As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini phalla] Slasher Phalla - Game Over - Perfect Slasher Victory!

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    And what, pray tell, did I ever do to your dashing mustache, Burnage?

....Well, besides making you and TT lovers (which was TOTALLY iamtheaznman's fault)?

Consider it a love vote, you are no-longer sooo new that you can avoid being Day 1 voted.

Egos on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd really like to respond to adventfalls' question, but I can't quite read it through the haze of absinthe fumes before me.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If anyone has the name of a specific Serial Killer in their role PM, PM me so I can get you networked with the others.

My guess is that each SK can only kill in the area they are in. So Mike Myers will probably be doing the killing tonight.

My guess is that there is a specific SK in each area, that can only kill in that area. Maybe they have 1 Kill and their is a universal SK or they have 2 kills.

My guess is to balance them out, they will start masoned.

Hit me up and maybe we can work some of this mindfuckery out before tonight.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If anyone has the name of a specific Serial Killer in their role PM, PM me so I can get you networked with the others.

My guess is that each SK can only kill in the area they are in. So Mike Myers will probably be doing the killing tonight.

My guess is that there is a specific SK in each area, that can only kill in that area. Maybe they have 1 Kill and their is a universal SK or they have 2 kills.

Orange Soda

Unless you plan on revealing just how you know there are multiple named SKs that are not masoned to start.

Darian on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Darian wrote: »

Orange Soda

Unless you plan on revealing just how you know there are multiple named SKs that are not masoned to start.

!Darian

You either don't share the village win condition, or fail at reading comprehension. Since it's Day 1, I'll take a chance that it might be the first one.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

Orange Soda

!Darian

You either don't share the village win condition, or fail at reading comprehension. Since it's Day 1, I'll take a chance that it might be the first one.

Notice the important part now conveniently highlighted above. Seems to me the "SKs" are just the mafia for this game.

Darian on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    In other words, it is possible for the SKs to mason if one of them can seer, but it is unlikely.

Must be a lot of SKs if that is true.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Orange Soda

!Darian

Notice the important part now conveniently highlighted above. Seems to me the "SKs" are just the mafia for this game.

Okay, then notice the part I highlighted.

OS seems to be wanting to gather information for the good of the village. I have no idea why you would vote him out for that.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hmm... looking back at OS's post I did misread it. I got the impression from it that he was trying to mason the SKs to each other.

But what he asking for is almost worse: getting village specials to all talk to a completely unconfirmed person. That can't end well.

Darian on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Does anyone know what the vote count is? I'd be happy to repay you!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't have any mention of SKs by name in my PM, and mine is as short and vanilla as it gets.

!Oranju Soda desu~

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Infidel, it's in the OP. You are being stupid, which is unlike you, or lying. Either way, there's my vote.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Villager PM:
    Villager – Villager
    It’s Halloween, time to party! You can vote out one person a night to get rid off any one who wants to bum out the party. You win when all the serial killers are dead and you can party hard!

Where are any SKs named?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You said "by name."

Ah.

:oops:

Infidel

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Either OS goofed something or he made the worst special reveal.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Good to see Im not the only one who had no idea the serial killers had a name

So supposing OS isn't bad, are we assuming there are Neve Campbell/Jamie Lee Curtis type characters in this game?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Infidel wrote: »

I think it's a combination of the two.

The other problem is that the mafia will obviously also know the names of the killers, you know, since they are the killers.

So yeah, I think OS goofed by revealing that he knows more than what's in the villager PM. I don't think he's evil, but I do think he'll probably get shanked.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

The other problem is that the mafia will obviously also know the names of the killers, you know, since they are the killers.

So yeah, I think OS goofed by revealing that he knows more than what's in the villager PM. I don't think he's evil, but I do think he'll probably get shanked.

did you just reveal more than you should know about OS?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

did you just reveal more than you should know about OS?

Um, no? I'm talking about what he posted.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, it's the same conclusion I had.

OS you're either horrible or an SK trying to dupe the specials into coming to you.

People shouldn't trust him on just this, because SKs could have this info as well.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Or he could be a neutral, and knew the name of a particular serial killer because it has something to do with his win condition.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    /facepalm

Even if OS doesn't get voted, he's liable for shanking.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    worst things happen than shankings in horror movies O_o

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    kiss kiss

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Egos wrote: »

Like what? Tell us Egos, tell us...

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Egos wrote: »

Egos is the Jigsaw killer, confirmed?

Eh, I'll throw my vote on Orange Soda, although I expect it to be inevitable that a) he's not actually a serial killer, and b) he condemns everyone voting for him as 'evil'. He's still worth checking out.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Interesting point that Soda implied, though, about each location being associated with a killer. So... here are my vague thoughts on which film series each location might be related to.

Hand out candy with the kids - Halloween, maybe? So, Michael Myers.
    Down on the farm - Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Leatherface
    The old summer camp - Friday the 13th? Jason Voorhees
    Hang out at your friend house - Nightmare on Elm Street, maybe? So Freddy Krueger.
    The abandon asylum - difficult to say, particularly since I can't remember any films that took place in an abandoned asylum. Possibly Hellraiser, Saw, or Silence of the Lambs, however, which would be - respectively - Pinhead, Jigsaw, or Hannibal Lector.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    abandoned asylum. Possibly Hellraiser, Saw, or Silence of the Lambs, however, which would be - respectively - Pinhead, Jigsaw, or Hannibal Lector.

I would say Jigsaw, because there is explicitly an abandoned aslyum in that movie.

Lector was in some place that was highly guarded and not abandoned . And I think of Silence as more of a thriller than horror.

Hellraiser just had an evil psychiatrist at some point, right?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If I remember my horror movies correct, the evil psychiatrist opened some kind of cube thingy, and Pinhead popped out.

Either way, you're probably looking at Jigsaw since he's the most well-known atm.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If I remember my horror movies correct, the evil psychiatrist opened some kind of cube thingy, and Pinhead popped out.

It wasn't abandoned though (from what i remember), because he was using the kids he brought in for nefarious means.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man, I should really get around to watching the Saw films properly at some point. They've never really held my interest.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man, I should really get around to watching the Saw films properly at some point. They've never really held my interest.

Do yourself a favor and watch only the first. It's more a psychological thriller/horror. The others.... love the gore.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Orange Soda denied my love!

(Also, I think he has the most votes besides me, and I think I have a lot, so it's kind of a survival thing...)

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Do yourself a favor and watch only the first. It's more a psychological thriller/horror. The others.... love the gore.

The Saw films are pretty fun if you're willing to buy into the mythology and the tricks. The intercrossing over the last few films has been pretty exquisite.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !OS because we can't vote out Kime day one, we just can't!

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Delmain wrote: »
    !OS because we can't vote out Kime day one, we just can't!

Too many times?

And Burnage, if you watch Lost you get to see a younger Benjamin Linus in Saw 1 .

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well I'm going to see a show for the evening.

I'll be right back...
    stu.jpg

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ooh! OOOH! kime

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I forgot to vote for a location

Summer camp, duh!

Delmain on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I still like the thought of the Insane Asylum, personally.

SkyCaptain, there's a lot of rage bottled up in there. Sure it hasn't turned you into a killer of men?

My gut feeling on OS's reveal is that it's more likely a botched special reveal than a botched mafia thing. I dunno, though.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
This discussion has been closed.