As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chris Jericho] Also occasionally about the Big Bad Booty Daddy!

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    what the hell was the point of ODB winning the title on the live Impact just to lose it AGAIN

and then
    Val Venis beats Daniels, who is been apart of the main event the last two PPVs?

So Val Venis for TNA champ?

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kennedy doing the Mr. KEENEEEEDY thing but changing it to MR. AAAANNNNDEEERRRSSOOON is retarded.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Kennedy doing the Mr. KEENEEEEDY thing but changing it to MR. AAAANNNNDEEERRRSSOOON is retarded.

thats how he started doing it though. When he was in FCW or whatever it was Anderson, Vince told him to use Kennedy when he came up to WWE

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    And Anderson is his real name too.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I thought that I had heard the worst, most retarded names for finishers in WCW, but the Carbon Footprint takes the cake.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    [
    You shut the hell up. That's not even funny. Don't even joke that way.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh it's gonna happen

You better get used to it!
    i really hope it doesn't!

also color me shocked
    Beer Money beats Nash and X-Pac(Hall lost at rock-paper-scissors to be in the match)

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Did they chant 'X-Pac Sucks'?

Because out of all of the chants they could have busted out, I would sanction that one.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I want to turn on Impact at some point, just to see some guy in dark sunglases come up to Ken and say "Hello, Mr. Anderson".

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I wish they would have gone with a larger ring. It looks tiny right now.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm imagining HHH burning all the pictures of him and Flair, one lone tear running down his cheek.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ...what did Flair do tonight?

I'd imagine HHH is rather pissed about those watches he bought HBK and Flair.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    He encouraged AJ to cheat to beat Angle (Which makes little sense considering AJ beat him on Impact cleanly) and then got into the ring with him.

Basically it looks like they're doing a retread of the whole HHH/Flair relationship from Evolution.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Borrowing from Wrestlehut:
    Faces          Tweeners/IDK        Heels
    ¯¯¯¯¯          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯        ¯¯¯¯¯
    Abyss          Alex Shelley       A.J. Styles  
    Creed          Amazing Red        Bobby Lashley
    The Pope       Brian Kendrick     Brian Knobbs
    Hernandez      Brother Devon      Brutus Magnus
    James Storm    Brother Ray        Daniels
    Jay Lethal     Chris Sabin        Desmond Wolfe
    Jeff Hardy     Jeremy(Gen ME)     Doug Williams
    Kurt Angle     Ken Anderson       Dr. Stevie
    Matt Morgan    Max (Gen ME)       Eric Young
    Robert Roode   Mick Foley         Homicide
    Sean Morley    Orlando Jordan     Jeff Jarrett
    Shark Boy                         Jerry Sags
    Sting                             Jesse Neal
    Suicide                           Kevin Nash
    Hulk Hogan                        Kiyoshi
                                      Raven
                                      Rhino
                                      Rob Terry
                                      Samoa Joe
                                      Scott Hall
                                      Scott Steiner
                                      Sean Waltman
                                      Tomko
                                      Ric Flair

Lopsided card. A.J. Styles can seriously defend against all of 4 faces.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fuck sake TNA, what was that?
    When you tell me you have a "shocking big name acquisition" then you need to deliver something like Alex Wright or maybe Berlin, not Ken Anderson.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You know whats kind of funny. I think the only person whose theme music doesn't sound exactly like everyone else's in TNA is Rick Flair.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hogan's sounds like you let a retard remix Voodoo Child.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    [
    You shut the hell up. That's not even funny. Don't even joke that way.

Val should be arrested for Murder...he killed an entire audience !

Seriously the crowd was completely dead after they let this travesty happen. Best thing of the night was half the crowd on camera side turned their backs on the ring when Daniels lost.

TNA booking at every turn on the PPV completely misjudged crowd reaction...They cheer Daniels who is supposed to be heel and then Job him. The nix the ring which everyone hates, the crowd boos Hogan who is supposed to be getting over as a face and they ignore it, Beer Money wins on a fluke, they turn AJ heel, and Joe and Hardy dont even make the PPV card.

It seems Hogan is doing exactly what no one wants...burying everyone for his friends, changing what no one wants changed and ignoring fan reaction because he knows whats better......sound like anyone we know?

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Eh, you can't really gauge anything out of the crowd reaction when it comes to TNA. They're schizo, like shitting on Anderson when he came out but then going along with his schtick at the end.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They're schizo because it's probably the same people showing up every event. They want to be the ECW crowd so bad that it comes off as silly.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They're schizo because it's probably the same people showing up every event. They want to be the ECW crowd so bad that it comes off as silly.

Thousand times yes. They're more concerned with getting themselves over than watching the match. TNA needs to get the hell away from them, as it does their product no service.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i don't think hardy's signed with tna officially yet

think he's got some court jazz to deal with first

or maybe he's working on some more paintings first

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Your sig is freaking me out, Crwth.

And I just wanna clarify that I think ROH fans are guilty of the same retardness that TNA fans pull but on a lower scale.

CZW fans are better than TNA fans most of the time, and CZW is a hack piece of shit promotion.

Part of what made those ECW crowds of the late 90s so great was that they were smart enough to know when to get involved and when not to. There wasn't endless fucking chanting, which drives me absolutely batshit. I mean for fucks sake, in that Botchamania video the TNA fans started chanting "THE ROOF, THE ROOF IS ON FIRE!" That's way over the top and utterly retarded. It makes you look like a bunch of fools. The ECW fans would cheer, they would boo, and they would remain loud. They were passionate, but not annoyingly so. And on occasion, they were epic (covering Public Enemy in chairs because Cactus and Terry asked for a single chair). But they never took over the show from the wrestlers. They never made it about themselves.

And I'm not someone that thinks ECW was the pinnacle of pro wrestling. There was some greatness there, but just as much garbage as the next promotion, but fuck, TNA fans are an embarassment.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    BISCUITS AND GRAVAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

MADE ME A MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The webs said Hardy signed a one year deal....doesn't make it true, but I am fairly certain he didn't piss off WWE like that for a one shot deal.

While I agree that the TNA fans that are in the Impact Zone are terrible, its still not good to book a ppv so poorly that the same group of mooks who mark out for shark boy are so quiet you can hear crickets for three straight matches. They pretty much took every single thing that should be done to make TNA successful and went deliberately the other way.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »
    I thought that I had heard the worst, most retarded names for finishers in WCW, but the Carbon Footprint takes the cake.

My only real problem is that it doesn't even fit his theme. All about him being genetically gifted and so on and then he has a move that belongs with an ecoterrorist character. WTH?

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Looks like TNA may be realizing that they don't have the best crowd
    Before the tapings started, the Impact Zone crowd was addressed by members of the TNA staff. They talked to the crowd about not cursing, making obscene gestures, or gang signs. They called the crowd 'cast members' and basically told the crowd that they needed to be quiet.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Looks like TNA may be realizing that they don't have the best crowd
    Before the tapings started, the Impact Zone crowd was addressed by members of the TNA staff. They talked to the crowd about not cursing, making obscene gestures, or gang signs. They called the crowd 'cast members' and basically told the crowd that they needed to be quiet.

Yeah like thats going to change things. The crowd is a problem, telling them to shut up might work a little "too" well.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yes, TNA, that's a great idea, tell a wrestling crowd to be quiet.

So either they rebel and act like bigger jackassses, or they listen and the show ends up looking like shit cause the crowd is dead.

I sad this in the SE thread and I'll say it here: An obnoxious but loud crowd is way, WAY better than a quiet one. I'll take smarky chants and rowdy fans over people sitting on their hands any day.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yes, TNA, that's a great idea, tell a wrestling crowd to be quiet.

So either they rebel and act like bigger jackassses, or they listen and the show ends up looking like shit cause the crowd is dead.

I sad this in the SE thread and I'll say it here: An obnoxious but loud crowd is way, WAY better than a quiet one. I'll take smarky chants and rowdy fans over people sitting on their hands any day.

Yeah I can see the crowd just being dead silent the whole time, which would be kind of funny in a way. TNA needs to start touring, they are big enough to do that right? At least around florida or something.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'd actually forgotten that TNA was one location only. Now the crowd makes a lot more sense to me.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Soooo....
    They got rid of the TNA ring to go with a traditional one because Scott Hall thought he was seeing Double and almost had to sober up or what?

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    TNA does do touring... for about half their PPVs I think and non-televised events. They don't tour for Impact except for the once a year Global Impact they do in Japan.

Maybe their hoping that they won't have to do all of that pesky touring and fans will just come to them?

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Soooo....
    They got rid of the TNA ring to go with a traditional one because Scott Hall thought he was seeing Double and almost had to sober up or what?

You'd think all the nose candy would cancel out the booze.

Also, letting Hall make anysort of a comeback is a mistake. It's bad enough having one giant lumbering 50+ year old big man hangin around, let alone one that's had substance abuse problems approaching Keith Richards levels.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That's not really a fair comparison. Keith Richards isn't that bad.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So we go from Bret Hart to Mike Tyson to....John Heder and Don Johnson?

Ugh. We're down to the C-listers now.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Is Vince taking about Bret or Hogan?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Evan Bourne: Jobber
    Sheamus: Low Card WWE Champion

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    CaswynbenCaswynben Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Orton has a chance to become the next big Tweener. He gets mad pops while cheating to win.

Caswynben on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Evan Bourne: Jobber
    Sheamus: Low Card WWE Champion

Reeks of Trips' doing

But Sheamus is getting hella heat so

Zen Vulgarity on