Options

[Chat] you Lucy

145791033

Posts

  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    fun fact: 15% of Senators representing 10.8% of population killed the public option for everyone

    if you take out the two from Texas and Florida the percent represented drops to 3.8%

    Republican ran house, senate and white house by 2012.

    Believe it.

    Ludious on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Rust wrote: »
    fun fact: 15% of Senators representing 10.8% of population killed the public option for everyone

    if you take out the two from Texas and Florida the percent represented drops to 3.8%

    They didn't kill it entirely you big ninny, no one expected shit to come out of this committee after the most recent bullshit.

    except moniker apparently

    Rust on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Wait, what? What's happened to the public option?

    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lud I'd bet you 100 dollars the pubs don't take the house by 2010.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That depends on when the bulk of the elections are

    Ludious on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Wait, what? What's happened to the public option?

    it's going

    going

    gone

    Rust on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    huff puff huff puff

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Wait, what? What's happened to the public option?

    Nothing. The amendments in the senate finance committee were shot down. But Nelson actually voted for Schumer's which was a surprise. It doesn't really matter anyways till the have to reconcile the Senate and House bill and then its the fight between who has bigger balls, Pelosi or Reid. And since Reid cut his off, the outcome seems to lean to Pelosi.

    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Of course you're aware none of this matters because the corporations run the country and "democrat" vs. "republican" is a false dichotomy right?

    It's just "corporations"

    Ludious on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh, good, I guess. I was worried something definitive had happened.

    Why do you say that, Lud?

    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Wait, what? What's happened to the public option?

    Shot down in the Finance committee. Might possibly be resurrected in reconciliation - who knows. I am honestly deeply puzzled by the fact that Bingaman voted against it - he was my senator for a long time, my brother worked for him, and I always took him to be a dependable soldier. I am also puzzled at Baucus' complete obstinance on the public option. Like, I could see it if it were a little thing sneaking under the radar but not such a huge issue. Continuing like he is in the face of OVERWHELMING opposition by Democrats and liberals just boggles me.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm the little voice that whispers in your ear and tells you to give up because it doesn't really matter

    Ludious on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Wait, what? What's happened to the public option?

    Shot down in the Finance committee. Might possibly be resurrected in reconciliation - who knows. I am honestly deeply puzzled by the fact that Bingaman voted against it - he was my senator for a long time, my brother worked for him, and I always took him to be a dependable soldier. I am also puzzled at Baucus' complete obstinance on the public option. Like, I could see it if it were a little thing sneaking under the radar but not such a huge issue. Continuing like he is in the face of OVERWHELMING opposition by Democrats and liberals just boggles me.

    that's how the democrats capitulate, by making up opposition

    that way they have an excuse to trot out in front of their constituency and still get campaign money from the bloated white assholes they really work for

    Rust on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm the little voice that whispers in your ear and tells you to give up because it doesn't really matter

    Just pray you never get a chronic condition, because then it will matter.

    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    huff puff huff puff

    Where is your avatar fatty?

    No avatar makes you a non-person.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm the little voice that whispers in your ear and tells you to give up because it doesn't really matter

    Just pray you never get a chronic condition, because then it will matter.

    Oh you don't understand. It's matters to individuals. It matters to people.

    It doesn't matter to "them". You give up because it doesn't matter to -them-.

    Ludious on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    See but the difference is that Kid A was good, and metal is just the fucking worst.

    Things that are the worst:

    1) music with the word "metal" in the genre name
    2) animation produced in Japan
    3) college sports
    4) square-toed shoes

    I hope this clarifies some things for you fuckers.

    in order to respond to the stupidity in this post, imma post whalecore all up ins

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC0dyy2Z-xk

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_eY70ju1tY&feature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2GK4xF26gc&feature=channel_page

    fap fap fap

    Tav on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm the little voice that whispers in your ear and tells you to give up because it doesn't really matter

    Just pray you never get a chronic condition, because then it will matter.

    Oh you don't understand. It's matters to individuals. It matters to people.

    It doesn't matter to "them". You give up because it doesn't matter to -them-.

    This Amurica...where I make them care with my 2nd amendment rights!


    God, that hurt to type.

    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    I dunno, Mazzy. That's sounding like a good idea.

    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    No one should listen to lud, he backed perot.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    But you won't make them care, whatever you do. Don't you understand that? Game over man. Game was over a long time ago. The good guys lost. It's just the corporations now. Even this new cigarette ban is just ultimately an exscuse to drive up demand for faltering product and "rebrand" it and sell it like hotcakes.

    Ludious on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm the little voice that whispers in your ear and tells you to give up because it doesn't really matter

    If you're any relation to the voice that tells me to burn things, can you tell him from me to shut up.

    Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2009
    Tav I can almost forgive the kind of ignorance that breeds Metal worship from Americans. After all, we produce the Camaro and read at a third grade level on average. You Irishes have no fucking excuse.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2009
    Watching the House season premier. Yeeeaah!

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    No one should listen to lud, he backed perot.

    I was like 9. Perot was just a crazy guy on TV with a voodoo stick.

    Ludious on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    this country's political system became divorced from its people a long time ago

    and with the rhetoric changes that praise anti-intellectualism and contain enough buzzwords to power a moderately sized city the whole process is broken beyond repair

    Rust on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    huff puff huff puff
    Where is your avatar fatty?

    No avatar makes you a non-person.
    I gave it away to a homeless person.

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Watching the House season premier. Yeeeaah!

    You are in for a treat Elki. It was one of the best things I have seen on TV for a long time.

    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    No one should listen to lud, he backed perot.

    I was like 9. Perot was just a crazy guy on TV with a voodoo stick.

    Show me on the doll where he touched you with this "voodoo stick".

    AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That's why I laughed at Hope and Change from the start. I remember when you guys where so high on hopium. It was funny then. Schadenfreude funny.

    It's just depressing now. But you can free yourself from the madness by learning not to care!!!

    Ludious on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    this country's political system became divorced from its people a long time ago

    and with the rhetoric changes that praise anti-intellectualism and contain enough buzzwords to power a moderately sized city the whole process is broken beyond repair

    The political system in the US was never really connected to the general public. It is one of those myths we like to perpetuate. And to tell the truth, I don't trust the US general public enough to read a book over 200 pages, let alone govern or vote people decent people to govern themselves.

    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Tav I can almost forgive the kind of ignorance that breeds Metal worship from Americans. After all, we produce the Camaro and read at a third grade level on average. You Irishes have no fucking excuse.

    Maybe it's because they're closer to Norway?

    LaOs on
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh man, I really love this Monkey Island deal. I paid $35 two months ago to download the first one, and now every month I get an e-mail with "Oh boy! New episode of Monkey Island! And you don't have to pay any more money for it you just download it!"

    It's like getting a free surprise gift every month even though I paid for it all upfront.

    AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Rust wrote: »
    this country's political system became divorced from its people a long time ago

    and with the rhetoric changes that praise anti-intellectualism and contain enough buzzwords to power a moderately sized city the whole process is broken beyond repair

    The political system in the US was never really connected to the general public. It is one of those myths we like to perpetuate. And to tell the truth, I don't trust the US general public enough to read a book over 200 pages, let alone govern or vote people decent people to govern themselves.

    the steady (and deliberate) destruction of our educational system is partly to blame for that

    people don't become stupid in a vacuum, the people in power work hard to keep up this atmosphere of ignorance

    and it just results in half the country constantly being at war with the other half while the people responsible lock themselves safely away

    Rust on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    You're such a revolutionary, Lud. Teach me more of this magical "sin-sizum"

    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hmmm...Jimmy Eat World just came up on the internet radio I am listening to. Its been like since my sophomore year of college since I have heard them.

    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have two episodes to play AJ. But I have too much momentum built up on LOTRO. I'll play em on Thanksgiving vacation in November when I have a third and fourth to go with it. I will be on vacation for 9 days or so and that's probably enough time to get through all 4 episodes I've saved up.

    Ludious on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    You're such a revolutionary, Lud. Teach me more of this magical "sin-sizum"

    He's a white boy betting on things to fail, the lowest of the low.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    You're such a revolutionary, Lud. Teach me more of this magical "sin-sizum"

    He's a white boy betting on things to fail, the lowest of the low.

    Oh please. You act as if it isn't true.

    Ludious on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    huff puff huff puff
    Where is your avatar fatty?

    No avatar makes you a non-person.
    I gave it away to a homeless person.

    Yeah well at least he's a homeless person now.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.