As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for a quote

TheRubberBanditTheRubberBandit Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm finishing up some last minute college apps and I've come to a point where I would really like to tie in a nice quote. I KNOW there are probably dozens that would work in this situation, and I feel like there are a bunch in the back of my mind, but I can't seem to recall any. So basically my request to you all is any suggestions for a quote that discusses the idea of learning about yourself of maturing through either hardship or tough physical/mental work. Preferably only a sentence or two, but anything will work.

I've applied to six colleges in the past four days, and have three more to do. God I love procrastinating. Help!

TheRubberBandit on

• Russian GuyovichRussian Guyovich Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    Lead from the front, lead by example!
    What you lack in talent you have to make up in hustle.

Sergeant Major Michael D. Berg
    Headquarters and Service Battalion Sergeant Major

Russian Guyovich on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Any man here don't wanna get killed, better clear on out the back.

Clint Eastwood

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • For the FutureFor the Future ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

For the Future on
  • scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So I'm finishing up some last minute college apps and I've come to a point where I would really like to tie in a nice quote. I KNOW there are probably dozens that would work in this situation, and I feel like there are a bunch in the back of my mind, but I can't seem to recall any. So basically my request to you all is any suggestions for a quote that discusses the idea of learning about yourself of maturing through either hardship or tough physical/mental work. Preferably only a sentence or two, but anything will work.

I've applied to six colleges in the past four days, and have three more to do. God I love procrastinating. Help!
    as someone who has worked on both sides of the college-admissions process (high school and college), I can guarantee you that the admissions officer reading your application will not give a shit about your quote, no matter how well it ties into anything. either he has seen the quote five hundred thousand times before (in which case he will feel the sudden urge to punch someone, and since you're not there it will probably be the poor admissions intern, who isn't getting paid enough for this, or at all really), or he hasn't, but who cares since he's trying to get a sense of how YOU think, not how some famous football player thinks? the point of the exercise is to give them a sense of YOUR voice. a quote will not do that.

that said, the clint eastwood quote is probably your best bet.

scrivenerjones on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png