As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If you could redo one moment in your life.

1235»

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    1.) Not fighting back against the large amount of bullies in my school. It cost me a good portion of my mental health and allowed me to discover the family tradition of bi-polar far to early in my life.

I would say high five but you know this isn't something I'm proud of (personally). This is my single biggest regret as some current day problems can be traced back to simple listening to what other people thought of me.

However since you all have regrets about networking in University I may have to go join a club now since I don't miss out.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Has Pony posted yet?

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Corlis wrote: »
    I'd have asked my mom to bump up my doctor's visit by a couple of weeks, before my OCD forced me into the psychological version of the Blue Screen Of Death for a couple of weeks. Maybe if things hadn't come to a head like that, then I'd have made better grades in high school math, been confident enough to try and get into Computer Science, made a few friends in university, gotten out of my parents house, etc.

God damn, what kind of doctor do you go to? When I need to see a doctor, I normally see them in a couple of days.
    Are people's healthcare REALLY that bad?

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I have a lot of options here. Maybe "Go to Digipen out of high school instead of the normal college like my parents advised." Or hell, just not going to a Jesuit university where I'd become agnostic like a year later.

At least two of the people I work with graduated from Digipen.

At the job I make 8.55 an hour, with a few shifts a month. :o

Psh, I make $12 an hour doing data entry after being laid off in January from a programming job I hated. A computer science degree is not so great when you increasingly are growing to hate computers.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I would have gone to a different college. Something where I could actually learn useful skills to get in to my chosen field instead of having to learn it all on my own. Fucking waste of five grand a year....

"Hey kids! Instead of being good at a couple things, why don't you be completely mediocre at everything? Totally awesome! Also, you go find your own (mandatory to graduate) work placements while scrambling to find anything worth putting in your portfolio, and we'll sit around and take credit for any success you might have!"

Broad skill set doesn't mean shit if some 14 year old with torrents, a tablet and some tutorials can do better. Fuck this place.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had an opportunity to hang out with my little brother one night.

I told him I wanted a night to myself.

He said he'd see me tomorrow, then.

So, he hung out with other friends instead and was introduced to a drug dealer... who then gave him enough methadone to kill a whale.

He died on that guy's couch around 1AM that next morning.

I wish I had done things different that night and always will.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, I'M done whining about college!

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just not get super duper black out drunk and wake up in jail the next day.

That's it really.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I would have signed up for credit for my internship last summer like I was apparently supposed to. Now I'm fucked. Excuse me while I go slit my own wrists.

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This thread is silly. But I'll play along.

I probably would have not touched alcohol that first year of school. I mean, I knew I liked it a bit too much and it fucked up the rest of my social life for the next four years (and after). I still managed high honors, but man was I a drunken asswipe.

I mean, I'd probably be well into a doctorate otherwise.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm of the belief that by going back and changing anything worth changing, I would not have many of the fine things that I enjoy in my life today (prime examples being my wife and daughter). Too many variables lined up just precisely so that I am now where I am today, and while my life isn't perfect there are some things I wouldn't risk losing.

There are some things that happen in our lives that are bad (or at least not good, at any rate) that shape us for the better. Sure I could take back losing my virginity to a 44 year old stripper when I was 16, but because of the events surrounding that I then probably wouldn't have gone out and gotten a job as quickly as I did, which landed me another job, which landed me another where I met my then-future wife.

CaptainPeacock on
    Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    virgilsammsvirgilsamms Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Scalfin wrote: »
    Has Pony posted yet?

Jesus Fucking Christ, Pony...

Oh wait, he hasn't yet...I'll leave it just in case.

virgilsamms on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    TehSpectre wrote: »

So, he hung out with other friends instead and was introduced to a drug dealer... who then gave him enough methadone to kill a whale.

D:

Rent on
  • Options
    Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Has Pony posted yet?

Fucking Pony...

All you emo cry babies will cower in fear at some of the shit Pony has done.

Evil_Reaver on
    XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Options
    EriosErios Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Has Pony posted yet?

Fucking Pony...

All you emo cry babies will cower in fear at some of the shit Pony has apparently done.

Fixed that for ya.

Erios on
    Steam: erios23, Live: Coconut Flavor, Origin: erios2386.
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Machismo wrote: »
    Corlis wrote: »
    I'd have asked my mom to bump up my doctor's visit by a couple of weeks, before my OCD forced me into the psychological version of the Blue Screen Of Death for a couple of weeks. Maybe if things hadn't come to a head like that, then I'd have made better grades in high school math, been confident enough to try and get into Computer Science, made a few friends in university, gotten out of my parents house, etc.

God damn, what kind of doctor do you go to? When I need to see a doctor, I normally see them in a couple of days.
    Are people's healthcare REALLY that bad?

I have severe hearing loss in my right ear, combined with a congested feeling and vertigo. I've had these symptoms for a month.

I won't get to see the ear doctor until October 26th.

Yes, my health care is REALLY that bad.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    4.) getting married. I got married to early and allowed that sham to go on far to long while she was cheating and lying to me the whole time...now we are divorced and due to a long story that probably won't make much sense...she has almost all of my things that I have had since childhood on including all my guitars.

I will never understand this, it's absolutely unfair

You must get your stuff back. Never let a woman take or sell your stuff.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rent wrote: »

D:

I don't understand this, why would the drug dealer give him so much? That's just plain god damn stupid

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rent wrote: »

D:

I don't understand this, why would the drug dealer give him so much? That's just plain god damn stupid
    He's been in jail (for other reasons) for stuff that makes him not allowed visitors.

We don't know and probably never will fully know what happened that night. =/

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    KastanjKastanj __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

I've been sitting here for two minutes trying to think of how to express myself. Condolences seem very insufficient.

Kastanj on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]