As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii 4.3 Update out, just removes homebrew

12345679»

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Riokenn wrote: »
    I really hope the new Sin and Punishment game doesn't install the update for me. :/

Also what about using the shop channel? Can't use that till you updated it.

If you're using preloader/priiloader (like you should be), disc-based updates aren't a concern.

As for the Shop Channel, that can easily be updated without touching the firmware.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Vegan wrote: »
    I really hope the new Sin and Punishment game doesn't install the update for me. :/

If you're using preloader/priiloader (like you should be), disc-based updates aren't a concern.

As for the Shop Channel, that can easily be updated without touching the firmware.

Doesn't the shop channel force you to download the latest firmware?

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Yes, but you can use a wii shop updater program that just gets the files the shop channel needs without updating the system menu.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    agoaj wrote: »

Yes, but you can use a wii shop updater program that just gets the files the shop channel needs without updating the system menu.

And how do I do that? I don't wanna DL any Homebrew things that makes the wii shop channel work without the update. (unless homebrew makes an update that works with the recent wii update) I don't want to compromise my Club Nintendo account after all.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    agoaj wrote: »

And how do I do that? I don't wanna DL any Homebrew things that makes the wii shop channel work without the update. (unless homebrew makes an update that works with the recent wii update) I don't want to compromise my Club Nintendo account after all.

Why not just install the update?

Sir Carcass on