As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BL. Tim Schafer: We made a patch already! Call EA and tell them to post it!

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All I ever did was carry the flag, and hit each fan station in succession. The Face melter thing is pretty over powered.

If you ever see an enemy hero, just spam the lightning strike from the distance. You should be able to kill him before an overheat.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    UK doesn't get this till tomorrow.
    Buying it when I have money.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I mentioned in the previous thread that my 360 suffered Death via E74, so I sent it in about a week and a half before Rocktober 13th. Today I was happy to see my brand new replacement arrive. Unfortunately I didn't realize I'd have to spent a good chunk of time after work trying to get it to work right, but that's another story.

I popped Brütal Legend in and was greeted by the little video that plays before the title screen. Suddenly it freezes and I get an error message that says the system can't read the disc! I checked and there was a big ol' smudge thing on it, and thankfully it rubbed off easily.

I went back and installed the game and watched the whole video intro, but I am tired and have to do unmetal things in the morning (teaching people how to use email is very much not metal), so I will have to wait until tomorrow evening to rock out.

SteevL on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    The scene during which "Through the Fire and Flames" plays is epic.
    EPIC.

Yeah that was pretty kickass.

Also, not sure how many of you guys live in Sanfransico-ish area, but yesterday was pretty crazy. I've been looking forward to this game for months, and the day it hits we get our first real rain and windstorm of the season. It was a sign. :P

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All I want to know is, what do I have to sacrifice to Tim Schafer to get a PC port?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So I can't play right this second, but if anyone has the game handy, can someone confirm to me that certain creatures spawn depending on the time of day?

Kor on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    EPIC.

Also, not sure how many of you guys live in Sanfransico-ish area, but yesterday was pretty crazy. I've been looking forward to this game for months, and the day it hits we get our first real rain and windstorm of the season. It was a sign. :P

Bring the light of Ormagoden to San Francisco!

-Loki- on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kor wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    I just found the "Bring it on Home" solo....

There are no words for the EPICINESS it brings.

I think that's the only one I'm missing.

Top Center of the Selection circle?

Nope, that's the Anvil (hero debuff, they move slow and can't fly).
    Summoning the Zepplin of Lead is the lower left (7 o'clock).

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »
    EPIC.

Bring the light of Ormagoden to San Francisco!

Careful, the Heshers will give you shit for liking Dragonforce.

EDIT - Kor reminded me about How Tainted Coil works, I'm adding it.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, hopefully I have some time to swing by Best Buy tomorrow and pick this up.

Still don't know when I'm going to have any time to play it.

Fuck you, work.

Monger on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow, I think I almost lost my save file. This was only my second time playing and it completely froze when I decided to save and quit. It was on the loading screen right after selecting it and the axe froze and I couldn't even press the guide button. Luckily I didn't lose my file, but has this happened to anyone else? I wonder if I should exchange the disc.

Gilder on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Freezes happen, it's happened to me in Mass Effect and a couple other games, but never killed a save file or anything. Also

Also

Mid-game:
    LAAAAASER PAAAANTHEERRRRRS

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also, since I haven't seen anyone else mention it...

For some reason, I really like the intro of Jack Black and the record store. I watch it pretty much every other time I fire up the game. Especially that "It's not going to just blow your mind... It's going to blow your soul. I totally called that was coming during the pause and said it with him on my first time watching it.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So the drowned dead are realy starting to piss me off. The damn wig enemies do so much damage they tear my melee units to shreads before they can get to them. Are the fire barrons suppose to be the counter to them?

Also who else got the ps3 version and wants to get some multiplayer on?

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So the day for me to play this game finally arrives.

Tomorrow. D:

If you're on male I'll be keen to try out some multi when I get it. I won't worry about spoilers seeing that I've spoiled myself somewhat badly already anyway. :(

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I added a public service announcement from Tim Schafer. It's hints on Stage Battles, and how to not overthink it.

Cantido on
  • Options
    TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I now feel bad that I've barely touched the Double Team feature in the large-scale battles...

no wonder this game was so damn hard.

Trynant on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Trynant wrote: »
    I now feel bad that I've barely touched the Double Team feature in the large-scale battles...

I do that too. It feels like Double Team is just to mess around at first. But they were designed to be powerful.

Also, I mostly just drive around in The Deuce. I never try other cars.

Cantido on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I liked the Psychonauts dance in the opening movie. That was a nice touch.

Also, where did my last 5 hours go?

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cantido wrote: »

I do that too. It feels like Double Team is just to mess around at first. But they were designed to be powerful.

The problem with other cars is that they are not The Deuce. The Deuce does not have this problem.

Admittedly...
    LASER PANTHERS

Trynant on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Cantido wrote: »

I've been mixing it up somewhat by taking short rides on Razorfire Boars. You can get around really fast once you get the hang of riding those bad-boys.

Haven't tamed any tollusks yet, can you ride those?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm past the Dragonforce scene and just did the stage battle for Cradle of Filth - Her Ghost in the Fog. Thought it was a great part to introduce that track. Great fight but on Normal the zerg strat seems to effective. Should have started on brutal but oh well...this game is too awesome for just one playthrough.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been mixing it up somewhat by taking short rides on Razorfire Boars. You can get around really fast once you get the hang of riding those bad-boys.

Those Razorfire boars are probably the fastest way to get around once you get used to their controls. Took me a while to ride one all the way into the sea of black tears for that one trophy/achievement. They don't stand up to well against panther laser fire.

Yes to your question about tollusks. Seems you can tame and ride any land creature including those huge guillotine things near the dry ice mines.

Vray on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Vray wrote: »

Those Razorfire boars are probably the fastest way to get around once you get used to their controls. Took me a while to ride one all the way into the sea of black tears for that one trophy/achievement. They don't stand up to well against panther laser fire.

Yes to your question about tollusks. Seems you can tame and ride any land creature including those huge guillotine things near the dry ice mines.

HINT HINT you have a "summon my animal friends" solo.

EDIT - Which reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWilVPNOTMg

Cantido on
  • Options
    WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I once managed to tame a tullosk the old fashioned way...it was peculiar. You either have to spam the shocker like crazy or combine it with another guitar attack in some way.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just finished the campaign.
    The ending made me so happy.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Am I going crazy or is the Double Fine introduction different each time I start it?

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I should really stop reading this thread until Friday, I don't like waiting :(

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Visti wrote: »
    Am I going crazy or is the Double Fine introduction different each time I start it?

It is :P

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh god where are these bloody boars hiding now? I need to kill some for a side quest. D:

Rizzi on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This game's pretty awesome. It's so worth taking your time to explore and unlock new music.

I give it 4 horns out of 4.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    skippymchaggisskippymchaggis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I must have missed with the attack you need to open the Legends when I first found them, because I didn't figure out how to open them until a comment in the last thread, but having gotten to see some of them yesterday, I like the game even more. It adds a whole new layer of depth.

in general, the story telling has been superb.

i do have one question regarding part of the plot development (mid-game? i'm not done with the story yet):
    I didn't open any of the legends until after i defeated Whytelion, so i felt sort of confused when Eddie was talking about the Sea of Black Tears as if he knew it's history and when he talked about something else in the cutscene while trying to revive Lars, and I don't remember seeing anything that explained any of those aspects ahead of time. was that because i missed the legends until later? or did i miss something else?

skippymchaggis on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I must have missed with the attack you need to open the Legends when I first found them, because I didn't figure out how to open them until a comment in the last thread, but having gotten to see some of them yesterday, I like the game even more. It adds a whole new layer of depth.

in general, the story telling has been superb.

i do have one question regarding part of the plot development (mid-game? i'm not done with the story yet):
    I didn't open any of the legends until after i defeated Whytelion, so i felt sort of confused when Eddie was talking about the Sea of Black Tears as if he knew it's history and when he talked about something else in the cutscene while trying to revive Lars, and I don't remember seeing anything that explained any of those aspects ahead of time. was that because i missed the legends until later? or did i miss something else?
    I figured it was because someone would have explained some of the bad shit that had gone down in the past once shit got serious, and Lita didn't trust little ms gothpants to start with.

And you didn't see this being in quotes >.>

Rizzi on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I think the map is wrong or very confusing.
    http://images.roosterteeth.com/images/4ad6590960ef2_bighugemap.jpg
    Maybe just confusing.
    Also, what is that massive wall on the northern edge of the island, to the east? It seems to be a wall of amps?

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ok I am having a serious problem with this game.

I have the PS3 version and I can't pause the game or get to the map at all. I hit start and select and nothing happens. I can hit the PS button and I get the pause screen. The funny thing is the start and select buttons work fine on every other game I have. Is this a PS3 problem? my controller? a Software Issue? or the game needs an update?

I am up to
    where you break the headbangers out of prison

maybe I haven't went far enough to earn the pause function?

Artoria on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Machismo wrote: »
    Maybe just confusing.
    Also, what is that massive wall on the northern edge of the island, to the east? It seems to be a wall of amps?

That is indeed a wall of amps, and the map is not incorrect, just very confusing. Actually it's not that bad when you play the game.
    dragonsama wrote: »
    Ok I am having a serious problem with this game.

I have the PS3 version and I can't pause the game or get to the map at all. I hit start and select and nothing happens. I can hit the PS button and I get the pause screen. The funny thing is the start and select buttons work fine on every other game I have. Is this a PS3 problem? my controller? a Software Issue? or the game needs an update?

I am up to
    where you break the headbangers out of prison

maybe I haven't went far enough to earn the pause function?

Probably need a software update or something, because the game should have a pause function at that point (it actually is available as soon as you make it out of the first area).

Trynant on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Machismo wrote: »
    Maybe just confusing.

Whats confusing about it? Did you look at the Key at the bottom left?

Also, yes, that is a giant wall of amps.

Kor on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been looking at my finances. I do not believe I will be buying ANY games today. For the foreseeable future, even. Thus, I demand you rock out extra hard for me.

Houn on
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So about the multi player, should i wait and beat the story mode first (because of potential spoilers) or can i jump right in without worrying?

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Blue map wrote: »
    So about the multi player, should i wait and beat the story mode first (because of potential spoilers) or can i jump right in without worrying?

Err, you should do the story mode to the point where you get to the past the snowy area and into the swamp area (hope that isn't spoiling anything). By then you can play multiplayer without worrying about any potential spoilers.

Trynant on
This discussion has been closed.