As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ITT: 2007 Predictions

• ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Saddam Hussein will rise from the grave to take his position as glorious leader of the anti-Christ confederation.
    And then he'll be eaten by dinosaurs

Zoolander on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jurassic Park has some of my favourite music.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

I love the theme song. Also the one from Forrest Gump. And Schindler's List. The last two make me want to learn how to play the violin.

Leli on
  • QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

Alright, you fake Limey.

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Defender wrote:
    Jurassic Park was cinematic shit, and the sequels were just pandering to the idiocy of people who can be entertained by crappy CG.

i liked the first one okay

Knob on
  • Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I am finally going to get super powers in 2007

i put in a bid on some plutonium and something a guy said would generate gamma radiation of some sort

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Grandaddy DeliciousGrandaddy Delicious Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Knob wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    Jurassic Park was cinematic shit, and the sequels were just pandering to the idiocy of people who can be entertained by crappy CG.

The first one was amazing.

Defender

Why did you not like it

You were a kid, you liked dinosaurs

You are not fooling anyone

You liked it

Your are just trying to be a movie snob

Grandaddy Delicious on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

Alright, you fake Limey.

I have this Canadian friend, right?

And she was like "hey, just try some if this 'u.'"

N-now I can't stop. I...I just gotta keep using it.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited December 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Alright, you fake Limey.

I have this Canadian friend, right?

And she was like "hey, just try some if this 'u.'"

N-now I can't stop. I...I just gotta keep using it.

What are you talking aboot, eh?

Leli on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Laura Dern has a really funny crying face

Her hair was stupid in JP3 though

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Knob wrote:
    Defender wrote:

You know, to be really honest, I could understand the first one being an OK Frankenstein-with-dinosaurs story if you don't make the mistake of reading the book.

As it stands, it's the only movie I've ever walked out of in a theater. I was reading the book at the time and was like halfway through, and about fifteen minutes into it I remember going "jesus fuck they are simplifying the plot and glossing over the characters to cram in more action time, aren't they?"

I went back and watched the whole thing a few years later and confirmed this. Also, they changed the story a lot in that many characters who were supposed to die did not.

Defender on
    edited December 2006
    in 2007 i will be come a media giant

maybe that means i will be rich and powerful and own several companies

maybe it means i will gain 300 pounds and watch lots of movies

WHO KNOWS

Knob on
    edited December 2006
    Defender wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Defender wrote:

You know, to be really honest, I could understand the first one being an OK Frankenstein-with-dinosaurs story if you don't make the mistake of reading the book.

As it stands, it's the only movie I've ever walked out of in a theater. I was reading the book at the time and was like halfway through, and about fifteen minutes into it I remember going "jesus fuck they are simplifying the plot and glossing over the characters to cram in more action time, aren't they?"

I went back and watched the whole thing a few years later and confirmed this. Also, they changed the story a lot in that many characters who were supposed to die did not.

WTF how old are you?

Grandaddy Delicious on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2006
    but you read the book already why would you want the same thing that was in the book

you already know that story

Knob on
    edited December 2006
    Jurassic Park was one of the first movies I've ever seen in a theatre and I completely fell in love with it

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited December 2006
    I have found that I always like the book better. The only thing movie that has come close to making me satisfied is Narnia. Not that shitty first one with the men in beaver costumes.

Leli on
    edited December 2006
    WTF how old are you?

I've been meaning to ask

Why is Quetzi and/or Heather Matarazzo in your sig

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Defender wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Defender wrote:

WTF how old are you?

Don't see how that's coming up, but I bet I'm older than you. Why?
    Knob wrote:
    but you read the book already why would you want the same thing that was in the book

you already know that story

Well I mean it's really not the same thing that was in the book. Also, sometimes I want to enjoy a certain story but I don't have time to read the entire book again. For example, if I want to enjoy Fight Club but I only have two hours, I can't read the whole book, so the movie is a serviceable substitute. And sometimes it's just cool to see another version of the story. I mean, really, if you want to go that route, why read Jurassic Park when you've already read Frankenstein? It's the same story.

Defender on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Leli wrote:
    I have found that I always like the book better. The only thing movie that has come close to making me satisfied is Narnia. Not that shitty first one with the men in beaver costumes.

Fight Club

Still very much worth reading but I think the movie was better.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    edited December 2006
    Doodmann wrote:
    Leli wrote:

Fight Club

I think the book was a little bit better, but I can understand the opinion that the movie was better and I've heard that opinion from a few people.

Defender on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Leli wrote:

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited December 2006
    first film i saw in the theater was the karate kid

Knob on
  • McNallyMcNally Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    kramer and k-fed suicide pact.

McNally on
    believe it or not, i have more important things to do than laugh and clap my hands... reschedule
    bananarocker.gif
    edited December 2006
    Silly Shushi.

And I haven't seen nor read Fight Club.

Leli on
  • QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got Chuck Norris's autograph once. It was at an opening of "Side Kicks".

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
    edited December 2006
    Defender wrote:
    Doodmann wrote:
    Leli wrote:

Fight Club

I think the book was a little bit better, but I can understand the opinion that the movie was better and I've heard that opinion from a few people.

the endings of both were pretty different

i actually like the movie ending better

Knob on
    edited December 2006
    Defender wrote:
    I mean, really, if you want to go that route, why read a new Defender post when you've already read an old Defender post? It's the same story.

Zoolander on
  • BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm going to die.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
    edited December 2006
    there weren't any dinosaurs in frankenstein silly

Knob on
    edited December 2006
    Knob wrote:
    first film i saw in the theater was the karate kid

I think mine was Return of the Jedi or something. That's the earliest one I have heard about, anyway, and my mother says that I kept doing little-kid shit like going "who's that guy?" so she took me home.

Defender on
    edited December 2006
    Defender wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Defender wrote:

WTF how old are you?

Don't see how that's coming up, but I bet I'm older than you. Why?

I was like twelve when that movie came out, I wasn't in the mood to be reading the book before the movie at that point. I assumed you were around my age (I'm 22). I think Jurrasic Park was a landmark film for a bunch of people, probably not for those that had read the book prior, though.

Edit: Return of the Jedi?

Do you need an oxygen tank when you get heated over posts?

Does your walker have wheels?

Grandaddy Delicious on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2006
    Knob wrote:
    there weren't any dinosaurs in frankenstein silly

Oh I guess I saw a different version.

Defender on
    edited December 2006
    Zoolander wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    I mean, really, if you want to go that route, why read a new Defender post when you've already read an old Defender post? It's the same story.

Says a guy whose theme comes from a Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson shitfest. Why see two Ben Stiller movies? Why see two Owen Wilson movies?

Defender on
    edited December 2006
    i think defender may be the same age as me

or at least pretty close

Knob on
    edited December 2006
    Knob wrote:
    i think defender may be the same age as me

or at least pretty close

Yeah, roughly.

Defender on
    edited December 2006
    Defender wrote:
    Zoolander wrote:
    Defender wrote:

Says a guy whose theme comes from a Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson shitfest. Why see two Ben Stiller movies? Why see two Owen Wilson movies?
    I read this post before

Zoolander on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Defender wrote:
    Zoolander wrote:
    Defender wrote:

Behind Enemy Lines? Other than that I agree with you but still find their movies to be decently funny.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    edited December 2006
    Doodmann wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    Zoolander wrote:
    Defender wrote:

Behind Enemy Lines? Other than that I agree with you but still find their movies to be decently funny.
    defender doesn't know anything about funny

Zoolander on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kong wrote:
    someone in SE will convince a long time female friend to have pity sex with them

Yes I will.

Straightzi on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I thought it was dumb how in Jurassic Park, Ian Malcom died. Then in The Lost World, Crichton as all, "Oh. Wait. I changed my mind, he's alive."

Shorty on
This discussion has been closed.