As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

West Coast Train Trip 2007!

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    But yeah, everyone, go get a copy of Worms Open Warfare 2 for the DS for next year... There will be wormage. I picked it up yesterday, its fucking great. My friend code in the meantime is 4339 0219 0762.

And yeah, it needs to be next year already. I look forward to the West Coast Train Trip++ already, and it needs to be here sooner.

For next year, gamewise, we need to get someone to bring Rock Band(preferably with as much DLC as you can afford), Mario Kart Wii, and of course Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Any other great multiplayer games we can look forward to coming out before the next train trip?

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I will be bringing my Wii and Brawl, I also have a shitload of VC games. Highfire is bringing his 360 and Rock Band. We need someone to bring a large HD-LCD monitor that we can hook these up to.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yay for Worms my FC: 4897 3662 3607

On any given day I can be back from work around 10:15 PM for a few games.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • RCars2RCars2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I will be bringing my Wii and Brawl, I also have a shitload of VC games. Highfire is bringing his 360 and Rock Band. We need someone to bring a large HD-LCD monitor that we can hook these up to.

I'll have the 22" LCD again. Realistically anything larger than that is really a pain in the ass to carry around much less take on a train, but if someone wants to bring a bigger display, more power to em.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
    edited September 2007
    RCars2 wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I'll have the 22" LCD again. Realistically anything larger than that is really a pain in the ass to carry around much less take on a train, but if someone wants to bring a bigger display, more power to em.

Yeah, I think the 22 should work fine.

One thing I thought of, as far as the Wii is concerned. We might need batteries... I'll be sure to bring a pack with me, assuming I remember next year...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Augustus wrote: »
    I miss the Amtrak rail already.

EDIT: To clarify, yes, there were bitches.

Augustus! Gimme SOMETHING to contact you with! AIM! Email! Something!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • LindygamerLindygamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Damn you guys! Im trying not to spend money! I need all available cash to go to new 360 fund! I completely forgot about worms 2.

Side note, we have to come to terms that we still have 340+ days until we can do the awesome trip again. I dont think we absolutely need to make plans now.

Lindygamer on
    The opinions I don't have are the opinions I don't got.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    well it seems it's time for this weeks episode

PAX07 Part 2: West Coast Train Trip Day 2
    http://one.revver.com/watch/392806/flv/affiliate/77081

may we never forget the farting ceiling . . .

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
    edited September 2007
    TCM: Thanks for the videos! I'm saving them for next year's thread!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    edited September 2007
    Lindygamer wrote: »
    Side note, we have to come to terms that we still have 340+ days until we can do the awesome trip again. I dont think we absolutely need to make plans now.

Stop reminding me!

And yet another nice video Mike... I wasn't there for the farting ceiling, that was probably while I was watching The Simpsons Movie in the Obs car on someones laptop, but now that its on video I know what people are talking about. Thats just fucking great.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    About how many of you were there?

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
    edited September 2007
    I am guessing around 60 or so people we had a ton of people. We had like 45 sign up for the dinner reservation drawing too bad the dinning car would only let 8 of us in.
    eelektrik wrote: »
    One thing I thought of, as far as the Wii is concerned. We might need batteries... I'll be sure to bring a pack with me, assuming I remember next year...

I will probably make a list of stuff to bring to make the trip more fun and comfy when we make the 08 thread. In other words a list of stuff I really wish I brought with me this year.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • RCars2RCars2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    I will probably make a list of stuff to bring to make the trip more fun and comfy when we make the 08 thread. In other words a list of stuff I really wish I brought with me this year.

Can we start that list with tickets for one of the sleeper cars, LOL. That and either seat cushions or pillows for the kiddy car.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
    edited September 2007
    All of those are at the top of the list with a blanket cause if they were handing out blankets I missed out both nights.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2007
    Went to go see what the price for a sleeper car this far in advance would be, but apparently we'll have to wait a few weeks or so to see as their system only handles reservations as early as 11 months ahead of time.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited September 2007
    Hah. Christ, you guys scare me sometimes.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited September 2007
    Hmmmm if PAX is on the 29th-31st next year I would be having my B-day on the train trip back home that means we get cake!
    Only if you fuckers sing for it though... :twisted:

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • AugustusAugustus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    God I both hated and loved Curses.

Augustus on
    I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat. - Will Rogers
    edited September 2007

*pokes*

Hmmmm reminds me, think we can find a way to make the kiddie car more sound proof for the people outside next year?

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

You're just mad that I kicked your ass :P

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
    edited September 2007
    I believe I would be up for a sleeper car. However I think thatI already told Darkblade I would share with him. I dont know however if the cars are for two people or one. If its for one it maybe too much for me. As great as sleeping in the horiztontal position is, i can be a tight wad when it comes to personal luxaries.

On a side note im slowly convincing my ds meet up group to come with us. Should be another 5-10 people for next years train.

Lindygamer on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2007
    What they offer, and what basically everyone who will be getting a sleeping car will be doing, is getting a Superliner Roomette. These are basically tiny cabins that are nonetheless roomy and quiet, and offer the kind of comfort not often found in coach. You also get free meals and all the comforts of a room, which is to say bottled water, hot cookies sometimes, peace and quiet when you want it. I've ridden in these rooms before and they are a 100% improvement upon coach.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ctishman wrote: »
    What they offer, and what basically everyone who will be getting a sleeping car will be doing, is getting a Superliner Roomette. These are basically tiny cabins that are nonetheless roomy and quiet, and offer the kind of comfort not often found in coach. You also get free meals and all the comforts of a room, which is to say bottled water, hot cookies sometimes, peace and quiet when you want it. I've ridden in these rooms before and they are a 100% improvement upon coach.

I LOVED my roomette on the way back. It was nice to have piece and quiet. I also kept one of my bags with me because I didn't want it to be out of my sight for a second. (the other was just too heavy)

I might Rock coach on the way there and a roomette on the way back like I did this year. I ran into 3 other guys on the way to pax and it was fun just chatting away. They thought I was on some business trip, hahah.

Viscountalpha on
    edited September 2007
    If I can afford it next year, I think I'll travel to California and take the train with you folks. I love trains (only thing I don't get motion sick on!) and it looks like a great way to extend the party that is PAX by a few extra days. We only had four PAXers on the boat to Seattle this year, and the trip is only a few hours long. (And I got seasick.)

Willing to adopt a Canadian? :)

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
    edited September 2007
    We will adopt you according to a few rules

a) We get to call you canada. Or call you by your forum name, which either is funnier/convienent. This year we called mac the english guy well... "English."

2) You bring a DS. If you wish you can bring a psp, but bring a ds too. You dont want to end up like rob (RCars2) and sit and stare at us well we play a marathon 24 rounds of mariokart. Side note bring your own mariokart so we can play the good maps.

d) You wont be offended by the following:
    -Farting ceilings
    -Augustus
    -continous and unabashed profanity
    -phallic imagery in any game at any time
    -Augustus

Otherwise im cool with whoever shows up.

Lindygamer on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    Best list ever. Did you guys not have a problem with rank smells?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited September 2007
    The AC kept the smell of everyone cramped together in a small room under control pretty good so unless someone had really bad gas, the power on the train was taken down to swap cars or someone sprayed Axe the smell wasn't bad.

Of course it wouldn't hurt if someone brought one of those air fresheners that you plug into an outlet.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2007
    Of course it wouldn't hurt if someone brought one of those air fresheners that you plug into an outlet.

I'm sensing a market for potpourri sachets shaped like power-up mushrooms....

Samyel on
    edited September 2007
    I'll take eight!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Hey Moe, Hey Lindy. Hows it goin?

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
    edited September 2007
    Not much, school's a pain, and I miss PAX.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited September 2007
    Ya, PAX was good times, You need to rent out a ballroom next time. That would be epic.

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    edited September 2007
    Samyel wrote: »

This is the best idea we have had so far. End of discussion.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2007
    Ballrooms are hella expensive. HELLA expensive. I would need some serious help funding something like that. Maybe a penthouse if there's a downtown hotel with a couple large penthouses, although I would need help funding that as well. It's still early though, so there's a lot of time to kick around ideas.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited September 2007
    Yeah, our smell was non-existent compared to the times the train itself started smelling like the bathroom had overflown. The only time I noticed us causing a smell was on the way back, as a result of unhealthy eating all weekend and bad train food causing some serious gas for a couple of us...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited September 2007
    Samyel wrote: »

This is the best idea we have had so far. End of discussion.

Filled with crushed coffee beans.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited September 2007
    Lindygamer wrote: »
    We will adopt you according to a few rules

a) We get to call you canada. Or call you by your forum name, which either is funnier/convienent. This year we called mac the english guy well... "English."

2) You bring a DS. If you wish you can bring a psp, but bring a ds too. You dont want to end up like rob (RCars2) and sit and stare at us well we play a marathon 24 rounds of mariokart. Side note bring your own mariokart so we can play the good maps.

d) You wont be offended by the following:
    -Farting ceilings
    -Augustus
    -continous and unabashed profanity
    -phallic imagery in any game at any time
    -Augustus

Otherwise im cool with whoever shows up.

I can deal with those terms. However, you'd have to tolerate a gamer girl who can out-gutter the most seasoned of PvP veterans.

Samyel on
    edited September 2007
    Thats silly, there are no girls on the internet.

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    edited September 2007
    Thats silly, there are no girls on the internet.

Busted. Okay, my name is Ralph and I drive a truck.

Boobs.

Samyel on
    edited September 2007
    Hey Moe, Hey Lindy. Hows it goin?

Going good I guess. Still hoping for a 360 for christmas. Maybe I should do a rap about it....

Well samyel. I guess we can accept you on the train. Although we may end up calling you ralph.

Or Ralph the trucker.

Or Ralph the trucker of Canada.

Or Ralph the gutter trucker of Canada.

You see I am weird. I see a running joke and im off and dancing with it. But dont worry Ralph the gutter trucker of Canada, you wont have to deal with all that for another 343 (quiet sobs) days.

Lindygamer on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.