TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    oh cool Deftones might be coming out with new stuff this year too

this is coolay

Tav on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just bought L4D! Again! I knew holding out for the PC version would be a good idea. 15 dollars is a good deal.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    Greeper wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Greeper looks like Oscar Wilde?

No, Quizzy does.

I look like a stick.

Tube has an Oscar Wilde haircut.

Just throwing that out there.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yeah like 2 days after wilde was dead.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    fuck yeah whalecore

Tav on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    In need more t-shirts that don't have band names on them.

And an In Flames t-shirt.

I actually got to meet the guys after a concert, along with Dark Tranquillity. It was pretty rad.

Also one of the best moments of my life was being at the very front of the floor, up against the stage in a really small venue. Anders got all up in my face and during Episode 666 put the mic to my mouth to help scream "Chaos!"

When talking to them afterwards they were like "Yeah we noticed you knew all the lyrics." I have never been more proud to be all fanboyish. Also I got to have an actual conversation with them, not just like an autograph.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

:lol:

Greeper on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

Preacher. :^:

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    You know I liked the world better when people who listened to metal were too ashamed to ever admit it in anything resembling mixed company.

Like, they'd cop to having fursuits before admitting to listenting to metal.

That was a better world.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    You know I liked the world better when people who listened to metal were too ashamed to ever admit it in anything resembling mixed company.

That was a better world.

least they don't badmouth radiohead

TAV

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

That was a better world.

TAV
    I know a guy. All he listens to is death metal, hardcore stuff, and some glam. He also disses The Beatles whenever they are mentioned. Hate that kid.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

That was a better world.

We will be silent no more!

FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

That was a better world.

TAV

Does anyone really need to badmouth radiohead? I mean isn't their suck self explanatory?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

That was a better world.

The fursuits would hide their milk white flabby bodies, juxtaposed with pitch black shirts for shitty bands. And the greasy ponytails. Tell me more.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

That was a better world.

TAV
    I know a guy. All he listens to is death metal, hardcore stuff, and some glam. He also disses The Beatles whenever they are mentioned. Hate that kid.

Look I love corpse fuck paradise and the beatles suck more dick than john lennon.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    kid A had like one listenable song

that was it

everything after that was indulgent electronic noodling

Rust on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    See but the difference is that Kid A was good, and metal is just the fucking worst.

Things that are the worst:

1) music with the word "metal" in the genre name
    2) animation produced in Japan
    3) college sports
    4) square-toed shoes

I hope this clarifies some things for you fuckers.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man where's Medo when I want to shove This in her face? Ms. "Frivolous lawsuits are a myth".

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    See but the difference is that Kid A was good, and metal is just the fucking worst.

3) college sports
    4) square-toed shoes

as someone who regularly posts in the weeaboo thread, i have to respond to the second point by saying oh god who the hell am i kidding you're absolutely right

Rust on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    And I thought you were cool. :x

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

3) college sports
    4) square-toed shoes

Thanatos?

Is that you?

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Man where's Medo when I want to shove This in her face? Ms. "Frivolous lawsuits are a myth".

Probably prosecuting dudes for domestic assault/sexual assault you know nothing worth a damn!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

There are some people who provide a compelling case for a world where all the corners have been rounded, and preferably padded.

japan on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    But

Gwar is a metal band

Gwar is awesome

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

3) college sports
    4) square-toed shoes

Thanatos?

Is that you?

He would have added "corn" and "cops" and "dieting" and wouldn't have "square-toed shoes" because Thanatos hasn't seen his toes in fifteen years.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Heh, people here treat college sports with exactly the reverence they're worth. Except the rowers, they have their own jackets that they seem to wear all the time and everything. What a bunch of wankers.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    sooner or later the optimists in the health care thread have to break

if i have to wait ten freaking years before people come to terms with how badly we got screwed i am going to be very cross

Rust on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    But

Gwar is a metal band

Gwar is awesome

Yeah but not really. Like you might think that they're cool because they kind of make fun of metal bands, but really in the end they are on a stage playing metal music and for that reason they end up sucking.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Never trust parrots. Froot isn't the only lie they tell.

Dman on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well what kind of music do YOU like Irond?

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    But

Gwar is a metal band

Gwar is awesome

Yeah but not really. Like you might think that they're cool because they kind of make fun of metal bands, but really in the end they are on a stage playing metal music and for that reason they end up sucking.

No I like them because it's just so goddamn ridiculous

"I've got an idea. We'll start a band, right, but we'll all dress up as aliens and we'll make a bunch of concept albums about our adventures like I dunno taking over Hell or something"

Also the music isn't terrible

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009

That was a better world.

Did you know someone is making a movie titled Hesher? I'm crediting you.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I feel like the left out because I don't listen to metal or anything related to it anymore. Now when I was like 15 and thinking I was a bad ass maybe.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I feel like the left out because I don't listen to metal or anything related to it anymore. Now when I was like 15 and thinking I was a bad ass maybe.

I don't listen to metal either

Just Gwar

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I listen to metal less often now than I did when I was a teenager, but from time to time I still dig it.

And also metal concerts are pretty much the most fun concerts to go to.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    fun fact: 15% of Senators representing 10.8% of population killed the public option for everyone

if you take out the two from Texas and Florida the percent represented drops to 3.8%

Rust on
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I listen to more metal now than I did when I was 15, because I am now more of a bad ass.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Only Quid would make a silly thread about China with a silly video option.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    fun fact: 15% of Senators representing 10.8% of population killed the public option for everyone

if you take out the two from Texas and Florida the percent represented drops to 3.8%

They didn't kill it entirely you big ninny, no one expected shit to come out of this committee after the most recent bullshit.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I mean right now I'm pretty much listening to Keasbey Nights (the Catch 22 version) and Hello Rockview on repeat

With We Are The Union's full-length thrown in for variety every now and then

Man I love Keasbey Nights

Me Too! on
This discussion has been closed.