As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Co-op for the PS3

MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Yup, what the thread title says.

What games can I get to my Ps3 for a buddy and me to play over a couple of beers. So far we've already gone through RE5 and the Halos on his xbox. Since I just got my Ps3 I think it's time to repay the favor.

So far I'm thinking Trine and Resistance 1 and 2.
Are there any more? And are the Resistance games any good? I played the demo and it felt kinda clunky and unpolished somehow.

Movitz on

• Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Army of Two
    Rainbow 6 Vegas (1+2)

iMatt on
  • Options
    eternalbleternalbl Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I played the resistance demo from PSN when I first got my PS3 and thought it was really lame, then I got the full game last summer cheap and I enjoyed it a lot.

eternalbl on
    eternalbl.png
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    R1 is good, R2 co-op needs more than 2 people. Uncharted 2 comes out soon, Borderlands, Modern Warfare 2.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Both the resistance games are pretty cheap by now. I'll probably pick them up. Is there campaign Co-op in both of them? I remember there was something weird about the second one.

And Co-op in Rainbow 6? How does that even work? You both have an AI buddy to control?

[Edit] Got my answer on the R2 thing. And another 3 great tips.

Movitz on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    pixeljunk monsters and pixeljunk eden are fantastic

edit: and littlebigplanet's local multiplayer is a riot

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is Uncharted actually co-op, or does it just have multiplayer? Like a co-op campaign?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    uncharted has no multiplayer. uncharted 2's co-op is i believe a couple of non-campaign-based modes

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've barely played pixeljunk Monsters by myself, but me and my roommate played through all of it on co-op and had a blast. We just finished Encore last night actually. Pixeljunk Eden can also be fun on co-op, but I found that if both players aren't on the same page skill-wise it can quickly become frustrating.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    iMatt wrote: »
    Army of Two

Fist-pound, bro. Totally what I was thinking when I saw "co-op + beers" - although it's available on the 360 as well.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    Cptn PantsCptn Pants Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Does Killzone 2 have co-op? I can't remember, but it's a great game either way.

Cptn Pants on
  • Options
    phoxphyrephoxphyre Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    While these aren't co-op games, they are games that my fiance has played *straight-through* with a friend. The guys took turns, and both had a blast. To the extent that neither game was picked up without the other there :)

~ Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (a superb game that is cheap now because it's gone Platinum!)
    ~ Batman: Arkham Asylum

I'm seconding Little Big Planet. That thing is a blast!

phoxphyre on
    Remember the Slug; They have all the disadvantages of Snails, but without the benefit of home-ownership...
  • Options
    tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'll also throw down a vote for LBP.
    It's a hoot to play with people you know. Sometimes it's not really "productive" (in the sense of completing the game), but that's from my own experience spending hours dragging my friend off cliffs and laughing at costumes.

tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I loved LBP, but now that there's a demo I would recommend getting that first and seeing if you AND your friend like it. Me and my college friend loved playing co-op online on LBP (we live far from each other now). However, my current roommates couldn't give two shits about the game. Different strokes...

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    LBP. You can do local co-op in create mode. It's so much fun.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Unfortunately the PS3 is really, really lacking in good local co-op games. Resistance 1 is good because it has story co-op. Resistance 2 has some mission based co-op which makes you play online. You can try it just you two but you'll get stomped every time.

The only games my buddy and I play co-op locally with each other is LBP and Pixeljunk Monsters.

urahonky on