As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comic for October 26, 2009

• DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    defender doesn't like candy

shock to no one

Man, suck my caramel-coated dick. I like those cherry things, but Cadbury Eggs are just fucking nasty. There's good candy, and there's shit candy.

Defender on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You're shitcandy.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    cadbury eggs are far too decadent for defender, the weaker man's distraction from the creation of the ubermensch

TheySlashThem on
    edited October 2009
    No! Your mom! Is shit. Yeah.

Defender on
    edited October 2009
    cadbury eggs are far too decadent for defender, the weaker man's distraction from the creation of the ubermensch

Nah, there's shit that's too decadent for me, but this stuff is just low-grade crap.

Defender on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I would like a plate of scrambled eggs made with Cadbury Creme Eggs.

UnbreakableVow on
    edited October 2009

I think you'd pretty much just end up with caramel

TheySlashThem on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Cadbury Creme Eggs

Not Cadbury Caramel Eggs.

UnbreakableVow on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well maybe you'd burn off that nasty "creme" bullshit, that'd be an improvement for sure.

jwalk on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

This sounds like something Metzger would say

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You don't want the creme eggs, you want these:

cadbury-mini-eggs.JPG

And to get back on topic-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZEmh_En7AA

Was Parappa the Rappa the only game to make good use of Quick Time Events?

Brolo on
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well Parappa was a rhythm game, so no.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
    edited October 2009
    Campion wrote: »
    Well Parappa was a rhythm game, so no.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Brolo on
    edited October 2009
    he sayin you a butt

TheySlashThem on
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Hasn't PC gaming been dead for like 5 years now? Or just dying? I can't remember.

It's alive like The Simpsons is alive.

thriving and actually pretty good despite a legion of uninformed shit talkers?

that sounds about right

except I really like saying PC GAMING IS DEAD

luv u

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2009
    I've played a bunch of great games on PC this year. Prototype, Batman, Fallout 3, Crysis, Left 4 Dead. PC Gaming isn't anywhere near dead. In fact the increasing number of console games being ported to PC makes it more enjoyable than it's been for a while. Prototype was actually better on PC than consoles.

Tube on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    And Borderlands is honestly a fucking blast. You should pick it up, Tube, if you're still in Cali.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hahaha evil babies

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I've played a bunch of great games on PC this year. Prototype, Batman, Fallout 3, Crysis, Left 4 Dead. PC Gaming isn't anywhere near dead. In fact the increasing number of console games being ported to PC makes it more enjoyable than it's been for a while. Prototype was actually better on PC than consoles.

What does this have to do with the comic?

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    And Borderlands is honestly a fucking blast. You should pick it up, Tube, if you're still in Cali.

Edge absolutely slated it. Like, I thought I was reading a review for the Matrix Online. Ok, maybe not that bad, but you get the picture. However, a lot of people here seem to think it's awesome so I don't even know what to think.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited October 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »

It's about the newspost, pay attention.

Brolo on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »

The newspost talks about the death of PC Gaming. In addition you are not a moderator, and if you continue to act in the manner of one even for such a banal reason as to wind me up this distinction will be made more clear to you by means of a permanent "Jailed" avatar.

Tube on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    stone. cold.

also tube what is your steam do you like shootin zombies y/n?

Abracadaniel on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Edge absolutely slated it. Like, I thought I was reading a review for the Matrix Online. Ok, maybe not that bad, but you get the picture. However, a lot of people here seem to think it's awesome so I don't even know what to think.

Perhaps popular opinion on these boards plus the fact that it's getting solid reviews score from the majority of professionals should outweigh what Edge Magazine thinks in this instance.

august on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    eep

PC gaming won't die so long as MMOs remain a profitable venture (i.e. the near, far, distant, and there-is-only-war distant future)

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They're still making crazy-ass video cards and such. Not sure where the death is, here.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Quad SLIs with $600ea. video cards.

Intel "Extreme" processors with giant water-pumped coolers overclocked to 9.66 Ghz.

Cases with more LEDs than the alien mothership in Close Encounters.

These aren't exactly "business" machines you know.

jwalk on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    They're still making crazy-ass video cards and such. Not sure where the death is, here.

Consoles are going to kill PCs in the same way Linux is going to kill Windows.

Very few people really care as long as they have good options available. Consoles, PCs, Linux, and Windows will probably always be around in a meaningful way.

MKR on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dubh wrote: »

The death that doesn't actually exist is more about the death of developers creating versions specifically for the PC, since as someone else mentioned, there's a tremendous dearth of variation with PCs, depending on your processor, RAM, graphics card, etc and trying to be compatible with everything is near impossible; meanwhile, on a console the hardware is going to remain the same for at least a few years and it's all standardized components versus frankenputers some folks build.

Abracadaniel on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    was Prototype worth buying? it looked like a fun game, but all the marketing they did gave me the impression that it only looked pretty and had nothing under the hood

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Ever since what it said about my wife, PC gaming has been dead to me.

But really, if hardware becomes such an issue then PC gaming will just move away from crippling hardware dependence. So console gaming will become all about the big-screen, HD, cinema gaming experience and PC gaming will just indulge in different types of gaming. Either that or the software layer between hardware and game engine will just become sophisticated enough to compensate for the diverse selection of PC hardware.

Or something. PC gaming isn't a fixed concept, it will just evolve to suit the environment like it always has.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yeah, but that's just because you're poor

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    they just now put Force Unleashed on the PC

which is hilarious since there was such an uproar over the fact they weren't going to port it over

now it's too old for anyone to care

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited October 2009
    Also I just want to say I hope Tube saves all his money on vidja games so he can come back to Los Angeles because I miss him terribly

BusterK on
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    PC gaming is not dead

I just think the loudmouths are all flocking to their xboxes and their pee ess threes

(note: I love both consoles and the PC; I live in flavor country)

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    PC gaming is not dead

I just think the loudmouths are all flocking to their xboxes and their pee ess threes

(note: I love both consoles and the PC; I live in flavor country)

can I lick you?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited October 2009
    druhim stop trying to lick everybody

TheySlashThem on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    look TDOT I'm sorry my licking was not satisfactory for you

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg