As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Transylvanian Madness- VILLAGE WINS

• Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The first vote for kime is allowed.

The 2-4th person to vote for him that seems to be pushing the Day 1 Kimewagon the hardest is the one that should die in his place.

Orange Soda on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ariva for voting for a relative newbie.

<3

dune

for:

a) almost leaving me alone to die in space beyond the red line
    b) coming back and being a toaster
    c) leaving me alone to die in space beyond the red line
    d) hugs and kisses, xoxo arivia

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The first vote for kime is allowed.

The 2-4th person to vote for him that seems to be pushing the Day 1 Kimewagon the hardest is the one that should die in his place.

I concur in the name of

K I M E

Egos on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    no no no no no.

You vote for Toxic day one.

Because he's evil.

lonelyahava on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    no no no no no.

Because he's evil.

I'm so confused....

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    no no no no no.

Because he's evil.

I'm so confused....

when you're confused you vote for B:L, but if Canada Waters rules are in play you have to move to Seven Sisters or Angel to cast a vote for Egos first.

edit: oh, JC's here. this should be fun, then.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    no no no no no.

Because he's evil.

Yes, it's true. I'm evil and to prove it, I will vote for myself.

Toxic Toys!

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    vote for Toxic, Loser. Do itttt.

He's evil.

lonelyahava on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    vote for Toxic, Loser. Do itttt.

He's evil.

I don't know if I've seen enough after school specials to fight off your peer pressure!!

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SkyCaptaiiiiiiiiiiin!

This is a grudge that will never die.

simonwolf on
  • SukiSuki Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Robos a go go!!! My grudge returns!

Suki on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't understand why all the fellow newbie phalla people have to grudge each other. Nobody really seemed to do anything grudgeworthy that game.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Feel free to put a grudge on SkyCaptain, instead!

He knows why.

simonwolf on
    edited September 2009
    I don't, however :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited September 2009
    Long story short: he is a terrible villager, and a very sore loser.

Getting rid of him quick = good times.

simonwolf on
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Simonwolf for being a sore winner

Delmain on
    edited September 2009
    I am inclined to believe you due to the moxie of your cowboy sparrow avatar. Plus, voting out B:L just seems like a bad idea.

SkyCaptain

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited September 2009
    Delmain wrote: »
    !Simonwolf for being a sore winner

kiss kiss kiss

simonwolf on
  • Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dunadan

Third vote some I'm totally evil right?

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Suki wrote: »

I don't even remember who you are!

You should get a more memorable username, like robos a go go. It's even fun to say!

Robos A Go Go on
    edited September 2009
    Suki wrote: »

I don't even remember who you are!

You should get a more memorable username, like robos a go go. It's even fun to say!

Or, failing that, a more memorable avatar! Having an avatar people easily distinguish is a solid move towards being remembered by people, and why you are grudging them.

cowboy sparrow, awayyyyyyy

simonwolf on
    edited September 2009
    So are role reveals looked down upon or not? On the hand I can see how they sort of break the game and reduce it to a mechanical exercise unless there are enough new elements to complicate things, but on the other hand I don't see how roles like Mason and Seer are of any use unless a public outing is involved.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Julius Caezure

Of the people that were around last night when advent posted that someone had requested the villager PM, Julius caezure is the most likely to have asked. Dac Vin is a close second.

and who asks for the vanillager role PM in the OP? thats right, Mafia.

I'm metagaming this bitch up! What now?

Dunadan019 on
    edited September 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Julius Caezure

Of the people that were around last night when advent posted that someone had requested the villager PM, Julius caezure is the most likely to have asked. Dac Vin is a close second.

Or a vig, mason, seer, whatever.

I could've used the vanillager pm in Phantastic Voyage, in which I was a heart thingy.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited September 2009
    So are role reveals looked down upon or not? On the hand I can see how they sort of break the game and reduce it to a mechanical exercise unless there are enough new elements to complicate things, but on the other hand I don't see how roles like Mason and Seer are of any use unless a public outing is involved.

Seers are incredibly useful, more so when they're not known to the public. Once a seer has confirmed a village-aligned person, they can then start forming a network of good guys who can cooperatively figure stuff out, propose theories, etc. Generally the seer will use someone else as a mouthpiece, who can then make public vote calls on behalf of the seer.

Vigilantes do benefit from revealing their role, the best way for them to do this is to kill someone, then declare the kill right after vote close (but before the narration). That way, if they survive the night, they effectively become confirmed as a village-aligned special, and can start forming a network/calling the vote from there.

In general, role revealing is frowned upon unless it is suitably epic, or will immensely benefit the village (as with the vigilante reveal described above). Don't reveal as an important character unless it can be confirmed somehow by the village, and you're certain there is a guard!

simonwolf on
    edited September 2009
    Is it usually the case that the guard's guard is insurmountable? cuz in some other phallas the combined efforts of the mafia might be able to overcome that protection.

Also, I still think revealing masons early is preferable to revealing vigs. Sure one mason ends up dying, but it's not like you don't expect that to happen in a phalla, and what other possible benefit does the mason role provide anyway?

Robos A Go Go on
    edited September 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Julius Caezure

Or a vig, mason, seer, whatever.

I could've used the vanillager pm in Phantastic Voyage, in which I was a heart thingy.

the only reason to know the vanillager role PM in most games is in order to fool someone that is calling for a role call and asking pointed questions about the information contained in the role PM.

for instance:
    1) Hey Robos, I'm just a vanillager.
    ok, but whats your name?
    vs
    2) Hey Robos, I'm Collander, a Peasant of Cornwood. Just a vanillager.
    ok, since the role PM isn't in the OP, I'll assume that you are just a vanillager for now.

one implies that you recieved the vanillager role PM while the other doesn't and if during a role call you have 5 people send you #2 and 1 person send you #1, who are you going to suspect is lying?

Dunadan019 on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You know, now that I think more about it, !simonwolf.

I feel like it's kind of unfair to grudge anybody from that game.

Ebfan on
    edited September 2009
    Ebfan wrote: »
    You know, now that I think more about it, !simonwolf.

I feel like it's kind of unfair to grudge anybody from that game.

<3

simonwolf on
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't understand why all the fellow newbie phalla people have to grudge each other. Nobody really seemed to do anything grudgeworthy that game.

I know, right? ehehehehehe.

Daypigeon on
    edited September 2009
    When was the vanillager PM posted and did anyone employ knowledge of the vannilager pm shortly after it was posted?

Robos A Go Go on
    edited September 2009
    When was the vanillager PM posted and did anyone employ knowledge of the vannilager pm shortly after it was posted?

noone did but thats not the point.... metagaming says that JC or DV are the most likely people to ask for such a thing to be posted and the only reason to ask is if you want to have a cover story for being evil.

Dunadan019 on
    edited September 2009
    What's the basis for regarding them as most likely? The fact that they only made one inane post that wasn't a vote then disappeared?

Robos A Go Go on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Actually, I lied: I can grudge someone for Phantastic Voyage:

!SkyCaptain

Ebfan on
    edited September 2009
    What's the basis for regarding them as most likely? The fact that they only made one inane post that wasn't a vote then disappeared?

no.... its metagaming. they are the people who I think would be most likely to do that based on past experience......

Dunadan019 on
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Since we now have people who are listed as reserves, now is as good a time as any to tell you about my tolerance for inactivity.

Namely, my INtolerance for it. I have a 'one strike and you're out' policy. You miss a vote, I replace you with the first person on my reserve list (Mr Defecation). If this seems stringent... well, I apologize ahead of time.

EDIT: Unless you PM me ahead of time with a good excuse (aka 'WAs busy with girlfriend', 'visiting someone at hospital', 'stuck working double-shifts')

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

!SkyCaptain

That's fine. Grudge me for doing the only fun thing I could in that phalla. Stupid, fucking retarded, and hidden vote mechanics are bullshit.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
    edited September 2009
    SkyCaptain wrote: »

!SkyCaptain

That's fine. Grudge me for doing the only fun thing I could in that phalla. Stupid, fucking retarded, and hidden vote mechanics are bullshit.

See everyone, this attitude is why voting him out is a super idea.

simonwolf on
    edited September 2009
    village ignores me and decides to vote for grudges?

and they wonder why I insult people.....

Dunadan019 on
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Et tu, Brutus

Julius Seizuremonkey if you didn't get the reference.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
This discussion has been closed.