As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Live Messenger Problem

WeeSneakWeeSneak Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok so i got a hotmail account forcibly by some ppl who are always going on at me to get it. I dont like it but thought what the fuck.

For the past week ive been using Web Messenger with no problems, does what i want, nothing special. So now i wanna get the actual program, so i go download it, install it and every time i try and log in i get the following message.

"Windows live messenger could not sign you in because the sign-in name you entered does not exist, or the password is incorrect."

Error Number:80048821

I know its the right email and password because i use it for my web messenger, i tried logging in about 20 times, re-typing the password, changing from lower to upper case etc.

So basically, it just will not accept my password and/or user name. Although they are both completely correct.

sigmh7.jpg
WeeSneak on

• Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So you are remembering to enter the username as "xxxxxx@hotmail.com" right? It's not a screenname login thing.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    WeeSneakWeeSneak Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yup, i used messenger alot a few years ago so i know about all the small mistakes ppl make.

Just to add
    All firewalls are off
    Im not logged in elsewhere as im trying to log in

WeeSneak on
    sigmh7.jpg
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    WeeSneak wrote:
    Yup, i used messenger alot a few years ago so i know about all the small mistakes ppl make.

Just to add
    All firewalls are off
    Im not logged in elsewhere as im trying to log in

I don't know, maybe you have to activate your hotmail account as a passport account or something...

try going to http://accountservices.passport.net and logging in.

Ruckus on