As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting my chin up

Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I am looking for a chin-up bar to go in a doorframe - one of the temporary ones you just put in, use, and then take down and put in your closet, not the full installation ones. From what I've seen, they run anywhere from 25 to 80 dollars, but I have no idea how to evaluate their quality.

Does anyone have any recommendations, testimonies, etc? Price isn't really a big issue, as long as I'm getting the quality I pay for.

Evil Multifarious on

• Options
    DJ-99DJ-99 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Iron Gym has worked pretty well for me.

DJ-99 on
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd get the cheapest one... It's a bar. Doesn't need to be high tech. I have one that is bolted into my closet door frame. Works nicely.

NotYou on
  • Options
    MrOlettaMrOletta Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd vote for Iron Gymn as well. It's pretty moderately priced and works very well. My local Bed Bath and Beyond had it so I was able to use one of their 20% coupons on it.

MrOletta on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I used one of these that you dont screw in with bolts, you basically unwind it to wedge it in the door frame.
    I wouldn't recommend it... It slipped a few times for me, and I'm not a big guy. I also left it up for a year and it marked the door.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]