As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Blackadder Goes Phorth [Result - Village Victory]

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You guys just wait. I'm going to meditate over some tea (while doing other British-y things), and then come back knowing instantly who is evil.

Just wait!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    kime wrote: »
    You guys just wait. I'm going to meditate over some tea (while doing other British-y things), and then come back knowing instantly who is evil.

Just wait!

kime :- King of CUNNING PLANS

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Just wait!

Are you going to stare into a mirror as part of your divination? If so, I'm sure you'll see the face of evil.

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Cleonicus wrote: »

Just wait!

Are you going to stare into a mirror as part of your divination? If so, I'm sure you'll see the face of evil.

Kime, evil??

Surely you jest, sir!

El Skid on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh sure. Evil I would buy. But Kime? German??!? Never.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

Well, at least I'm not dead.

I fail once again. Once again, I finger a village special.

Failure, thy name is AdventFalls.

ooooooOOOOOOOOooooooo

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Oh sure. Evil I would buy. But Kime? German??!? Never.

Maybe they tempted him with some German Chocolate cake.

Cleonicus on
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

ooooooOOOOOOOOooooooo

In honor of this post, I retract my previous nickname for you. (also cause you weren't a jerry). However,
    in honor of this post, I instead implement a new nickname, AdventFails. :P

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jobastion wrote: »

ooooooOOOOOOOOooooooo

In honor of this post, I retract my previous nickname for you. (also cause you weren't a jerry). However,
    in honor of this post, I instead implement a new nickname, AdventFails. :P

ooooooOOOOOOOOoooooo

If I ever win.... I want my real name back. It'll be like Epic Fail Guy succeeding.

oooooooOOOOOOOOoooo

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    In case I don't get back in time tonight to vote, I'll put in !Arasaki as a placeholder.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So seriously, I'm getting wagoned because of my perhaps poorly worded fluff?

Now, as far as reasoning goes, I'm coming up a little dry. The only real votes so far have been for villagers or for specials (no special votes carried out, but there was a small wagon on wildcat). So, have any wagons really been shifted off of someone that's still alive? I guess the only other tactic is to start looking at people who started or seconded some of the wagons that turned out to be villagers...

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man this really is slow. In the wagons shifting off someone that's still alive, I think there was only yesterday, where Kistra, Wildcat were tied, then Osvik came from nowhere. And only Kistra survived the night.
    In starting/seconding some of the wagons... eh.... jesus this game is going slowly... I dunno why but it feels like it's been more than two nights. We've only had yesterday that wasn't tainted by the vote winner having voted for himself... so yeah. There's the wagon from yesterday that Osvik died to, and that's really it. Unless we want to look at daius and his crafty wordsmithing that managed to mind control DDJ into voting for himself, but... yeah.

So the Osvik BW: Started by ElSkid (using not terrible logic at trying to avoid hitting a special, at least)
    Second'd by Shalmelo (What a Darling)
    Thirded by Cleo (Jesus :))
    Placeholder'd into the lead by Boogedyboo (that's some fail right there)
    Point driven home by you (LoserForHireX)
    And cap'd by Daius at 6.

Gump's might have had the right of it with his Boogedyboo vote yesterday. Or baddies could have tried to lead the vote off Kistra via Osk... but that doesn't make sense initially, as they could have tried to pile on wildcat in the first place, as that's easier. The only useful information from yesterday that I can see is if Kistra was evil. then there's at least partial cause for the Jerries to have piled onto someone else's stack. If he wasn't, then... dunno.

Jobastion on
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, my reason for the Loser vote is based off the bandwagonning, but I don't think mafia would be so stupid as to push an obvious bandwagon this early. I could see Daius as a mafioso, maybe. Otherwise I'd be looking at someone who started one of the other bandwagons.

Cleonicus on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I can see Kistra as being evil; she's very quiet, and hasn't had anything important to say, while at the same time trying (poorly, I might add) suspicions away from her with such commentary as "looking at the spreadsheet intently". What she expected to find in a spreadsheet after one day is beyond me, honestly, but suffice to say, she's acting oddly, and I do not object to putting a vote onto her.

Kistra is 110% evil.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Chaps, sorry for extra delay on Day 2 narration, it WILL go up at some point, I promise.

Micro on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I can see Kistra as being evil; she's very quiet, and hasn't had anything important to say, while at the same time trying (poorly, I might add) suspicions away from her with such commentary as "looking at the spreadsheet intently". What she expected to find in a spreadsheet after one day is beyond me, honestly, but suffice to say, she's acting oddly, and I do not object to putting a vote onto her.

Kistra is 110% evil.

I guess I can see this- the "looking at the day 1 spreadsheets" was a bit overdone, I think.

For the (distressing) lack of anything better, I'll go with Kistra.

El Skid on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, this is lame.

Well, Kistra is a bit suspicious, a bit.

Ugh, but I'm leaving for a game today, and wont be home by vote close....

So I guess I placehold for Kistra. Who knows, maybe I can borrow an iPhone or something later today when there might be more direction. I can't be expected to make decisions on my own, i'm no good at that!!

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hullo chaps. I must say, this is as pathetic an army as I have seen in all my years. It's amazing that any of we Tommies are still alive, what with all this rampant nincompoopery.

Your captain needs to inspect the parade grounds back at HQ today, and will not be back until after vote close. Hopefully General Melchett, in his infinite wisdom, will send a lousy Jerry over the top today. In the meantime, I'll be casting my vote for boogedyboo. Stiffen those upper lips, lads, we may get out of this yet...

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    boogedyboo has been replaced by Nocturne

Micro on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh yay I have a vote on me already!

Howdy. As I told Micro, I'm a 'murrican so I know nothing of the source material.

Time to do some catching up.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I recommend youtube, it's delightful.

Micro on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Micro wrote: »
    I recommend youtube, it's delightful.

Oh wow! Rowan Atkinson, Stephen Fry, and Hugh Laurie were all in a show and I did not know about this until now? Add that to the list of things wrong with this world.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nocturne wrote:
    Howdy. As I told Micro, I'm a 'murrican so I know nothing of the source material.

"But what about the men's morale, sir, with the Russians out of the war and everything?

"Oh for goodness sake, Blackadder, have you been living in a cave? The Americans joined the war yesterday!"

"So how is that going to improve the men's morale, sir?"

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    :lol: :^:

Nocturne on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Do we know why boogey left?

Gumpy on
  • Options
    KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Kistra is 110% evil.

How would you have any idea what my normal level of posting in a phalla is? We've been in three phallas together, two of them I got day 1'd and the other one was unusually close to my RL interests and so I was unusually active.

The rest of you are seriously listening to simonwolf about me? He loves to kill me and has now done so more than once. I'm british, I'm just a very hung over brit right now and need to go find some nice greasy fish and chips to make me feel better.

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Kistra wrote: »
    I'm british, I'm just a very hung over brit right now and need to go find some nice greasy fish and chips to make me feel better.

Hungover? At 9pm?!

Shameful.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Kistra wrote: »

Kistra is 110% evil.

How would you have any idea what my normal level of posting in a phalla is? We've been in three phallas together, two of them I got day 1'd and the other one was unusually close to my RL interests and so I was unusually active.

The rest of you are seriously listening to simonwolf about me? He loves to kill me and has now done so more than once. I'm british, I'm just a very hung over brit right now and need to go find some nice greasy fish and chips to make me feel better.

So he's killed you in the at least 2 of the 3 phallas that you've been in? Stalker!

Cleonicus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Do we know why boogey left?

He said he's running a 100 degree fever and finding it really hard to concentrate.

Micro on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ahh crap. AI Wars... is very addictive. Do not recommend playing if you want to do useful things in a day.
    So... Nocturne, because I suspected boogedy, and I get to vote for the replacement. It's a double win for me.

Jobastion on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I choose you, El Skid!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Waaait... 7PM EST... not 5PM. Hah... apparently, AI wars also makes me forgetful of things like time.

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Waaait... 7PM EST... not 5PM. Hah... apparently, AI wars also makes me forgetful of things like time.

Was it made by Germans? Maybe they are brainwashing you!

Cleonicus on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Nocturne

Gumpy on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !LoserForHireX seems a little Hunnish.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    !Kistra, although boogedy was also a suspicious type before getting replaced.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Phew, man, I sure did sleep in!

!Jobastion

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You are all very good people and have all voted (with the exception of Nocturne, but he's only just jumped in and has the thread to catch up on so can be slightly excused.

24 mins to vote close.

Micro on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So that narration. For yesterday. That's never coming is it? :(

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So that narration. For yesterday. That's never coming is it? :(

NOT UNTIL YOU REACH THE RHINELAND IT'S NOT

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
This discussion has been closed.