GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sweet, Ted Nugent cameo.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have Farenheit on Metaboli but never got round to playing it. Honestly Heavy Rain looks pretty boring to me but I'll give it's predecessor a shot and see.

but heavy rain has boobies

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    what kind of conditioner does Jesus use

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    my hair is so horrible

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i love indigo prophecy for reasons i don't fully understand

it scratches an itch for me even if the story does go off the rails

satansfingers on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Projeck wrote: »
    indigo proph/fahrenheit was a lot of fun but it kinda drops off at the end

'kind of drops off at the end' is grossly underselling just how much of a unilateral mindfuck the final act is.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Has Jesus evolved in to SuperJesus?

Does the crucifixion-stone cause this evolution?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Oh, shits, is it The Christmas in September already?

I didn't catch that.

Good one.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i love indigo prophecy for reasons i don't fully understand

it scratches an itch for me even if the story does go off the rails

The atmosphere was incredible

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have Farenheit on Metaboli but never got round to playing it. Honestly Heavy Rain looks pretty boring to me but I'll give it's predecessor a shot and see.

Everything up until the end is neat
    then it's like what the fuck where did all these Matrix wall-runs and alien robot computer programs come from?!

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

It's.. okay.

One of the issues I have with it is the conversation system where you HAVE TO SELECT AN OPTION SOON OR ELSE OH MY GOD IT'S TICKING DOWN.

But most of the options are like... 'ask about X instead of Y' and then you can ask about Y anyways.

I'm about a fifth of the way through it, and it -is- pretty neat. Plus the intro sequence was quite fun.

I am very much looking forward to Heavy Rain, though.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well you have plenty of time to select an option, so I don't see why that's an issue.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well you have plenty of time to select an option, so I don't see why that's an issue.

Because it's kind of silly to give you a timer if A) you have lots of time to select an option and B) it ends up being a pointless choice anyways? Either make it a short timer and a meaningful choice, or don't bother, if you ask me.

And reading up on this Gyromancer game, it does seem pretty neat. Though I'm terrible at puzzle-based RPGs, as evidenced by my failures in Puzzle Quest.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Defender wrote: »
    Just for one game? I mean Heavy Rain looks cool and all but the PS3 has a chunk of awesome exclusives, not to mention that, being the better system and no longer being grossly overpriced, it's gonna start having better ports. Apparently, starting with Ninja Gaiden 2 --> Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

From what I've read I can't understand what the hype over heavy rain is all about... I've gathered from what I've read in interviews and such is that gameplay based on quicktime events (oh boy), a unique control scheme (in my book not a good sign, when the hell is wrong with move left analog, camera right analog) and that people's hair looks very nice.

Also, a sophisticated interactive thriller plot including adult themes such as serial killers, stripping, drug use, and... I don't know man, it seems like the creator is being really elusive about specifics to try and get people interested but so far it sounds like... like something that has very high chances of being not good.

That said, I am interested in seeing what this game turns out to be. So maybe the marketing so far is working.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The Heavy Rain they showed at PAX was mind blowing. But it's so deep into the uncanny valley that it can't see the sun anymore.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am mildly interested in heavy rain

I should probably be more interested in it, since dialog trees are all I want in any game that isn't about beating guys about the face

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This is pretty funny

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    Nice, it looks like a Puzzle Quest that doesn't suck.

Puzzle Quest was all kinds of great, but this looks really really interesting. I mean, it is bejewelled RPG and you really don't need anything after that.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    a unique control scheme (in my book not a good sign, when the hell is wrong with move left analog, camera right analog)

What?

So, every game should control the same?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    this was a great comic

#pipe on
  • Options
    UnreadableHulkUnreadableHulk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I LOLed. So hard.

Man I was not excited about this game after reading about it on Kotaku but watching that trailer I am seriously intrigued. I was worried it would be Bejeweled with dragons, but it looks like a story/character heavy RPG that just so happens to have a Bejeweled puzzle as the battle mechanic. That I can definitely get behind.

UnreadableHulk on
This discussion has been closed.