As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AusPAX Thread IV - PERTH DrunkPAX - December 12 - Details in OP!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Or you just go to the $10 CD shop.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Fallout wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    HONORARY AUSTRALIANS:
    - Vivixenne (because I've got some Australian in me every so often)

lol

Oh my God ahahaha I can't believe I didn't get that the first time I saw it.

Ahahahahahahahaahh

Viv you are a genius.

Brilliant

aww you guys took AGES seeing that :P

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    New thread title does not deliver, hailed a national embarrassment.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    BITE ME

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i think it's inspired.

(It should be "an iSnack 2.0" though).

Butler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Haha it's pretty funny now actually.

(but yes make it an "an")

edit: Butler it was slightly different before

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Haha it's pretty funny now actually.

(but yes make it an "an")

edit: Butler it was slightly different before

No change, Rotcodd! No change!

Butler on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    this new thread title is fantastic

especially because the foreigners will have no idea what it's about

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Australian citizenship test question #78: explain the controversy surrounding "iSnack 2.0"

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    what'd they change it to?

I only paid attention to the massive backlash

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    cheesy bite, I believe

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    genericism triumphs over quirky humour once again

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That was not quirky humour.

It was someone following a pretty shit craze.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    it was making a fun of a shit craze with a humourous name that was satirical in its obvious redundancy and absurd juxtaposition of food product and technological naming conventions

it wasn't exactly genius but fuck man, cheeseybite? really?

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    IT WAS

A FUCKING

MARKETING STUNT

it look at how it's working

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    i thought they knew it would draw attention for its ridiculousness, i don't think they could ever have expected just how vocal the boring majority would be

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    No-one got the damn joke

it was excellent

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    bsjezz wrote: »
    i thought they knew it would draw attention for its ridiculousness, i don't think they could ever have expected just how vocal the boring majority would be

dude they knew exactly what they were doing.

from the time they announced a "milder flavour" to "appeal to other markets"

they were expecting die hards to flip their shit and guess what

#pipe on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    they should have compromised with 'cheese e-byte'

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Air wrote: »
    they should have compromised with 'cheese e-byte'

you should be ashamed of that

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You know what? I was there at the AFL grand final when they apparently "announced" the name of it.

Didn't actually hear what it was called until Monday.

Blake T on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i heard it on the radio

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey guys how much does it cost to go to a dentist cause I kind of need to see one soon since my mouth is in a tremendous amount of pain right now

it's a retarded question but I haven't been to a dentist in like 15 years sooo~

Oden on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    well what's wrong with your teeth?

I went a couple months ago, got charged for a generic check up, tooth scaling and an extraction in the chair plus additional what have yous like anesthetic and assistant time and so forth

and the total bill was ~$300

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I either have an awkwardly placed ulcer in my mouth or an infection where my brand new wisdom tooth has popped up

Oden on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    oh well

I mean you're looking at a minimum of $80-$100

and you might end up needing to spend much, much more than that

but usually if it's something big and expensive, it doesn't happen on the first visit. They'll send you off for xrays or whatever and you can take as long as you want between visits

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    My sister had $3k worth of dental work when she was a teenager, that's enough for both of us

I might go get a check up before I leave if this doesn't go away in the next couple of days

Oden on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    for some reason i usually get around to seeing the dentist around exam times

i think its trying to procrastinate guilt free
    'cant study today this toothache ive had for the past 3 months cannot wait another week so i better get it checked out'

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been through a lot of crap with my teeth, doctors wanted $2000 for me to go under the knife and remove 4 wisdom teeth because they were burrowed into the jaw and I needed to get it scraped out. So rather than dishing out 2000 clams, I let nature take it's course and I expected them to just come out. How very fucking wrong I was. Turns out both my lower wisdom teeth were on an angle and pushing into my other teeth, being that there was nothing supporting the back tooth, it split open and my entire mouth felt like someone had driven a nail into my jaw ( and yes I have had a nail in my foot before )

I thought I could bare the pain by getting lots of pain killers, antiseptic and clove ointment. I did not make it very far on these remedies. Eventually it was like chewing razors everytimeI moved my mouth and I woke up late at night in excruciating pain, I was blacking out and biting into my pillow to ease the pain. This did not work too well, so I dabbed a combination of tea tree oil, also a bit of clover oil onto the offending tooth and downed some asprin. This did not help as the broken open tooth was cutting into the gum. I pulled out my toolbox and bashed out the half of the tooth that was causing the problem. Eventually it went from sharp pain to burning hell and I doused the back of my mouth with whiskey and layed there awake and numb with a headache and the taste of jack and copper in my mouth.

Turns out the guy next to me heard my pain and thought it was the next door neighbour.

Lesson time kids : Give your pains to someone who can treat them, it's really not worth going through this crap.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    you're pretty dumb you know

Oden on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's one of the dumbest things I've ever done.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    jesus christ Daniel what the hell

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You know what I hear?

That incest is super popular in western australia.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That's Tasmania you idiot.

theSquid on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    #pipe wrote: »

You appear to be outraged that a company pulled off a publicity stunt, as if nothing of the sort has ever happened before.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Also goddamn Waka what in the holy fuck?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    #pipe wrote: »

You appear to be outraged that a company pulled off a publicity stunt, as if nothing of the sort has ever happened before.

I'm not outraged at all by what the company did

I'm outraged that the public bought it hook, line and sinker

for 2 days, a good 50% of my facebook news feed was about fucking vegemite

and here we are, months later, still talking about it

advertising by outrage

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh yeah, that is annoying I suppose.

*profound quote about the masses*

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    who cares its fucking vegemite

I cant even open my mouth to eat any right now

Oden on
This discussion has been closed.