As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Oblivion: "staple" and "must-have" mods?

• HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hey i cant really tell if I installed OOO right. I mean I can tell the difference in the dungeons like fucking hard ass monsters for a lvl 1 and I see capes but I cant use the new birthsigns other stuff feels the same.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hey i cant really tell if I installed OOO right. I mean I can tell the difference in the dungeons like fucking hard ass monsters for a lvl 1 and I see capes but I cant use the new birthsigns other stuff feels the same.

...New...

...Birthsigns...?

Since when did OOO add new birthsigns?

MechMantis on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Its checkable in my data file manager

OOO-Birthsigns.esp

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    MechMantis wrote:
    A Very Silly Slaughterfish Mod

A%20Very%20Silly%20Slaughterfish%20Mod%20V0_000001-1.jpg

Sorry for the H-Scroll.
    Wow....
    Freud would have a heyday with this one :P

Silpheed on
  • WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I stopped playing after doing a quest for the fighters guild, something like fighting off some goblins from a farm or something. And one of the two NPCs jumped in front of my Sword and stabbed himself, and after the waves were over the two of em chased after my ass and then I got jailed when I got back to town...... I swear that's some of the stupidest stuff ever.

Mods - I don't know if this one is automatically included in any of those links, but one of em scaled some of the quest rewards and stones as you leveled. That was helpful, so you didn't have to wait until you were max level before you started doing quests.

WillisIVIIX on
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm fond of the Hilarity mod. Killing someone by dropping a horse on them is awesome. It's really easy to permanently screw up your game, though (oops, I turned the quest NPC into a crab! emot-v.gif).

Oh noooo:
    Hilarity-4.jpg

Fats on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Do the mods make the game worth rebuying? I'm a level 28 Mage on the 360 version, but a lot of it is starting to annoy me.

ben0207 on
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So guys, uhh, there may or may not be a new expansion pack coming out called "The Shivering Isles" set in Sheogarath's daedric realm of the same name.

And when I mean expansion pack, I mean Tribunal and Bloodmoon, not Knights of the 9.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    thorpe wrote:
    So guys, uhh, there may or may not be a new expansion pack coming out called "The Shivering Isles" set in Sheogarath's daedric realm of the same name.

And when I mean expansion pack, I mean Tribunal and Bloodmoon, not Knights of the 9.

All of my dicks are coming.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Goumindong wrote:
    thorpe wrote:

All of my dicks are coming.
    Just to poop on your parade, it's just as likely to be one of their cellphone games.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sheogarath is the snazziest of the Deadric Princes.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ben0207 wrote:
    Do the mods make the game worth rebuying? I'm a level 28 Mage on the 360 version, but a lot of it is starting to annoy me.

Depends how tight you are for cash. I modded it heavily about 5 hours into it, never looked back. If you haven't already done everything on the 360, you might yet have $40 worth of fun with the PC version.

LoneIgadzra on
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    While the base game is awesome, just having OOO can make the game feel really different. Then you get the graphic mods, the better townguards, better stealth, better.........

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    (MMM) Martigen's Monster Mod is easily my favorite Oblivion mod. It adds a ton of new creatures and factions to the world, and they all interact with each other wonderfully. You'll come across 3-way fights between bandits, goblins, and orcs, and you can choose whether to join in or not. They won't all instantly turn on you, either - you're just a participant in the action now, rather than the center of the world.

Also, sometimes you'll come across the remains of fights that previously occured. You might come across a pile of bandit corpses, and see a minotaur walking away off in the distance.

Marty81 on
  • ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    thorpe wrote:

I guess it's been confirmed. There's some scans (are they allowed in this forum? If not, I'm sorry, I didn't know):

http://images.flannigus.net/ShiveringIsles1.jpg
    http://images.flannigus.net/ShiveringIsles2.jpg

...not sure if I like some of those designs, but oh well. Looking forward to it!

edit: Maybe someone should start a new thread about it with the scans?

Clevinger on
  • (ohms)Crunchy(ohms)Crunchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bethesda really screwed up with Oblivion. But I don't want to get into it. You know what I'm talking about.

(ohms)Crunchy on
    14e9iqh.jpg
  • Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bethesda really screwed up with Oblivion. But I don't want to get into it. You know what I'm talking about.

*wink*

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Huh?

P.S. Your sig is way too tall, and your avatar is almost a whole megabyte.

Tallahasseeriel on
    edited December 2006
    Uriel wrote:
    Huh?

P.S. Your sig is way too tall, and your avatar is almost a whole megabyte.
    Well I had sex with your wife.

I'm heading back to the Artist Corner. *sighs*

(ohms)Crunchy on
    14e9iqh.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    They made the combat not suck?

Couscous on
    edited December 2006
    titmouse wrote:
    No, they ruined exploration. Once you get a couple items, like Ring of Perfection, there is no need to travel into caves, forts and whatnot. And they basically look 80% the same in the inside.

(ohms)Crunchy on
    14e9iqh.jpg
    edited December 2006
    titmouse wrote:
    No, they ruined exploration. Once you get a couple items, like Ring of Perfection, there is no need to travel into caves, forts and whatnot. And they basically look 80% the same in the inside.
    So, the exact same problem with Morrowind?

Couscous on
    edited December 2006
    titmouse wrote:
    titmouse wrote:
    Morrowind was 100x more fun, exploration wise. You had to hunt for your Daedric armor and other items. Hell, in Oblivion you can just find a normal bandit wearing a full suit of Daedric armor on the side of the road.

EDIT: It's not like I'm bashing Oblivion. It was a ton of fun, it's just a gripe I have. No need to get all defensive.

(ohms)Crunchy on
    14e9iqh.jpg
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    titmouse wrote:
    titmouse wrote:
    Morrowind was 100x more fun, exploration wise. You had to hunt for your Daedric armor and other items. Hell, in Oblivion you can just find a normal bandit wearing a full suit of Daedric armor on the side of the road.

EDIT: It's not like I'm bashing Oblivion. It was a ton of fun, it's just a gripe I have. No need to get all defensive.

Are you kidding me? Getting things in Oblion is 10x harder than it was in Morrowind.

In Morrowind you didnt even have to freaking kill anything, just buy a couple potions then LOOT LOOT LOOT your way to daedric/glass armor/weapons.

Heck, you dont even have to buy potions in many cases

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Elessar ElfstoneElessar Elfstone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Has anyone mentioned the Illumination Within mod? When I played ES4 it made the towns look awesome at nights.

Elessar Elfstone on
    Tobias: Or it could be your colon. I'd want to get in there and find some answers.

Forsake, Warlock of Stonemaul
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Don't forget the mod that removes that glow effect from enchanted weapons and armor.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    edited December 2006
    titmouse wrote:
    titmouse wrote:

Are... are you serious? Exploration is what makes Morrowind awesome.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    edited December 2006
    thorpe wrote:
    titmouse wrote:
    titmouse wrote:

Exploration made Morrowind fun but 90 percent of the dungeons were samey. The various tombs and mines were really samey.

Couscous on
    edited December 2006
    titmouse wrote:
    thorpe wrote:
    titmouse wrote:
    titmouse wrote:

Exploration made Morrowind fun but 90 percent of the dungeons were samey. The various tombs and mines were really samey.

Ah. I still loved finding various easter eggs (Indiana Jones!) or uber-powerful quest items out of the blue. Or stumbling upon a Vampire Clan Headquarters.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    titmouse wrote:
    thorpe wrote:
    titmouse wrote:
    titmouse wrote:

Well, the tombs I'll grant you, but I liked the fact that I could walk into a mine in Morrowind and instantly be able to tell what kind it was. Ebony mines and Kwama Egg mines just feel different, even if they use the same general cave style.

The thing that gets me about dungeons in Oblivion is that if it's a quest-related dungeon, instead of being able to fight to the end but maybe not see the boss of the place or loot the quest item you need before you get the quest, the whole place is completely empty, only filling up when you get the quest to go there. It's very annoying to be sneaking through a place that appears to be empty, building up tension and expecting something really dangerous in a place you don't expect, only to find out that the place was empty the whole time, awaiting some trigger you haven't stumbled across yet to spawn it.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My favorite part about vampires in morrowind was how one of their clan headquarters had a book that taught you how to summon the dwemer robots.

Mai-Kero on
    edited December 2006
    Oh! If your system can handle it the Open Cities mod is cool. It makes the towns more like Morrowind where you could just walk through them and not have to load into a seperate zone.

Axen on
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Is there a site hosting the latest version of MMM that isn't shitplanet... I mean fileplanet?

TwistedJester on
    edited December 2006
    Is there a site hosting the latest version of MMM that isn't shitplanet... I mean fileplanet?

Is File Front okay?

http://elderscrolls.filefront.com/file/MMM_17_FULL;73325

Axen on
    edited December 2006
    Yes... yes it is. Thank you.

TwistedJester on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    Axen wrote:
    Oh! If your system can handle it the Open Cities mod is cool. It makes the towns more like Morrowind where you could just walk through them and not have to load into a seperate zone.

Yeah, I like this mod. Lets you ride your horse into town as well.

bombardier on
    edited December 2006
    So uh.... another favor... I've heard Francesco's creatures and items mod was good, so I got 4.0b.... but I can't find the optional weapons and armor mod version 4.0b anywhere aside from fileplanet (which won't let me download anything regardless of what browser I use). I checked filefront and they don't have it so.... help?

TwistedJester on
    edited December 2006
    So uh.... another favor... I've heard Francesco's creatures and items mod was good, so I got 4.0b.... but I can't find the optional weapons and armor mod version 4.0b anywhere aside from fileplanet (which won't let me download anything regardless of what browser I use). I checked filefront and they don't have it so.... help?

Sorry man. I searched, but it looks like Francesco can't upload that file anywhere but Fileplanet because its to large. Like 343mb.

Axen on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Quest Award Leveling
    Keychain

Thank Mordrack for these excellent mods.

While not essential, I much prefer Kasdar's Detect Life Shader to the original.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg