As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] Antarctic Research Station - GAME OVER - FLAWLESS MAFIA VICTORY

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    This is totally not a fluff post to increase my count.

Neither is this. It's just me complaining about having to work again tonight.

Fluffing is hard work, eh?

No. Fluffing is eating Oreo filling.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh hey whoops! I screwed up! It happens sometimes. I've been busy as hell trying to get my car working again so I can get to my job, and instead of hawking the game to check for low posters, I defaulted my power to me, just in case I couldn't back. And I couldn't. Whoops, sorry everyone. Hopefully the village doesn't lose tonight so the remaining villagers (if there are any) have time to actually vote out a mafia member.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Quit being a terrible mafioso.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Hey, check back any recent game where I claimed to be village aligned in the game thread. Guess what? I was never lying. And I'm not this time.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    kuhlmeye wrote: »

Hey, check back any recent game where I claimed to be village aligned in the game thread. Guess what? I was never lying. And I'm not this time.

Behind Door #1 we have: terrible mafioso.
    Behind Door #2 we have: shitty "village special" who doesn't even help out their teamtes.

Lets see what we win tonight.

[tiny]P.S. I've not been evil a single game, unless converted.
    P.S.S. Statements like this hold zero weight as every game is a new game.[/tiny]

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

P.S.S. Statements like this hold zero weight as every game is a new game.

This would be true if I was presenting evidence based on the past roles I've had. I'm presenting evidence based on my playstyle, which a completely different thing. Logic fail.

Also, I'm admitting I've performed poorly as a village special.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hugh Laurie is in Monsters vs. Aliens. Therefore, I am forced to conclude that Kuhlmeye is evil.

Now, I shall watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and see what insights I can glean from it.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hugh Laurie is in Monsters vs. Aliens. Therefore, I am forced to conclude that Kuhlmeye is evil.

Now, I shall watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and see what insights I can glean from it.

Don't watch that movie, as it was terrible.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I am forced to agree with the mafia here.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

It had its moments. Three of them, to be specific.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

P.S.S. Statements like this hold zero weight as every game is a new game.

This would be true if I was presenting evidence based on the past roles I've had. I'm presenting evidence based on my playstyle, which a completely different thing. Logic fail.

Also, I'm admitting I've performed poorly as a village special.

I'm not sure poor performance covers it.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If anyone tries last minute vote manipulation again in the last couple hours tonight I will punch them through the internets.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i feel really bad voting you out kuhl. just dont see a smart alternative, thats all.

psolms on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If anyone tries last minute vote manipulation again in the last couple hours tonight I will punch them through the internets.

This.
    This post was padding.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I better keep up the exercise to counter this fluff gain.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Man, why didn't you guys post a few minutes earlier? That movie was total and utter shit. The only good thing about it was Ryan Reynolds.

Ugh.

Houn on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Man, why didn't you guys post a few minutes earlier? That movie was total and utter shit. The only good thing about it was Ryan Reynolds.

Ugh.

The only reason they made that movie was to set up a Deadpool movie. Which promises to be awesome.

Edit
    They actually made it to suck money out of Hugh Jackman. Just in case you live under a rock.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I could conceivably watch a Deadpool movie. But, I have a bit of a man-crush on Ryan Reynolds anyway.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Deadpool is always awesome.
    Except in the Wolverine movie.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Deadpool was in the wolvering movie?

Anyhow, still not sure on kuhlmeye. On one hand, he hasn't proven his power as a janitor and/or if there actually is some kind of mechanic on cold. On the other hand, I've seen my share of village specials blundering their ways and getting bandwagoned over it. Plus we haven't hit any bad guys yet, and losing yet another special right now would be absolutely devastating.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Spectrum

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Votes for the host are not valid in this game.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh great. Now the dead get to vote.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh great. Now the dead get to vote.
    Time to get out the shotguns.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, is anyone else thinking we don't have 5 aliens running around as the mafia?

Maybe it's just wishful thinking because if we do then we're probably fucked.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I still think it's a possibility that if that inactivity/hypothermia mechanic is close to what's been speculated, there may not BE a Mafia.

But I am a font of all things terrible, so take that with a pinch of salt.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    We could always learn to summon demons, of unlock our persona, and fight back.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    I still think it's a possibility that if that inactivity/hypothermia mechanic is close to what's been speculated, there may not BE a Mafia.

But I am a font of all things terrible, so take that with a pinch of salt.

I was actually thinking this for a while, but Spec did say this was a medium mechanics game. I'm guessing it's more likely that the mafia just isn't what we think it is. Hopefully this would mean we'd also have fewer than 5, and with all the deaths on the first day this would make sense.

Unfortunately I'm lacking any amazing ideas as to what the mafia would be. The company trying to cover it up? People gone insane? It could very well be some sort of monster, I'm just kinda doubting that it's the five little ones.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I suppose that five mafia does make sense - five ice cages in the original narration, 20% of 25 is 5, five kills on the first real night...

It's also possible that the five creatures are responsible for taking over whoever ended up as the SK with the knives and icicles, and the only other deaths are inactivity/hypothermia related.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Houn, but I am incredibly suspicious of V_W too. Other than persecute a village special who played badly, they have posted nothing but bullshit fluff posts the entire day. As mafia members, it would be pretty easy to lead the village at large around when one of their own plays badly. Dunedainjedi

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Stupid paste, that extra dunedainjedi on the end should not be there.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    We had our arguments yesterday. Are we supposed to rehash them for those not paying attention?

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's also possible that the five creatures are responsible for taking over whoever ended up as the SK with the knives and icicles, and the only other deaths are inactivity/hypothermia related.

I think this stretches the bounds of plausibility just a bit too far.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I didn't say it was probable, I said it was possible.

Someone should run a game with external kills and no mafia sometime. It could be interesting, if experimental.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Someone should run a game with external kills and no mafia sometime. It could be interesting, if experimental.

What would the village objective be, then?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    One hour to vote close.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well Kuhl seems to be in the lead, and I'm okay with that. If he really is the janitor, he only has himself to blame for not putting forth the minimal amount of effort it would have taken to prove himself.

Since Kuhl seems to be comfortably in 1st place, I'll throw a vote on !B:L. Between him and OS, I think if either of the two are actually mafia using their grudge to hide, or as a distraction, it's probably him.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

To produce a torrent of paranoid supposition for the host to giggle at.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Houn, but I am incredibly suspicious of V_W too. Other than persecute a village special who played badly, they have posted nothing but bullshit fluff posts the entire day. As mafia members, it would be pretty easy to lead the village at large around when one of their own plays badly. Dunedainjedi

...why IS there an extra Dunedain?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

To produce a torrent of paranoid supposition for the host to giggle at.

unfortunately, this would probably fall under the realm of 'joke games'

psolms on
This discussion has been closed.