As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo 3 ODST - FyreWulff: Bad at games? Discuss

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    joshgotro wrote: »

Holy balls. Do you have a film?

hah, pun

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »

Holy balls. Do you have a film?

hah, pun

I'll save it tonight.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm gonna do things of the matchmaking origin now, let me know if anyone is interested.

T4CT on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Trying to solo Cortana on Legendary since I've only done that in Co-op.

Fffffffffuuuck those pure form wall clinging needle shooting fuckers.

Arrath on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Finally played with Bogey today again.

snip

epic 4 year gap
    Hahaha! It was really great playing with The Bees again!

I don't know if you heard, but I suffered the Red Ring of Death in the middle of a match that night. I have since borrowed a friend's 360, so hopefully I'll be on again soon! :)

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That sucks! at least you could borrow one

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bogey wrote: »
    Finally played with Bogey today again.

snip

epic 4 year gap
    Hahaha! It was really great playing with The Bees again!

I don't know if you heard, but I suffered the Red Ring of Death in the middle of a match that night. I have since borrowed a friend's 360, so hopefully I'll be on again soon! :)

Lucky bastid!

All I've wanted to do is Play 360/ODST buy you know. :|

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arrath wrote: »

Brute Shots are your friend. Knock em off with one shot, then go in with an Energy Sword.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Brute Shots are your friend. Knock em off with one shot, then go in with an Energy Sword.

if they're stunned(recently knocked off a wall or closed up)/changing form they go down in one melee regardless of what you've got equipped, even on legendary.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    T4CT wrote: »
    I'm gonna do things of the matchmaking origin now, let me know if anyone is interested.

Hey, wait, you need your EOD helmet.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

if they're stunned(recently knocked off a wall or closed up)/changing form they go down in one melee regardless of what you've got equipped, even on legendary.

I'll keep my eyes open for some more brute shots, they've been rare so far.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

I really do. Let me clean up my place and then I'll be online. 15 minutes, give or take.

Arrath: The best thing I've always found to deal with sniper pure forms is plasma pistols. I always keep one as my secondary because if you fire it in bursts, it mows them down.

T4CT on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

I really do. Let me clean up my place and then I'll be online. 15 minutes, give or take.

Arrath: The best thing I've always found to deal with sniper pure forms is plasma pistols. I always keep one as my secondary because if you fire it in bursts, it mows them down.

Just toss me an invite whenever you're set.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Are we talking about MP?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I dunno what you were talking about, but I do know that Mechanical Wolf just helped me knock Arrival/Sierra 117, and Crow's Nest off my Legendary to-do list. Still have to do everything else except for Halo, so if anyone wants to do some original Halo 3 co-op tonight let me know and we could maybe knock off one of those.

Until then I'm going to be reading lore because I'm super bored and burned out on trying to get Geometry Wars Achievements.

T4CT on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm up for some Halo 3 co-op. DeltaAssault1's my gamertag.

And oh man, my Halo ODST disc is somehow unreadable now. Probably the same disc error a bunch of people have been getting. Well, guess I'll go trade it in tomorrow and get Borderlands. Still sucks though.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Anyone up for some firefight tonight?

GT is Suburbanjawa if anyone is interested.

Jawa on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If anyone's up for doing 200,000 on Last Exit, hit me up. I'll be on around 7pm eastern. (wednesday)

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I know this isnt really on topic, but since you guys all use XBox headsets a lot, I figured this may be the best spot for some suggestions.

I stepped on my stupid headset, and snapped it right above the earpiece. Super glue made it to brittle, and it snapped off again the instant I tried to put it on. Tape has worked - but it bends at the break point now, so it's loose against my ear. There's no pressure to keep it in place anymore, so it just kinda rests on my ear, moves around, and makes everything quiet.

Any suggestions? Since the actual headset and mic still work I'd rather not spend another $20 - I just am trying to figure out a good way to either get it back so it puts a little pressure on my ear, or even see if I can attach the headset/mic to something else entirely (a headband, hah). Any suggestions?

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Usually I fixed mine with hot glue, since it molds itself to the shape and provides structure. You can never get back the original 'tension' though.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Polystyrene cement may work depending on the plastic/coating, it works by melting the plastic together giving you a really solid bond. Especially if you add some serations on the surface.

Leitner on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd get a wireless headset, instead of putting up with a repaired wired one, if you can find one for cheap. Reliable, well made and wireless.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Blurbl wrote: »
    I'd get a wireless headset, instead of putting up with a repaired wired one, if you can find one for cheap. Reliable, well made and wireless.

Yeah. Thats what I'd love to do, but Best Buy still insists at selling the two copies it has left - which it has had for fucking ever - of EndWar bundled with the wireless for $90.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    244 EXP until

~ * 5000 EXP * ~

Can I hit it before our fifth year anniversay?
    fuck no
    but I can finally retire!
    And then my Xbox will tragically die one day from retirement!

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Looking at the firefight leaderboards on halocharts, I find this guy:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/gamehistoryodst.aspx?player=synki

Almost everyone in the top 100 for firefight scores did it on Lost Platoon, but stuck in at #20 is this badass who got 5 million points on chasm ten legendary, all by himself. Dude must be one hell of a badass.

Looks like bungie.net choked on uploading his 5 million point game (can't view it) but he has several 1 million point games on the same map, heatmap shows he just camped out near the right turret the whole time. I can't imagine how he survived drone spawns all by himself.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nice.

Also, Firefight! Let's start in about.. say, 30 minutes? I need some 200k achievements, damnit.

gt: FyreWulff Rex. Send a message if you're not on my FL and I'll invite you.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Woo, Halo 3 Legendary finished. Cortana was the bitchiest part, any segment with Sniper Jackals was trial and error, and thank god I already had Tsavo Highway and Ark completed. Halo turned out easier than I expected, I didn't know the flood eventually stopped coming, so once I found that out I just stood back and took pot shots to lure them into the Arbiter's sword.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    On now for Firefight. Going for 200k on Last Exit, Chasm Ten and Crater.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well, I ended up soling Crater. Of course, right when I hit 192,000 or so, they send a wave of Hunters/Camo Brutes/Brutes/Buggers :3

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, I ended up soling Crater. Of course, right when I hit 192,000 or so, they send a wave of Hunters/Camo Brutes/Brutes/Buggers :3

drones + anything is just about the worst combo out there.

I can handle all drones.

I can handle all hunters. Or all camo. Or all whatever. But drones + camo? Man, fuck that, I might as well pucker up and put my head between my knees.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh, and I also forgot to mention that there was also a jackal sniper in the far back. You know, the one you can only get if you're halfway across the map.

I spent about 10 minutes luring the hunter to each side of the doors, hoping that I wouldn't back into the wall and have him hammer me into oblivion.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh, and just so you know, it's all in the camera angles, because according to a Bungie employee, ODSTs do in fact move slower than Spartans while holding a turret.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Blurbl wrote: »

I got a Messenger Kit. Makes the controller more comfortable, comes with a new headset, and has a standard 2.5mm jack in case the latter ever needs replacing.

But a cheaper fix could be to pick up a cheap generic phone headset on clearance, cut the wires, and connect them either the fancy way that takes a soldering gun or the quick and dirty way that takes two 15 cent crimp-on, heat-shrink wire connectors.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cell phone headsets work out of the box with the Xbox controller.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cell phone headsets work out of the box with the Xbox controller.

Do they? Awesome. I've seen headsets clearing out for like $2 that are built far better than the first-party kits.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, although the cheapest ones usually can't be muted inline.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Last night, myself, Jawa, and Gish played a couple rounds of Firefight in Chasm 10.

We ran into a wall consisting of a single hunter being followed by two (TWO!) engineers, each of which was healing the other and the hunter. The only weapons we could find on the ground were Plasma Rifles and Needlers. Things did not end well.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bursar wrote: »
    Last night, myself, Jawa, and Gish played a couple rounds of Firefight in Chasm 10.

We ran into a wall consisting of a single hunter being followed by two (TWO!) engineers, each of which was healing the other and the hunter. The only weapons we could find on the ground were Plasma Rifles and Needlers. Things did not end well.

The Needler didn't instantly kill the engineer?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well with 2 engineers they feed off each other, which really sucks

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.