As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ready to be locked up at Impel Down it's the [Old One Piece Thread]

• Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There are like a billion things that are technically shonen! It's a vague as hell definition with tons of entries.

Also whenever the anime thread is talking about things I don't care about I go with the simple solution of trying to change the subject by talking about something I do care about. Doesn't always work but hey at least I can say I tried.

Slicer on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Slicer wrote: »
    There are like a billion things that are technically shonen! It's a vague as hell definition with tons of entries.

Also whenever the anime thread is talking about things I don't care about I go with the simple solution of trying to change the subject by talking about something I do care about. Doesn't always work but hey at least I can say I tried.

I try that so often. Never works.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Slicer wrote: »

I try that so often. Never works.

Well it usually works when I do that so I don't know what to tell you!

Slicer on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Obviously it's because more people like Mario than Luigi.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Obviously it's because more people like Mario than Luigi.

It's subtle racism.

This new chapter looks promising. I'm curious as to who Luffy will avoid fighting next.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    SpectreSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    New Chapter spoilers:
    Squad, or whatever that guy's name is, was a New World captain who WB called when he was preparing for the big push. His crewmates reported that he had gone missing. I wonder what his motivation for stabbing WB is. I doubt the "strongest man in the world" is down for the count, though.

Spectre on
    gst+spectre.png
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Spectre wrote: »
    New Chapter spoilers:
    Squad, or whatever that guy's name is, was a New World captain who WB called when he was preparing for the big push. His crewmates reported that he had gone missing. I wonder what his motivation for stabbing WB is. I doubt the "strongest man in the world" is down for the count, though.
    If he stabbed him right in big chest wound he could be. It would be kind of weird for a guy to come out of the blue and kill Whitebeard though.

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If he stabbed him right in big chest wound he could be. It would be kind of weird for a guy to come out of the blue and kill Whitebeard though.
    Well, either he had ulterior motives when he answered WB's call (Such as becoming the next Yonkou), he's secretly working for either Kaidou or the fourth Yonkou, or Doflamingo is controlling him.

Lynx on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    So new chapter spoilers:
    Oh Buggy.....

Totally called Dragon and his men taking a hand in this.

It makes sense, now is the perfect time to do something while the WG's forces are mostly tied up at Marinford.
    Once the full spoilers came out, it looks like the revolutionaries bit isn't the case.
    I'm sticking with it. We've still had nothing explained about who cracked open the Gates of Justice for Luffy and co.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So new chapter spoilers:
    Oh Buggy.....

It makes sense, now is the perfect time to do something while the WG's forces are mostly tied up at Marinford.
    Once the full spoilers came out, it looks like the revolutionaries bit isn't the case.
    I'm sticking with it. We've still had nothing explained about who cracked open the Gates of Justice for Luffy and co.

That?
    It was White Beards ship wasn't it? I figured he quaked it open and it was left that way .

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That?
    It was White Beards ship wasn't it? I figured he quaked it open and it was left that way .

I think Whitebeard and co. came under the Red Line through Fishman Island. The Gates of Justice connect Marineford to Impel Down and Eines Lobby, and I don't think Whitebeard had any need to take that route.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What's up you clowns?

I see you didn't burn the house down. Yay!

Godfather on
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    New chapter spoilers:
    My money is on Doflamingo puppet mastering the dude. Granted I still don't even know his powers, but that seems most likely. Wouldn't explain why Squad was talking weird and ranting though...

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I dunno (more new chapter talks)
    I'd think doflamingo would still have his his hands full with croc. It's not like he could possibly dispatch croc THAT easily.

My guess is that this "squad" guy had planned to try this from the start. If there's one thing we've seen from this arc, it's that there's plenty of people who want Whitebeard dead.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    risumon wrote: »
    New chapter spoilers:
    My money is on Doflamingo puppet mastering the dude. Granted I still don't even know his powers, but that seems most likely. Wouldn't explain why Squad was talking weird and ranting though...
    Yea, that's clearly not it. People talk normally when they're being puppetted. Unless you're saying he wanted to kill whitebeard AND donflamingo was making him kil whitebeard at the same time?

NotYou on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So new chapter spoilers:
    Oh Buggy.....

That?
    Wasn't that Mr.1 when he took the form of Magellan?

As for Whitebeard they were under water, so i assume they went under the door. Do the various doors of justice go all the way down to the ocen bottom?

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    So new chapter spoilers:
    Oh Buggy.....

That?
    Wasn't that Mr.1 when he took the form of Magellan?

As for Whitebeard they were under water, so i assume they went under the door. Do the various doors of justice go all the way down to the ocen bottom?
    Mr. 2 opened the gate that let them out of Impel Down.

We don't know who opened the Marineford gate, but my money's on Hancock.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Still catching up on One Piece, in the middle of the Skypeia Arc.

Thoughts.

Holy crap, Robin is OP as fuck against most people.

Poor Luffy keeps running into Logias.

Zoro's sense of direction is amazing. "The map said we have to go right, so all I have to do is keep going to my right." All while needing to go south and travelling with a bird that instinctively faces south at all times.
    I didn't see it coming, but Luffy's cave being the inside of the snake was pretty cool.

Enel is a sunuvabitch.

Upper Yard is a piece of Jaya that lifted into Skypeia via the the Knock-Up Stream? I love this story.

I also really like the Bon Voyage opening, especially when Luffy starts impersonating Zoro. Cracks me up.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Still catching up on One Piece, in the middle of the Skypeia Arc.

Thoughts.

Holy crap, Robin is OP as fuck against most people.

Poor Luffy keeps running into Logias.

Zoro's sense of direction is amazing. "The map said we have to go right, so all I have to do is keep going to my right." All while needing to go south and travelling with a bird that instinctively faces south at all times.
    I didn't see it coming, but Luffy's cave being the inside of the snake was pretty cool.

Enel is a sunuvabitch.

Upper Yard is a piece of Jaya that lifted into Skypeia via the the Knock-Up Stream? I love this story.

I also really like the Bon Voyage opening, especially when Luffy starts impersonating Zoro. Cracks me up.

Robin's overpowered, but only to fodder, really. Sort of an "instant win against norms" bit - against anyone with abilities, she'd find it a tad roughl.
    Yeah, the revelation about Jaya, while obvious in retrospect, is pretty sweet when you realize it

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Skypeia:
    My favorite part of that arc was learning the history of the whole thing - Norland the Liar, etc... It was a good story.

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Stories with surprise revelations work very well on me because when I watch a movie/show or read a book, whatever, I accept what I'm given at face value.
    I never once linked the half-house and the Knock-Up stream together. Or that Luffy was in anything other than a cave that had underground tremors.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Enel, you freak, don't eat the whole damn apple. Also, Enel is clearly Bajoran.

Armored Gorilla on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

16.jpg

HAI GUYS!

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited October 2009

http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000279/16.jpg

HAI GUYS!

See? Possessed by a Pah'wraith.

Armored Gorilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

eminem-face.jpg

HAI GUYS!

Jragghen on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009
    When I realised that I was doubly satisfied when he got his ass kicked.

A duck! on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oyaji!

Who didn't see this coming >.>

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited October 2009

16.jpg

HAI GUYS!

Aaaaand I just now got that.
    That is an AMAZING face-fault he gives when he realizes Luffy is immune to lightining.

Also, he just kicked a mudhole in Enel. I am LOVING this.

Armored Gorilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You can never disappoint when it comes to Enel.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The new chapter's up in various places. You know where.

Impressions: The shit's already real! How could it possibly get any realer?

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Recent stuff.
    So a pirate said Vegapunk is using corpses to create those things. Great, now we have zombies.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Couscous wrote: »
    Recent stuff.
    So a pirate said Vegapunk is using corpses to create those things. Great, now we have zombies.
    I've got my fingers crossed for a remix of "Zombie Night."

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Recent stuff.
    Or he was seeing how the human body worked, which is why bodies were brought in. It's pretty obvious they're robots.

Also, wow. They're really tearing through everyone

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Recent stuff.

What do you mean, 'now?' Had 'em before, at Thriller Bark.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    This week's chapter was pretty depressing.

Though I think the last page is going to cause Luffy to flip the fuck out.

Godfather on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh shit, I just realized he did what you should never do in front of Luffy.
    Harm a Nakama.

He is gonna flip the fuck out.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cue Gomu Gomu no Jet Gigante Custard Storm

Godfather on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So as a nightcap I've been watching the dub episodes starting from the beginning of the series.

Man did they ever cast Zoro right.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So as a nightcap I've been watching the dub episodes starting from the beginning of the series.

Man did they ever cast Zoro right.

Oh course. He is the prince of all swordsmen!

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Godfather on
This discussion has been closed.