As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Arcade

ElkiElki get busyModerator, ClubPA mod
edited October 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Oh man, I totally forgot about chat. You guys are really well-behaved.

funkytown.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
Elki on

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I do not remember this one.

Quid on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Afternoon chat. Few hours till I have two midterms back to back. And my wife just got yelled at by her advisors because of the lack of work she's been doing lately.

This is turning into a shitty day.

urahonky on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So in the office fantasy football league we have a guy who was fired. It's making the smack talk really awkward....

Thomamelas on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Boo! There was already a new [chat] thread. Boo, boooooo! :P
    <3, but only somewhat.

Passerbye on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That was quite a long space between chats.

I got confused.

BobCesca on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So in the office fantasy football league we have a guy who was fired. It's making the smack talk really awkward....

More like really fun.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I thought about making a chat because I thought you went away, Elki, but I wasn't sure if there was some new rule about chats only being made by mods or some shit.

JustinSane07 on
    edited October 2009
    You have to hold it, Nartwak. Hold it!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm curious why [chat] has been cut off at 60, rather than 80. I'm also curious why there was a pause at all. :?

Passerbye on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i went out to lunch and the new chat only has like 5 posts!

MikeMan on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So a friend has decided to give me tickets to go see Kevin Smith in concert tomorrow. I kinda like his podcast so it is a nice birthday gift (not that its my birthday for a few weeks).

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was wondering where all my friends went. Thanks Elki for making me think I didn't have friends.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Kalkino wrote: »
    So a friend has decided to give me tickets to go see Kevin Smith in concert tomorrow. I kinda like his podcast so it is a nice birthday gift (not that its my birthday for a few weeks).

Silent Bob Kevin Smith?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Smith in concert? Does he sing now?

Haphazard on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

That's rather coincidental as I'm watching Kevin Smith right now on youtube. I'd love to see him live and just listen to him shoot the proverbial shit.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    I was wondering where all my friends went. Thanks Elki for making me think I didn't have friends.
    Well, you don't.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2009
    An Evening with Kevin Smith is a great night. Your friends are the best friends.

He just did one of those Evenings at Carnegie Hall a few months back.

JustinSane07 on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Your huggy bear is here to maul you with love, yo.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    Well, you don't.

:cry:

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Well, you don't.

The truth hurts.

Passerbye on
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Well, you don't.

The truth hurts.

Hence the tears and the crying and the pain and the broken heart.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    There is a part of me that thinks Kingdom Hearts is probably the coolest damn thing to ever exist.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    I thought it was tears of masochistic joy.

Haphazard on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There is a part of me that thinks Kingdom Hearts is probably the coolest damn thing to ever exist.

Because it very well could be.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    edited October 2009
    Yep, that Kevin Smith. I assume the concert is a mix between his podcast, comedy and him talking about projects he has worked on.

Kalkino on
    edited October 2009
    Yep, that Kevin Smith. I assume the concert is a mix between his podcast, comedy and him talking about projects he has worked on.

He's in the Uk?

Haphazard on
    edited October 2009
    It is, Kalk, plus Q&A.

Look up the Prince story on YouTube. It's a half hour answer to a simple question and it's awesome.

JustinSane07 on
    edited October 2009
    It is, Kalk, plus Q&A.

Look up the Prince story on YouTube. It's a half hour answer to a simple question and it's awesome.

Will do. Thanks for the heads up/

Haphazard - he tours about - he is in the UK for a week I think

Kalkino on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I can never decide on the best era of PA. Early on? 2004? 2007-Present? Who knows?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited October 2009
    Ech, inconsistent [chat] has broken my trust. Imma go watch Stargate SG-1 and make chainmail stuff.

Be good to each other, [chat].

Passerbye on
    edited October 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    I do not remember this one.

It's an edit.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Greetings, [chat], and welcome back to Alaska Week. All week we'll be taking a look at what makes that huge "little state that could" so special.

What's that, gentle reader? You've never heard of Alaska? Why, it's only the rootinen' tootinenest territory to become a state since Puerto Rico! Let's take a brief look at Alaska's origin!

Back in the time before years, there was a great star being known as Khazgareth'thul. Now, compared to you and me, Khazgareth'thul was humongous! Just big! Like wow! King Kong? An ant compared to this star being.

One day this star being known as Khazgareth'thul sought to destroy the planet Earth. I don't know, he woke up on the wrong side of the space bed or something.

At his whim, volcanoes erupted! The seas boiled and washed over the land! People were dying by the thousands.

The people of planet Earth prayed fervently to their various fictional gods and self-help authors to free them from this torment. They needed a savior!

One such Savior arose. A messiah for the people of Earth! His name was William Seward. Seward constructed a giant catapult the size of a million "your moms" and launched himself into space. There, he challenged Khazgareth'thul to a match of wits. This would later be known as Seward's Folly.

"If I win, you will cease tormenting the people of Earth. If you win, you may not only continue tormenting the people of Earth, but I will be your mortal slave in this endeavor."

Well, now, this was completely retarded. But the star being was so amused by the human and his depleting oxygen supply that he took Seward up on the challenge.

"I am thinking of a number between 1 and --"
    "6, mortal."

Seward had lost before the challenge had even begun. Without even a moment to announce "double or nothing," Seward became posessed by the star being. Together, the two returned to Earth to bring a more intimate touch to the devastation.

His first target would be what we now know as Canada. But as he approached the moose-laden landmass, Khazgareth'thul-Seward realized his mistake. The human body cannot contain the infinite energy and potential of a star being.

The mortal's form soon began to expand and boil. Hideous rock formations formed on the ever-expanding body. It seemed that the star being would soon be nothing more than a cold, uninhabitable piece of dirt, floating in the ocean. The last part of Seward's free will laughed.

"Laugh all you like, mortal, but know this: I am filled with hatred, rage, and fury. I am evil incarnate, and even in death my darkness will live on. Your corpse will be the epitome of failure and death. Cold will fill the land and all who live here will suffer and become as animals! Aeons from now, this land will be recognized the world over as the ultimate source of disdain and corruption, and all will feel its touch!"

And that's how Alaska was born.

Silas Brown on
    edited October 2009
    I'd like to see Smith live one day. It'll probably never happen, but I can dream, can't I?

Haphazard on
    edited October 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I'd like to see Smith live one day. It'll probably never happen, but I can dream, can't I?

I dunno, he does seem to be doing this tour thing a bit more now as it gets good sales, so he might be coming near you some time

Kalkino on
    edited October 2009
    Greetings, [chat], and welcome back to Alaska Week. All week we'll be taking a look at what makes that huge "little state that could" so special.

What's that, gentle reader? You've never heard of Alaska? Why, it's only the rootinen' tootinenest territory to become a state since Puerto Rico! Let's take a brief look at Alaska's origin!

Back in the time before years, there was a great star being known as Khazgareth'thul. Now, compared to you and me, Khazgareth'thul was humongous! Just big! Like wow! King Kong? An ant compared to this star being.

One day this star being known as Khazgareth'thul sought to destroy the planet Earth. I don't know, he woke up on the wrong side of the space bed or something.

At his whim, volcanoes erupted! The seas boiled and washed over the land! People were dying by the thousands.

The people of planet Earth prayed fervently to their various fictional gods and self-help authors to free them from this torment. They needed a savior!

One such Savior arose. A messiah for the people of Earth! His name was William Seward. Seward constructed a giant catapult the size of a million "your moms" and launched himself into space. There, he challenged Khazgareth'thul to a match of wits. This would later be known as Seward's Folly.

"If I win, you will cease tormenting the people of Earth. If you win, you may not only continue tormenting the people of Earth, but I will be your mortal slave in this endeavor."

Well, now, this was completely retarded. But the star being was so amused by the human and his depleting oxygen supply that he took Seward up on the challenge.

"I am thinking of a number between 1 and --"
    "6, mortal."

Seward had lost before the challenge had even begun. Without even a moment to announce "double or nothing," Seward became posessed by the star being. Together, the two returned to Earth to bring a more intimate touch to the devastation.

His first target would be what we now know as Canada. But as he approached the moose-laden landmass, Khazgareth'thul-Seward realized his mistake. The human body cannot contain the infinite energy and potential of a star being.

The mortal's form soon began to expand and boil. Hideous rock formations formed on the ever-expanding body. It seemed that the star being would soon be nothing more than a cold, uninhabitable piece of dirt, floating in the ocean. The last part of Seward's free will laughed.

"Laugh all you like, mortal, but know this: I am filled with hatred, rage, and fury. I am evil incarnate, and even in death my darkness will live on. Your corpse will be the epitome of failure and death. Cold will fill the land and all who live here will suffer and become as animals! Aeons from now, this land will be recognized the world over as the ultimate source of disdain and corruption, and all will feel its touch!"

And that's how Alaska was born.

I.

Wow.

Wow.

That was the best story time i've had in ages.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    How was TVTropes born, Professor M?

Nerdgasmic on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow, Moriarty.

Wow.

*slow clap*

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just looked at renting this really nice house. All I have to do is convince my friend that his mom and sister can support themselves now that his mom got a new job. Excitement!

TL DR on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    why am I even here today

ugh

nexuscrawler on
    edited October 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »

I dunno, he does seem to be doing this tour thing a bit more now as it gets good sales, so he might be coming near you some time

Very, very improbable. :P

Haphazard on
This discussion has been closed.