As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arranged Marriages

• Options
    basinobasino Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Javen wrote:
    basino wrote:
    whatever you do, dont pretend you are already married. if Apu cant pull it off no one can.

But in that same vein, didn't Apu eventually go on to have a very happy marriage?

well there was one episode where apu cheated on his wife and they almost divorced. apu nearly hanged himself at one point.

basino on
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I can't help but think that she's probably going through the same thing, having just been told that she's marrying the son of her mother's med school friend.

Just food for thought.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    we're like H/A but instead of actual advice we just reference television

Kovak on
  • Options
    Stormin JoeStormin Joe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    And homosexuality

Stormin Joe on
    joviet.gif
    Tossrock: Somolia, you know Mogadishu, Blackhawk down?
    Qorzm: I'm sorry, I don't follow hip-hop
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    H/A isnt homosexuals?

Kovak on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    homer79.gif

I am the God, Genesh! This wedding angers me. It will break up or all will die.

edit: I chose TV .... next up, homosexuality!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    BedigumxBedigumx Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    well i needed somewhat real advice and a laugh which is why SE was the place to go.

H/A would have been a little too emo for my tastes

Bedigumx on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    H/A isnt homosexuals?

They might as well be, seeing as every single response to a girl thread is "dump her and go get drunk with a bunch of dudes."

Javen on
  • Options
    Stormin JoeStormin Joe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    H/A depresses and amuses me.

Stormin Joe on
    joviet.gif
    Tossrock: Somolia, you know Mogadishu, Blackhawk down?
    Qorzm: I'm sorry, I don't follow hip-hop
  • Options
    SuperunknownSuperunknown Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Do what they do in Bride and Prejudice, sing a song.

Superunknown on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    well there's always gasoline and matches I guess

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    you could come out of the closet

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Having an arranged marriage wouldn't be that bad. I'm an easy guy to get along with and at least I wouldn't have to worry about finding a wife.

Javen on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    fgt

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ferrets54ferrets54 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You know the girl probably feels exactly the same way. Get in touch with her and conspiracise a united front against it. Or, if she's attractive blah blah blah rest of the thread.

ferrets54 on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    last time i went to india quite a few relatives had been married in recent times

i think out of 5 marriages, 1 of them was not arranged, like they had been going out for a long time,
    1 of them was semi-arranged, where they met shortly before the wedding and agreed to go through with it

and the other 3 are basically straight up arranged marriages where they didnt meet their wife til like the wedding day or however it works

and from those 3, 2 of the women are pretty damn hot, and the other is fairly good looking and nice, and was basically one of my favourite relatives over there to talk to

the semiarranged wife is not good looking, and i didnt much like her

so assuming that this is any kind of fixed rule to go by,
    if shes ugly and crap theyll give you a chance to cancel before the wedding
    if they let you meet her on the day or something then shes probably a nice hottie

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    LobsterFuhrerLobsterFuhrer Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bedigumx wrote:
    Bibble wrote:
    wait so where do you live

University of Iowa.

I know what you're thinking, but there are in fact minorities in Iowa

You damn Hindis always go into eletronic stores and ask for discounts and rebates.

You people are worse than the Jews.

No, really.

LobsterFuhrer on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    aren't most marriages arranged? how else would you have one if it wasn't arranged at some point?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    aren't most marriages arranged? how else would you have one if it wasn't arranged at some point?

Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.

Shorty on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kill yourself? Why? You obviously have so...much...to....

Bwhahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh, I'm sorry; I just couldn't hold it in.

Seriously, you might get lucky. There's some good looking Indian women out there. Just pray that she doesn't end up a castrating bitch.

Actually, there are a great deal.

The problem is that their looks deteriorate rapidly. By about 30-35, it's all a memory.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    BOLLYWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

BOLLYWOOD SWINGIN'

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    basinobasino Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    babf03.gif

DONT DO ITTTTT

basino on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    My boss at the video store is 2 feet tall and morbidly obese but his wife is smoking hot.

I assume it's an arranged marriage.

Superunknown on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Can't you just get married and then kill her?

Everyone wins.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Pause/BreakPause/Break Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think basino said it best.

Pause/Break on
    Sunken in the masters chair
    Lord golds face - a blank survey
    Women pleasure men at the wave of a golden hand
    And turn to receive when it waves again
  • Options
    ThundarThundar Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dude just marry her. It'll make your parents happy, and it seems like your dad is looking out for your best interests, I'm sure he's picked someone nice. I'm sure she's going to be alright, just make sure when you meet her just really try to connect with her and really make it a voluntary relationship, not a forced one. If she turns out super crazy or really hard to get along with, divorce her.

Look at the positives, since you both pretty much have to marry each other, you can be like "hey I like handcuffs and fucking real hard" on the first night and she'll be like "hmm... well ok I guess it has to happen eventually".

On the scale of suckiness, an arranged marriage isn't that bad. Your other option would be to become a workaholic, jack off until your dick gets raw, and ocassionally go to bars to get rejected by slutty women. And then you meet a fantastic woman who is everything you dreamed of but then she would dump you for a dude with a bigger dick.

Try to get your kicks in before the wedding day, though. As in strippers, random hook ups, etc.

Thundar on
    Hello.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yeah man, you're posting on SE++, an arranged marriage is more than you could ever hope for.

Superunknown on
  • Options
    FanboiFanboi Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thundar wrote:

On the scale of suckiness, an arranged marriage isn't that bad. Your other option would be to become a workaholic, jack off until your dick gets raw, and ocassionally go to bars to get rejected by slutty women.

Thats the most accurate description of a post college, single man's life ever written.

Gold star.

Fanboi on
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bedigumx wrote:
    Bibble wrote:
    wait so where do you live

University of Iowa.

I know what you're thinking, but there are in fact minorities in Iowa

They're called "people who don't wear plaid shirts and overalls."

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    Threadbare SockThreadbare Sock regular
    edited December 2006
    Raneados wrote:
    ooh ooh, also, every time you want to talk to her, press her forehead dot and yell "ding dong!"

mmm that's good racism

while hilarious, that is not racism

it would just be offensive to the person

but not racism

Threadbare Sock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FOOT SWEATERS
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Raneados wrote:
    ooh ooh, also, every time you want to talk to her, press her forehead dot and yell "ding dong!"

mmm that's good racism

while hilarious, that is not racism

it would just be offensive to the person

but not racism

Good save.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    WiseguyWiseguy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Fanboi wrote:
    Thundar wrote:

On the scale of suckiness, an arranged marriage isn't that bad. Your other option would be to become a workaholic, jack off until your dick gets raw, and ocassionally go to bars to get rejected by slutty women.

Thats the most accurate description of a post college, single man's life ever written.

Gold star.

oh god D:

i was a naive college student with grand visions of the future

and now that is mad depressing

Wiseguy on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Wiseguy wrote:
    Fanboi wrote:
    Thundar wrote:

Gold star.

oh god D:

Dude, Thunder totally nailed it. There really isn't a bad way for it to end. I mean, you get married, give it a fair chance, if it doesn't work out, fuck it. Just make sure you're honest throughout and like he said just try to allow the relationship to be as voluntary as possible.
    and make sure you jump right in to the fucking.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Wiseguy wrote:
    Fanboi wrote:
    Thundar wrote:

Gold star.

oh god D:

Dude, Thunder totally nailed it. There really isn't a bad way for it to end. I mean, you get married, give it a fair chance, if it doesn't work out, fuck it. Just make sure you're honest throughout and like he said just try to allow the relationship to be as voluntary as possible.

What if they like...uh...don't have anything in common.

And she's a prude.

And has vaginisimus.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Arsenic7 wrote:
    Wiseguy wrote:
    Fanboi wrote:
    Thundar wrote:

Gold star.

oh god D:

And she's a prude.

And has vaginisimus.

Then they stay married long enough for her to become a citizen and then split. That's how my family does it.

Leli on
  • Options
    QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I agree with the others. Just suck it up and deal with it and try to enjoy it. An attractive Indian girl is something you don't refuse.

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • Options
    WiseguyWiseguy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    try every single position, fulfill every desire, live all your fantasies

then get a divorce if ya want

golden opportunity

Wiseguy on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Leli wrote:
    Arsenic7 wrote:
    Wiseguy wrote:
    Fanboi wrote:
    Thundar wrote:

Gold star.

oh god D:

And she's a prude.

And has vaginisimus.

Then they stay married long enough for her to become a citizen and then split. That's how my family does it.

My family just divorces then dates someone stupider than the last spouse. My cousin convinced her boyfriend at the time to get a vasectomy, then dumped him a couple months later for a dude with a bigger dick.

I feel bad for him but he was stupid enough to almost deserve it.

Thank god that guy's out of the genepool though.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Arsenic7 wrote:
    Wiseguy wrote:
    Fanboi wrote:
    Thundar wrote:

Gold star.

oh god D:

And she's a prude.

And has vaginisimus.

if she's a prude all he's got to do is talk about nothing but(t) fucking in the day(s) before the wedding and if she's not down with that, just kick her to the curb. Or just go through with it and have your way with her as filthily as possible.

Captain Cthulhu on