As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[4e/FR] Scions of Splendor OOC

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Keira Urmbrusk, Swordmage, of House Urmbrusk

House Background:
    House Urmbrusk has a reputation of being opportunistic, and this is not entirely unfounded. This reputation only increased during the Time of Troubles, as House Urmbrusk came out of the Spellplague relatively untouched, and in fact slightly better off than before. Taking advantage of the disarray most of the other Houses underwent, Urmbrusk proposed an alliance with House Tesper, one of the more militaristic Houses. The goal of this alliance was to seize control of lands belonging to other Houses while the Houses themselves were concentrating on merely surviving. As most of House Urmbrusk's wealth comes from land ownership, and profiting off of the goods produced on said land, this was a logical maneuver. It was also a successful one, adding to their control of lands in Tethyr and Velen, as well as establishing a foothold in Amn and establishing relationships with the elves of Wealdath Forrest. Of course, this all came to the detriment of other Houses. In particular, House Roaringhorn lost most of its holdings and trade relationships in Tethyr and the surrounding areas. Relations between the two houses remain neutrally hostile.

Other activities of note: House Urmbrusk was one of the first to recognize the Queen of the Moonshae Isles. House Urmbrusk is also interested in opening trade routes to Evereska, and has made friends via ambassadors with certain Eladrin nobles - little has come of this yet as Everska tends to be rather secretive and protective. House Urmbrusk tends to be conservative in its risk taking, but always seems to be in on the ground floor of a profitable new venture.

House Urmbrusk's coat of arms is three platinum coins arranged over a jagged peak.

Personal Background:
    Keira is the third of three daughters, heirs to the head of House Urmbrusk. Always playful, albeit with a bit of a cruel streak, Keira really began to blossom as her body developed. Watching her sisters go through similar circumstances, Keira learned the finer arts of playing with men's emotions. She found it highly amusing to toy with men. Why buy things with her own money, when she could get someone else to get it for her? Morality, never high on the list of lessons a noble tends to learn, is something that still escapes her - she really doesn't get that other people might be hurt by her actions and words.

A visiting eladrin merchant, one Keira's father was attempting to befriend in hopes of opening up trade to Everska, became the target of some of Keira's manipulations. Finding him both handsome and useful, Keira convinced him to share with her some of the secrets of eladrin swordplay. Initially it started as a diversion, a silly thing to pass the time, but Keira soon found swordfighting to be personally thrilling. It particularly amused her that she was able to ensnare her foes using sword magic much like she ensnared men with her wiles. Noticing her passion for the sword, and the eladrin's interest, her father has begun grooming her for a potential ambassadorship to Everska.

Personality and Appearance:
    Keira is fairly attractive, but she knows how to make the most of what she's got and to make men fall in lust. She fancies herself a romantic, forever searching for the One and praying to Sune; but if she's honest with herself she enjoys being a flirt, an object of desire. She sees the world as her playbox, and tends to act carefree and a bit spoilt, but can be reasoned with.

Keira has long, wavy blond hair and pale skin, with bright blue eyes. She tends to dress in bright colors, often ones that show off her figure, and carries a gilded rapier. When ready for "battle" (as she's not been in a real fight before), she has a set of leather armor, worn fairly tight. It's decorated, but battle-tested, even if she is not. She'll often decorate herself with broaches and rings, usually with some small magic sparkle effect, and wears expensive perfume.

Picture:
    TerraBranford.jpg
    Seriously, I love those boots.

Orokos sheet. I did take one thing which is from Dragon, if you'll allow me to have it - the feat Focused Expertise, which essentially gives her the expertise bonus whether she uses her rapier as an implement or as a weapon, and is unstackable with Weapon/Implement Expertise. Since swordmages tend to use their swords as both, a lot, I thought it would save me a feat. If that's not cool, I'll retrain it to be one or the other, perhaps replacing Action Surge with whichever I don't take with the free one.

Oh yeah, and thumbs up to Downshadow.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    fe1dmanfe1dman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Keira Kately, Swordmage, of House Urmbrusk

Ahh, a rival appears for House Cassalanter. Or will this be a Montague v Capulet thing.

fe1dman on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Since we don't want a striker sausage festival, I now present Zekrah 'Zeke' Eltorchul, the Silent Knight or The Sword, Board, and Bird triple threat!

Unfortunately you're going to have to go (literally) back to the drawing board, as House Eltorchul is now part of House Belbrundel and I think Eltorchul Academy is closed. See the Candlekeep link in the OP.
    Keira Kately, Swordmage, of House Urmbrusk

The Waterdhavian houses don't have runs of minor nobility in them: that is to say, all members of House Urmbrusk would have Urmbrusk as a last name, including yours.
    I did take one thing which is from Dragon, if you'll allow me to have it - the feat Focused Expertise, which essentially gives her the expertise bonus whether she uses her rapier as an implement or as a weapon, and is unstackable with Weapon/Implement Expertise. Since swordmages tend to use their swords as both, a lot, I thought it would save me a feat. If that's not cool, I'll retrain it to be one or the other, perhaps replacing Action Surge with whichever I don't take with the free one.

Jury's still out on this one. Posting the actual feat would help.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    @Arivia - Oh, ok, I was unsure. Easy fix.
    Focused Expertise (Rapier):
    Tier: Heroic
    You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with any weapon or implement power used with a Rapier. This bonus increases to +2 at 15th level and +3 at 25th level.
    Special: This bonus is not cumulative with the one provided by Implement Expertise or Weapon Expertise.
    Dragon 375

@fe1dman - Probably the latter more than the former. Daddy might disapprove, but he's just being silly. Who cares about business and land and blah blah blah whatever if the boy is cute?

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Soren Nandar, Illuskan Bard, House Nandar

Background
    The man in the bed was dying. Sickness had taken him slowly from that which he loved most in his life, his family: the wife he adored and the son who would carry on his legacy. Regret did not hold a place in the man’s heart, save one thing: he never told his son his future, nay, his destiny. He managed to work up the strength to call his son into the room, and moments later the padding of feet could be heard. As the door slowly opened, the child could be seen in the light coming from the hall. The boy was only six years old, not truly old enough to understand what was happening to his father.

Seeing his son’s face, the man managed a smile, the first one in some time. “Come here Soren, come over here.” Speaking the words takes all the energy the man can muster. “There’s something I need to tell you.” The boy is silent. “I’ve… always had a plan for you… and well… it might just be easier to show you.” A hand slips out from under the covers, and hands the boy a small silver key, and then points to a chest in the corner of the darkened room.

The boy runs over to the chest, and, turning the key, the lid creaks open. Even in the darkness of the room, the boy’s eyes light up. Picking up the small wooden object, he turns around to thank his father. The father’s eyes have closed, and the boy, thinking his father has drifted off to sleep, quietly leaves the room, remembering to thank his father in the future. The chance never came.

===========================================================================

The room was fairly busy tonight, which meant good money. That was the only thing Soren could hope for these days. It had been 3 years since he started performing, and he had been lucky enough to spend the last year in the North Ward. His time in the Warrens and South Wards had been spent, and now he was performing for people who had real money. Finally he had been able to secure a spot in The Silver Coin, one of the North Ward’s most popular taverns.

This night was much like other nights, the patrons of the room fairly quiet, which he still enjoyed over the rambunctiousness of the Warrens, or even the South Ward. On stage, Soren was a master performer, the lute he carries with him able to provide both calming melodies and upbeat drinking songs. The performance that night was much like other nights, it went well, the audience applauded, and he left the stage.

When he approached the bar tender at the end of the night to collect his pay, the conversation was one he was not expecting. “Sorry Soren, but we can’t keep you on any more.” This was a surprise. One Soren had not been ready for, as he could barely get a word in.

“You’re just not makin the money you used to, so we gotta let you go.”

Finally, Soren was able to speak again. “You can’t be serious. You know how hard it is to find proper work for someone like me? How bout you keep me on, but give me a smaller portion, alls good right?” The bar keep didn’t know it, but Soren’s words had a little extra push behind them.

“…Fine, we can do that,” his response came after a minute’s deliberation. Soren took that as the end of the conversation, and went to have his drink. It was only a few minutes before a man came to talk to him.

“You handled that well. I might have use for someone like you, if you feel like making more money than you do here,” the man’s offer came.

“Yeah, and just who are you?” Soren’s reply had an air of distrust. The man’s hand went into one of the bags around his waist, and pulled out a small piece of cloth, offering it to Soren. His eyes went wide as he saw the familiar coat of arms on it, “I don’t owe you any money, do I?”

The day had finally come. It had been 4 years since he had joined House Nandar as a collections agent. They had started training him the day after he had been approached, and not just for his new job. He received training and education in things he had never expected, including developing his ability to deceive and manipulate people and training with the arcane arts. Within 2 years after his delve into collections he was promoted to Nandar Overseer of Collectors. After 2 years of service, he was up for consideration into higher ranks. His 4 years had been leading to this day, the day he was considered to be an actual noble.

Running collections had allowed Soren to build a good amount of wealth. And being an Illuskan didn't hurt his chances, but what had really set him apart was his service. He had become their most successful collector, able to get payments from all he visited, and managed to limit the encounters to few fights. Though he could handle the odd fight here and there, thanks to the training Nandar provided. His time as an Overseer had provided even more evidence to his abilities to lead and get what he wanted out of those under his command.

Finally the letter carrier delivered the parchment Soren had so long waited for. Breaking the wax seal with the coat of arms he had for long carried in his satchel, he opened the letter and his eyes passed over it. So that's it then, was the only thought to come to mind.

Soren Nandar... has a nice ring to it.

Part of the family. Something Soren hadn't experienced since his father had died, and Taman Nandar helped feel like part of the family. It had been a full year since Soren had been officially made a member of House Nandar, granting him full access to the families resources. He found it much nicer to be part of the family than to just be working for the family. At the very least, he was enjoying himself much more.

Of course, life was much different as an officially recognized member of the Nandar family. Instead of performing at middle class taverns in the North Ward, he was now attending nobles balls in the Sea Ward. Instead of collecting from rent owners, he barely had to worry about the daily business operations. And tonight was not much different, he thought, as the band played in the background, and the server brought another round of beer to the table.

Part of the family. I like it.

Appearance and Personality
    Soren is a human of Illuskan descendant, and has the common blond hair, with blue eyes. Most would describe him a handsome, and he has the look of classic nobility. He normally wears the robes or coats bearing the colors of Nandar, and his garments are of very fine cloth. He isn't very muscled, but is fit nonetheless.

For his beginnings as a collector, his is well mannered, and good at fitting in with the nobles. He is good at getting things to go his way, especially when negotiating with others. He would prefer that his arguments don't come to blows, but is prepared to fight should the situation necessitate it.

House Nandar
    General Info
    Patriarch: Taman
    Heir: None Currently
    Interests/Trades: Real Estate, House Building, Landowning.
    House Colors: Purple and Green

Friendships:
    House Nandar is generally friendly with most other noble houses, out of necessity. Their trade often requires treading on thin ground, so maintaining good relations with other houses is in their best interests. Out of all the houses, Nandar tends to have the best relations with other Illuskan houses due to a shared background. The closest relationship House Nandar has with another house is Kormallis, as Nandar frequently hires mercenaries from them for odd jobs.

Nandar is also close with House Ruldegost, due to intermarriages over the years. The two houses have remained friends, and hope that their two houses can continue close work together.

Enemies:
    Nandar's biggest enemy is House Thann. During the Spellplage, Nandar and Thann were in a property battle in the North Ward of Waterdeep, and when Nandar managed to come out on top, the members of House Thann took it rather personally. Ever since relations between the two houses have been on edge.

Background
    For quite some time before the Spellplague, House Nandar had been deeply invested in the landowning business in Waterdeep. Their trade wasn’t always the way it is now, though. The Nandar family used to invest quite heavily in both residential and city wide development, ranging from new housing to bridges and street renewing. The Nandar family had been long respected as a part of the Waterdhavian society, and has always been rooted in the Noble community.

During and after the ravages of the Spellplague, however, some of the Nandar family’s business took a turn for the worse, mostly concerning the aggressiveness with which the family pursued land acquisition. The biggest example of this is the land battle with House Thann in the North Ward, when Nandar managed to squeeze by Trann to gain the title of largest landowners in Waterdeep. As the family’s influence over land in the city increased, they had the need to recruit from outside sources concerning the daily running of the family. Collectors are normally outside hires, and their aggressive methods gained House Nandar the reputation it has with renters and debtors alike.

House Nandar is still very much rooted in the Noble community, making sure that their name is a respected one in the society, even if the respect must come from fear. The members of the house make it a point to pay other Noble families their respect, with the exception of Thann.

Coat of Arms
    coatofarmsn.jpg

In the upper left is a coin, lower right is a masons trowel. Only member of the family are allowed to wear the Coat on garments or display it on themselves. Hired collectors are commonly given a small version stitched into a piece of cloth to display their connection to house to renters.

Downshadow?
    Yes, because the description in FRCG makes it sound fun.

Uhg, that took a while. My document with all the background stuff is over 3 pages long!

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    @Arivia,

Focused Expertise - Heroic Tier
    Benefit: Choose a weapon that you can wield
    as an implement. You gain a +1 bonus to attack
    rolls with any implement or weapon power you use
    through that weapon. The bonus increases to +2 at
    15th level and +3 at 25th level.

Special: You can take this feat more than once.
    Each time you take this feat, choose a different
    weapon that you can wield as an implement. This
    bonus is not cumulative with the one provided by
    Implement Expertise or Weapon Expertise.

Its basically implement and weapon expertise combined except you choose a specific weapon (dagger) instead of a weapon type (light blades, polearms, etc).

fe1dman on
  • Options
    Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arivia wrote: »
    Since we don't want a striker sausage festival, I now present Zekrah 'Zeke' Eltorchul, the Silent Knight or The Sword, Board, and Bird triple threat!

Unfortunately you're going to have to go (literally) back to the drawing board, as House Eltorchul is now part of House Belbrundel and I think Eltorchul Academy is closed. See the Candlekeep link in the OP.

It isn't? Fuuuuuck. It wasn't in the former houses section so I thought it was still good. Oh well, I like the concept I'll use her for a different game. I'll come up with something else.

Stranger Danger on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Taking Focused Expertise is fine. Please copy the entirety of the feat into the notes section for any character with it.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    May I be able to get Talenta Weapon Training (Ebberon players guide) for a halfling without the Talenta background?

Stranger Danger on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    May I be able to get Talenta Weapon Training (Ebberon players guide) for a halfling without the Talenta background?

Rules-wise, I don't see why not. You're going to have to figure out some reason why a halfling is wielding some oddly-shaped piece of metal in a world where halflings just use short swords, though.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Deadline for submissions is next Friday at midnight EST. I'm going to try and grab a phalla mini spot after this round closes; decisions may be delayed until it's over.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Would you accept other races who have been adopted into the noble class, rather than through birth or marriage?

Stranger Danger on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Would you accept other races who have been adopted into the noble class, rather than through birth or marriage?

You could submit that (kuhlmeye already has, to a degree), but I'll be honest: I'm looking for Waterdhavian native nobles as a common base to grow from.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    IAmUnawareIAmUnaware Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    (Okay, based entirely on one little footnote in the Noble Houses PDF....)

Elaia Gras of House Gralleth

House Gralleth
    House Gralleth was one of the less important noble houses of Waterdeep before the Year of Blue Flame. They had their fingers in the businesses of making blades and armor, contracting mercenaries, and general satisfaction of the sorts of grievances that weapons and professional killers are useful for. The Gralleth family was growing hungry to gain power and standing in the vast and complex world of Waterdhavian nobility, and when the events of 1385DR struck they saw their chance.

House Gralleth has taken ample advantage of the chaos of the last hundred years. Through several wise acquisitions at fortuitous times (and many underhanded dealings and deeds), Lord Charles Gralleth has come into command of the entire estates of several smaller houses, among them the Bladesemmers and the Gralhunds. The wise among these smaller houses have married into or otherwise sworn allegiance to the Gralleth clan; the unwise have disappeared.

Now one of the most powerful families in Waterdeep, House Gralleth controls the largest mercenary and weapon production operations in the city, the combined resources of many generations of several powerful families. If you need a private army on a moment's notice and you've got the coin to spare, House Gralleth can help. If you need a hundred of the finest swords money can buy and price is no object, House Gralleth is your friend. If you're looking for a good, thrifty deal... you'd best find the door. And quick.

As a result of their acquisitions, House Gralleth has become a much more diverse place. While originally composed entirely of Chondathan humans, the House has been expanded in the last century by the complex groups of people desperately trying to become members of the House in order to maintain their nobility. Most notably, there is a small clan of tieflings, originally members of House Gralhund, who claim to descend directly from Gargauth (see below).

Friendly House: Rosznar. Their "do anything, ask no questions" attitude and production of... living impairment accessories can be very useful in a clawing rise to the top.
    Enemy House: Manthar. They operate in many of the same fields as Gralleth and are seen as financial rivals. Relations between the two houseshave been somewhat antagonistic.
    Coat of Arms: Two crossed swords below a full plate visor on a field half-red (left) and half-yellow (right).

Notes about Gargauth
    Gargauth is a lawful evil demigod who delights in acts of corruption and betrayal, particularly those occuring in political situations or between people of great power. Originally an archdevil, Gargauth's foulness and inclination to betray got him exiled from the Nine Hells. (And they're usually pretty accepting of foulness, I hear.)
    Gargauth loves twisting and perverting agreements and contracts by holding strictly to their letter while defying their spirit and intent. He affects an air of civility and compassion, but truly he cares for nothing but his own gain.

Background
    Elaia believes very strongly in the rumor that the tieflings of House Gralhund trace their lineage directly back to Gargauth. She does not worship Gargauth, but that doesn't affect her belief that descent from demigod blood makes her something better than royalty. Besides, some of his principles are... convenient for a life like hers.

Elaia takes after her mother Ara in many ways. Ara was an intensely opportunistic woman who married a man in House Gralleth as soon as it was clear that House Gralhund would be consumed, much to the dismay of her previous husband (who simply disappeared). Ara taught Elaia that one has to look out for oneself in this world, and that the best way to do that was to always join up with the winning side. Despite Ara's malleable concept of allegiance, she was unswervingly loyal to and protective of Elaia, and the young girl learned as much from this as she did from her mother's words. While Elaia certainly looks out for herself very carefully, she also looks out for those close to her. Her friendship can be difficult to earn, but once earned it is solid.

Elaia is a bit arrogant, but she does not allow her pride to get in the way of her enmities. She understands the value of a secret and guards information closely. She can be a bit mean at times, particularly to those who act as though they are superior to her. In diplomatic situations, she speaks carefully and intelligently, doing her best to give away only the information she must and being cautious not to say anything that could be twisted against her (another trait learned from her study of her possible ancestor). She draws great amusement from the discomfort of others at her demonic appearance and (supposed) lineage.

Elaia projects the image of a selfish, dangerous, unscrupulous woman prepared to do anything to avenge a slight. She is careful, however, not to fall into the trap of actually becoming the person she projects. The political intrigues concomitant with her lifestyle sometimes require her to engage in blackmail, lies, or treachery in order to save her own hide or preserve her station, but she will not do these things simply to cause others to suffer, nor to elevate herself above them.

Elaia worships Tymora, goddess of good luck, and she believes she feels Tymora's hand on her soul. As such, Elaia believes very strongly in taking risky but rewarding actions. This led her to undertake a scar pilgrimage to the Plaguewrought Lands. She traveled with a few other pilgrims under the protection of the Order of Blue Fire, and it seems Tymora smiled on her journey because she returned to Waterdeep with a spellscar while none of her fellow pilgrims returned at all.

Description
    Elaia is small for a tiefling, only 5 and a half feet tall. Her skin is a light red, appearing nearly pink in the right light. Her hair is naturally a very dark bluish color, but she dyes it jet black to play up her demonic appearance. Her eyes are solid white. As all tieflings do, she has horns protruding from her forehead as well as a nonprehensile tail. Her horns curl back around her hair, looking quite a bit like a ram's horns.
    She prefers to wear dark colored clothing with highlights of white because she likes the way it brings out the red in her skin. She wears whatever the current style among the nobility dictates.

Downshadow?
    Sure, it sounds interesting, but I have no strong feelings about this either way.

Regarding the spellscar: Arivia, I'm not sure how you want to treat the Spellplague and related things in your game, so if you'd rather not have a spellscarred character I can just drop the scar and replace the related feat with something else.

IAmUnaware on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, that background is completely at odds with the character concept I had, but that's ok, I'll think of something else to build.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    IAmUnaware wrote: »
    Regarding the spellscar: Arivia, I'm not sure how you want to treat the Spellplague and related things in your game, so if you'd rather not have a spellscarred character I can just drop the scar and replace the related feat with something else.

I have no intention of dropping the Spellplague (although I'm not too likely to dwell on it at the cost of, say, sparks or crossroads.)

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well, that background is completely at odds with the character concept I had, but that's ok, I'll think of something else to build.

Which, mine? It's certainly malleable. We can work it out so our concepts are consistent if you want, I'm sure.

IAmUnaware on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    60 hours left.

For those still debating an application, these are the current submissions:

Striker
    Septimus Cassalanter (fe1dman) - Warlock
    Calwyn Dezlentyr (shalmelo) - Rogue
    Walik Rosznar (Stranger Danger) - Sorcerer
    Quinn Aethe (Raddue) - Avenger

Defender
    Keira Urmbrusk (tzeentchling) - Swordmage

Leader
    Soren Nandar (kuhlmeye) - Bard

Controller
    Elaia Gras (IAmUnaware) - Invoker

Lots of space still for more submissions outside of striker.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Quick clarification: Does "any printed material" include the PH Heroes powers?

IAmUnaware on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    IAmUnaware wrote: »
    Quick clarification: Does "any printed material" include the PH Heroes powers?

No, it doesn't, sorry.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arivia wrote: »
    60 hours left.

For those still debating an application, these are the current submissions:

Striker
    Walik Rosznar (Stranger Danger) - Sorcerer
    Quinn Aethe (Raddue) - Avenger

Defender

Leader

Controller
    Elaia Gras (IAmUnaware) - Invoker

Lots of space still for more submissions outside of striker.

I'm hoping to have time tomorrow evening to put together a second (non-striker) submission, but this has been a busy week so I'm not holding my breath.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Varius Valanthe, Human Cleric of Oghma

18425-auron_by_idnar_large.jpg

Background
    Varius is the nephew of the current patriarch, Velsificus Valanthe. He has grown up with all the priviledges a child could ask for; raised under the watchful gaze of his elders, privately educated by respected instructors, waited on hand and foot by servants, and given nearly anything he wanted. Needless to say, this bred great comtempt and arrogance in young Varius Valanthe. While not unusual for a noble house to produce a degenerate miscreant, when Varius fought and nearly blinded his older cousin Valmont, heir to the Valanthe leadership, the elders had to do something. Most of the older generation were a pious lot, raised in conservative southern Tethyrian households, and they opted to send Varius off to live out his adolescent turmoil in service to the temples of their patron gods in Tethyr.

And so Varius, in his mercurial and tempestuous youth, was sent off to sweep and study in the halls of the temples of Silvanus, and meditate and aid the disciples of Oghma in their research. At first, his near-exile angered him further, the long hours spent in the company of quiet priests of Silvanus driving him to near-madness. But in time, his rage begant to assuage, and the priests began to engage him in the study of healing and medicine derived from the natural world. Despite his initial apprehension, Varius found himself to be a natural healer, gaining a deep understanding of the human anatomy and the power of will and hope to restore strength to withered limbs. When word of his progressed reached his elders, they had Varius transferred to the libraries of the devoted followers of Oghma, so that he might learn some wisdom, problem solving, and return to the family with with precious knowledge on subjects otherwise unknown.

As Varius reached the ripe age of seventeen, his family called for him to come home. Upon returning Varius was reunited with his cousin Valmont, who had long forgotten their childhood quarrels and they became fast friends once more. Since his return to Waterdeep, Varius has been somewhat of a puzzle to the scions of the other noble families. Some find his meek demeanor and self-deprecating stories of his servitude under ascetic monks hilarious and invite him to all their outings. Others loathe his recent popularity on the ball-scene and deride him as an outsider.

In the years since his return, his elders have unsuccessfully tried to find a proper role for him in the family tradition of import of arcane, medical, and alchemical commodities. First he was set in the warehouse, but his lack of business experience lead to the family losing hundreds of gold in a deal Varius made in an attempt to ensure proper relations between the Valanthe and the Raventree. While the deal did improve the business ties between the Valanthe and Raventree, the family reassigned Varius to the family research halls to investigate means to ensure the tradegoods remain dry in transport to prevent decomposition of their alchemical properties. Without asking permissions of the elders, Varius commissioned the work out to the Belbrundel who created and sold Varius several hundred yards of fabric that would seal out external moisture from the covered wagons that made up the Valanthe trade caravans. After solving this and several other minor issues regarding the efficiency of their transport methods, Varius grew bored and petitioned his elders to let him go out with the next trade venture outside Waterdeep. With their approval, Varius left Waterdeep for two months and returned safely with the trade caravan. His travel companions spoke highly of Varius' ability to mend and inspire the caravan guard while fighting off bandits and beasts alike. Since then Varius has been accompanying his cousin Valmont, as he peruses the events and celebrations of the other noble houses.
    House Valanthe
    /*Player Created House*/

Ethnicity: Tethyrian
    Patron Deities: Oghma, Silvanus
    Alignment: Good, Unaligned
    Crest: A red encircled letter V on black parchment, encircled with silver olive branches

The House Valanthe deals in medicines, arcane substances, and alchemical supplies to the fine businesses and craftsmen of Waterdeep. The family itself owns no storefronts other than a large warehouse where they wholesale their goods to other merchants. Currently ruled by the aging patriarch, Velsificus Valanthe and his wife Nora Welterton Valanthe. Their son, Valmont is considered the obvious choice to take over the family tradition and has been well groomed for the position.

The family has its roots in Tethyr, but they have had a long presence in Waterdeep as a middle merchant behind the scenes. Using their contacts and relatives back in Tethyr, the Valanthe import all manners of chemicals and substances by land and sea. They are often secretive about their business partners and sources outside of the Sword Coast.

The family is remarkably conservative and rigid in the demand that family members must marry only Tethyrians. They are also quite pious and worship all of the good and unaligned gods, with large amounts of donations going to the temples of Silvanus and Oghma to gain divine favor on their house. Due their to trade being primarily of the import/middleman/wholesaler nature, the Valanthe have no quarrels with rival families over business other than the competitive nature of the market.

Allied Houses
    House Hawkwinter (family business ties) - Due to their Tethyrian background and the Valanthe need for guardians on their trade voyages/caravans, the two families have very deep ties and social relations
    House Roaringhorn (through Valmont) - Valmont has long wished to court the Roaringhorn heiress, Talantress, much to the disdain of his own parents. As such, Valmont and by association, Varius have spent many hours in the company of the Roaringhorn kin.
    House Belbrundel (through Varius) - Varius has made a few friends within the Belbrundel family through shared interests and on one occassion, secretly passing them gold in return for the creation of moisture-proof cloth for the trade caravans

Rival Houses
    House Mandarth - Valmont Valanthe once spurned a young woman from the Mandarth family, causing several near-brawls between the males of both families on more than one occassion
    House Rosznar (not openly, publically courteous) - After foiling and killing an intruder trying to poison the stores of the medicine in the Valanthe warehouse, they began to suspect the House Rosznar of having some knowledge on the matter. Through several successful streetwise checks, the family was able to determine the poison was of a variety sold by the Rosznar clan, though who purchased it and what their motive was is still a mystery.
    Personality
    Varius has an aura of a studious nature and meticulous preparation. His training in the temples has given him a fair bit of knowledge about the anatomy of various humanoids and he applies this knowledge judiciously to aid the injured and guide the strikes of his allies. He exudes a helpful, goofball demeanor and is a bit shy around girls, having grown up in in temples instead of in the company of other debutantes.

When in combat, Varius uses his studies to engage in active tactics, inspiring his allies to survive even the most outmatched encounters.
    Appearance
    Varius is a male human with an average build. He is in his early twenties and despite his age has a peppering of white in his black hair with thin wire-framed rose-tinted glasses resting on his nose. When dressed for adventuring, he wears a suit of oiled and polished scale armor beneath a fine grey silk robe with a high collar. He walks using an intricately carved staff to ease his load and find secure footing. His hands are covered by leather gem studded gloves that reach halfway up his forearms.

fe1dman on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cool beans.

Okay lets try this again. I actually made sure this house existed (or at least wasn't mentioned in the candlekeep link)

Now presenting Amelia Eirontalar, Crazy Animalistic Tracker!
    http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1216

House Eirontalar Background
    House Eirontalar is a rich house. Well, not in the sense of money. Or power. Or political influence. Heck, they've always been struggling to keep their status. No, Eirontalar is rich in reputation. They were ennobled by it after the house Founder defeated a horrible monster that tore its way up from Undermountain and rampaged through the city. The man wasn't very good at anything other than hunting things and killing things, so that was what the Founder based his house on. The hero hammered in the ideas of personal honour, loyalty, and excellence into his many children, and those principles are enshrined today. Though every year is a struggle, they have managed to keep from being absorbed by the bigger noble houses.

Most of the houses interests are wrapped up in hunting lodges. They also supply guides to far off and dangerous territories and round out their finances with bounty hunting. Though each member is highly specialized they have a strong reputation for skill and service. House Eirontalar has managed to produce a number of famous heroes from this hard life, which still earns house members invitations to the big parties. All the nobles are expected to work as hard as their employees and live a similar hardscrabble life.

Their heraldry is a crossed bow and axe over a yellow and green background.
    Enemy Houses: Nesher
    Allied Houses: Ilzimmer

Amelia's Background
    Amelia was born to Faux and Bess Eirontalar. The appearance of the scaly shifter almost caused a divorce, but relatives revealed that there were both shifters and were-creatures in their family lines. Amelia was probably just a throwback. Probably. Even so, both parents had their own suspicions, and kept their daughter at a distance.

Amelia grew up at her parent's hunting lodge. Though she got dressed up for the occasional fancy party or reunion, she spent most of her time tending to the hunters needs or taking care of the animals. She had a few friends, but got in trouble on occasion for playing too rough. Like others of her kind, the shifter longed for the endless expanses of the wild.

After years of begging her parents for work away from the lodge, the shifter was apprenticed out to her Uncle Rofel. The spellplague and other events had changed much of Faerun, so the pair found good work as explorers and guides. Amelia became fond of Rofel. He taught her everything he knew about Faerun and how to commune with nature. She tended to interpret her lessons a little more violently than most druids, but she mastered them all the same.

Tragedy struck way back home in Waterdeep. The House Assistant Treasurer Jerard died under mysterious circumstances. The position would have fallen to Amelia's great uncle, but he declined. As did her second cousin when offered the position. As did all of the others until it fell to Amelia, who being the youngest adult in the house, could not refuse. After all of her training and hard experience, the shifter was recalled to Waterdeep to become a bean counter of all things.

The druid soon discovered why nobody wanted the job. The head treasurer and Amelia's great aunt Penelope was a horrible slavemaster and a wretched harpy. Every day was a struggle for the druid to not leap across her desk and rip the vile old woman's throat out. To keep herself sane, the shifter began to investigate Jerard's death. What had appeared to be a robbery gone wrong began to look suspicious when the suspects had ties with House Nesher...

Amelia's Appearance and Mannerisms
    Amelia looks like she's been smacked across the face with an ugly stick. She's tall and wirey with short matted black hair and bright yellow eyes. Her teeth are cruel, jagged curves and when she smiles her thin lips pull back almost to her slightly pointed ears. The woman's nose has a slight crook in it from many breaks. Her arms and fingers look too long for her skinny frame, ending in dull reptilian talons. A long scaly green tail sticks out of her backside. Her skin is lightly tanned and stretched tight over her flat gangly frame with the occasional patches of green scales.

The druid gives the impression of a caged beast. Yes, she can wear all the pretty dresses and make up and can do the nice noble dances and knows which fork to use and all the proper ettiquite for her station. But no matter how nice or polite she's trying to be, it always seems like she will open that huge mouth and rip the nearest person to shreds. There is a detectable savagery to her nature that Amelia just can't shake. It'd help if she would just stop sniffing people or jumping at loud noises. As a person, Amelia is friendly and honourable, and accepts that fact that most people do not like to be around her. Though willing to indulge minor political intrigues, she intensely hates being manipulated, and god help you if she catches you in a lie. She hates her job and hates Waterdeep, but is trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Stranger Danger on
  • Options
    defplayrdefplayr Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Siobhan Mournwyn Amcathra, "Human" (Longtooth Shifter) Paladin of Tymora

Background
    Siobhan Mournwyn Amcathra was born into one of the Waterdhavian noble houses. Her mother, Sarabeth Amcathra, is the sister to the current patriarch, Arrivan Amcathra. Her father was an adventurer her mother met in Baldur's Gate, Theargood Mournwyn, who is said to have some lycanthropy in his ancestry. Through her noble blood, she shares common lineage with Mourngrym Amcathra, former lord of Shadowdale. She grew up listening fondly to the stories of his trials and triumphs and resolved to be no burden on his great name. As a young child she was betrothed to a member of House Thann, Culben. However as Culben was a cruel boy and a growing chauvinist, Siobhan made sure to torment the boy each and everytime they crossed paths until he declared he would never married the Amcathra she-devil. Siobhan was thrilled but her family seeing her no longer useful as a lady of the house, sent her off to the forge and stable with her male cousins.

She took well to the lessons of the forge, knew how to spot the flaws of a blade, and her uncles even took the time to teach her some swordsmanship. But as she grew past her gawky teenage years, her noble blood took hold and her beauty became known to the suitors of Waterdeep, even Culben had to cede this fact despite his hatred of his childhood tormentor. Growing tired of them seeking her hand, Siobhan first joined the temple of Tymora, hoping some great fortune would come relieve her of the burden of being a weapon of familial politics. However, as she spurned more and more suitors even in her service to the temple, eventually one of the young men snapped, unable to cope with someone with his stature being denied. He charged at her with a dagger but much to his surprise, Siobhan easily disarmed him and drew a long cut across his back. Shocked at her own reflexive violence, Siobhan quickly covered the wound before the man's retainers could see. A shiver of light glimmered in her mind and her eyes as the goddess of luck granted her a gift. The wound healed leaving no scar under Siobhan's hand. Sensing Tymora's support for her plight, and reassured by the power vested in her faith in the goddess of fortune, Siobhan declared then and there she would marry no man who could be bested so easily in combat.
    Description
    Siobhan stands about 5'8", has straight blonde hair that reaches down to her shoulders and brilliant blue eyes. Around town she dresses in loose dresses of fine silk, preferring white and blues. When dueling she dons plate armor with oversized golden colored pauldrons and a red painted cuirass. On her left arm she wears a heavy oblong shield she calls Luck, and her right arm is a jabbing, whirlwind of slashing steel she calls Fortune. She had a hand in forging both items and is sentimentally attached to them.

Siobhan is a carefree and jovial individual who grew up a tomboy. She loves fortune tellers and gambling. She is not afraid to get into the thick of battles and despite her noble heritage, does not discriminate against those in lesser standing. In combat she uses biting insults (bolstered by Tymora's divine aid) to force her opponents to face her. It is rumored that when she becomes injured, her eyes develop a dark shadow and her canines take on a savage quality, with several dark lines becoming apparent high on her cheek that resemble large whiskers.
    lrg-492-metroid-samus-custume-blonde-2.jpg
    House Amcathra
    Family Crest: Black rampant horse on a golden shield
    Ethnicity: Tethyrian
    Alignment/Deity: Good, Unaligned / Tymora

Friends: Thann (Common interests in wines and long standing history in Waterdeep), Maerklos (Siobhan loves getting her fortune told by Seers)
    Enemies: Ilzimmer (mistreatment of horses), Mandarth (cruelty and whaling)
    Dislikes: Roaringhorns (Especially Talantress for bring women a bad name)

The Amcathra are a noble family that reside in a manor in the Sea Ward. The majority of their wealth comes from breeding and training horses in Amphail, but they also have a strong family presence in the city of Silverymoon. The family also runs several forges, after learning blacksmithing to make horseshoes, they began to learn the art of forging fine swords. Though not as rich as some of the other families, the Amcathra boast a proud heritage, having the former lord of Shadowdale come from their bloodline, as well as guild leaders and adventurers. see http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Amcathra
    Downshadow
    Personally I would like to keep Downshadow in the game as an option. It would be a great fall-back if we decide we need to go shake up some information out of its inhabitants.

defplayr on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Prahd Corier of House Corier (Half-elf fighter)

House Corier
    Patriarch: Johar (yo-harr) Corier (human)
    Consort: Chaerel Corier (wood elf)
    Heir: Prahd Corier
    Ethnicity: Illuskan
    Predominant Alignment: Good
    Favored Deities: Moradin, Selune
    Crest: A black figure of an armored man on a silver field

House Corier is a small house. Their modest fortune comes largely from making and selling fine and unusual armors, particularly fitting pieces for unusually large or small sets. They also produce some of the finest shields in the world. They own and manage the mining operations that deliver their ore as well, and they're fond of telling customers that their raw materials are controlled by House Corier from the very moment that they leave Moradin's hands.

Friendly Houses: Adarbrent (Johar Corier and Dorgar Adarbrent have been friends for many years), Hawkwinter (a mutual business arrangement has fostered genuine friendships between many members of the two houses)
    Enemy House: Kormallis (House Corier's outspoken hatred of the practice of slavery caused conflict with Kormallis when they still had their fingers in the slave trade, and the many icy relations between them in that time created a malice that has not completely thawed on either side)

Background
    Prahd took to the family business at an early age, always much more fascinated with stones and metals than with the trappings of nobility. His parents encouraged him, allowing him to join inspectors and surveyers at dig sites as soon as they felt he was old enough (and always under guard, of course). When he reached adulthood, Prahd began to lead expeditions of his family's men into foreign lands seeking legendary mineral veins or stores of ancient gems. On these expeditions he discovered an aptitude for combat and began to train very seriously and to undertake more dangerous, becoming an accomplished warrior in the space of half a decade and improving his family's fortunes and reputation.
    In particular, Prahd came to love the versatility of a shield in combat. He developed a style of fighting that relies very heavily on the shield for both offense and defense, using it for blocks and parries as well as for arcing, smashing blows. He wields a war pick in his other hand, selecting it for its symbolic value over a more common or effective weapon as he feels that the weapon is a necessary but slightly less important accoutrement for combat.
    He doesn't have a great amount of interest in the parties and events of the nobles, but he recognizes their importance in maintaining and expanding his family's position so he attends dutifully.

Appearance
    Prahd is an athletic man, muscular both from the rigors of combat and his own insistence that he assist his men in digging out their finds. He is affable and well respected amongst those who work for his family. He has the fairer skin of his father's people and dark hair which keeps cropped close. He also has a short beard.
    Prahd's equipment is generally well-maintained, but his shield in particular stands out. He learned the art of forging armor from his family's artisans, and while he is not as skilled in this as he is in combat, he insisted on creating a shield of his own. He personally mined and smelted the ore for it and then forged and shaped it with his own hands, a fact that he will boast to anyone who cares and also anyone who doesn't. He also inscribed it with an ornate and stylized version of his family's crest. It is not enchanted with any magic that would assist its use in combat, but it does to seem to shine in the light a bit brighter than one would expect.

IAmUnaware on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Submissions are now closed. Picks will be up sometime today (October 10th.)

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It was difficult, and everyone's submissions were wonderful, but in the end these just clicked the most with me:

Amelia Eirontalar (Stranger Danger) - Druid
    Siobhan Mournwyn Amcathra (defplayr) - Paladin

It will likely be Thursday before the actual game thread goes up (I have a midterm and an essay to write before hand, and it's Thanksgiving up here) but you all will receive a PM with some think pieces and questions to talk about sometime today or tomorrow.

In addition, I'd like you all to begin thinking about how or why you would know each other before the start of play. We'll be beginning against the backdrop of the first thaw of Waterdeep's harbour and a bit of noble reverie largely describable as a nude polar bear swim. Specifically, we'll be starting in a festhall or tavern as you try to warm up immediately afterwards.

Edit: shalmelo, you just need to pick up the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, and not the Campaign Guide.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yay! Made it in. Now, who to flirt with first... ;)

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nifty. I'll run and pick up the FR players guide in the next couple of days, should have it in hand by Monday.

As for how Calwyn knows the other characters, I'll have to go back and read some of the submissions. However one of them is easy - I'd bet that Calwyn and Septimus have known each other since Calwyn was a little kid. The Dezlentyr and Cassalanter families are very close, and my guess is that as soon as Calwyn's parents realized that his stutter made him unfit for public consumption, he got tucked away at parties out of sight, along with the "gnome" kid. Whether or not we'd be buddies, I don't know, but I'd be willing to bet we've spent a lot of time together over the years...

shalmelo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hey, Amelia got in!

For previous meeting opportunities... well, I'm not sure how much rumor fodder Amelia's housemate's murder is, but she's been asking around pretty extensively about it.

She was pretty mean as a kid. Some of our nobles might have been terrorized by Amelia. Others might be responsible for breaking her nose. Any volunteers?

Stranger Danger on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well, it would make sense for Siobhan and Keira to be friends, since we're both beautiful women and accomplished swordswomen. Her attitude towards boys might be a bit different, but similar. I'm sure Keira's flirted with and teased Calwyn when she's seen him out - he has exactly the right personality to be embarassed by her attention, particularly since she doesn't mean it. Septimus is "forbidden fruit," so I'm sure Keria's flirted with him before, especially since Daddy disapproves, even if he is a bit short. Keira's probably seen Soren out and about at parties and such, but nothing serious. I imagine she's a bit off-put by Amelia - they have violently different personalities.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I would imagine that Soren has met many of the other characters at parties and what not. Since he is still a fairly new figure on the nobility scene he has been trying to get noticed as much as possible.

Tomorrow when I get a chance I'll go through and look at everyone's house and figure out possible connections. Happy to be playing with you all!

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ok, after looking though everyone's House information, I just noticed that Amcartha is friends with House Thann. That could get interesting. I think Soren would probably be known in House Cassalanter, as he would probably make good use of their info gathering!

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Calwyn
    Septimus and Calwyn have probably spent the most amount of time together, compared to the others. Calwyn's connections are rather useful to Septimus when he needs information.

Soren
    While Soren may have come to Septimus once or twice for some information (ie where is this debtor hiding), they both deal in the moneylending business so Septimus usually takes what Soren tells him with a grain of salt. Other than that, they have no issues together.

Siobhan
    While Septimus may fawn over Siobhan from afar, he's probably friends with her in a platonic way since she's a tomboy and beats up guys.

Amelia
    Septimus probably makes a point to steer clear of Amelia. Her violent nature is a bit startling for someone who likes to stay in control of the situations. Amelia most likely picked on Septimus growing up because of his height.

Keira
    Since Septimus' family generally spits when they speak the name Urmbrusk, Septimus more or less keeps only publicly cordial relations with Keira. Business is business, but Septimus isnt above trying to flirt when they cross paths in private.

fe1dman on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Septimus: Short little boys make good targets for angry little girls. Yeah, Amelia certainly shoved him around as a child (which as a reasonable adult she now regrets). Amelia would also keep her distance from the shady rumormonging house.

Calwyn: If he was around Septimus at any point Calwyn would also be targeted for his stutter. Amelia would make a failed attempt to apologize later in life, only to come off as more insulting.

Siobhan: As a fellow strong-willed lady from a poor but respected house (though Amelia's house is probably much poorer) the shifter has mad respect for Siobhan. They might even be friends or acquaintances. Amelia might have helped out with tormenting her betrothed husband. Though I'm not sure how Siobhan would react to bullying other children. She might be responsible for breaking Amelia's nose at one point over the issue.

Soren
    Amelia rents a nice loft from from a very tightfisted landlord/manager. Perhaps Soren has to shake down this guy regularly, and they have a civil conversation afterwards. Perhaps with tea.

Keira
    If there's anyone that Amelia would still want to inflict physical harm on, it's Keira. If they met as kids Amelia tormented her relentlessly. She also avoids Keria these days, thought blames it on Keria's opportunistic House rather than their clashing personalities.

All this stuff is suggestions, btw. Can be edited.

Stranger Danger on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Septimus
    Yeah, Septimus and Calwyn have known each other forever. He may be one of the few who is aware of Calwyn's membership in the Thieves Guild.

Keira
    Keira probably drove Calwyn NUTS when he was younger, but he's a little older and wiser now. While Calwyn would definitely find Keira attractive, he's smart enough to know what her game is, and that he is only a pawn in it. He responds to her attention with a lot of quiet smiles that don't quite make it up to his eyes.

Siobhan
    She's pretty, can hold her own in a fight, AND likes gambling? Calwyn would get along with her just fine. If she's nice to him about the speech impediment, he might even develop something of a crush on her.

Soren
    Can't really think of any strong connections between the two of us, unless Calwyn happened to hang out in a tavern/inn that Soren would play at back in the day...

Amelia
    Calwyn's a little wary of the bully girl with the crazy eyes from his childhood, even if she does seem to have matured. I can envision him trying to defend Septimus from her at some point in the past, only to make things worse with the stutter.

shalmelo on
  • Options
    defplayrdefplayr Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Septimus
    Given his height, Siobhan is likely not threatened by Septimus at all and is probably amused by his temper and antics more than anything.

Calwyn
    Siobhan probably makes some light remarks in a teasing manner about his speech impediment. Other than that, as long as he doesn't get too friendly with her, she's got no beef with him.

Soren
    Siobhan's house is friendly with the Thann, and that makes her wary of her relations to anyone who is hostile to the people she's grown up around. However, she does not hold an open grudge against the Nandar. Soren's notoriously persuasive manner probably has her on her toes around him, lest she unwittingly flirts back, much to her annoyance.

Amelia
    Siobhan and Amelia probably got on okay together. While Siobhan isnt a bully herself, she could care less how Amelia treats boys (they are smelly afterall). Maybe they have sort of a big sister/ little sister type relationship (with Siobhan trying to cool Amelia's rage all the time)? Maybe the broken nose is a result of Siobhan trying to keep Amelia from going too far.

Keira
    Though there is probably no direct rivalry, Keira and Siobhan may be a bit competitive towards each other. Both are considered attractive and handy with a blade. Especially if Keira enjoys attention and Siobhan seemingly loathes it.

defplayr on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Arivia, is there a timeframe for when this is going to get going? I'm eager to play! I remember you said you were going to be pretty busy this week so I'm not worried, but I am curious.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hola!

My apologies for the delay. I have a friend crashing here at my place tonight, so I can't start things now. I've sent two PMs out - one to Stranger Danger and one to fe1dman - once I get those back, I can start things tomorrow night.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    IC thread is up!

I'm going to try something a little different in prep work: to get posts out faster, I'm going to not worry about canon so much and hang more on style and narrative. Nothing that should affect your end, but do point out any glaring errors I've made.

Edit: By the way, my apologies it took so long. When presentation prep work starts with debating the theories of knowledge with your group members, you know you're a women's studies major.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg