"Now then, George, Baldrick, you heard the General, I'm needed on top secret business back at HQ"
"Can we come sir?"
"No, Baldrick, I don't think your special brand of coffee would really quite fit in at HQ. As it is, you're just going to have to sit here and wait until you're told to die"
"Right you are sir"
"It sounds absolutely pants off, trousers down, bugger the old Hun fantastic sir, are you sure you don't want to wait around and go over the top with us sir?"
"No George, they let only the very best soldiers go over the top I'm afraid, and I, Captain Edmund Blackadder certainly don't deserve the honour of being mowed down by seventeen German machine guns until my body is in little bits, and the little bits are ground down until they're a fine powder and become a highly fashionable drug for the bohemians in Paris"
"Right you are sir"
"So, I take my leave of you."
"Maaaaaah, are there you are Blackadder. Why didn't you tell me he was here, Darling?"
"I assumed you would smell him, sir"
"Very droll, Darling"
"That's CAPTAIN Darling to you Blackadder"
"Yes, Darling. Anyway, do continue, General"
"Yes Blackadder, always ready to give the hun a good boshing, wot?! So, it turns out that every night someone is breaking into my private study and is moving my drinks cabinet further and further away from Berlin. I WON'T HAVE IT BLACKADDER. I won't. These blackguards must be found. AND SHOT."
"And my role, sir?"
"Ah, that's right Blackadder, you're to lead the investigation. We've got some German spies in HQ, and they're draining morale. You must find them Blackadder, you'll have every resource at your disposal. The faithful tommies won't get new bullets, or be fed, and the artillery will go without shells at all until you solve this dreadful shambles. Now Darling is here to fulfil your every whim, would you like anyone else to assist you?"
"I can certainly think of a couple of men that may come in handy, sir"
So there we have it - there are German spies in the HQ. Blackadder has been put in charge of finding them, and George and Baldrick have been transferred from the frontline to help him in his quest. Darling is being disdainful, Melchett is being wilfully ignorant and Baldrick has a cunning plan. Can things get any worse for Captain Edmund Blackadder?
As the first step, Blackadder has rounded up evreryone in HQ and has asked them if they know anything - who do you think is the traitorous sort of hun chap? Who should be taken out and shot?
This is a MiniPhalla
. It's sort of like a Phalla
only on a smaller scale.
All of the standard rules apply. In particular, screen captures cannot be used to "prove" anything and if you're talking with someone and they don't know it's you (your PA name), that's anonymous contact and is against these rules. Dead players may talk amongst themselves (off the thread) if they wish but living players may not communicate with the dead. Standard 'honour-rules' on ghost posting apply.
Each night, all players will vote for the chap who should be taken out back as a deserter and shot. Please make your votes in Bold Red
. Retractions would really be helpful
, but aren't obligatory, and should be made in Bold Lime
. If you have any questions, please PM Micro (me) or post for clarification in the thread in Bold Orange
Also, you cannot directly quote or forward any PM you receive from me during the game (unless I give you permission) but you can do whatever
you want with any PM you receive from another player.
Please remember to forward the location of any ProBoards (or similar tools) to me. Thank you.
I'm an idiot and live in the UK - so days will begin and end slightly earlier than you lot are perhaps used to.
This game will start (if we get signups in time) on Wednesday, October 21st
, meaning Day 1 will end on Thursday 22nd.
Voting will close daily at Midnight, GMT (which I believe is EST +5).
Interested players should !SIGN UP in any colour - I just chose red because it's pretty
. Roles will be randomly assigned.
4. Daius - Baldrick
11. Kime - villager
22. dunedainjedi - Villager, voted out
9. Dunadan019 - George, knocked out by Blackadder
10. Kay - Lord Flashheart, Brutally Murdered
18. Ohtsam - Bob, Brutally Murdered
26. Robos A Go Go - Villager, Brutally Murdered
19. Osvik - villager, voted out
1. Adventfalls - villager, knocked out by Blackadder
13. Arivia - villager, killed in No Man's Land
16. Lucedes - villager, brutally murdered
7. Wildcat - Blackadder, brutally murdered
20. Kistra - Villager, voted out on coin flip
25. Kias - German spy, killed in No Man's Land
12. Gumpy - Villager, brutally murdered
8. Nocturne - villager, voted out
17. Fluffy bunny chap - villager, killed in No Man's Land
6. Shalmelo - Captain Darling, brutally murdered
3. simonwolf - villager, inactivus hungered
24. Arasaki - villager, voted out
15. El Skid - German, killed in No Man's Land
21. LoserForHireX - General Melchett, brutally murdered
2. BobCesca - German, Inactivus Hungered
5. Jobastion - German, voted out
14. Cleonicus - villager, brutally murdered
23. Obbi - villager, killed in No Man's Land
1. Mr D