As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The En[CHAT]ed magical prancing gibbering faeries

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That muscle advertisement is everywhere at the moment. I've seen it on like 4 different sites in the past 2 weeks.

Mustang on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Your avatar dances in perfect timing. It's hillarious.

Mustang on
  • Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    Man that sounds pretty rough on some accounts. Gotta do something to pay the bills in the meantime, you know? That sounds similar to what my buddy Andres is going through here in Canada, and that guy is one hell of an artist.

Something else will come along the way.

It's only temporary :3 Just gotta deal, and try not to get fired before I'm ready to quit!

Lexxy on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Which of the gas-station paraphernalia that I currently own did you design, Lexxy? Did you design my precious dancing Mambo Number 5 guy, or my 40 of Steele Reserve?

Fugitive on
  • Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Neither, thankfully.

Lexxy on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    who was asking about prisma markers? i feel like it was Metal.

Sweet, thanks man

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That job sounds boring at best, irritating at worst.

On the topic of art related jobs, I'm currently being paid to help paint set-pieces for the Musical Arts Center in town, which is apparently the second best opera house in America next to the Met in New York. It's a lot of fun, but the paint is animal-product based for reasons I can't recall, and every so often we have to clean out the 5 gallon buckets when they rot D:

Fugitive on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Which of the gas-station paraphernalia that I currently own did you design, Lexxy? Did you design my precious dancing Mambo Number 5 guy, or my 40 of Steele Reserve?

nyuck nyuck nyuck

Godfather on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    would give guy a ten at least

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oh my god, Up was such a good movie. I don't know why people say it's a low for Pixar, it is of the cutest things in the world.

hey look, I'm complimenting a movie. that's rare.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sometimes when I drink things, instead of putting the cup to my lips and tilting it, I tilt before it even hits my mouth. Then I overshoot and pretty much pour my drink all over myself and what I'm wearing (say, Radar's hoodie...)

It's going to suck when I'm sixty, just dousing myself in whatever.

Charis on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Charis wrote: »
    Sometimes when I drink things, instead of putting the cup to my lips and tilting it, I tilt before it even hits my mouth. Then I overshoot and pretty much pour my drink all over myself and what I'm wearing (say, Radar's hoodie...)

It's going to suck when I'm sixty, just dousing myself in whatever.

I do that too, but mine is due to bad motor skills from years of binge drinking.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »
    oh my god, Up was such a good movie. I don't know why people say it's a low for Pixar, it is of the cutest things in the world.

I thought it was decided that Cars was Pixar's low.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Iruka wrote: »
    Radar6590 wrote: »
    I'm at 16k. I'm a little surprised, Iruka. You've had a DD and I haven't.

Also, on an unrelated note concerning Charis' and my ongoing mouse problem, the pest guy came in today while we were at class and put down a couple snap traps - which we didn't have before. And, one of them caught a mouse. It was pretty gross. I have to admit.

You have a more manga like style, so I'm not really surprised. I mean, after the two DD's I've had, my next popular works are mostly fan art, with the exception of Mouthface and this. If It weren't for the WoW fanart Id have substantially less hits.

So yeah, mustang if you want some hits you should whore out a bit.

And Charis, I donno. kicking a hookah onto my bag is pretty bad. its covered in ash and has now gotten alittle sticky. Im just glad my lappy wasn't in it.

Wait, were you saying that I whore out because my style is vaguely manga inspired, or telling Mustang to draw fanart (=whoring out?).

Also, I suppose I'm mildly amused at that comment, too, because I'm not very fond of manga or anime styles these days (used to be a lot). Plus, everyone in college who is like "I draw anime", tends to have poorly developed fundamentals and little interest in design concepts. So I'm much, much more into Western Comic Book styles. But sweet ones, like Sean Gordan Murphy or Zach Howard.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »

I don't count that as having ever existed.

No, but I've just heard in passing from some "film buffs" that "Up was okay, but not as good since Pixar has such high standards to compare to."

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I don't think I've heard many people at all call UP pixar's low...

Edit: that's a bunch of malarkey IMO.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Yeah we decreed that before Up's release.
    I'm yet to see Up so I haven't formed an opinion about it, so as far as I'm concerned Cars is still their low point.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cars was some kind of awkward hour and a half long Owen Wilson blow job.

Also, Iruka, sticky is the worst. I once accidentally let a bunch of mints melt at the bottom of one of my purses and even after a few washes they were still there. The devil mints. Nothing like trying to pull out your wallet and getting a handful of sticky.

Charis on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Charis wrote: »
    Cars was some kind of awkward hour and a half long Owen Wilson blow job.

Also, Iruka, sticky is the worst. I once accidentally let a bunch of mints melt at the bottom of one of my purses and even after a few washes they were still there. The devil mints. Nothing like trying to pull out your wallet and getting a handful of sticky.

One time there was this douchebag pilot who left his leather bomber jacket on an airplane we went out to, so before turning it in, we put lifesavers in the pocket, smashed them up, and then poured a little bit of coke in there too.

I miss being in the military

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    pittenspittens Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

How could anyone dislike that movie? The bird was hysterical (:
    Tam wrote: »
    pittens wrote: »
    BAH HUMBUG
    is it possible to buy a wacom bamboo stylus without paying $30 usd from their site?

nope. not unless you want to risk getting a broken pen.

Bummed.

pittens on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    I'm at 16k. I'm a little surprised, Iruka. You've had a DD and I haven't.

Also, on an unrelated note concerning Charis' and my ongoing mouse problem, the pest guy came in today while we were at class and put down a couple snap traps - which we didn't have before. And, one of them caught a mouse. It was pretty gross. I have to admit.

You have a more manga like style, so I'm not really surprised. I mean, after the two DD's I've had, my next popular works are mostly fan art, with the exception of Mouthface and this. If It weren't for the WoW fanart Id have substantially less hits.

So yeah, mustang if you want some hits you should whore out a bit.

And Charis, I donno. kicking a hookah onto my bag is pretty bad. its covered in ash and has now gotten alittle sticky. Im just glad my lappy wasn't in it.

Wait, were you saying that I whore out because my style is vaguely manga inspired, or telling Mustang to draw fanart (=whoring out?).

Also, I suppose I'm mildly amused at that comment, too, because I'm not very fond of manga or anime styles these days (used to be a lot). Plus, everyone in college who is like "I draw anime", tends to have poorly developed fundamentals and little interest in design concepts. So I'm much, much more into Western Comic Book styles. But sweet ones, like Sean Gordan Murphy or Zach Howard.

I was halfheartedly telling Mustang to do fan art, which is whoring out. Drawing manga isnt being whore, but still more likely to get you hits on DA. I used to be into anime too, and it still shows in my work in places. I think its evident in yours as well. I don't see why people take it as an insult, personally.

Also metal, thats just a terrible thing to do. The level sticky that would be is just evil.

Iruka on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Doesnt bacon have a purse? I'm sure he can relate to all these purse conundrums

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I dont know why, but I'd like to restate that it was a laptop bag. I dont carry a purse.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    No Bacon has a hand bag.
    But I've got his back because I have a satchel (which is pretty well much a handbag) and a wallet that suspiciously borders on being a purse....it has a zip.

Mustang on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    you could probably just carry a backpack with one hand and pass it off as a purse because there so ridiculously huge

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    What the hell is a hand bag, sounds suspiciously like a purse.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I don't see why people take it as an insult, personally.

I said nothing about being insulted ;) I understand it's influenced my work.

Being compared to some anime artists, though, that would be an insult.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    CAREER UP!

> Flay's rank advanced from Sizzler Dishmonkey to Dymocks Shelfstacker
    > Flay learned the ability 'Borrow New Books for Two Weeks'
    > Flay's Profit Gauge increased from $11.20 to $13

Flay on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's a man purse.

Also, yes, that would suck a lot worse in your laptop bag.

Charis on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Flay wrote: »
    CAREER UP!

> Flay rank advanced from Sizzler Dishmonkey to Dymocks Shelfstacker

What the shit

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    CAREER UP!

> Flay rank advanced from Sizzler Dishmonkey to Dymocks Shelfstacker

What the shit

he thinks he's a pokemon

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Flay used retort on Metalbourne!

Flay on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I tried to jasonify my avatar, the DRobots style is hard jasonify.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Retort unsuccessful

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Retort unsuccessful

Flay hurt himself in social awkwardness

Flay on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Hang bag = Expensive device for carrying lipstick, tampons, hairbrush, kitchen sink, purse
    Purse = Less expensive device for carrying monies, maxed out credit cards and every business card and receipt known to man.
    Satchel/Man-Bag= Male version of handbag, contains grenades, chest hair, broken glass, petroleum and wallet
    Wallet = Male version of purse, contains monies, one credit card and a 12 year old condom.

Don't tell me these labels are different in the US?

Mustang on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    you carry your wallet in your satchel?

girl.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Actually I do, otherwise my satchel rubs on my wallet in my pocket and burns a hole in my jeans. I went through 6 pairs of jeans until I realised why I kept getting a hole in exactly the same place.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mustang wrote: »

Hang bag = Expensive device for carrying lipstick, tampons, hairbrush, kitchen sink, purse
    Purse = Less expensive device for carrying monies, maxed out credit cards and every business card and receipt known to man.
    Satchel/Man-Bag= Male version of handbag, contains grenades, chest hair, broken glass, petroleum and wallet
    Wallet = Male version of purse, contains monies, one credit card and a 12 year old condom.

Don't tell me these labels are different in the US?

exactly the same, all the way down to the condom.

Which is strange how it stays in there even if you're not a virgin. Its like it hides or something

Metalbourne on
This discussion has been closed.