Options

[Chat] 30

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ok let me put it this way

Let he/she who is not a weeaboo
    Has seriously considered naming their kid after a video game character
    thinks joss whedon is great
    plays or has played an MMORPG for more than 12 hours a week
    or
    studies philosophy

cast the first stone.

p.s.:

You do know on wife swap the "contestants" are encouraged to act out right?
    It's Reality-Fiction.

Ludious on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Any 360 mofucka getting borderlands for the 360 since I'm a consumer whore and now own a copy of it for that system as well.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    from ABC
    When the Heene family aren't chasing storms, they devote their time to scientific experiments that include looking for extraterrestrials and building a research-gathering flying saucer to send into the eye of the storm.

Richard calls Mayumi his 'ninja wife'; she maintains equipment, drives the storm-mobile, films tornadoes and waits with the kids while Richard jumps on his motorbike, heads into the eye of the storm and launches rockets to measure magnetic forces. At home the family are as chaotic as a twister: the kids have no table manners and throw themselves around the house, and while Richard devotes every moment to his research, he expects Mayumi to cook, clean and run the house without any help.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ok. sounds like the kid was indeed never in the balloon

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    But Dr Jones, I have the antidote.

The accidental accuracy of that statement is creepy. D:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I'm not convinced there's any way to not interpret that video as misogynistic.

"Eccentric" is a billionaire blowing 30 mil on a life-sized model train set

Wouldn't that just be a normal train?

Couscous on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    My sympathy for this kid just went out the window, across the rooftops, ran away.

That's a terrible thing to say. No, seriously. The kid's, what, 6? Even if you think his parents are a little weird, how is that his fault?

Luck of the draw really, I mean I'm sure Hitler was a nice guy, I still killed hitler jr. Principals.

The kids a pretentious spoilt brat, but yeah you're right I am being rather critical on him as it's just his upbringing that has made him this way.

But...y'know...if he's like this, and he's ALIVE, you just know he's going to act all cool and manly, when really he'll need slapped across the head a couple of times for causing almost THE ARMY to go out and look for him.

It's going to be the biggest hoax ever. Even Bart would have trouble beating this one.

Let's hope then.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Look man you let your kids accidentally sniff gasoline and get high off it, thats one thing. You potentially let one become a boycake on the ground because they took off in your experimental helium balloon? Not as much sympathy.

Dude even the most watchful of parents can't be there every single minute. My aunt's one of the best moms I know, Corbin still managed to break his collarbone by falling off the porch. Even when they know and understand why they can't do something kids will be stupid sometimes.

If there is one thing you should secure above all else ITS A GOD DAMN BALLOON! I mean this isn't like he let the kid break his teeth on some stairs or something.

If it wasn't this it would have been his rusty cutlery playground set or something.

Also I would figure above all else history supports the idea that children that are not smart enough to live usually don't. I mean thats the most historical accurate way of rearing children.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    My sympathy for this kid just went out the window, across the rooftops, ran away.

That's a terrible thing to say. No, seriously. The kid's, what, 6? Even if you think his parents are a little weird, how is that his fault?

Luck of the draw really, I mean I'm sure Hitler was a nice guy, I still killed hitler jr. Principals.

The kids a pretentious spoilt brat, but yeah you're right I am being rather critical on him as it's just his upbringing that has made him this way.

But...y'know...if he's like this, and he's ALIVE, you just know he's going to act all cool and manly, when really he'll need slapped across the head a couple of times for causing almost THE ARMY to go out and look for him.

It's going to be the biggest hoax ever. Even Bart would have trouble beating this one.

Let's hope then.

Man I wasn't sarcasming you boy, I support calling this kid douche jr.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    from ABC
    When the Heene family aren't chasing storms, they devote their time to scientific experiments that include looking for extraterrestrials and building a research-gathering flying saucer to send into the eye of the storm.

Richard calls Mayumi his 'ninja wife'; she maintains equipment, drives the storm-mobile, films tornadoes and waits with the kids while Richard jumps on his motorbike, heads into the eye of the storm and launches rockets to measure magnetic forces. At home the family are as chaotic as a twister: the kids have no table manners and throw themselves around the house, and while Richard devotes every moment to his research, he expects Mayumi to cook, clean and run the house without any help.

Scientific... yep.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Scripted "reality" TV is harmful because people (kids, the interminably stupid) have a harder time telling that people don't really act like such aggressively slutty morons.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wow Richard sounds like a real winner.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    from ABC

The law of conservation of Ninjitsu clearly states that ninja wives work most effectively alone

Elendil on
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited October 2009
    Couscous wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I'm not convinced there's any way to not interpret that video as misogynistic.

"Eccentric" is a billionaire blowing 30 mil on a life-sized model train set

Wouldn't that just be a normal train?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_1Heq9DM68&feature=player_embedded#

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Scripted "reality" TV is harmful because people (kids, the interminably stupid) have a harder time telling that people don't really act like such aggressively slutty morons.

Are you telling me I shouldn't learn how to find a mate from VH1?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    sleep
    in
    their clothes

I sleep in my clothes

Can I sleep in your clothes?

no you may not

especially when they're still warm for your man heat

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I call into question any synopsis, or anything taken from the production, or to promote the production of Wife Swap, because it is fictional.

You can insult the family's decision to go on the show, sure. But it's mostly an act. I've seen many episodes of that show out of sheer schadenfreude. It's about as fake as it gets.

I cannot believe I am being the voice of reason right now.

Seriously guys this sucks ass.

Ludious on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A coworker just showed me this forum.

Not enough D:

Deep down I hope that whole forum is a hoax.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Let's hope then.

Man I wasn't sarcasming you boy, I support calling this kid douche jr.

Heh sorry Preacher I wasn't actually meaning to quote you, I was quoting Passerbye's comment. Sorry ^_^

WMain00 on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Look man you let your kids accidentally sniff gasoline and get high off it, thats one thing. You potentially let one become a boycake on the ground because they took off in your experimental helium balloon? Not as much sympathy.

Dude even the most watchful of parents can't be there every single minute. My aunt's one of the best moms I know, Corbin still managed to break his collarbone by falling off the porch. Even when they know and understand why they can't do something kids will be stupid sometimes.

If there is one thing you should secure above all else ITS A GOD DAMN BALLOON! I mean this isn't like he let the kid break his teeth on some stairs or something.

If it wasn't this it would have been his rusty cutlery playground set or something.

Also I would figure above all else history supports the idea that children that are not smart enough to live usually don't. I mean thats the most historical accurate way of rearing children.

Technically baby fences are secure. They fall over all the time. Technically the sliding door to the backyard is locked, doesn't mean the kids aren't going to sneak out there while mommy's in the bathroom. Technically daddy's told them a thousand times that they can't play with his 'science' stuff, doesn't mean they're gonna listen.

Kids are sneaky, self-destructive little buggers, no matter how smart they are.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

Not enough D:

yeah uh

it is

Elendil on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Not enough D:

Poe's law.

It is a parody.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I can't find a single article on Fox News about the congress rape bill...shocking.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Is it wrong that I never felt sympathy for the kid in the first place on account of this? Jumping into a prototype cardboard ballonship doesn't seem to be the brightest fucking thing in the world to do, even if he's 6.

Havelock on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    getting undressed seems like a lot of unnecessary ceremony
    Getting dressed seems like a lot of unnecessary ceremony.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Not enough D:

It is.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been trying to think of a name for my company for about three months now, and I'm becoming physically angry because of how frustrating it is. Everything I think of is taken or someone has just bought up the site to be a fucking dick.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Johannen wrote: »
    I've been trying to think of a name for my company for about three months now, and I'm becoming physically angry because of how frustrating it is. Everything I think of is taken or someone has just bought up the site to be a fucking dick.

Nameless Engines Inc

WMain00 on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Feral wrote: »

Not enough D:

It is.

The CrossWalk forums, however, are not.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay good.

Never seen it before so I was hoping.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's funny how you guys will down others for supporting the idea of Social Darwinism but you're all wallowing in it right now. No, actually I'm eating it up.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I think if I jumped into a balloon I would bring the soundtrack to the end of Willy Wonka with me

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Technically baby fences are secure. They fall over all the time. Technically the sliding door to the backyard is locked, doesn't mean the kids aren't going to sneak out there while mommy's in the bathroom. Technically daddy's told them a thousand times that they can't play with his 'science' stuff, doesn't mean they're gonna listen.

Kids are sneaky, self-destructive little buggers, no matter how smart they are.

This is like a dumb ass redneck with an unlocked up firearm. You do that and come home to find bubba jr with his head blown off, well you bear a little bit more responsibility than just "Boys will be boys."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    It's funny how you guys will down others for supporting the idea of Social Darwinism but you're all wallowing in it right now. No, actually I'm eating it up.

I love social darwinism. This is just supporting my usual stance.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

So hire a name consultant.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Havelock wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I never felt sympathy for the kid in the first place on account of this? Jumping into a prototype cardboard ballonship doesn't seem to be the brightest fucking thing in the world to do, even if he's 6.

I'm sure the kid is devastated that he doesn't live up to the rigorous standards of dicks on a games forum.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Nameless Engines Inc

I actually like that, except I will not be selling engines and the artists won't be nameless. :(

Johannen on
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    jacobkosh wrote: »

I'm sure the kid is devastated that he doesn't live up to the rigorous standards of dicks on a games forum.

We can't all be Oprah.

Havelock on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    jacobkosh wrote: »

As he should be. Wait are you making fun of us again jacob?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There's no social darwinism going on. All evidence points to the father being a sociopath and abusive, and the kids seem all but headed into libertarian fuckwadery. If the kid is dead, I feel bad because he could have changed his act around, but that's pretty much it. If he is not dead, the father should go to jail.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.