As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Best [CHAT] Ever

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    but this doesn't help to disabuse me of the notion that the thing is just a huge popularity contest among the elite
    What would have?

Bama on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    wait what what's all this about the peace prize well just let me hit up the news and are you fucking kidding me

Kidding you about what aspect of it?

which do you think

i mean i probably shouldn't be surprised, it's not like there have been peace prize awardees that have had nothing to do with peace before (hello guy who made dynamite)

but this doesn't help to disabuse me of the notion that the thing is just a huge popularity contest among the elite

Ok great political reasoning person who should have won it?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    What would have?

Giving it to MJ, He was the king of pop... ping little kids cherries.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wait what what's all this about the peace prize well just let me hit up the news and are you fucking kidding me

which do you think

i mean i probably shouldn't be surprised, it's not like there have been peace prize awardees that have had nothing to do with peace before (hello guy who made dynamite)

Alfred Nobel did not get the peace prize

Elendil on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

which do you think

Ok great political reasoning person who should have won it?

someone who's not an imperialist shitbag maybe

there's plenty to choose from

Rust on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    me, i got a boner while raiding an archaeological dig

Are you talking about fucking the dead? I think you are talking about fucking the dead.

He could be talking about fucking Harrison Ford.

Cinders on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Alfred Nobel
    uh
    nevermind

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    which do you think

A:
    And I mean, to copy-paste a post from the thread about it, obama has apparently done some stuff:
    How about the $5 billion in aid he helped secure for Pakistan to rebuild their economy and help fight Islamic terrorism?

Or the active steps he's taken to engage the Islamic world on the diplomatic front, rather than just bomb the hell out of them?

Or all the work he started as a Senator, and has continued as President, in nuclear disarmament?

Saying he hasn't "done anything yet" is just playing into the stupid fucking stuffed-shirt meme the GOP has been shouting from the rooftops since last year. If you don't think he's done anything, that's more indicative of your ignorance than his actions.

B: Both Obama and the committee given it have said that it was given to celebrate what obama has already done and encourage obama to continue his peace efforts and things like continue nuclear disarmament etc.

Wait did you just call obama an imperialist...? Wha..?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

president of the united states is practically one de facto anyway

and that's a cute list but maybe you should try showing it to the indefinitely detained gitmo prisoners he seems so hellbent on keeping

the man moves entirely by expediency, there's no goodwill worth mentioning there

Rust on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

B: Both Obama and the committee given it have said that it was given to celebrate what obama has already done and encourage obama to continue his peace efforts and things like continue nuclear disarmament etc.

Look man he's involved in two wars and going to start another war in Iran. They should have given it to Ahmedinjad I mean he took a country in turmoil and now Iran is a peaceful place full of freedom.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    God damn, Rust. You said you just woke up? Have you taken your meds yet?

Bama on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ah, yeah, I haven't really gotten around to figuring much out about the newer chat posters like mazz and rust, and alk is posting a lot more now too, though I'm starting to learn about him.

Funnythe dat you realzie you're an old hand in here huh?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ah, yeah, I haven't really gotten around to figuring much out about the newer chat posters like mazz and rust, and alk is posting a lot more now too, though I'm starting to learn about him.

Maaan I've been a member of these forums for six years at this point...

D:

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Probably the same day you realize you need to let grammar mistakes slide.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Maaan I've been a member of these forums for six years at this point...

D:

something+awful+smiley-smiley-geeks+-+technology__23018445_125x125.jpg

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man, some of those LaRouche Obama-Hitler people were on my campus yesterday. I think I heard one calling someone a british-puppet as I walked by.

Those people make no god damn sense.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    something+awful+smiley-smiley-geeks+-+technology__23018445_125x125.jpgsomething+awful+smiley-smiley-geeks+-+technology__23018445_125x125.jpgsomething+awful+smiley-smiley-geeks+-+technology__23018445_125x125.jpgsomething+awful+smiley-smiley-geeks+-+technology__23018445_125x125.jpgsomething+awful+smiley-smiley-geeks+-+technology__23018445_125x125.jpgsomething+awful+smiley-smiley-geeks+-+technology__23018445_125x125.jpg

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    BROMIDIC

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man, some of those LaRouche Obama-Hitler people were on my campus yesterday. I think I heard one calling someone a british-puppet as I walked by.

The best thing you can do is just ignore them entirely. They want a response.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    fun fact: the first page of a GIS search for 'something awful smiley' has penis on it

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

im not sure how quickly my interaction with someone like that would turn to violence, mostly because ive never hit anyone before in my life, but I dont doubt that it would happen. and I wouldnt be proud at all, but it would be done.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2009

The best thing you can do is just ignore them entirely. They want a response.

Yeah, I just did the look straight ahead, defocus eyes and walk technique. Works like a charm.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Variable wrote: »

im not sure how quickly my interaction with someone like that would turn to violence, mostly because ive never hit anyone before in my life, but I dont doubt that it would happen. and I wouldnt be proud at all, but it would be done.

Violence is never a good solution to a situation like that.
    But I would totally forgive you, so start punching.

desc on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Much like that assclown phelps, hitting them is what they want, then they can sue you.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    And now I'm off to a buddy's house for a weekend of nerding.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Which is why I really want to convince one of those assholes to step into a ring with me. Kinda like the Lowtax vs. Boll thing, but with less Urkel Shuffle.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh weird. I just realized the Arizona Budweiser distributor I've been calling is Hensley like Cindy Hensley McCain. Huh, random.

desc on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Which is why I really want to convince one of those assholes to step into a ring with me. Kinda like the Lowtax vs. Boll thing, but with less Urkel Shuffle.

Man that would be the best anger relief ever. I'd probably break my hand bashing them though (or get knocked out really pathetically).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    words would be my plan but I have before experienced levels of stupidity that make me go ragedumb.

again ive held it in check my whole life but considernig the bloodboiling ive gotten from reading articles and arguments online, I dont know what Id do in person.

alright... Im pretty sure I wouldnt suddenly start a fight. im just not positive. Id probably just get really fucking petty, verbally.

perhaps I can make my self look better by saying Im right now learning I would have to just look straight ahead and walk on by...

Variable on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    So Facebook has a zombify your picture kind of app for halloween.

I want to zombify my billy mays avatar but i feel as though that might be in poor taste.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    When I first found out about the Nobel Prize being given to Obama, I initially thought, "Oh, it's probably because of his speech in Egypt a few months back, I can see that". I assumed Republicans would throw a hissy fit because...well thats what they do. But then I came here and, really guys? I mean, yea sure its a bit early but...really?

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    desc wrote: »
    Oh weird. I just realized the Arizona Budweiser distributor I've been calling is Hensley like Cindy Hensley McCain. Huh, random.

Yep John Mccain is the wife of an Heir, in 2004 that was a bad thing in 2008 HE WAS A MAVERICK!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I want to zombify my billy mays avatar but i feel as though that might be in poor taste.
    you just gave me my halloween costume

• Options
    edited October 2009

Yep John Mccain is the wife of an Heir, in 2004 that was a bad thing in 2008 HE WAS A MAVERICK!

Maybe if I act all outraged about Obama's nobel prize it will hurry this deal along and we can close this up already. :P

I've been talking to guys there for weeks and didn't make the connection that this was that Hensley until minutes ago. Derp.

desc on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

I can point you to the app when I get home, Fuzzy. If you want ideas for your facepaint and such.

And your costume is zombie billy mays?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Maybe if I act all outraged about Obama's nobel prize it will hurry this deal along and we can close this up already. :P

I've been talking to guys there for weeks and didn't make the connection that this was that Hensley until minutes ago. Derp.

At least it's not Palin's husband or something. McCain I could handle, Palin...no

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Arizona? Just tell them "Man fuck those mexicans taking all those great jobs, god damn mexicans! Beans and disease!"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I can point you to the app when I get home, Fuzzy. If you want ideas for your facepaint and such.

And your costume is zombie billy mays?
    I think that would be a great costume.

• Options
    edited October 2009

At least it's not Palin's husband or something. McCain I could handle, Palin...no

McCain is an opportunist assclown, how he got a rep as being a good republican I'll never know. He got smeered in 2000 and then in 2008 not only brings on the person who smeered him, but uses his tactics.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    my friend was planning to be billy mays, so Im stealing the zombie part and giving it to him.

i doubt he will actually do it anyway.

Variable on
This discussion has been closed.