As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the old [Red Dead Redemption] thread. Please lock.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I hope that the pacing of the single player is better than GTA IV (or San Andreas, for that matter). Those games' narratives started out strong, but lost steam about halfway through. I don't want to be stuck doing a ton of missions for people I'd just shoot if I had the ability to (see: Playboy X, the entire Italian mafia saga in GTA IV).

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    there needs to be a zombie mod for this game. Go out hunting all alone, Put a deer down with a single well placed rifle shot, and then as you begin to collect your kill you could swear you heard a moan off in the distance. And it's getting closer. And now theres more than one. You are a full days ride from the nearest town.
    D:

This song would have to be involved somehow.

I like me some zombies, but I think it'd have to be a multiplayer-only feature to really work.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'd like that. 6 vs 10 humans/Zombies maybe in a L4d fashion where you need to get out of nowhere to some specific place, like from the desert to Armadillo. Oh, also, the zombies can ride skeleton horses.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This is why the Jonah Hex movie's turning out so terribly. Not everything needs zombies, you know.

Believe me, nobody thinks zombies are more awesome than this dude right here. But this is not the time, gentlemen. Our zombie game is coming. But our western game is ALMOST HERE.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I hope that theres alot of people that will come after your bounty after it passes, $5000. Isn't that like $50,000 pre-inflation? I've been wondering how you equal post inflation to pre inflation money.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Honestly, I hope at some point they start constantly coming after you. Commit enough crimes and you end up constantly on the run, trying to keep one step ahead of the law. Throw on the Dapper Suit, rob a bank in the meantime, and become some kind of dandy gentleman bandit for as long as possible.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I didn't realize until today that the Free Roam based achievements mandate that it be a public game.

Canceling preorder.

...But, seriously folks, three weeks. And I have the new thread (which looks astonishingly like this thread) ready to go up when we hit 99 pages.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Now, I'm not exactly Captain Multiplayer, so it's entirely possible that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but wouldn't it be possible to set up a public game that just happens to have 16 people from the metatag in a party?

Or 15, and we keep yelling at the one guy to get out. You know, either way.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Probably. But then I couldn't rant about multiplayer-based achievements, and my life needs meaning Jack.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Please God let the nudity thing steer less kids in this game.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Man, if anything, we're gonna get even MORE kids playing because of that. The promise of boobs? SOLD. So yes, pubby games will be full of nothing but L337 G4M3rZ complaining about how bullshit the sniper rifle is, and teenage kids who call you a fag and think it's clever to do the Good, Bad, Ugly "Wahhh wahhhh wahhhhh" every time they shoot you. EVERY. TIME.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm not joining a single game not being hosted by someone on the metatag. That's the one wild, untamed frontier I'm not willing to brave.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I won't be pubbing unless it's with people I know or others on the metatag.

If I have to, I'll just mute voice support and pretend the obnoxious middleschoolers aren't actually there.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Jack don't give them ideas, they might be listening in this very room....*Looks around with darting eyes*

Kadoken on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    think it's clever to do the Good, Bad, Ugly "Wahhh wahhhh wahhhhh" every time they shoot you. EVERY. TIME.

I'm planning to do this.

Well, either this or "YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAWW"

I haven't decided yet.

Edit: Also in the running; "Yippiekayay motherfucker".

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    #1 I was just checking Amazon.com and looking at their pre-order for this. I don't know if it's global, but i'm seeing a $20 gift card to Amazon instead of $10. I don't know if that's worth updating the OP, but something to think about.

#2 Consider this a n00b statement followed by question, but what is the deal with the metatag? I've never seen this before (I've got no friends. :( ), so is it just something you add like you'd add a friend on XBL or what? Please to explain 'cause I wanna be a cowpoker with people who like things.

Love,

beta.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    beta_angel wrote: »
    #1 I was just checking Amazon.com and looking at their pre-order for this. I don't know if it's global, but i'm seeing a $20 gift card to Amazon instead of $10. I don't know if that's worth updating the OP, but something to think about.

#2 Consider this a n00b statement followed by question, but what is the deal with the metatag? I've never seen this before (I've got no friends. :( ), so is it just something you add like you'd add a friend on XBL or what? Please to explain 'cause I wanna be a cowpoker with people who like things.

Love,

beta.

You add the metatag as a friend, then you can view its friends list to see other PA people to play with.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, all preorders on Amazon now get a $20 certificate instead of $10.

You add the metatag to your friends list. Then you can look at all the friends of the metatag and see who's playing RDR, then send them an invite so you can play together. It's just a way of connecting a bunch of people who have an interest in the game. And who, presumably, are awesome.

And Optimus, I would be HONORED to be shot by someone who follows it up with a "Yippiekayay motherfucker".

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Love,

beta.

Holy shit, 20 dollars? I ordered it when it said 10 dollars. I wonder if I'll still get the 20 dollar promotion. I know they give it to you within ten days of the item shipping.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    think it's clever to do the Good, Bad, Ugly "Wahhh wahhhh wahhhhh" every time they shoot you. EVERY. TIME.

I'm planning to do this.

I haven't decided yet.

I'm gonna go ahead and reserve "HI HO SILVER! AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY"

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dashui wrote: »

Love,

beta.

Holy shit, 20 dollars? I ordered it when it said 10 dollars. I wonder if I'll still get the 20 dollar promotion. I know they give it to you within ten days of the item shipping.

Amazon's deal is to give you the best price/promotion that comes up from the time you order the game to the time you received it. So if you preordered when it was $10, they'll bump it up to $20 for you automatically when the time comes.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I reserve "Howdy Pilgrim" Then use my revolver to Eviscerate anyones face who dare opposes me.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If we must say lines when we kill people, I suppose I'm bringing out my best English Bob and going "God save the Queen".

Xagarath on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    "Its just been revoked"

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kadoken wrote: »
    I hope that theres alot of people that will come after your bounty after it passes, $5000. Isn't that like $50,000 pre-inflation? I've been wondering how you equal post inflation to pre inflation money.

rough calculation based on inflation statistics say $117900.76

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I'm planning to do this.

I haven't decided yet.

Every kill I make...

"Nice shootin', Tex!"

"Nice shootin', Tex!"

"Nice shootin', Tex!"

"Nice shootin', Tex!"

"Nice shootin', Tex!"

"Nice shootin', Tex!"

Yeah I don't expect to be allowed in peoples' games for long.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I reserve "Hi Bob" *BLAM* "Bye Bob".

And someone better say "You, Are Not, A God."

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    edited May 2010

You add the metatag to your friends list. Then you can look at all the friends of the metatag and see who's playing RDR, then send them an invite so you can play together. It's just a way of connecting a bunch of people who have an interest in the game. And who, presumably, are awesome.

And Optimus, I would be HONORED to be shot by someone who follows it up with a "Yippiekayay motherfucker".

Got it.

Thanks.

Also: "I'm your huckleberry"

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "Its just been revoked"

:^:

I'm planning to do this.

I haven't decided yet.

I'm gonna go ahead and reserve "HI HO SILVER! AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY"

I call the line @ 2:17

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3120470060764630180#

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I know we'll see whites, mexicans, germans, and chinese. Werent there any black guys in the west?

Kadoken on
  • Options
    Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't know about in the single player game, but I know for sure I saw multiplayer models of African American dudes, one had a top hat.

Continental_Op on
    XBL - TeenageHead
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I know we'll see whites, mexicans, germans, and chinese. Werent there any black guys in the west?

Lord Bowler mofo, plenty of black people out west, especially following the civil war.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Bill Pickett? Bulldogging?

Bah.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Right after you successfully complete a duel "Now...Where all the white women at?"

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    They call him Boss.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The cool thing about the Amazon thing is that it's a 20 dollar gift card, not one of those standard vouchers for another future video game sale.

Not that I'm not spending it on another video game, but I like my freedom.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Im glad to get this, I'm sick of Mw2. First of all, people can use teamwork because theres no kill streaks, second, theres no cheap rockets or "Noob Tubes", Third, with the metatag, I should be able to find a decent game without ass holes.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Im glad to get this, I'm sick of Mw2. First of all, people can use teamwork because theres no kill streaks, second, theres no cheap rockets or "Noob Tubes", Third, with the metatag, I should be able to find a decent game without ass holes.

Death, taxes, and assholes online.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Got it.

Thanks.

Also: "I'm your huckleberry"

I'm going with...

"If you're gonna shoot, shoot - don't talk."

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm curious if there will be a button to twirl your guns about

There was one in MGS3, there should be one here

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Just as an aside, I can't help but think that all this talk of our choice of quotes to use in gameplay is not necessarily discussion of Red Dead Redemption, and therefore possibly not appropriate for this thread.

RDR, however, is a very fine game, and one that I look forward to playing in just a little over two weeks. Does anyone in this thread agree or disagree with that sentiment?

EDIT: I don't think there's a manual gun twirling option, but it does look like Marston automatically does it when you win a quickdraw.

l337CrappyJack on
This discussion has been closed.