As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] What A Long, Strange Chat it's Been

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    The change will be reverted. Furthermore, the next time you see Samwise in public, he'll be sporting a black eye with flimsy explanations.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's true. Pengu is the one that clubs baby seals.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I can confirm that int still helps tremendously when raising weapon skills, at least as of a couple months ago. From personal testing, going from ~45 to 2-300 int increases the rate at which you increase weapon skills by 500% or more.

Smasher on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I still laugh thinking about Bronjahm, the godfather of souls
    I hope he summons ghouls with a cry of "GET ON UP"

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I see a Naxx 25 Kt/Sapph only pug, and I think, hey awesome, a chance to get Turning Tide, replace this shitty Firesoul.

And then Turning Tide drops!

And then the RL gives it to a DK, 'because he rolled highest.'

:x

Sepah on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sepah wrote: »
    So I see a Naxx 25 Kt/Sapph only pug, and I think, hey awesome, a chance to get Turning Tide, replace this shitty Firesoul.

D:

(This would fit well in the HHH thread under "Seething Hate")

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

....what the hell is the DK going to do with it?
    Did you whisper him saying you'll give him x amount of gold above what he'd get for vendoring it?
    Or did he roll it for a guildie?

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
    edited October 2009
    No, he was apparently completely serious about using it.

Its one of those things that makes you want to start hunting people to cull out the stupid.

Sepah on
    edited October 2009
    Its one of those things that makes you want to start hunting people to cull out the stupid.

Start?
    Related on the stupid hunting thing, but not a seething rage that would out burn that of a million suns:
    Pug ToC Heroic on my mage. I'm in org doing auctions and what not, and I see "summons inc." in chat. Cool, I go to the mailbox to pick up my shit and still see nothing. Eventually I get a summon, after a few questions asked and a general crazy concern over where these "STICKS I NEED TO MOUNT", are located.
    We get inside, clear the mount stuff, and about to engage the 3 dudes. Tank pulls dudes and they bug.
    5 minutes later (Tank went afk or outside or ???), we try part 2. Tank says focus down skull, so we do. Ret pally dies in whirlwind after a bit, and then I notice that the lock isn't on skull.
    We wipe.
    Tank ragequits, group falls apart.
    Walk outside, about to teleport back to org and finish auctions when I see "LFdps for H ToC last boss."
    Figure I'd join and just get the one badge I need and last boss has most of the loot I want anyways.
    Walk in, accept the save and wait for everyone else to come in.
    Healer is apparently saved but didn't realize it. (Reset was 3 hours ago)
    So now I'm saved to this group, and I tell tank to put us in lfg.

He doesn't know how.
    So after that I logged off, because that's too much stupid in too little of time.

Radiation on
    edited October 2009
    Radiation wrote: »

Start?
    Related on the stupid hunting thing, but not a seething rage that would out burn that of a million suns:
    Pug ToC Heroic on my mage. I'm in org doing auctions and what not, and I see "summons inc." in chat. Cool, I go to the mailbox to pick up my shit and still see nothing. Eventually I get a summon, after a few questions asked and a general crazy concern over where these "STICKS I NEED TO MOUNT", are located.
    We get inside, clear the mount stuff, and about to engage the 3 dudes. Tank pulls dudes and they bug.
    5 minutes later (Tank went afk or outside or ???), we try part 2. Tank says focus down skull, so we do. Ret pally dies in whirlwind after a bit, and then I notice that the lock isn't on skull.
    We wipe.
    Tank ragequits, group falls apart.
    Walk outside, about to teleport back to org and finish auctions when I see "LFdps for H ToC last boss."
    Figure I'd join and just get the one badge I need and last boss has most of the loot I want anyways.
    Walk in, accept the save and wait for everyone else to come in.
    Healer is apparently saved but didn't realize it. (Reset was 3 hours ago)
    So now I'm saved to this group, and I tell tank to put us in lfg.

He doesn't know how.
    So after that I logged off, because that's too much stupid in too little of time.

Pugs are like the root of all evil.

Sepah on
  • Fatgoat87Fatgoat87 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ^ Especialy when a level 80 asks you where violet hold is.

Fatgoat87 on
    edited October 2009
    I pug alot. Not on during normal hours, have a few friends that I like to run with, but I mostly pug. Usually dont have too terrible of an experience.

Although this could also be that I'm most likely tanking said heroics, and I'm able to overlook dps's stupidity.

Radiation on
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    FFFFF... Didn't see this coming, to be honest:

spoiler of epic proportions regarding Arthas' new best friend

GPIA7R on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Really? You didn't see that coming?

reVerse on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Fist weapons use unarmed skill.

It's not uncommon to have 399/400 in a weapon skill for ages, it takes forever to get that last %@*!ing point.

We did a Zul'Aman run for the lulz a while back. I got my Jin'Rohk from the bank just for the hell of it. I had 399/400 at the start and didn't get 400 until on Malacrass.

Echo on
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    reVerse wrote: »
    Really? You didn't see that coming?

I've been generally uninvolved with what's been going on with Arthas. I knew he would be explained soon, but didn't know we'd be fighting him

GPIA7R on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Beezel wrote: »
    I still laugh thinking about Bronjahm, the godfather of souls
    I hope he summons ghouls with a cry of "GET ON UP"
    I hope he drops [Papa's Brand New Bag].

Halfmex on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    FFFFF... Didn't see this coming, to be honest:

spoiler of epic proportions regarding Arthas' new best friend

Ok, Saurfang is a FUCKING BOSS reading that exchange.

SAURFANG

SAURFANGGGG

Saurfang is a much better warchief than Garrosh Hell-crybaby

Arch on
    edited October 2009
    And reading the Alliance version, Muradin is awesome as well

Arch on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arch wrote: »
    And reading the Alliance version, Muradin is awesome as well

I didn't see the alliance version in that thread. can you link it?

edit: NM, saw it was linked on EJ

Nobody on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Blizzard does a horrible job of explaining to DKs that Spellpower isn't used when determining the damage from their spells. Everytime I see a DK running around in Spellpower gear I cringe a little.

Seg on
    edited October 2009
    Seg wrote: »

Blizzard does a horrible job of explaining to DKs that Spellpower isn't used when determining the damage from their spells. Everytime I see a DK running around in Spellpower gear I cringe a little.

I almost cried when I saw one riding the ZG tiger.

Nobody on
  • MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Honestly, I didn't see that coming either. Mostly because
    Bolvar died after LK left the Wrathgate. Still though, the Lich King being what he is, I suppose he could grab Bolvar's soul as it passed through to whatever the Warcraft afterlife is.

Also, fuck yeah Saurfang.
    Seg wrote: »

I've always figured that the fact that every single piece of gear in the Death Knight's personally tailored starting zone has melee stats was more than enough indication of what to look for.

Also, y'know, the fact that they're plate wearers who use 2-handed melee weapons and not staves, daggers, or shields.

Mars on
    edited October 2009
    re: spoilers
    The lich king has shown that he has the ability to raise the dead pretty much anywhere in Northrend, and has the ability to teleport. I don't doubt he had the ability to grab Bolvar and rez him in the Citadel.

On Saurfang
    I have this deep worry that the event that turns Garrosh around is going to be Saurfang's death in Icecrown, either because of the airship battle or when he encounters his son

Nobody on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I too have firesoul and won the Turning Tide from a holy paladin how claims I stole it even though it was on MAster Loot
    I have yet to win the Key from Sapph because I keep rolling it on 20 or less sigh

Brainleech on
    edited October 2009
    Nobody wrote: »
    re: spoilers
    The lich king has shown that he has the ability to raise the dead pretty much anywhere in Northrend, and has the ability to teleport. I don't doubt he had the ability to grab Bolvar and rez him in the Citadel.

On Saurfang
    I have this deep worry that the event that turns Garrosh around is going to be Saurfang's death in Icecrown, either because of the airship battle or when he encounters his son

I agree with the Saurfang spoiler and it makes me D:D:D:D:D:

Arch on
  • Elessar ElfstoneElessar Elfstone Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Those of you who have done all the Hallow's End achievements, how long did they take approximately? Were there any stupid random based ones (eg those damn Valentine Candies)? I'm just curious as its the last event for my Violet and I'm going out of town next Thursday night. Wanted to make sure I had enough time to do everything.

Elessar Elfstone on
    Tobias: Or it could be your colon. I'd want to get in there and find some answers.

Forsake, Warlock of Stonemaul
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Going trick or treating at every candy bucket is annoying.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Those of you who have done all the Hallow's End achievements, how long did they take approximately? Were there any stupid random based ones (eg those damn Valentine Candies)? I'm just curious as its the last event for my Violet and I'm going out of town next Thursday night. Wanted to make sure I had enough time to do everything.

The only chance-based ones are: Getting one mask in a treat bag, getting the pet and the helm and getting transformed by every kind of wand. That last part is probably easy if you have a big guild/pay money to randoms. Pet and helm can drop or come from treat bags.

/edit: Trick or Treating is annoying, but at least it's not random, just time consuming.

Grobian on
    edited October 2009
    I still have 3 random wands from last year with full charges. I should get a guildy to use them on me >.<

Lorahalo on
    edited October 2009
    I think the wands are BoP. Also the random wands don't count for the achievement.

Grobian on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I wonder how much HP Lich King will have.

If Alexstraza and her massive 150 million isn't confident in her ability to fight him, then man....

Also, why the fuck doesn't she just kill Malygos herself? Seriously bitch, what are you waiting for?

JustinSane07 on
    edited October 2009
    I seem to remember the sinister calling one (helm and pet) being the worst, though I also remember a lot of grumbling over the G.N.E.R.D. Rage achievement too (thought last time was before WG was around).

The Check Your Head Achievement can also be rough depending on server demographics.

Nobody on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So whenever you're in ICC you lose 1% health every 3 seconds? That in no way sounds incredibly annoying.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited October 2009
    Grobian wrote: »
    I think the wands are BoP. Also the random wands don't count for the achievement.

What!? Oh fuck.

Lorahalo on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What does the headless horseman usually drop? Epic plate helmet, some random crap (pets etc.) and epic rings?

reVerse on
    edited October 2009
    I know he never drops that mount. Oh no, NEVER.

Lorahalo on
    edited October 2009
    reVerse wrote: »
    What does the headless horseman usually drop? Epic plate helmet, some random crap (pets etc.) and epic rings?

The plate helmet, the mount and a sword are his rare drops. He always drops one of the rings. He can also drop a broom, the pet and the cloth helmet that are needed for the achievement.

Grobian on
    edited October 2009
    I'm looking forward to an updated headless horsemans helm as well as that sword. Still have both in the bank.
    That mount can go die in a fire.
    NEVER SAW THAT CRAP DROP!

Radiation on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I still have Hallow's Eve wands from four years ago. Yeah.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.