As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

• Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Soooo Kay was mafia? Dear Lonely, I apologize. You are smart. I R Dumb. I guess. Wasn't expecting the 3rd one in a bandwagon rule to apply to a bandwagon against a mafia member.
    And in unrelated news, my cunning plan to start way up here, expecting at least one or two people to drop a movement card on Dr. Lucky... clearly was not so cunning.
    Damnit. Shoulda started in the lounge.

Edit: Hey Crimson. Least the patio's got some class out here eh? And what a fine night it is. Yet, I find I'm going to have to go indoors. Probably going to get me some grub.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OOooOOOOoooOOOOoooo

Damn you Dr. Lucky!!!!
    Lucky
    OOooOOOooOOOOooo

Nocturne on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    am I allowed to point at the fact that Kay was a bodyguard and laugh?

Am I?

I am?

EXCELLENT

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    am I allowed to point at the fact that Kay was a bodyguard and laugh?

Am I?

I am?

EXCELLENT

Yes, yes you are.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Interesting. Kay was sending PMs stating that Dr. Lucky was a werewolf, vampire, sea monster, or some other occult begin and must be killed "for the good of humanity". He later sent another PM that his faction wanted to take them out themselves. Looks like he was fishing for information or roles or those that might be dangerous to the mafia.

There were seven other players that got the same PM. I don't know if he was sending them out in mass, or just to eight people.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, we have a dead bodyguard who wasn't exploding in the thread...

Day one Kay just voted for Skycaptain, not much else of interest, though she did comment on Burnage's claims a couple of times and ask him about leprechauns.

Day two is in the spoiler
    Kay wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I have two options: vote for someone in the same room as Dr. Lucky or look back to see who was most likely on skycaptain's side.....

We could always look into both sets and correlate the results?
    I should get on with that, but given that the two people that made their motivation known in the thread are now dead...

Yeah, see what I mean?
    I am now envisioning a small room with a table, and a very strong desklamp. One by one, people are brought into the room, and made to sit down on an uncomfortable chair. Across from them sits Ardor, with a long scroll on the table before him, a feather pen and an ink pot and blotter beside it.

"Did you vote for the aggravating bodyguard, SkyCaptain?" asks Ardor.

"I did not," replies a hapless didn't-vote-for-SkyCaptain individual.

The desklamp is turned on, and swivelled to point at the poor chap's face.

"WHY NOT WHY NOT WHY NOT WHY NOT."

I guess you can see where this is going. Still, a vote-analysis would be good. Why are we matching it up to people that started in the same square as Dr Lucky, again?
    Telling people to apply somewhere without the URL or a link or something comes across as a little cliquish. Like 'you can come join me if you're a friend already' or something. I thought there we no bros in Phalla?

Reading through theories and misdirections and complications is giving me a lot of possible places to place my vote. I think Ardor may be onto something with his 'spread out' theory, pinning a higher chance of bodyguard-itis on those in less populated rooms, based on the protection mechanic mentioned in the OP.
    So our choices are Zandracon, Rawkking Goodguy, Ardor and Romantic Undead?

I need to vote, so I'll go with Rawkking Goodguy, and if the reasoning changes, well. I won't be able to change my vote.

Man, I need some time off work. I don't have have the time or energy that I'd like to have for this game.

Setting up an excuse for being less active, attempting to keep us from networking too much through scare tactics and accusations of rule-breaking, then sheeping onto the losing bandwagon (though it might have been winning at that moment, not sure).

Darian on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    And while I want to gloat for a bit more, I will admit that the guess on Kay was a bit meta.

Eri was killed/removed last night.

Kay has about as much love for Eri as Sunkist has for Beel.

So, Eri's dying actually helped the village for once!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You go girl

Egos on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Interesting. Kay was sending PMs stating that Dr. Lucky was a werewolf, vampire, sea monster, or some other occult begin and must be killed "for the good of humanity". He later sent another PM that his faction wanted to take them out themselves. Looks like he was fishing for information or roles or those that might be dangerous to the mafia.

There were seven other players that got the same PM. I don't know if he was sending them out in mass, or just to eight people.

I got the PM from Kay as well.

So yeah, a bodyguard fishing for occult, and two day 1 deaths on people who talked about the occult? Interesting.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    You go girl
    butterfly is still dancing in your chair. possibly without cloths

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Haha it looks like that until the kitchen closes the doctor will be going in a loop between rooms 1-4.

So the kitchen will probably be closing tomorrow.

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    As the party proceeds and more guests get evicted or eliminated, rooms will begin to be closed off from movement. Players left in those rooms when they close or who wander into them after they close will be eliminated; Dr. Lucky will skip over them when he moves. The day before rooms are scheduled to be closed off, a notice will be made in the narration, result, or information posts.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Haha it looks like that until the kitchen closes the doctor will be going in a loop between rooms 1-4.

So the kitchen will probably be closing tomorrow.
    Every game day, Dr. Lucky will, in the movement phase, move to the next-higher numbered room in sequence

I think it's safe to assume that Dr Lucky will magically hop over the garage if he ends up in room four. Unless I missed something stating otherwise in the OP.

Edit: beat by infy

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey. Shut up.

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If someone with a particular motive dies, will we be aware of their quirk in the results?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It certainly doesn't appear that way considering the past two days...

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    can't we just lock him into the garage and then blow it up?

That would be the easiest way to do things

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ooOoOooOooOOOOooOOo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1AZn7qfUxk
    oOOooOOOoooOoooOOOO

Zandracon on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I got this PM too, but didn't know what to make of it. Someone suggested earlier that the bodyguards might be targeting the occult group in particular, and that PM sounds like he might have been fishing for replies from the occult faction. Maybe Occult is the powered village faction, and the bodyguards know it?

Bremen on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    It certainly doesn't appear that way considering the past two days...
    Depends on the ratio of vanillagers to people-with-motives, and how unlucky the motivers have been.

I agree, though, it seems like we won't know, but can't hurt to ask.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Nah. That has the potential to be wayyy to quick and painless.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Err, Is it OK if I get out of the garage first?

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »

Err, Is it OK if I get out of the garage first?

No.

Cause you called me fat.

:P <3

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So.... the party's kinda boring at this hour.
    BlazBlue anyone? I'm not very good. PSN Id is in the sig.
    (Done enough Dissidia tonight over adhoc Party).

If not, I'll be popping in Demon's Souls in a few.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OOoooOoooOoooo

Le sigh...

oooOOooOooOooOOOO00

Zellpher on
  • Options
    ueanuean Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I got a PM. I was kind of jealous at the possiblity of a SEAMONSTER faction. Now it turns out it was all a ruse.

Oh Kay, you heart-twisting liar you.

Now, maybe we can find out who received PMs from Kay.

Also, v_w, how do you know he sent it to 8 players when you received your PM? Did he not BCC?

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All PMs should be out. Let me know if you didn't get one or if something seems wrong.

In addition, I have a correction to make to the results: one more player died:

Infidel - Clinton Frady (Bodyguard) got smashed by an ottoman.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Buck futter!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    All PMs should be out. Let me know if you didn't get one or if something seems wrong.

Lousy Turks.
    I mean, yay that we got another bodyguard...
    :P

shalmelo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Well that's a rather important update.

Also a hilarious mental image. I'm picturing my grandmother's ottoman that flips open and is used to store all of her knitting.

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    uean wrote: »
    Also, v_w, how do you know he sent it to 8 players when you received your PM? Did he not BCC?

On the one I got there's a "Recipients: B:L, Bremen, Houn, Infidel, Kistra, Obbi, Romantic Undead, vagrant_winds"
    Your name wasn't one of those. Perhaps he sent you a PM personally. Perhaps he sent them out in batches. Perhaps you're lying. I can't say atm.

Infidel is now showing up post-death as a Bodyguard. Which makes this even more interesting. And yeah, Kay would be a shifty player like that to try and throw suspicion off of herself.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    kime wrote: »
    If someone with a particular motive dies, will we be aware of their quirk in the results?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Clarification denied?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

On the one I got there's a "Recipients: B:L, Bremen, Houn, Infidel, Kistra, Obbi, Romantic Undead, vagrant_winds"
    Your name wasn't one of those. Perhaps he sent you a PM personally. Perhaps he sent them out in batches. Perhaps you're lying. I can't say atm.

Infidel is now showing up post-death as a Bodyguard. Which makes this even more interesting. And yeah, Kay would be a shifty player like that to try and throw suspicion off of herself.

Kay is a crafty and hard to read player?

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Someone stole one of my cards last night. If I ever find out who did it, you will PAY.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Also, it's worth noting that Kay was in room 3, and Infidel was in room 2. It would make sense that the bodyguards would want to cluster in the center rooms, because that makes it easier for them to reach any particular room quickly.

I'd suggest we regard anyone who started in room 2 or 3 with some suspicion.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Kay is a girl?

Phalla has to have the highest female/male ratio of any board I've ever been in.

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    2 out of 50 , not bad :P :)

edit: sorry make that 3

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Either directly to me, or a BCC list.

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bremen wrote: »
    Also, it's worth noting that Kay was in room 3, and Infidel was in room 2. It would make sense that the bodyguards would want to cluster in the center rooms, because that makes it easier for them to reach any particular room quickly.

The main problem with this is similar to being suspicious of people who started out in the room 1. Attacks on Dr. Lucky which do not exceed the number of remaining bodyguards automatically fail, since there were probably about 10 or more bodyguards left last night, I don't think they'd be very worried.

I'm just surprised that he only moved 1 space.... or maybe he actually moved 13 spaces... we'll never know.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Bremen wrote: »

The main problem with this is similar to being suspicious of people who started out in the room 1. Attacks on Dr. Lucky which do not exceed the number of remaining bodyguards automatically fail, since there were probably about 10 or more bodyguards left last night, I don't think they'd be very worried.

I'm just surprised that he only moved 1 space.... or maybe he actually moved 13 spaces... we'll never know.

My hunch is that a lot of people used the defensive stance last night rather than playing their movement cards on the doctor.

shalmelo on
This discussion has been closed.