As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[4e/FR] Scions of Splendor OOC

1235»

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    OK. Logically, I would say the bait should be either Septimus (as a gnome, he can Fade Away if need be) or Keira (a young, beautiful woman out alone at night, with no weapon - I can call my rapier to me from 10 squares as a free action, so someone in the party can hold it - makes for an inviting target, but I'm pretty durable overall).

Keira, however, believes it should be Amelia. If the vampires are looking for the Fang Witch, then who better? They both kind of look the same anyway. Scraggly hair, scaly skin, shabby clothes, bad temper, and so on.

What?

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    fe1dmanfe1dman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hmm, true. Keira and Septimus probably do look a little too clean and a little too attractive to pass for some dockworker or Fang-Witch. Amelia it is!

fe1dman on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If Amelia's going to be the bait, how do we handle the signaling? One of the pluses of using Septimus was his ability to Ghost Sound the alarm. Are we just going to go on her yell, or what?

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hmm, true. Septimus is an incredibly cool build packed full of useful RP abilities and smells like wildflowers in the springtime. Septimus it is!

fe1dman on
  • Options
    Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Amelia would prefer to be the bait, as she wants to go all beast mode on the vampire, but Septimus would probably be the better tactical pick.

Stranger Danger on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hmm... plan to use bait, and Soren isn't the bait? Sounds good to me!

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    defplayrdefplayr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My vote goes to Septimus, with the rest of us should be lurking in a shop/cafe nearby?

defplayr on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Okay, first:

I just got around to putting everyone's tokens on the map, and I didn't find the best art for everyone. If you don't like the one you're seeing in this close-up, please link a replacement:

Eno

Second!

Eny

This is the Old Temple Square with what I believe to be your plan laid out in it. The buildings are all boarded up either due to dereliction or fear of the murders; you won't be able to set up inside of one unless you want to break in.

Orange squares are buildings, of course.

How's this look?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    This works for me.

Now we play the waiting game!

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Maybe Amelia should be up by Siobhan. Since we dont know where they will be coming from, the less alleys we occupy the less likely they happen to come up from behind us.

defplayr on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Can I use this pic for Septimus' token? (credit where credit is due)

fe1dman on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Done, fe1dman.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I may look for something a little more Calwyn-ish at some point, but that token will do fine for now.

shalmelo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If everyone chimes in by midnight I'll start it up tonight, else we'll go to the square tomorrow.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Keira would like to be in the front, please, to get a good view of Septimus and the attackers (and tactically, to protect the squishies behind me).

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I like Amelia's current position, since druids need to zip between melee and ranged all the time and she can get to septimus in one round.

Also that token you picked is pretty accurate. Kudos!

Stranger Danger on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Keira would like to be in the front, please, to get a good view of Septimus and the attackers (and tactically, to protect the squishies behind me).

Who you callin' squishy?

shalmelo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well, Soren is moderately squishy, and while you can dish it out you can't take it quite as well... I'm a Defender, I should have someone to Defend!

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My AC is decent, but I would rather be protected just in case! Esp. since my Fort and Ref aren't very good. I do have some super helpful powers though.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Update is going to be delayed until tomorrow on account of chaining hangovers.

Also, I don't know if any of you caught the discussion I was having with Tzeentchling in the 4e general thread, but if you end up looking at the new Draconomicon either through previews or the actual book itself, stay away from the section on Jalanvaloss, lest you spoil an upcoming surprise in this game.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My sincere apologies folks, it was a terrible weekend and I'm still trying to sort things out.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It's ok. I made my IC post to poke fun (it's what she would do), but I figured you had a good reason - hope things shape up for you soon! I can take it down if it helps the flow of the narrative.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    An update folks: literally five minutes after posting here, I managed to slice my head open on the door of an entertainment cabinet. I'm okay now, but there's been a cascading effect with my sleep disorder that's made me relatively useless for the past few days.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yikes! Hope it doesn't scar. Try watching a Ben Affleck movie, that always works for me.

fe1dman on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hello, my name is Soren Nandar, and I am here to murder some zombies.

I hope you're alive ari!

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I think the suggestion of Ben Affleck movies as a sleep aid has left Arivia comatose!

defplayr on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    We miss you Arivia! Why hast thou forsaken us?!

tzeentchling on