Options

ITT: Condom Sex vs. No-Condom Sex

1235725

Posts

  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jwalk wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    oh i'm sorry i didn't know what the word 'limit' meant
    Clearly you do not.
    The Basic Speed Law, CVC 22350, states:"No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property."
    IIRC the the speed limit is the greatest speed one should be going if there are no weather or traffic conditions limiting driving capabilities, so...

    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    My dad told me around here you can go like 15 mph above the limit or something and be fine

    He was a cop for like 32 years
    That's on the enforcement side of the law.

    We're talking, as far as I can tell, about the laws before enforcement.

    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    My dad told me around here you can go like 15 mph above the limit or something and be fine

    He was a cop for like 32 years
    That's on the enforcement side of the law.

    We're talking, as far as I can tell, about the laws before enforcement.

    I'm not really reading the thread so w/e

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    My dad told me around here you can go like 15 mph above the limit or something and be fine

    He was a cop for like 32 years
    That's on the enforcement side of the law.

    We're talking, as far as I can tell, about the laws before enforcement.

    I'm not really reading the thread so w/e
    (I'm not either how are you)

    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jwalk wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    oh i'm sorry i didn't know what the word 'limit' meant
    Clearly you do not.
    The Basic Speed Law, CVC 22350, states:"No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property."
    IIRC the the speed limit is the greatest speed one should be going if there are no weather or traffic conditions limiting driving capabilities, so...

    Yeah, to me that says the speed limit is how fast you go if conditions are perfect, and if they aren't perfect, you should slow down or you could still get pulled over.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    jwalk wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    oh i'm sorry i didn't know what the word 'limit' meant
    Clearly you do not.
    The Basic Speed Law, CVC 22350, states:"No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property."
    IIRC the the speed limit is the greatest speed one should be going if there are no weather or traffic conditions limiting driving capabilities, so...

    Yeah, to me that says the speed limit is how fast you go if conditions are perfect, and if they aren't perfect, you should slow down or you could still get pulled over.

    That was basically the thought behind its inception, yes.

    Javen on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Okay, so... we've come to the conclusion that the constitution is rad and people who are like "you're a douchebag for using the constitution" are douchebags themselves.

    I win.

    Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    My dad told me around here you can go like 15 mph above the limit or something and be fine

    He was a cop for like 32 years
    That's on the enforcement side of the law.

    We're talking, as far as I can tell, about the laws before enforcement.

    I'm not really reading the thread so w/e
    (I'm not either how are you)

    I have a big headache and I don't know why. I took some tylenol but it's not really working

    other than that I'm good

    how about you

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Incorrect.

    Read it again. NOwhere does it mention "posted" speed limits. That is CVC 22350 - usually called the "basic speed" law.

    There is another, CVC 22349 - usually called "maximum speed" and that is different, because it does specify an exact, maximum speed. -
    CVC 22349 (a) Except as provided in Section 22356, no person may drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than 65 miles per hour.
    There are other laws actually (like for over 100mph, and 55 for roads that are not marked as being 65, and one that says they can raise the limit to 70 in some cases, etc... you can read the whole thing here... But those are the 2 speeding laws (22349 and 22350) that most people get ticketed for breaking.

    If it's a 22350 then it was under 65 in a Xmph (X = 25-60) marked zone, and speeds above the posted limit can be considered safe and therefore LEGAL.

    jwalk on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Post section 22356.

    Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    don't speed, idiots

    Raneados on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Raneados wrote:
    don't speed, idiots

    I sped with you in the car!

    OH NOES!

    Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    My dad told me around here you can go like 15 mph above the limit or something and be fine

    He was a cop for like 32 years
    That's on the enforcement side of the law.

    We're talking, as far as I can tell, about the laws before enforcement.

    I'm not really reading the thread so w/e
    (I'm not either how are you)

    I have a big headache and I don't know why. I took some tylenol but it's not really working

    other than that I'm good

    how about you
    I didn't sleep last night because since I went home for Christmas I've been staying up really late with my brothers and now my sleep schedule's all fucked up. Back at work 40 hours a week. It's not fun, but I only have 2 hours left before I can head home and watch a noir that I got for Christmas.

    I think headaches are in a top tier position in the Things I Hate list. Here is to hoping you prevail and it subsides.

    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Callius wrote:
    Raneados wrote:
    don't speed, idiots

    I sped with you in the car!

    OH NOES!

    we're fucked


    we're all fucked!!!




    eject button for life!!


    WHOOOOOOOSH

    Raneados on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You left your parachute in the cabin.

    Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I am falling towards the cabin to get it

    Raneados on
  • Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jwalk wrote:
    I mean I got pulled over for doing 80.0 in a 75, in New Mexico.. In my uncle's Mercedes... built for the Autobahn and all that. OH clearly I deserved to be punished for this very dangerous crime! :roll:
    Now I KNOW in New Mexico you broke the law. New Mexico law clearly states that the posted speed limit is the fastest legal speed you can drive on that stretch of maintained roadway. It doesn't matter the condition or the traffic. If you're caught going anything over the speed limit, you are in direct disobedience of a posted law.

    Signs don't say "Recommended Speed: 65". If they did, then your point would be in context and admissable in court. But as it is, they say "Speed Limit" which means that the speed posted on the sign is top legal speed regardless of anything. Doesn't matter if you're driving an Autobahn-ready Mercedes SL-550 or a Toyota Corolla.

    redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    redimpulse wrote:
    jwalk wrote:
    I mean I got pulled over for doing 80.0 in a 75, in New Mexico.. In my uncle's Mercedes... built for the Autobahn and all that. OH clearly I deserved to be punished for this very dangerous crime! :roll:
    Now I KNOW in New Mexico you broke the law. New Mexico law clearly states that the posted speed limit is the fastest legal speed you can drive on that stretch of maintained roadway. It doesn't matter the condition or the traffic. If you're caught going anything over the speed limit, you are in direct disobedience of a posted law.

    Signs don't say "Recommended Speed: 65". If they did, then your point would be in context and admissable in court. But as it is, they say "Speed Limit" which means that the speed posted on the sign is top legal speed regardless of anything. Doesn't matter if you're driving an Autobahn-ready Mercedes SL-550 or a Toyota Corolla.
    Also I'd like to point out that yes, the car is German and perhaps "built for the Autobahn", but you, my good man, are not.

    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    Okay, I'm back from court and here's what happened. First, in Ohio, you can enter one of three pleas, either guilty, not guilty or no contest. No contest means that you do not contest what's in the report, but neither do you admit to it. Usually you're found guilty on all counts and fined summarily, occasionally they'll drop minor bullshit charges if your magistrate is feeling particularly nice. Once you plead not guilty, they usually set a court date and when you go to court you meet with a prosecutor. Well today they had prosecutor's out and ready to amend shit on the spot. So once i plead not guilty, they sent me to the next courtroom where the prosecutor said, and I quote, "You were flying, there's nothing I can do for you here." Now at this point I was still set on my not guilty plea and all, but she happened to inform me that the ticketing officer was Officer Simoney. Now, she thought she had to tell me a few things about Simoney, but I've known enough people to have run-ins with him to no better than to even try. Simoney's rumored to be the type of cop who will shoot you in the kneecap instead of chasing you. I cannot verify as much, but this is for sure, he has video recording of his entire shift, not just when he pulls somebody over. Simoney also shows up for every single court date, no matter what. He's not in it for the cash, he's in it to make sure nobody he tickets or arrests gets off with anything, ever.
    So, in light of this evidence, I plead no contest. I was summarily fined $75 (that's three dollars per mile per hour over the speed limit, for those of you keeping score). In addition, I owe $124 is court costs. Now, in Cleveland, you're fines and costs are due on the spot (there's no such thing as paying early). However, the Clerk of Courts office has this thing for people who need time to pay. They set a date about two months away, charge you an extra fifteen bucks and make you pay the fifty bucks right there. Now, all this might sound well and good, but here's where they fuck you without you even looking. All street parking downtown is one hour only, by the meter. Now, for those of you who have never been to court before, you never get out in an hour. Now, my time from when they let us into the court to when i got out was actually an hour and ten minutes, however, my ticket belied me and I showed up a half hour early, expecting court to start at 1:00 not 1:30 (thank's a lot Ocifer Simoney, you fucking dick). So I lost a half hour there. My ticket was timed for 20 minutes before I got back to the car, and that's another $25 I get to pay the city, due in two weeks. Such a fucking amazing system we have here, isn't it?

    Edit: Also I should add, the way I view it, the speed limit is a suggestion,. if you're below the speed limit, stay to the right, and the fuck out of the way, as there's no real reason to be driving below the limit unless your car is physically incapable of doing so. I will continue to drive as fast as I please, and would like to add that I drove 80 in that same 50 zone to and from court and that not a single person on that road today was driving under 70mph.

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    if they wanted the speed limit to be 80 it would be 80

    it's 75 so it's 75. If you go 76, you are speeding and breaking the law.


    The end

    There is no discussion to this.

    This is it.

    Raneados on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Okay, I'm back from court and here's what happened. First, in Ohio, you can enter one of three pleas, either guilty, not guilty or no contest. No contest means that you do not contest what's in the report, but neither do you admit to it. Usually you're found guilty on all counts and fined summarily, occasionally they'll drop minor bullshit charges if your magistrate is feeling particularly nice. Once you plead not guilty, they usually set a court date and when you go to court you meet with a prosecutor. Well today they had prosecutor's out and ready to amend shit on the spot. So once i plead not guilty, they sent me to the next courtroom where the prosecutor said, and I quote, "You were flying, there's nothing I can do for you here." Now at this point I was still set on my not guilty plea and all, but she happened to inform me that the ticketing officer was Officer Simoney. Now, she thought she had to tell me a few things about Simoney, but I've known enough people to have run-ins with him to no better than to even try. Simoney's rumored to be the type of cop who will shoot you in the kneecap instead of chasing you. I cannot verify as much, but this is for sure, he has video recording of his entire shift, not just when he pulls somebody over. Simoney also shows up for every single court date, no matter what. He's not in it for the cash, he's in it to make sure nobody he tickets or arrests gets off with anything, ever.
    So, in light of this evidence, I plead no contest. I was summarily fined $75 (that's three dollars per mile per hour over the speed limit, for those of you keeping score). In addition, I owe $124 is court costs. Now, in Cleveland, you're fines and costs are due on the spot (there's no such thing as paying early). However, the Clerk of Courts office has this thing for people who need time to pay. They set a date about two months away, charge you an extra fifteen bucks and make you pay the fifty bucks right there. Now, all this might sound well and good, but here's where they fuck you without you even looking. All street parking downtown is one hour only, by the meter. Now, for those of you who have never been to court before, you never get out in an hour. Now, my time from when they let us into the court to when i got out was actually an hour and ten minutes, however, my ticket belied me and I showed up a half hour early, expecting court to start at 1:00 not 1:30 (thank's a lot Ocifer Simoney, you fucking dick). So I lost a half hour there. My ticket was timed for 20 minutes before I got back to the car, and that's another $25 I get to pay the city, due in two weeks. Such a fucking amazing system we have here, isn't it?

    I think you have the right to tl;dr

    Brolo on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Okay, I'm back from court and here's what happened. First, in Ohio, you can enter one of three pleas, either guilty, not guilty or no contest. No contest means that you do not contest what's in the report, but neither do you admit to it. Usually you're found guilty on all counts and fined summarily, occasionally they'll drop minor bullshit charges if your magistrate is feeling particularly nice. Once you plead not guilty, they usually set a court date and when you go to court you meet with a prosecutor. Well today they had prosecutor's out and ready to amend shit on the spot. So once i plead not guilty, they sent me to the next courtroom where the prosecutor said, and I quote, "You were flying, there's nothing I can do for you here." Now at this point I was still set on my not guilty plea and all, but she happened to inform me that the ticketing officer was Officer Simoney. Now, she thought she had to tell me a few things about Simoney, but I've known enough people to have run-ins with him to no better than to even try. Simoney's rumored to be the type of cop who will shoot you in the kneecap instead of chasing you. I cannot verify as much, but this is for sure, he has video recording of his entire shift, not just when he pulls somebody over. Simoney also shows up for every single court date, no matter what. He's not in it for the cash, he's in it to make sure nobody he tickets or arrests gets off with anything, ever.
    So, in light of this evidence, I plead no contest. I was summarily fined $75 (that's three dollars per mile per hour over the speed limit, for those of you keeping score). In addition, I owe $124 is court costs. Now, in Cleveland, you're fines and costs are due on the spot (there's no such thing as paying early). However, the Clerk of Courts office has this thing for people who need time to pay. They set a date about two months away, charge you an extra fifteen bucks and make you pay the fifty bucks right there. Now, all this might sound well and good, but here's where they fuck you without you even looking. All street parking downtown is one hour only, by the meter. Now, for those of you who have never been to court before, you never get out in an hour. Now, my time from when they let us into the court to when i got out was actually an hour and ten minutes, however, my ticket belied me and I showed up a half hour early, expecting court to start at 1:00 not 1:30 (thank's a lot Ocifer Simoney, you fucking dick). So I lost a half hour there. My ticket was timed for 20 minutes before I got back to the car, and that's another $25 I get to pay the city, due in two weeks. Such a fucking amazing system we have here, isn't it?

    Edit: Also I should add, the way I view it, the speed limit is a suggestion,. if you're below the speed limit, stay to the right, and the fuck out of the way, as there's no real reason to be driving below the limit unless your car is physically incapable of doing so. I will continue to drive as fast as I please, and would like to add that I drove 80 in that same 50 zone to and from court and that not a single person on that road today was driving under 70mph.

    But mom all the cool drivers are doing it!

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That whole basic speed limit only applies in California, and even then the California Department of Transportation generally recognizes the posted limit as the maximum "reasonable and prudent" speed.

    Javen on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Okay, I'm back from court and here's what happened. First, in Ohio, you can enter one of three pleas, either guilty, not guilty or no contest. No contest means that you do not contest what's in the report, but neither do you admit to it. Usually you're found guilty on all counts and fined summarily, occasionally they'll drop minor bullshit charges if your magistrate is feeling particularly nice. Once you plead not guilty, they usually set a court date and when you go to court you meet with a prosecutor. Well today they had prosecutor's out and ready to amend shit on the spot. So once i plead not guilty, they sent me to the next courtroom where the prosecutor said, and I quote, "You were flying, there's nothing I can do for you here." Now at this point I was still set on my not guilty plea and all, but she happened to inform me that the ticketing officer was Officer Simoney. Now, she thought she had to tell me a few things about Simoney, but I've known enough people to have run-ins with him to no better than to even try. Simoney's rumored to be the type of cop who will shoot you in the kneecap instead of chasing you. I cannot verify as much, but this is for sure, he has video recording of his entire shift, not just when he pulls somebody over. Simoney also shows up for every single court date, no matter what. He's not in it for the cash, he's in it to make sure nobody he tickets or arrests gets off with anything, ever.
    So, in light of this evidence, I plead no contest. I was summarily fined $75 (that's three dollars per mile per hour over the speed limit, for those of you keeping score). In addition, I owe $124 is court costs. Now, in Cleveland, you're fines and costs are due on the spot (there's no such thing as paying early). However, the Clerk of Courts office has this thing for people who need time to pay. They set a date about two months away, charge you an extra fifteen bucks and make you pay the fifty bucks right there. Now, all this might sound well and good, but here's where they fuck you without you even looking. All street parking downtown is one hour only, by the meter. Now, for those of you who have never been to court before, you never get out in an hour. Now, my time from when they let us into the court to when i got out was actually an hour and ten minutes, however, my ticket belied me and I showed up a half hour early, expecting court to start at 1:00 not 1:30 (thank's a lot Ocifer Simoney, you fucking dick). So I lost a half hour there. My ticket was timed for 20 minutes before I got back to the car, and that's another $25 I get to pay the city, due in two weeks. Such a fucking amazing system we have here, isn't it?

    Edit: Also I should add, the way I view it, the speed limit is a suggestion,. if you're below the speed limit, stay to the right, and the fuck out of the way, as there's no real reason to be driving below the limit unless your car is physically incapable of doing so. I will continue to drive as fast as I please, and would like to add that I drove 80 in that same 50 zone to and from court and that not a single person on that road today was driving under 70mph.

    But mom all the cool drivers are doing it!

    It's a flow of traffic thing, it's technically illegal to be driving in a way that upsets the flow of traffic. Driving 50 around a bunch of 70mph drivers disrupts that flow by causing tons of people to hit their brakes and go around.

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Raneados wrote:
    if they wanted the speed limit to be 80 it would be 80

    it's 75 so it's 75. If you go 76, you are speeding and breaking the law.


    The end

    There is no discussion to this.

    This is it.
    Well, in CA, over 65 (or 70 in some places) would fall under "maximum speed" and you would be correct.

    That is not the case for "basic speed" 22350 I can assure you. I'm not at all surprised people don't know this, I mean the government is in NO hurry to tell you that you may have actually not been breaking the law when they hand you a ticket, they just want you to pay it and go away... I didn't know about it either until a few years ago when I got a ticket and decided to read up on it.

    Don't take my word for it though, find out for yourself! As I said these are Calif. laws only, other states may vary.

    jwalk on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Okay, I'm back from court and here's what happened. First, in Ohio, you can enter one of three pleas, either guilty, not guilty or no contest. No contest means that you do not contest what's in the report, but neither do you admit to it. Usually you're found guilty on all counts and fined summarily, occasionally they'll drop minor bullshit charges if your magistrate is feeling particularly nice. Once you plead not guilty, they usually set a court date and when you go to court you meet with a prosecutor. Well today they had prosecutor's out and ready to amend shit on the spot. So once i plead not guilty, they sent me to the next courtroom where the prosecutor said, and I quote, "You were flying, there's nothing I can do for you here." Now at this point I was still set on my not guilty plea and all, but she happened to inform me that the ticketing officer was Officer Simoney. Now, she thought she had to tell me a few things about Simoney, but I've known enough people to have run-ins with him to no better than to even try. Simoney's rumored to be the type of cop who will shoot you in the kneecap instead of chasing you. I cannot verify as much, but this is for sure, he has video recording of his entire shift, not just when he pulls somebody over. Simoney also shows up for every single court date, no matter what. He's not in it for the cash, he's in it to make sure nobody he tickets or arrests gets off with anything, ever.
    So, in light of this evidence, I plead no contest. I was summarily fined $75 (that's three dollars per mile per hour over the speed limit, for those of you keeping score). In addition, I owe $124 is court costs. Now, in Cleveland, you're fines and costs are due on the spot (there's no such thing as paying early). However, the Clerk of Courts office has this thing for people who need time to pay. They set a date about two months away, charge you an extra fifteen bucks and make you pay the fifty bucks right there. Now, all this might sound well and good, but here's where they fuck you without you even looking. All street parking downtown is one hour only, by the meter. Now, for those of you who have never been to court before, you never get out in an hour. Now, my time from when they let us into the court to when i got out was actually an hour and ten minutes, however, my ticket belied me and I showed up a half hour early, expecting court to start at 1:00 not 1:30 (thank's a lot Ocifer Simoney, you fucking dick). So I lost a half hour there. My ticket was timed for 20 minutes before I got back to the car, and that's another $25 I get to pay the city, due in two weeks. Such a fucking amazing system we have here, isn't it?

    Hahahahahahaaha etc...
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Edit: Also I should add, the way I view it, the speed limit is a suggestion,. if you're below the speed limit, stay to the right, and the fuck out of the way, as there's no real reason to be driving below the limit unless your car is physically incapable of doing so. I will continue to drive as fast as I please, and would like to add that I drove 80 in that same 50 zone to and from court and that not a single person on that road today was driving under 70mph.

    And that just shows what a moron you are. It doesn't matter how you interpret the law, that's not your decision. And there are reasons when you'd want to drive the speed limit (which is a limit, not suggestion) even if your car can go faster.

    But because you're such a dipshit you say you're going to keep driving as fast as you want, I hope it comes back to bite you one day either in more fines or a car wreck that will teach you to stop driving so fast moron, you're endangering more people than just yourself dipshit.

    ShimSham on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    guys, the lines on the road are just a suggestion

    the ONE WAY street signs are a suggestion


    The law against driving with your cock is a suggestion

    Raneados on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Okay, I'm back from court and here's what happened. First, in Ohio, you can enter one of three pleas, either guilty, not guilty or no contest. No contest means that you do not contest what's in the report, but neither do you admit to it. Usually you're found guilty on all counts and fined summarily, occasionally they'll drop minor bullshit charges if your magistrate is feeling particularly nice. Once you plead not guilty, they usually set a court date and when you go to court you meet with a prosecutor. Well today they had prosecutor's out and ready to amend shit on the spot. So once i plead not guilty, they sent me to the next courtroom where the prosecutor said, and I quote, "You were flying, there's nothing I can do for you here." Now at this point I was still set on my not guilty plea and all, but she happened to inform me that the ticketing officer was Officer Simoney. Now, she thought she had to tell me a few things about Simoney, but I've known enough people to have run-ins with him to no better than to even try. Simoney's rumored to be the type of cop who will shoot you in the kneecap instead of chasing you. I cannot verify as much, but this is for sure, he has video recording of his entire shift, not just when he pulls somebody over. Simoney also shows up for every single court date, no matter what. He's not in it for the cash, he's in it to make sure nobody he tickets or arrests gets off with anything, ever.
    So, in light of this evidence, I plead no contest. I was summarily fined $75 (that's three dollars per mile per hour over the speed limit, for those of you keeping score). In addition, I owe $124 is court costs. Now, in Cleveland, you're fines and costs are due on the spot (there's no such thing as paying early). However, the Clerk of Courts office has this thing for people who need time to pay. They set a date about two months away, charge you an extra fifteen bucks and make you pay the fifty bucks right there. Now, all this might sound well and good, but here's where they fuck you without you even looking. All street parking downtown is one hour only, by the meter. Now, for those of you who have never been to court before, you never get out in an hour. Now, my time from when they let us into the court to when i got out was actually an hour and ten minutes, however, my ticket belied me and I showed up a half hour early, expecting court to start at 1:00 not 1:30 (thank's a lot Ocifer Simoney, you fucking dick). So I lost a half hour there. My ticket was timed for 20 minutes before I got back to the car, and that's another $25 I get to pay the city, due in two weeks. Such a fucking amazing system we have here, isn't it?

    Edit: Also I should add, the way I view it, the speed limit is a suggestion,. if you're below the speed limit, stay to the right, and the fuck out of the way, as there's no real reason to be driving below the limit unless your car is physically incapable of doing so. I will continue to drive as fast as I please, and would like to add that I drove 80 in that same 50 zone to and from court and that not a single person on that road today was driving under 70mph.

    But mom all the cool drivers are doing it!

    It's a flow of traffic thing, it's technically illegal to be driving in a way that upsets the flow of traffic. Driving 50 around a bunch of 70mph drivers disrupts that flow by causing tons of people to hit their brakes and go around.

    So maybe you should've been going 70 instead of 80 and the ticket would've been smaller if you had still gotten pulled over. Oh, and uh, you should've parked somewhere else. And you should've just paid the ticket, since you apparently knew the cop would show up for anything. What I'm saying is, you sort of handled this like a moron.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    ShimSham wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Okay, I'm back from court and here's what happened. First, in Ohio, you can enter one of three pleas, either guilty, not guilty or no contest. No contest means that you do not contest what's in the report, but neither do you admit to it. Usually you're found guilty on all counts and fined summarily, occasionally they'll drop minor bullshit charges if your magistrate is feeling particularly nice. Once you plead not guilty, they usually set a court date and when you go to court you meet with a prosecutor. Well today they had prosecutor's out and ready to amend shit on the spot. So once i plead not guilty, they sent me to the next courtroom where the prosecutor said, and I quote, "You were flying, there's nothing I can do for you here." Now at this point I was still set on my not guilty plea and all, but she happened to inform me that the ticketing officer was Officer Simoney. Now, she thought she had to tell me a few things about Simoney, but I've known enough people to have run-ins with him to no better than to even try. Simoney's rumored to be the type of cop who will shoot you in the kneecap instead of chasing you. I cannot verify as much, but this is for sure, he has video recording of his entire shift, not just when he pulls somebody over. Simoney also shows up for every single court date, no matter what. He's not in it for the cash, he's in it to make sure nobody he tickets or arrests gets off with anything, ever.
    So, in light of this evidence, I plead no contest. I was summarily fined $75 (that's three dollars per mile per hour over the speed limit, for those of you keeping score). In addition, I owe $124 is court costs. Now, in Cleveland, you're fines and costs are due on the spot (there's no such thing as paying early). However, the Clerk of Courts office has this thing for people who need time to pay. They set a date about two months away, charge you an extra fifteen bucks and make you pay the fifty bucks right there. Now, all this might sound well and good, but here's where they fuck you without you even looking. All street parking downtown is one hour only, by the meter. Now, for those of you who have never been to court before, you never get out in an hour. Now, my time from when they let us into the court to when i got out was actually an hour and ten minutes, however, my ticket belied me and I showed up a half hour early, expecting court to start at 1:00 not 1:30 (thank's a lot Ocifer Simoney, you fucking dick). So I lost a half hour there. My ticket was timed for 20 minutes before I got back to the car, and that's another $25 I get to pay the city, due in two weeks. Such a fucking amazing system we have here, isn't it?

    Hahahahahahaaha etc...
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Edit: Also I should add, the way I view it, the speed limit is a suggestion,. if you're below the speed limit, stay to the right, and the fuck out of the way, as there's no real reason to be driving below the limit unless your car is physically incapable of doing so. I will continue to drive as fast as I please, and would like to add that I drove 80 in that same 50 zone to and from court and that not a single person on that road today was driving under 70mph.

    And that just shows what a moron you are. It doesn't matter how you interpret the law, that's not your decision. And there are reasons when you'd want to drive the speed limit (which is a limit, not suggestion) even if your car can go faster.

    But because you're such a dipshit you say you're going to keep driving as fast as you want, I hope it comes back to bite you one day either in more fines or a car wreck that will teach you to stop driving so fast moron, you're endangering more people than just yourself dipshit.

    If there was actually a danger in the speed I am going (such as risk for a wreck or personal/property damage, I slow down. When the conditions are dry, the visibility clear and traffic sparse enough, there's nothing dangerous about allowing a speedometer to exceed some numbers posted on a sign.

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    This cop (a lieutenant) told me that cops in Philadelphia aren't allowed to chase you in a car, and that if you're asked to pull over you could just drive away

    They'll still get your license plate and all, but if that's hidden, they can't really do anything

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    There is one point here.

    Laws are made by people and if the people want to change the laws they can.

    Just sayin'... they're not finite and absolute.

    Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Mad Iron wrote:
    Because weaseling out of stuff is what separates us from the animals.
    Except the weasel.

    Took a few pages. Oh, and:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Now, all this might sound well and good, but here's where they fuck you without you even looking. All street parking downtown is one hour only, by the meter. Now, for those of you who have never been to court before, you never get out in an hour. Now, my time from when they let us into the court to when i got out was actually an hour and ten minutes, however, my ticket belied me and I showed up a half hour early, expecting court to start at 1:00 not 1:30 (thank's a lot Ocifer Simoney, you fucking dick). So I lost a half hour there. My ticket was timed for 20 minutes before I got back to the car, and that's another $25 I get to pay the city, due in two weeks. Such a fucking amazing system we have here, isn't it?
    Man, what an extremely successful if entirely fucking convoluted and overly complex racket they're running! All for $25! Wow!

    SithDrummer on
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    i hope you get enough tickets to get your license taken away and learn your lesson

    i got my license on my 16th birthday
    it was taken away 6 months later because i was a dumbas
    know what i did?
    i didn't fuckin bitch and moan and cry wahwah about the fines and shit

    i stopped driving like an dumbass

    maybe you should too

    Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    So maybe you should've been going 70 instead of 80 and the ticket would've been smaller if you had still gotten pulled over. Oh, and uh, you should've parked somewhere else. And you should've just paid the ticket, since you apparently knew the cop would show up for anything. What I'm saying is, you sort of handled this like a moron.

    the point i was making about the parking is that downtown, there is no where else to park but on the street at the meters which all give you a max of one hour.

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    If there was actually a danger in the speed I am going (such as risk for a wreck or personal/property damage, I slow down. When the conditions are dry, the visibility clear and traffic sparse enough, there's nothing dangerous about allowing a speedometer to exceed some numbers posted on a sign.
    The law isn't, "drive at your own risk."

    You seem all pissed off because you broke a rule and had to pay for it. Big deal, shit happens. You got off easy.

    ShimSham on
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    should have put more change in the meter before you went into court

    Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Callius wrote:
    There is one point here.

    Laws are made by people and if the people want to change the laws they can.

    Just sayin'... they're not finite and absolute.

    if it was such a big deal, people would be clamoring for a change

    they're not, so it's not

    Raneados on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    Starfuck wrote:
    i hope you get enough tickets to get your license taken away and learn your lesson

    i got my license on my 16th birthday
    it was taken away 6 months later because i was a dumbas
    know what i did?
    i didn't fuckin bitch and moan and cry wahwah about the fines and shit

    i stopped driving like an dumbass

    maybe you should too

    I don't know why people continue to equate driving speed with driving skill. First of all, some of us are more skilled at higher speeds than others. As for the outcome recap, I figured I'd update people on the status. If you didn't care, then why did you waste your time reading it?

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Starfuck wrote:
    i hope you get enough tickets to get your license taken away and learn your lesson

    i got my license on my 16th birthday
    it was taken away 6 months later because i was a dumbas
    know what i did?
    i didn't fuckin bitch and moan and cry wahwah about the fines and shit

    i stopped driving like an dumbass

    maybe you should too

    I don't know why people continue to equate driving speed with driving skill. First of all, some of us are more skilled at higher speeds than others. As for the outcome recap, I figured I'd update people on the status. If you didn't care, then why did you waste your time reading it?

    some of us are more skilled at stealing tvs and beating the shit out of women than other, so fucking what

    Knob on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Moe_Fwacky

    Can break the law because he's better than you

    Javen on
Sign In or Register to comment.