As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Buying a TV

KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi I am looking for recommendations for a Flat screen TV. I am looking for one that would work well with my PS3 but not destroy my bank account (700 or less preferably). HD is obviously a plus.

Katholic on

• ThundyrkatzThundyrkatz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am personally using, and highly recommend the Panasonic 42" Plasma.

It looks fantastic with my 360, so i am sure it would be good for your PS3. It was ready to go out of the box. No problems at all. only 720p, but that is fine at that size screen. No glare, all around great and fairly cheap.

Three thumbs up!

Thundyrkatz on
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have a 42" Panasonic plasma as well, except the 1080p unit. I could probably have saved some money with the 720p version, but I really wanted the higher native resolution the 1080p panel provides, for my HTPC. I have a 360 via component and a PS3 via HDMI hooked up to my set, and both look great.

I really prefer plasma to LCD personally, especially the black levels on most decent plasma TVs. It's pretty subjective though, some people really prefer LCD's brighter screens. Whatever set you decide on, try to see it in stores first.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have a Sharp 42" 1080p set that works wonderfully with 360, PS3 and Sony Receiver. It was $1200 almost a year ago, so I'd be willing to be you can find one around $700 or so now.

Iceman.USAF on