Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

ROBOT! ROBOT! ROBOT! Art. Art. Art. [img heavy]

2»

• desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I *do* like canvas though... Why am I using this stuff again? Cheap-o-sity?

desperaterobots on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Holy shit dude. The two big landscape ones are rather nice. Raaaather. Nice.

I need to get working on the thing we talked about so that it happens before you get too HUGE to bother with small fry printer types. Yowza!!

Grenn on
    edited October 2009
    Hey, someone just bought all the 'great displeasure' paintings via email! Woooo. :D

desperaterobots on
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Way to go robots! It's no wonder these are selling.

It would be real nice to have prints as Napp already said. I think those would sell quite well.

no_toast on
    edited October 2009
    I am hearing you on the prints. I'm not sure I'd know where to start.

Step 1. Good photo
    Step 2. Good print on good stock
    Step 3. ?
    Step 4. Profit!

Like that...?

desperaterobots on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Might give it a shot. Would you prime the entire surface, back and front? Because I think I used some of that in highschool and it wound up absorbing a bunch of moisture somehow.

Yeah, the entire surface. You have to seal it since it's not acid-free. I guess the appeal is that it's smoother so you can be more detailed (you don't have the canvas texture) and it's cheap yeah.

bombardier on
    ?username=bombardactyl&theme=dark
  • robotsintheskiesrobotsintheskies Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Oh good lord, your stuff is amazing. I love how you use so many geometrical shapes in your designs.

Also, quick question. How do you get your lines and shapes to be so neat? Whenever I paint with acrylic, shit gets everywhere D:

robotsintheskies on
    edited November 2009
    Thanks :D Probably a combination of tools and technique... Good paint, the right brushes, and cutting back in to shapes with other colours.

desperaterobots on
2»