Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Parking at Penn State

werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm going to be seeing Karl Rove and Howard Dean at the Eisenhower Auditorium on Penn State's University Park campus next Tuesday night, and I've never been to the campus before. As a general kind of question how much trouble am I going to have finding parking somewhere that I can walk to the venue relatively easily, and how much trouble am I likely to have getting back to I-80 late that night given I don't know the area at all?

werehippy on

• mtsmts Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    more than lilkey there will be an event parking lot

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I would bet there will be an event parking lot, and lots of signs to and from the event parking lot. Getting back onto I-99 is very easy and that intersects with I-80. (It isn't the most direct, but it is very easy)

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kick ass. Thanks.

werehippy on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There's event parking for everything that happens here.

Probably it will be held in the Parking deck right next to Eisenhower, which is a bit confusing to get to, but if you go from I-80 to College Avenue and turn right on the intersection right before downtown to University Avenue, then take the first left, then a slight right at the 5-way intersection, then the second left there's a parking deck that is almost always event parking for stuff at Eisenhower and is about a 30 second walk from Eisenhower. That's confusing I know, but the area around Eisenhower is really confusing ever since they changed this one awesome through-road to a plaza. There's almost no way to get to Eisenhower and its parking deck that isn't outrageously circuitous or requires going through some really retarded intersections.

Getting onto 80 is one of the easiest things in the world from here, there are a fuckton of signs and about 3 different places to get onto 80 from. If you get onto College Ave heading East you get a lot of chances to get on 80.

Khavall on