As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Difficulty level of Kingdom Hearts on DS

defreakdefreak Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Anyone know if the DS version of Kingdom Hearts is easier than the PS2 version?

I am asking for my wife, because she loves the concept of the game (she loves games where you basically just smash buttons and do cool moves to hit bad guys, and she loves Disney) but she had a hard time playing the PS2 version.

Just for reference, she had a lot of success playing the Spyro games (which she loved), the difficulty level was just right, not too easy, not too hard.

defreak on

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kingdom Hearts DS has 3 difficulty levels to choose from. I picked easy and there were still some annoying fights periodically (though maybe that is my problem.)

The main thing about KH DS is that individual fights take a long time. Enemies have way too much health. I would say it is not any more difficult than the PS2 ones but it feels like the devs went "oh crap, this game is too short, double the enemies' HP." Lots of fights that are not all that tough but are still annoying.

From what I hear they had even more HP in the Japanese one.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also, if one of the reasons she loves Kingdom Hearts is the Disney element then you may want to steer clear of 358/2 Days. The plot more or less requires that you have played both KHII and KH:CoM in order to understand what's going on, and the focus is on Organization XIII, NOT Disney.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    From what I hear they had even more HP in the Japanese one.

Oh god I don't even want to imagine. A couple early bosses in this game just took for goddamn ever.

And, yeah, what Fig-D said. The only Disney character that gets any real face time is a minor Hercules character. The rest were in and out faster than a prom date, and usually with less lines.

Hevach on