As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chris Jericho] Also occasionally about the Big Bad Booty Daddy!

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Well Creative Team was fucking with Orton because he was being a spoiled brat behind the scenes and pissing everyone off. So Vince decided to doghouse him for a little while. Much like what he did to HHH for the MSG Incident.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    SkittlebrauSkittlebrau Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Yeah, hence why they should do it again, with the roles reverse. It would add more to the angle.

I dunno... has it been 7 years yet?

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks, I thought it was Dibiase, but then there was Rhode's almost face turn when Orton attacked his dad that made me doubt myself.

Before they become faces they gotta get some personality, cause man those two are two of the blandest people in the roster.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Thanks, I thought it was Dibiase, but then there was Rhode's almost face turn when Orton attacked his dad that made me doubt myself.

Before they become faces they gotta get some personality, cause man those two are two of the blandest people in the roster.

They have good wrestling skills , but need to work on mic skills. They are more entertaining than Batista.

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    DiBiase is a much better option than Rhodes. I can't get past the fact that Rhodes is a skinny little twerp.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    dibiase on last weeks raw was wonderful

eeryone wanted him to clock orton somethin' fierce

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The Wrestlehut 2k forum on SomethingAwful has a bunch of Gifs of Bragging Rights. Looks like it was a great PPV. Psycho Randy is awesome. And I will say that Cena is awesome as well.

EDIT: Also CM Punk.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Obviously while Orton and Legacy argue who should be the #1 contender, The Miz should come in during the confusion and steal the #1 Contendership away and become the WWE and US champion at the same time. He is just awesome enough for it to work!

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd pay to see that on PPV.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I didn't expect that at all. I thought Jericho was gonna counter into the Codebreaker.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So Triple H did an interview that ended up running in the UK magazine Powerslam, which is a great read and I really should buy it more often, and it's surprisingly candid.

Transcript here, some excerpts in spoilers.
    Plenty of people say you use your backstage position and your marriage to your advantage --- even that you abuse the power you have. How do you respond to that? And does criticism bother you?

People say the power I have puts me in a position of dominance but, if I lost that power, I'd be quite happy. It's all about what benefits the business for me. As for criticism? I think that if you go through life and no one hates you, then that means you're not good at anything. The critics I listen to are the ones I can hear when I walk into the arena. When people aren't caring about me anymore, I'll know. Not even Vince deems that: fans deem that. Look at John Cena. People say, "Who does Vince push him so much?" He sells so much (merchandise) and he sells out arenas. It's all about what benefits the business.

What do you say to those who accuse you of zealously safeguarding your position at the top of the card and refusing to help elevate wrestlers to the main event level?

All the stars are at a certain level. You can't make someone a star by simply bringing other stars down. That's not how the business works; it's not how it's ever worked. The new stars have to rise on their own. What big star ever laid down for me? That's never been how business is done. Bret Hart didn't put Shawn Michaels over and refused to get beat (at Survivor Series 1997); he wouldn't lose the title. Now, that's not a knock: that's what happened. Look at Steve Austin. I remember when Vince said they were bringing Austin in, and he said, "He'll be a good hand, to help the other guys." Then, they made him The Ringmaster, and gave him those plain trunks to wear. And I was there at King of the Ring 1996 when Austin made himself a star, and then at WrestleMania (XIII) when he really got over. And, remember, he actually lost that match against Bret Hart (at WM XIII), but he got himself over doing it. I've never said, "No" to putting anybody over. But you put C.M. Punk in a 30-minute match with The Undertaker, it's 50-50 all the way and then Punk wins clean, the fans won't accept it. It does nothing for C.M. Punk, and it's also detrimental to the Undertaker.

You had competitive matches with Jeff Hardy on his journey to the top spot last year. But Booker T/King Booker was not afforded the same equality in his bouts with you at WrestleMania XIX or SummerSlam 2007. Is the amount of offence a wrestler is allowed dependent on his status?

Yes. Jeff was competitive with me, and I also put Jeff over, eventually. But Jeff was being built up a certain way. He couldn't get there: he was the guy that just couldn't beat me and, the more that happened, the more desperate the fans became for him to do it. So, when he did beat me, it made a much bigger impact. He could have gone out and beat me clean in our first match, but the fans would not have accepted him in the way they have now. We used to say the "marks" were the fans who believed wrestling was all real -- not choreographed -- but now the smart fans, the ones who think they know everything, have became the marks. I know the majority of them don't know the business, they've never been in the business or wrestled in their lives.

Don't much care for the "you don't know if you haven't done it" defense, but still, he's pretty up front about stuff.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I've never had anything against HHH. He's fun to watch (for me), he loves the business, and he's never done anything that ever made me dislike him. I think, when I went to his first house show back (this was before he returned to TV) after his first quad tear, I really started to like him when I saw just how happy he was to be back, and how much he appreciated the fans.

cr0w on
  • Options
    CaswynbenCaswynben Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Chris Jericho is so SMUG. Just so SMUG. Look how SMUG he is, King. SO SMUG

Caswynben on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I like how he completely ignored the point about Booker T being buried.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    See, the thing is his right about a lot of his points, but it doesn't take away from the fact he just doesn't allow himself to lose, he seems to actively bury his opponents in the process. Booker T is the perfect example.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fuck, Kofi just became awesome.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Kofi Kingston is the new man.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Imagine if they had asked him about Jericho, there would have been so much bullshit about why he never puts him over.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yeah. That was the height of the most dickish period of HHH's career. It was horrible.

He's gotten better, but like people say, he still doesn't sell for shit.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    a Kofi/Orton feud would be just dandy

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Am I the only one that finds it kind of funny that Kofi has no accent?

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The fucked up thing about HHH/Jericho is that HBK and Jericho have a really deep respect for one another and you'd think Shawn, being Hunter's best friend, would be able to talk some god damn sense into Helmsley.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

they are making him less gimmicky so they can give him a serious main event push

They dont even introduce him as "from Jamaica" anymore

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh, Miz reminds me.

So earlier, in the promo with Swagger, Eve and the NASCAR guys, the crowd cheered a long with "And I'm Awesome!"

This is not good for Miz as a heel. As soon as fans find something to chant along with, they'll stop booing and start cheering.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I wouldn't say it's bad that he's charamastic enough to start getting pops (he got a reaction as soon as he came on screen, even before the "and I'm awesome")

They can always make him a tweener.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dammit Schwagger that was a good match you just interrupted.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Haha, Jericho slinking off into the crowd when the Raw guys came down was hilarious.

cr0w on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »

they are making him less gimmicky so they can give him a serious main event push

They dont even introduce him as "from Jamaica" anymore

I get why they're doing it. It makes modern day wrestling sense. Ethnic characters are basically just used for comedy at this point (see Santino) and none of them are taken as serious world title contenders, even if they tried to be pushed that way at some point (see Kozlov). I think it's a good move for Kofi...I just found it amusing.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    KongoKongo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    HHH talking about not putting anyone over is... interesting. Aside from the aforementioned fuck overs of Booker and Jericho... He left out the fact that the reason why guys get over without him helping is because somebody else (usually HBK) will put the guy over when HHH refuses to do so. Cases in point are any of the recent DX/ Legacy matches. It's not HHH who makes Cody and Ted look good, it's HBK putting in all the work (or submission, as the case may be), while tHHHor retains his godlike powers.

Kongo on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's actually a good thing to keep HHH looking invincible because it does elevate the crap out of anyone who beats him legit, and has for the past nine years.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    HHH got absolutely dominated by Show tonight for pretty much the entire match, and he needed the entire Raw roster helping out to win

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KongoKongo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I wouldn't mind so much if he at least made the attempt to look winded in some of his matches. But when he squashes guys as easily as he does, it just comes off as lazy and dickish. Even Hogan in the good old days would put over other guys in matches leading up to the main event. He even put over Lanny Poffo as a legitimate threat, which is nothing short of astounding. He would still win the main events (PPVs), but he at least made the other guy a viable threat. HHH doesn't seem to understand that it is possible to put over the other guy while not coming off as "weak" (see Hogan vs. the Ultimate Warrior).

EDIT: True point about Show, but he's already over as a "monster" so HHH doesn't need to put in any work there (David vs. Goliath). But against a guy of similar size and build...?

Kongo on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    HHH got absolutely dominated by Show tonight for pretty much the entire match, and he needed the entire Raw roster helping out to win

Of course, Big Show is an established vet and former World Champion.

When it comes to actually making fresh talent look good, Triple H tends to take the "fuck it" approach.

Two things I have to say:

1.) Fuck Triple H. Most selfish worker in the main event scene.

2.) Kofi is the man. THAT is how you get a new guy into the main event scene.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Edge knocked it out of him?

I like the guy and ditching the stupid ethnic crap gimmicks is only going to be beneficial for him in the long run.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Edge knocked it out of him?

I like the guy and ditching the stupid ethnic crap gimmicks is only going to be beneficial for him in the long run.

Read in an interview that he was the one who decided to drop it on account of not actually being Jamaican. Apparently he's from Ghana, he wanted to have his ring intro reflect that. Didn't hear it when he came out on RAW tonight oddly enough.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is it just me, or does the WWE have more ethnic gimmicks now more than ever? I know stereotypes have always been an annoying part of WWE history, but it seems like if you're something other than plain, it's your gimmick. Irish guy! Japanese guy! Mexican guy! Endless gimmick opportunities.

Lux on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Lux wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does the WWE have more ethnic gimmicks now more than ever? I know stereotypes have always been an annoying part of WWE history, but it seems like if you're something other than plain, it's your gimmick. Irish guy! Japanese guy! Mexican guy! Endless gimmick opportunities.
    Oh c'mon, Rey's not as bad as the mexicools, but at least thoes guys had some friggin talent. Although while we're on the subject, anyone remember Tatanka from a few years ago? I always thought his gimmick was really cool considering that he's actually part of the Lakota tribe. One thing that bothered me was right before he got future endeavored (due to budgetary cuts) was him losing like every week for like three months and then him coming out with some "I've been losing cus the white man is oppressing me" schtick. Wasn't sure that was gonna fly with the fans.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    As I said in WH2K, I feel like being silly and am predicting a Cena Heel turn.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well Sheamus is from Dublin, Ireland, so I'd hope he plays "Irish Guy."

I think it's interesting they're elevating him to RAW so quickly (I suppose being HHH's friend doesn't hurt). I would think teaming him and Finlay, or feuding them, would be a good choice for his first push, OR

I would have had Yoshi beat Christian tonight, elevate Christian to RAW, and put Yoshi and Sheamus in a feud.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I would have had Yoshi beat Christian tonight, elevate Christian to RAW, and put Yoshi and Sheamus in a feud.

I love this idea.

The triple threat at SVS should be good too. Regardless of everyone's feelings on Triple H.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490