As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EINHANDER MEMORIAL STATION

167891012»

• Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    BYToady wrote: »
    How about instead of keys, cars use card readers for licenses.

Too many points of failure. Someone could borrow someone else's physical license to turn the car on. Also, the car would need to link up to the state DMV or police database to know what licenses are still valid.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have no faith in humanity any more

I mean this in all seriousness

well that's silly

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

well that's silly

Agreed, there are plenty of good things

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Working as a security guard at an apartment building has seriously made me start to hate people, in general.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Corvus wrote: »
    Zoel wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    I was very sorry to read about Einhander's passing. This is just awful.

I once worked in my Province's equivalent of the DMV, and we were in charge of the files for all the drivers with atrocious records. When you see the driving records of the scum who do this, with line after line of DUI followed by "Driving while suspended" violations with increasing lengthy jail times for each offence, and the pattern repeating year after year, it becomes clear that there is an element in society that just doesn't give a shit about anyone else. Short of a Frank Castle style solution, unless you lock up these assholes for life, they're just going to keep drinking and driving.

presumably if you saw them at the DMV we could just not give them a license anymore and that'd work too

If you think not having a valid license is going to stop these people you are, unfortunately, sorely mistaken.

Not having a valid license would certainly stop me from purchasing a license plate, which would make it difficult to drive or own my own car, yes.

Life in prison for DUI doesn't really mesh with the incentive scheme that punishments are designed around. Specifically you would be encouraging hit and run.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Here's a little bit of justice:

When I started work last year, all the new hires had to drive out to this convention center and stay for a week. There's a bar on the property, so there was no real reason for us to leave. We get hammered after our classes, stop by the McDonalds or Taco Bell, then back to our rooms to wake up and do it again.

One guy decided he wanted KFC and drove drunk to get some. He got pulled over and spent the night in jail and one of our managers had to bail him out.

He was fired that morning.

Thank God he didn't kill anyone, but I was out with some work friends one day and he showed up cuz he's still friends with them and even though the asshole hasn't gotten a job since, he still thinks its hilarious that he was drunk driving.

I hate him so much

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    That Guy ThereThat Guy There Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There is no excuse for drunk driving, none.

Incoming wall of text that relates a personal story of mine, the reason I refuse to ever let a friend drive drunk, refuse to get near a car of anyone who has been drinking, and have much sympathy for those people whose lives have been impacted by drunk driving.
    When I was in high school I lost someone very dear to me. She was my first real love (corny I know, but everyone remembers the first girl/guy they love). She was amazing, beautiful, super outgoing, friends with everyone, just all around one of the nicest people I have ever known.

We were best friends all of our freshman and sophomore years, hanging out every day after school, talking on the phone every night and being told/yelled at by our parents simultaneously to get off the phones and go to bed. We never got together, much to my everlasting chagrin, but we talked about it from time to time. She was always with someone, people who were never good enough for her as stupid as that sounds. She was always dating douchebags, party boys who cared more about being cool dudes than her, cheated on her, made her pay for their stuff, got her into groups of people that were just no good for her.

We lost contact at some point, she transferred to another school to be with her boyfriend, the pot dealing asshole. Around a year later I decided we were being dumb and there was no reason for us to not at least be talking, so I called her and ended up leaving a message on her machine. The next day I came home and she had left me a message as well. I was ecstatic! I was honestly worried that she might not want to talk to me. We ended up playing phone tag for two weeks, never being able to catch each other, leaving messages back and forth, silly stuff, I miss you toos, telling each other about what's going on in our lives, encouraging each other, on and on it went. I looked forward to checking my messages every night when I got home.

On a Thursday night I checked the messages and sure enough she had left me one. She told me that she was going out to a party with her boyfriend that night, a big blow-out for some stupid celebration I can't recall. I left her a message wishing her a good time, told her to be safe and to remember to have a designated driver, and finally got the nerve up to ask her to meet up, maybe Saturday go to lunch, hang out, talk face to face for a change. I was super anxious and couldn't wait to hear back from her.

The next day I got to school and was pumped, I just wanted the day to end so I could rush home and check my messages. Why are people crying though? I asked this girl I knew what the hell was going on, why are so many people crying?

_____(name left out) was in a car accident last night. She was at the party, the one she told me about, having a good time, there was lots of booze and she got drunk. Her boyfriend ditched her there to go sell some weed to whoever. But everyone loved her and it wasn't a big deal. His friends though, his fucking deadbeat friends, badgered her and badgered her to drive them to the store to get more booze. She was always eager to please and always nice to a fault so finally she relented. They all piled into her car and off they went. They never made it to the store. She crashed. Everyone else in the car was fine, except her. She was in a coma. She passed away days later, never woke up.

Her funeral had several hundred people, save the motherfuckers that were in the car with her that night, those assholes couldn't show their faces around town. In the end though, she made that choice.

That was cathartic.

That Guy There on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hachi machi

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's abhorrent when people try to make me drive to pick up their other friends when I've been drinking, saying that I haven't drunk that much and "oh there will be no police around", trying to get me to pick them up some cigarettes

usually the fucking loser hasn't even gotten their license yet

That Guy There: That is awful, really awful

But why did such a girl always get with d-bags? They were always the ones to ask her out?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oh no unstickied

Raneados on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    awww this sucks, he was a super nice guy :(
    also why isn't this thread stickied?
    this seems far more important to me than discussing the comic for this week.

beavotron on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    beav

I hate your sig so much

Raneados on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    beav

I hate your sig so much

hehehehehehe

beavotron on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I know right

what a supid smelly website

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    the stupidsmelliest

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just found out about this from the G&T Secret Santa thread.

You'll be missed, buddy.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, I wish this thread wouldn't die

Let's keep the party going guys!

To Page 100!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Only found out about this today via Twitter. I remember him from when I was a regular G&T poster.

RIP.

Jazz on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That's really not how this works, tommy.

We mourn for a friend, but when it comes time to move on, there's nothing left but to do it.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    But

coooommmmeee oonnnnn

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tommy

shh

come on buddy, let's get some ice cream

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man

Rest in Peace Einhander

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    DeathPrawn wrote: »
    I just found out about this from the G&T Secret Santa thread.

You'll be missed, buddy.

Same.

Sad to hear this, he was always a cool poster.

My thoughts are with those close to him that he left behind.

LewieP on