As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii/3DS Shop thread] 8/4 - Mario's Picross 3DS VC

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have never played Super Adventure Island, and I always wanted too.

That was the one that was kind of a mix between Zelda 2 and Wonder Boy...correct?

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The first Super Adventure Island was a straightforward 2D platformer. Not sure about the second one.

SteevL on
  • Options
    JaveJave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I have never played Super Adventure Island, and I always wanted too.

That was the one that was kind of a mix between Zelda 2 and Wonder Boy...correct?
    Never played SAI1, but SAI2 was definitely modeled after the Wonder Boy games (traditional platforming with RPG elements).

SAI2 was the one were Higgins and Tina are on their honeymoon, but they shipwreck and they both end with amnesia and separated. Tina is then found by the King of the island, they get engaged and as they are about to be married she's kidnapped. Then the King hires Higgins to rescue Tina and he accepts, still not knowing Tina is his wife. At that point the game starts.

Jave on
    My Let's Play - Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Updated July 29, 2011!)
    (I appreciate all feedback, so take a few minutes to check it out)

Pokemon White: 5371-9705-4895
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8646-1262
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, the second one was the Wonder Boy/Zelda game.

Edit- Beat'd

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Turkey on
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Djiem wrote: »
    Guys, guys...
    I think Xenogear_0001 is joking...

At least, I really hope.

Rest assured, then. :wink:
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Why is MDK2 not out yet.

Whyyyyyyy

I ask myself the same every day it's not there.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    FF III, AI 2, SAI 2, Lufia 1 all in the near future.

Not bad at all.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Never played the first Lufia, but I did beat'd Lufia II. Downer of an ending.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Lufia 2 is in my top 5 RPGs of all time... The game was beautiful.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Agreed, Lufia 1 was good, but Lufia 2 was godly.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    JaveJave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I already own SAI2 on cart so I probably won't get it, but it's great it's coming out since it's a truly well designed game, and I can't recommend it enough.

It also has one of the catchiest soundtracks of the SNES days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgOBnILT9uQ

Jave on
    My Let's Play - Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Updated July 29, 2011!)
    (I appreciate all feedback, so take a few minutes to check it out)

Pokemon White: 5371-9705-4895
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8646-1262
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: THE IMMINENT ARRIVAL OF SPRING MEANS BEAUTIFUL PLANTS AND HORDES OF THE UNDEAD

March 14, 2011

Spring is just about a week away. It's a time of renewal. For some, that means the budding of new flowers. For others, it's a chance to reanimate their dead tissue and go on the attack. Over on the Nintendo DSiWare™ service, Plants vs. Zombies reminds you that when the mob comes for you, foliage might be the only friend you have left. If you're in the mood for a different kind of single-player strategy, the WiiWare™ service shines some Liight on a creative new puzzle-solving game that incorporates color, light and music.

Nintendo DSiWare

Plants vs. Zombies
    Publisher: PopCap Games
    Players: 1
    ESRB Rating: E 10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Animated Blood, Cartoon Violence
    Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points™
    Description: Get ready to soil your plants in the zombie-zapping phenomenon from PopCap. A mob of fun-loving zombies is about to invade your home, and the only defense is your arsenal of home-guardin' plants. You'll have to think fast and plant faster as you fight the fun-dead through day, night and fog, in the swimming pool and on the roof. Dig into five game modes and get more zombie-zapping action in four new mini-games. You can even make your own zombie creation with the Zombatar™! The fun never dies.

Rabi Laby
    Publisher: Agetec, Inc.
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
    Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: Rabi Laby requires teamwork, dedication and the love of a great adventure. Alice is a spunky young girl who adores her fluffy pet rabbit named Rabi. One day Alice was looking for Rabi and finally found him right before he jumped into a small hole in a tree. Without thinking twice, Alice jumped in after him. This is where their magical adventure begins. Alice and Rabi encounter intriguing animals and creatures that may lead them to the exit, or stop them from escaping. Together they will explore and discover things unlike anything they've ever seen before. They must work as a team to find the key and escape each area of the mighty labyrinth. Both Alice and Rabi have their own unique abilities and you must switch between them in order to complete each area and ultimately escape the labyrinth's grasp. The labyrinth awaits you...

5 in 1 Mahjong
    Publisher: cerasus.media
    Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: Play Standard mahjong without all the bells and whistles. You can choose from more than 300 layouts or try different variations of the game. In "Countdown," you only have 20 minutes to clear the tiles. With "Remember," you can train your memory as every tile is only briefly visible. Don't dally in "Shuffle" mode - the board will rebuild itself if you don't make a match in time. In "Match" you simply need to search for particular tiles. The tile images are strikingly sharp, making them easy to recognize. Choose your favorite tile design, plus enjoy the great soundtrack and high-quality animation that create an authentic gaming experience. Challenge yourself with a range of difficult layouts. If you are stuck, hints will help you out.

WiiWare

Liight
    Publisher: Studio Walljump
    Price: 500 Wii Points™
    Description: Liight is a unique, award-winning, puzzle-solving game where you use colored lights and shadows to solve puzzles and make music. Each puzzle in Liight is a unique combination of colored lights and targets arranged on a special board. If you completely cover a target with light of the matching color, the target will glow and play music. A puzzle is solved when all of the targets are glowing and playing music together. Every puzzle makes a different song each time you play. Nonstop mode in Liight is a fast-paced arcade puzzle game that uses the same basic concepts you learn in Solve mode in a constant struggle for a high score. Liight also has a Create mode to make your own puzzles any way you want, and a Share mode to send them to your Wii™ friends using the WiiConnect24™ service.

Mix Superstar (demo version)
    Publisher: Digital Leisure Inc.
    Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 500 Wii Points
    Description: Think you can be the next big music star? Well now you've got all the tools right at your fingertips with Mix Superstar. Create, mix and record your own royalty-free musical masterpieces right on your Wii console. There are more than 1,000 Dance, Hip Hop and Techno loops included across multiple instruments like Drum, Bass, Synth, Guitar and even voice tracks. Once you've got that next hit created, it's time to show it off. Mix Superstar allows you to export your music creations, and download them to your computer so you can take them on the go. You can also use the WiiConnect24 service to send those hits to your Wii friends who own the game, and even collaborate on mixes. Also included is full support for both the Logitech® USB Microphone and the Wii Speak™ accessory (sold separately) so you can lay down your own vocals. Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection Pay & Play service even allows you to enhance your music creation experience with additional loop packs from a variety of genres. Now go on and make some noise.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yay, another excuse to post this and get the song lodged in more heads!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N1_0SUGlDQ

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Liight! FUCKING FINALLY! Ye gods, I've been waiting for that to be released forever. I thought they'd given up on it.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Liight! FUCKING FINALLY! Ye gods, I've been waiting for that to be released forever. I thought they'd given up on it.

That sounds great and all, but where is MDK2? Jinkies, I'm losing my mind.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Personally I want my WiiWare copy of Angry Birds to finally be released. They announced that a while back too.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dammit no VC releases this week

Turkey on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sweet, Plants vs. Zombies is 800 points. Finally something to spend my leftover points on!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The PR is the same for the $20 DS version of Plants vs. Zombies. The thought is that it's basically the same game only $12 cheaper and always at hand, which is nice.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The PR is the same for the $20 DS version of Plants vs. Zombies. The thought is that it's basically the same game only $12 cheaper and always at hand, which is nice.

Oh yeah, I forgot they did a cart release. Wonder why they'd do both.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Oh yeah, I forgot they did a cart release. Wonder why they'd do both.

They did the same for Bookworm, although the DL version has no multiplayer or anything. I don't know what added features are in the cart version of PvsZ, but the DL version shouldn't have them.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: NEW DOWNLOADS TRANSPORT YOU TO THE WRESTLING RING, THE BATTLEFIELD AND BEYOND

March 21, 2011
    Forget about tan lines and beach towels. This spring break, you can download the ingredients for a fun-filled getaway on your Wii™ or Nintendo DSi™ system. Fans of classic 16-bit action can launch themselves into the wrestling ring as Natsume Championship Wrestling™ - a brawny favorite from the Super NES™ era - makes a fresh appearance on the Virtual Console™ service. Other adventuresome offerings include G.G Series D-TANK for the Nintendo DSiWare™ service, which places players on the front lines of a fierce tank battle. Visit the Wii Shop Channel and Nintendo DSi Shop today to browse hundreds of downloadable games, no sunscreen required.

Virtual Console

Natsume Championship Wrestling
    Original platform: Super NES
    Publisher: Natsume Inc.
    Players: 1-4
    ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Violence
    Price: 800 Wii Points™
    Description: Step into the ring. Choose from 12 outrageous wrestlers and bring the pain. Wield the massive power of Asteroid, the lightning-fast strikes of Viper, the underhanded attacks of Phantom and many more madmen of the ring. With its robust grappling system and more than 50 moves to master, Natsume Championship Wrestling delivers the deepest and most realistic wrestling action of the 16-bit era. Test your might against the crafty AI, or up to four players can compete in exhibition, tag team and round-robin matches. (Additional accessories are required for multiplayer mode and are sold separately.)

WiiWare™

Arcade Essentials
    Publisher: Nordcurrent
    Price: 500 Wii Points
    Description: Arcade Essentials is a collection of five classic arcade games. All are presented in a modern reincarnation with enhanced game play, stylish graphics and sound effects. Jump right in, enjoy the nonstop game play and immerse yourself in these popular games as you did many years ago. Discover lots of levels to unlock, plus high score tables and other cool stuff to keep you entertained.

Dive: The Medes Islands Secret (demo version)
    Publisher: Cosmonaut Games
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Violence
    Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 1,000 Wii Points
    Description: Over the past five centuries, hundreds of ships flying every ensign have succumbed to the power of the ocean. Merchant boats, pirate ships, navy vessels - all of them have ended up covered in coral at the bottom of the ocean. They all guarded secrets that remained hidden over the years, secrets that have always been a mystery...until now. In Dive: The Medes Islands Secret, you are John Sanders, a treasure hunter and experienced diver who spends months planning and documenting a major expedition to locate and recover several ships of different ensigns around the world.

Note: Some demo versions do not support all game features, and players cannot save their in-game progress in demo versions.

Nintendo DSiWare

G.G Series D-TANK
    Publisher: Genterprise Inc.
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Cartoon Violence
    Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points™
    Description: You control a tank that can respawn any number of times. The focus of this shooting game is to put your life on the line to successfully carry out a variety of defensive and offensive missions. In defensive missions, you must take out the enemy tanks targeting your base before it is destroyed. In offensive missions, you must capture the enemy's stronghold within the time limit. The key to success in these missions is the strategic use of items such as bombs and special ammo.

Shapo™
    Publisher: Tik Games, LLC.
    Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: Shapo is a challenge that will keep you on the edge. Balance the scales as you place shapes made of different materials. Play more than 150 levels in Classic or Puzzle mode to unlock the greatest wonders of the world. Stunning art brings 15 wonders of the world to life. Enjoy exciting power-ups such as the material bomb and line bomb. Each ball and shape has a different weight, so be careful when placing your pieces. In Classic mode, create lines to remove balls. Match sequential lines and watch the combo multiplier grow. In Puzzle mode, complete increasingly complicated levels by filling the grid with the given balls.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Come and play these arcade essentials that are perfect (not perfect) ports of real (not real) arcade classics that you loved to play! (these aren't them)

I love how the description even knows it's a sham by not actually naming what games are a part of the pack. :lol:

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sure is a good thing that Nintendo doesn't allow garage developers to release games on their systems, otherwise quality like Arcade Essentials might get buried.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah? You're not getting a lot of enjoyment out of it?

I've never heard of Nordcurrent, I assumed they were a garage developer. I don't think you'd be wrong in naming them one.

By the way, don't visit their site, I tried to check them out and I was greeted by a popup that said my computer had a virus. I had to force quit Firefox to be safe.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've never heard of Nordcurrent, I assumed they were a garage developer.

Welp, mystery solved. Nordcurrent's crappy game is the reason Reggie told garage developers to fuck off.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    He didn't, though. He essentially reiterated the company line which is that you need to have an office address that is not the same as your home address, which isn't new information. You might as well say Iwata told you to fuck off 5 years ago.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    He didn't, though. He essentially reiterated the company line which is that you need to have an office address that is not the same as your home address, which isn't new information. You might as well say Iwata told you to fuck off 5 years ago.
    Reggie wrote:
    "Where we've drawn the line is we are not looking to do business today with the garage developer. In our view, that’s not a business we want to pursue."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/33595/Interview_Reggie_FilsAime_On_Garage_Devs_And_The_Value_Of_Software.php

That's a pretty clear-cut "fuck off" right there.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    As it was back when wiiware debuted and devs noticed they couldn't develop for it without having an office address. Standard company line.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's still a very public "fuck off," even if it's not for a new reason.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey man, if they sent there dev kits to just anyone, the system would get cracked wide open and people would be able to freely make and distribute their own apps and run them through and easy to use channel that runs homebrew.
    That's a future Nintendo has cut off at the curb thankfully.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Didn't... didn't that already happen?

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yes. That was the joke.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Xenogear, I think that's the joke.
    Sure is a good thing that Nintendo doesn't allow garage developers to release games on their systems, otherwise quality like Arcade Essentials might get buried.

I was totally gonna go into this whole thing about how even Arcade Essentials as a terrible WiiWare game is better than the terrible XBLIG stuff, and how even though people like you are releasing awesome things on the service, that XBLIG has way more fucking terrible stuff that would make Arcade Essentials and My Notebook look like Geometry Wars or something, and that the office requirement makes sense so that a dude can't just drop a crap game into the store and then be like PEACE...

and then I remembered the flashlight app.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Vyolynce wrote: »

That sounds great and all, but where is MDK2? Jinkies, I'm losing my mind.

Fuck irreversibly overtaking JRPGs. MDK2 will always be Bioware's greatest feat.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Glenn565 wrote: »

Yes. That was the joke.

My sarcasm detector must be malfunctioning. It's been a long day. :(

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What are you guys talking about? Look at how amazing this looks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q05OVKqLFTU

Maybe I should start posting videos for this stuff. The train does need to deliver the goods.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It actually looks like a decent compilation of games.

Even if they rip some of the most classic games off.

RockinX on
  • Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Coming to Japan in April:

* Chrono Trigger (Square Enix, Super Famicom, 900 WiiPoints)
    * Mega Man X (Capcom, Super Famicom, 800 WiiPoints)
    * King of the Monsters 2 (D4 Enterprise, Neo Geo, 900 WiiPoints)

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    pslong9 wrote: »
    Coming to Japan in April:

* Chrono Trigger (Square Enix, Super Famicom, 900 WiiPoints)
    * Mega Man X (Capcom, Super Famicom, 800 WiiPoints)
    * King of the Monsters 2 (D4 Enterprise, Neo Geo, 900 WiiPoints)

Do it Square, I will buy Chrono Trigger again if you release it here.

Also I will so buy King of the Monsters 2! :D

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!