As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - Recruitment finished, thanks to those who applied

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Doesn't Dazed status auto-end a grab?

Cause if not, I would have slid it.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How many action points do I have? Not sure if it's just one or if I may have picked up whatever the previous player had left over when I replaced him.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Akarr is down? Have no fear! Thud will drop a Healing power next turn.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Everyone starts with an action point after an extended rest, so Ryadic you have one.

I have a cousin down till Tuesday from interstate, so my apologies but the update won't be till after the weekend.

Kelor on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No worries :P .

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So, should I go after the large ooze? He looks like he's probably close to death just by doing math off the top.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Aieldar pulls back an arrow and lets it fly at the ooze, taking his time to make the shot.

Someone make a careful strike roll, please?

And if you think I should use my action point, let me know.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Careful Attack vs AC (ranged).: 1d20+11 27 1d10+4 7

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Big day today guys, I am ready to pass out on my feet.

Will have an update for you as of the morning. I'd squeeze it out tonight but I am bushed.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The larger ooze, having downed one of it's prey turns it's bulk towards this new threat, Samhradh and lashes an acidic tentril against his unprotected forearm leaving a slimy trail of burning liquid over it.
    Large Ooze:
    Start of turn takes 5 fire damage from Thud's Brand.
    Start of turn takes 10 damage from Mindartis' Fiery Sphere.
    Standard action: Slam on Samhradh.

Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs AC = 21. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d10+4 = 11.
    The ooze to the south continues to pursue Samhradh but even in the rocky area the Wilden is able to avoid it's grasping tendrils as he moves to aid his companion.
    Lurking Ooze B:
    Standard action: Bone Melt on Samhradh
    Attack roll: 1d20+10 (Flanking) vs Fortitude = 16. Miss.

The ooze dogging Aieldar squeezes through the rock expanse of the cavern, trailing acid dripping limbs across him which burn his flesh.
    Lurking Ooze A:
    Minor action: Shift two squares to L11.
    Standard action: 1d20+8 vs Fortitude = 23. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d6+6 = 10.

Okay, almost there now guys.

Ryadic, make sure to take your saving throw against the Fortitude penalty since it's easier for the ooze to hit you while you have it.

Stats
    Nex
    HP 29/29
    AC 20; Fort 12; Reflex 17; Will 16

Akarr:
    HP 18/37
    AC 19; Fort; 15 Reflex; 14 Will; 15

Thud:
    HP 25/38
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 13 Will; 17

Samhradh:
    HP 14/49 Bloodied
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 16 Will; 15

Mindartis:
    HP 29/29
    AC; 18 Fort; 12 Reflex; 17 Will; 15

Aieldar:
    HP 15/36 Bloodied
    AC 18; Fort 12; Ref 17; Will 15 -4 to Fortitude (Save ends),

Large Ooze (O9)
    HP 11/150 Bloodied
    AC 17; Fortitude 19; Reflex 19; Will 18 +3 to all attacks against this creature till the end of the encounter.
    Stench Aura aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Action Points 0
    Slam (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs AC; 1d10 + 4 acid damage, and the jelly makes a secondary attack
    +6 vs Fortitude; the target is immobilized (save ends)
    Double Attack (standard; at-will) The large ooze makes two slam attacks.
    Attach (minor; at-will) • Acid Targets an immobilized creature; +8 vs Fortitude; -1 the target is grabbed (escape ends). While the target is grabbed, that creature takes 8 acid damage at the start of its turn, and when the Large Ooze is hit by an attack, the Large Ooze takes half damage from the attack and the grabbed creature takes the other half
    Acrid Stench (when first bloodied) • Acid, Zone Close burst 2; +6 vs Fortitude; 1d10 + 4 acid damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of its next turn. The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. The zone is difficult terrain to creatures other than the large ooze
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The large ooze shifts 2 squares.

Lurking Ooze A (D14)
    HP 56/56
    AC 18; Fortitude 16; Reflex 18; Will 16
    Stench aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Bone Melt (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs Fortitude; 1d6 + 6 acid damage, and the target takes a cumulative -2 penalty to Fortitude each time it hits (save ends)
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The gray ooze shifts 2 squares.

Lurking Ooze B (L6)
    HP 20/56 Bloodied
    Stench aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Bone Melt (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs Fortitude; 1d6 + 6 acid damage, and the target takes a cumulative -2 penalty to Fortitude each time it hits (save ends)

Map:
    Area5-Round4.jpg

Features:
    Illumination: Dim light. When making an attack, unless you have Low-Light vision or something similar, you take a -2 penalty to the attack due to concealment. Creating a source of light of some sort will work as well.

Difficult Terrain: Squares with a triangle in the bottom right corner are difficult terrain and requirement two points of cover to move through. You may only enter a square of difficult terrain if you have enough movement to complete the action. As shifting only moves you one square, you are unable to shift through difficult terrain unless you are shifting in multiples of two.

Up Next: The Crew.
    On Deck: Oozes of all shapes and sizes

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Responding to the pain of the lash, Samhradh punches the large ooze with his sword, followed by a fist of wind. The backlash of the attack catches the smaller ooze and forces it to fall a few paces back.

Gale Strike vs AC: 1d20+8 23 2d8+4 7

Slide the small ooze to K-6

Mark the large ooze.

Still think dazed effect should have saved Akarr.

Brody on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Nex, still not wanting to get close to these things, throws another shroud-empowered shadow noose at the small Ooze near Samhradh. It connects, pulling large chunks away and leaving the ooze barely alive [19 vs Fort Hit, 15 damage, choosing not to pull].

We got 5hp on the small one and 4hp on the big one; let's finish this thing 8-) .

susan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Behold Thud's turn of Healing and Killing!

Thud sees his valiant ally do down and vows, "Moradin take ye, ya blasted pile o' goo!" Thud winds up his craghammer again and slams it home! The divine radiance that previously suffused the heavy head of the hammer, transfered itself to Akarr's prone form. Moradin's blessing did its job, and the Dragonborn's eyes opened.

Not wanted to leave his other friends in the lurch, Thud directs more of Moradin's healing energies towards Samhradh.

Standard Action: Healing Strike vs. Large Ooze
    1d20+8 = 21 + 3 (Akarr) = 24 HIT!!! 2d10+7 = 23 DEAD!!!
    Akarr can spend a healing surge and gain an extra +3 (Healers Lore) HP

Minor Action: Healing Word on Samhradh: Samhradh can spend a healing surge and regain an extra 1d6+3 = 7 Hit Points
    [strike]Minor Action: Healing Word on Aiedlar: Aiedlar can spend a healing surge and regain an extra 1d6+3 = 8 Hit Points
    [/strike] Thanks to Dac, I was reminded that Healing Word is once per round.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just poking around because of the recruitment in the title, but thought I'd ask Steelhawk:

Doesn't Healing Word say you can only use it once per round?

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Does it? Gah! You are right! Thanks Dac, my mistake. Fixed.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Akarr gasps and sputters as he regains consciousness, spitting up some blood and wiping the excess from his snout with the back of his hand.

Looking over at the bubbling pile of ooze where the large gelatinous beast once "stood", a toothy grin spread across Akarr's face.

"About damn time" he groaned, as he strained to rise to his feet and take stock of the remaining ooze beasts. Still uneasy on his feet, Akarr did his best to stabilize himself and reached for his crossbow, taking aim and loosing a bolt at the nearest slimy fiend.

Move Action: Stand up
    Minor Action: Reach for Repeating Crossbow
    Standard Action: Ranged Basic Attack on Ooze at K6

Attack Roll: 1d20+3+1=9 vs AC, miss!

Akarr curses under his breath as the bolt flies high and plinks off the cave wall harmlessly.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'll spend my surge and not be almost dead. 24+17=39

Brody on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Mindartis sweeps his orb around to the ooze reaching for Samhradh and slams it into the creature, burning away the last remnants of it and leaving it a puddle on the ground.
    Minor action: Sustain Orb
    Movement action: Move Sphere adjacent to the lower ooze.
    Standard action: Fiery Sphere to attack the ooze.

Attack roll: 1d20+7 vs Reflex = 26. Hit!
    Damage roll: 2d6+5 = 9.

The ooze goes down!

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So what's left?

Map image blocked at work.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Little slime up top at 20 hp is all thats left.

Brody on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    For me to heal myself, I have to use second wind, right? Is that a minor action?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    In combat, you either have to Second Wind, which is a standard action for everyone but dwarves. This gives you your surge value in HP, plus 2 to all you defenses for a round. Leaders, like the lovely Thud or Akarr, have the ability to let you spend additional healing surges.

Out of combat, you can spend healing surges all willy nilly if you like, but until an extended rest, what you have is what you have.

Brody on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I tried to give you the chance to spend a surge and get some extra HP out of it on my last turn, but somebody had to go and tell me the rules. Pfft.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Aieldar flinches as the acid from the ooze burns his flesh. The smell of his own flesh burning floats to his nose and his stomach begins to do flips at the stench. He draws an arrow and let's it fly at the large ooze.

Can someone roll a Careful Shot on the large ooze hoping to finish him off? Also someone make a saving throw for me, too?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Howdy folks. Kelor's brought me on as your replacement controller, and it looks like I'm joining you as soon as you're done with this fight.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Welcome! Are you taking over as Mindartis, or another character?

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    A different character.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Farangu wrote: »
    Howdy folks. Kelor's brought me on as your replacement controller, and it looks like I'm joining you as soon as you're done with this fight.

Nooooooooo!

susan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You...you shuddup now if you want yer purty lil' Vista to see tomorrah, heah? :D

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    :)

I do find it hilarious that you are now in all of my games here.

susan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It was meant to be.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Aieldar flinches as the acid from the ooze burns his flesh. The smell of his own flesh burning floats to his nose and his stomach begins to do flips at the stench. He draws an arrow and let's it fly at the large ooze.

Can someone roll a Careful Shot on the large ooze hoping to finish him off? Also someone make a saving throw for me, too?

You're going to eat an attack of opportunity if you attack the ooze from there Ryadic. But then since you can't shift you're going to eat one if you try to move away as well and given the Fort penalty you have at the moment it'll probably hit you.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kelor wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »

You're going to eat an attack of opportunity if you attack the ooze from there Ryadic. But then since you can't shift you're going to eat one if you try to move away as well and given the Fort penalty you have at the moment it'll probably hit you.

The large Ooze is dead. Thud got it on his last turn, do you mean the smaller Ooze?

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    susan wrote: »
    Farangu wrote: »

Nooooooooo!

Heh. The two D&D games I play in have just gotten very incestuous. :)

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The large Ooze is dead. Thud got it on his last turn, do you mean the smaller Ooze?

Yes, the last ooze is sitting next to him at the moment.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh, I thought the large one was still alive. Then I'll use a second wind and saving throw, then.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You wanted someone to roll your save?

Saves!: 1d20 6

Brody on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    The ooze continues to weaken it's prey for feeding, however Mindartis manages to avoid most of the acid laden feelers.
    Lurking Ooze:
    Stanard action: Bone Melt on Aieldar.
    Attack roll: 1d20+8 = 27. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d6+6 = 7.

One to go!

Stats
    Nex
    HP 29/29
    AC 20; Fort 12; Reflex 17; Will 16

Akarr:
    HP 14/37 Bloodied
    AC 19; Fort; 15 Reflex; 14 Will; 15

Thud:
    HP 25/38
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 13 Will; 17

Samhradh:
    HP 39/49
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 16 Will; 15

Mindartis:
    HP 29/29
    AC; 18 Fort; 12 Reflex; 17 Will; 15

Aieldar:
    HP 17/36 Bloodied
    AC 18; Fort 12; Ref 17; Will 15 -6 to Fortitude (Save ends),

Lurking Ooze A (D14)
    HP 56/56

Map:
    Area5-Round5.jpg

Features:
    Illumination: Dim light. When making an attack, unless you have Low-Light vision or something similar, you take a -2 penalty to the attack due to concealment. Creating a source of light of some sort will work as well.

Difficult Terrain: Squares with a triangle in the bottom right corner are difficult terrain and requirement two points of cover to move through. You may only enter a square of difficult terrain if you have enough movement to complete the action. As shifting only moves you one square, you are unable to shift through difficult terrain unless you are shifting in multiples of two.

Up Next: The Crew.
    On Deck: Oozes of all shapes and sizes
    [/QUOTE]

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nex dashes up [Move to L7], carefully plugging his nose, and throws an empowered noose at the slime that rips a good chunk free [24 vs Fort Hit, 15 Damage, no pull].

susan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thud, having had his fill of Ooze scent for a while, stands pat and unleashes a Lance of Faith at the remaining Ooze. Unfortuneatly, is passes wide. "Aw, rocks." Thud complains.

Move Action: -
    Standard: Lance of Faith vs. Ooze MISS!!
    Minor Action: Healing Word on Aiedlar: The Elf can spend a surge and regain an extra 5 HP

Steelhawk on