As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halloween 2009 - A plethora of MJ costumes predicted

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    <---- gas mask zombie from Doctor Who this year (specifically infected Doctor Constantine)

last year: Sherlock Holmes (white dress shirt, pajama pants, bathrobe, deerstalker, fake pipe; won costume contest and Nightmare Before Christmas deluxe DVD)

I am running the projector for this year's screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight, so I am super excited for that (but not for the inevitable discovery of vomit in the theater afterwards)

edit: how the FUCK did I miss the Phantasm costume

that is really awesome

(also props for mad eye moody and that jack skellington costume that doesn't totally suck like the one I saw the other day)

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hmm i need a lazy costume idea

Crappy white bed sheet, cut out holes for your eyes.

Congratulations, you're now either a ghost or member of the KKK, depending on the State you're in.

Havelock on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Havelock wrote: »

Congratulations, you're now either a ghost or member of the KKK, depending on the State you're in.

Oh! Or cut out a bunch of holes and walk around with a bag, containing a single rock.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So mine is lazy and finding stuff around the house. I am the guy you play as in bioshock. Mostly just 50/60's dress clothing like and drawing the tatoos on my arms.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »

Oh! Or cut out a bunch of holes and walk around with a bag, containing a single rock.

:^: :^:

While looking for the Great Pumpkin.

Havelock on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Last year I stopped shaving for 3 days, brushed my hair a bit different, and walked around with a Jack Daniels bottle half full of iced tea and my eyes mostly shut. Oh, and wearing a Kyle Orton jersey :lol: Works a little better in Chicago though.

Sadly, with Kyle now a Bronco (er, that's not the sad part), I am somewhat stumped on a lazy costume idea for this year.

Ketar on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Skip the holes and you have yourself a Toga, recognized in all 50 states in the union.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »

:^:

not gonna lie, this was my only other idea if I couldn't find a reasonably good gas mask

(I really want to find some people to do zombie Star Trek redshirts next year)

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm "going" (I don't have any plans except couples-costumed raquetball so far) as a turtle tamer from Kingdom of Loathing.

This is funny, but how are you going to do it? I imagine it would be difficult to be a stick figure.
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I was looking at this and trying.... trying.... trying to figure out whether or not I knew who this was.

You're the chick from Mask of the Phantasm! Jeez, it's been forever since I've seen that movie! The full costume would be seriously sweet, and I hope to see pictures if you did manage to finish it.

Wow, you got it! <3

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as though I'll be finished come Halloween due to the sheer number of hours I've been working recently. That isn't going to stop me working on it though, as I originally planned to have the full costume ready for FanExpo '10... and it looks like I'm ahead of schedule for that. :lol:

I felt like I should know what it was from, and thought that my nerd powers were finally starting to fail me. I was very happy to learn that they were not. :P

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Go as yourself - print out a picture of your face and tape it over your face.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    BubbaT wrote: »

facebookcostume.jpg

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    BubbaT wrote: »

facebookcostume.jpg

Haha I saw that done with a drivers license.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Get a friend to dress as a car, maybe an autobot. You dress in a peach suit, a nice color and wear a smaller afro wig.

You are Richard Pryor and she is a car.

Make sure one of you carries a prop to use to symbolize fire. She can carry it around and be on fire and toss it to you and then you be on fire.

Remember to bring a matchbook so you can tell the joke.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I actually went to a Halloween party at the local pub last weekend where we had a Billy Mays, two Abby Shutos (from NCIS), Dread Pirate Roberts, female Edward Scissorhands, a Joker and a shit-ton of sexy "noun" costumes. Plenty of devils, Jesuses, etc. I basically put on a pirate hat (and got everything from pirate to Rob Zombie to Al Jurgenson) and my girlfriend went as a beat poet.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gyral wrote: »
    ...and a shit-ton of sexy "noun" costumes. Plenty of devils, Jesuses, etc.

Now I kindof want to see a Sexy Jesus costume.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »

There were apparently more than one by the uses of "Jesuses". That's just plain insulting to Christianity, since we all know there is only one God.

The sexy part I let slide cause well, have you seen images of the guy? Man was ripped.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »

There were apparently more than one by the uses of "Jesuses". That's just plain insulting to Christianity, since we all know there is only one God.

The sexy part I let slide cause well, have you seen images of the guy? Man was ripped.

Of course he's sexy. A man who's been portrayed by Jim Cavizel, Henry Ian Cusick and Christian Bale (to name a few) can't have looked too bad.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    LaOs wrote: »
    I am getting more and more excited for my Mr. B costume as I finish more painting details. Hopefully the face makeup turns out. It's going to be fun!

I commend your efforts and wish you the best of luck. You're doing God's work.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »

Of course he's sexy. A man who's been portrayed by Jim Cavizel, Henry Ian Cusick and Christian Bale (to name a few) can't have looked too bad.

What about Willem Dafoe?

:?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

one year I went as a pinata... took only a half hour

buy several rolls of that cheap paper party ribbon stuff that people hang from the ceiling in different colors.

One roll of scotch tape.

T-shirt

combine and layer.......voila you are a pinata

get a bag with a handle and fill it with candy. When people hit you with things grab a handful of candy from your bag and throw it at them.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    get a bag with a handle and fill it with candy. When people hit you with things grab a handful of candy from your bag and throw it at them.

This seems like a bad idea. :lol:

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited October 2009

yes and no. I had some fun with it. Just don't use handfuls of small candy and throw them as you'll have a mess to deal with later. get some candy bars or packs of things that are easily dealt with and thrown.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dunno if this will work:

http://twitpic.com/nitd9

Tach on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

yes and no. I had some fun with it. Just don't use handfuls of small candy and throw them as you'll have a mess to deal with later. get some candy bars or packs of things that are easily dealt with and thrown.

also you will have people hitting you a lot

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    SoaL wrote: »
    also you will have people hitting you a lot

how else am I supposed to get horny? :winky:

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    This one looked great this morning, although it hasn't aged great. Hope I don't run out of blood for tomorrow.
    I also have a splint and a stick.
    141331.jpg
    Klingons, man, fucking Klingons.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    NatanekoNataneko Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had a thread in H/A to help me find a kid friendly costume. I decided to be Strawberry Shortcake (not sexy version). Now I have been invited by a friend that transformed his house as a mental asylum for halloween. I still like the costume, (a red dress white apron and pink puffy hat basically) but how can I make it so I look crazy/scary?

Nataneko on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Get a some knives, hammers, spatulas, or other impliments of destruction. Then buy some strawberries and some jars of strawberry preserves. Make a mess on a tablecloth of smashed/cut-up strawberries.

Cackle like a madwoman with your hands coated in strawberry jam.

Tach on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sexy it up a little, throw in some creepy dark red eyeliner/lipstick, maybe some fishnets, blood, and tattered clothing. You're already halfway to creepy when you start with a childhood figure.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    JeffHJeffH Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    being lemmy this year. yeaaaah

JeffH on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Tach wrote: »
    Get a some knives, hammers, spatulas, or other impliments of destruction. Then buy some strawberries and some jars of strawberry preserves. Make a mess on a tablecloth of smashed/cut-up strawberries.

Cackle like a madwoman with your hands coated in strawberry jam.

nice, too bad there isn't much time left. I'd get a sealed mason jar and have rotting strawberries in there on some kind of giant leather belt with holsters for knives and jars of decaying strawberries. Probably be tough without a week to let them sit around and get nasty though. You could improvise and make a jar of nasty strawberry concoction though. put in some cut up strawberries, some nasty dark liquids and other unappealing looking things like shoe polish or axle grease...... Jar of nasty.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sexy it up a little, throw in some creepy dark red eyeliner/lipstick, maybe some fishnets, blood, and tattered clothing. You're already halfway to creepy when you start with a childhood figure.
    01.png

BubbaT on
  • Options
    NatanekoNataneko Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Haha I love the idea of smashing strawberries around, I'll ty to find make-up idea, maybe on instructable. (and it would be impossible to make a sexy version unless I changed the dress completely, so I won't be that creepy)

Nataneko on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Nataneko wrote: »
    Haha I love the idea of smashing strawberries around, I'll ty to find make-up idea, maybe on instructable. (and it would be impossible to make a sexy version unless I changed the dress completely, so I won't be that creepy)

You could also go with a Higurashi: When They Cry treatment.
    higurashi.png

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Halloween costume #1 for work. I didn't put too much effort into it and I wanted to take the picture barefoot (as that is how i've been walking around all day), but the person taking the picture insisted i wear the moon boots.

So I guess with the moon boots I'm a hick in the snow. My hick face looks more like zombie face. I'll just have to go back to the mirror and practice that some more.

Jeffhalloweencostume-s.jpg

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well, my Mad Scientist outfit took 1st prize at the office. Not bad for 1 evening's work. Hello $20 Target card!

Tach on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I went/am going as Really Big Death. I have some Frankenstein boots giving an additional 5 inches of height (making me about 6.5 feet tall) and I put some big skeleton hands on the ends of some crutches giving me about an 11 foot "wingspan." The scythe is cheesy plastic, but it is 6 feet long, so it goes well, as long as I can hold the hands just right to keep a hold of the stupid thing...
    halloween09.jpg
    DressupFunCrew09.jpg

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Is that guy Friar Tuck from Disney's Robin Hood?

Awesome.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That's pretty cool. I'm still at work, so I can't post pictures yet, but I ended up dessing up as Metalicus, the God of Rock. Basically just picked up a Julius Ceasar costume that had a robe, and white wig and beard. I added a few fake tattoos to go along with my real ones(that apparently people were not aware I had thanks to long sleeves) and a spiked/skull wrist band.

Along with that I walked around with a Rock band guitar that I had taped up with lightning bolts. And of course, a pair of panties hanging from it's head. People dug it.

But the costume that people dug even more was of a guy in my office who decided to dress up like me for Halloween. For some reason people alway get us confuse, so he put on a curly wig and glasses, and I'll be damned if he didn't look almost exactly like me. I think I got some questions for my dad..

Oh, and for anyone that asks for a quick costume, this was alternative B for me.. get a guitar hero/rock band guitar and a cape and presto, you're Guitar Hero! You could even get some construction paper and cut out a circle and write GH to it or the like.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is that guy Friar Tuck from Disney's Robin Hood?

Awesome.
    He says it's Splinter, but I like your version better...

LineNoiz on