Dissidia: Phinal Phallacy
Welcome to the world of Dissidia: Phinal Phallacy, a world torn asunder by the endless struggle between the forces of Harmony and Discord. However, the power of Harmony is fading, and the stage is set for a final resolution as Chaos, God of Discord leads his armies to crush what remains of the forces of light. Although knowledge of the game is unnecessary, I've tried to translate the combat mechanics from the game into a form that will at least somewhat agree with phalla. This game will have loads of fancy shmancy HP, attack mechanics available to everyone, and a rough approximation of the "bravery" system. That said, people farmiliar with the game will know all to well how quickly things like "breaks" can cause damage to ramp up quickly, but the lethality of the game will largely be left to the players, and shouldn't get to out of hand.
- There's 2 main things you need to keep track of, HP, and Bravery. HP is, unsurprisingly enough, how much health your character has, if it drops to 0, you die. Bravery is a measure of your strength, and shows how much damage you deal when you attack another players HP. If it drops to 0 at any time, you will enter the "Break" state, and whoever caused you to go into that state will get a sizeable bonus to their bravery. Each player will also get a speed value, this is used to determine order of actions.
- Each night, you can choose to take one of four actions:
- HP Attack: Attack a target and deal HP damage equal to your bravery. On a successful attack, your bravery is decreased by the amount of damage you dealt - 1, but will start refilling to your base bravery value, and will finish refilling after your next action (Your bravery will not be available for use in attacks on the following night). Also inflicts minor brave damage.
- Brave Attack: Attack a target and leach bravery from them. This will cause no HP damage, but will lower their bravery and increase yours.
- Dodge: You will attempt to dodge all incoming attacks. 70% base chance to dodge an incoming attack.
- Block: You attempt to block all incoming attacks. 70% chance of blocking and reducing HP and Bravery damage by half. 20% of all blocks are perfect blocks which will cause you to take no damage, and cause the opponent to lose their ability to act on the next night.
This section thieved from Mr.Blarney's Dr. Lucky Phalla OP
Game Days / Vote Close / Action Close
Vote closes and all actions are due at 7PM PDT / 10PM EDT / 2AM UTC. Any actions or votes made before the hour (x:59) will count, while actions or votes made on the hour or later (x:00) will not count.
Post in bold lime
your intent to sign up for the game. This game is intended to be played with 64 players, although there's some downwards flexibility. After 64 players have signed up reserves will be taken.
The fate of the world is resting on YOUR shoulders... don't squander this golden opportunity to be a hero. Failure to submit any actions will result in taking no action, and a warning if no vote was made. After 2 warnings, Inactivus will gladly feast upon your soul in the void.
Any questions about the game's rules may be made by highlighting the question in bold orange
text. Questions specific to individual abilities or items may be asked privately via PM to TehSloth. Please note that there may be mechanics or details which will not be answered and kept hidden until the end of the game.
Standard Phalla rules apply: no sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots and direct quotation. However, information may be shared indirectly, such as through rephrasing. No anonymous contact is allowed. All messages must be traceable to a player in the game. Play nice.
If any players create 'proboards' for private communication, please send a link for it to the host.
Questions and Answers
Block is determined first at 70%, then if the block is successful then there's a 20% chance of it being a perfect block.
is it 70% for 1/2 damage and 20% for no damage making it 90% something block vs 10% hit or is it 50% block + 20 % complete block = 70% overall block?
You will know that you were attacked and how damage was done, attacks may not be given in the order they occurred.
How much information will we learn if we are attacked or targeted by some other ability?
Brave attacks will leach half of your base Bravery value (rounded-down).
How much bravery will be gained with a brave attack?
This game is currently designed around having 64 players.
38. [strike]Lucedes[/strike] Rawkking Goodguy
50. Mr. Defecation
8. Toxic Toys
24. That Dave Fella
29. Romantic Undead
35. cj iwakura
42. Fluffy, Our Beloved Flopsy Bunny Friend
49. [strike]DasUberEdward[/strike] enlightenedbum