As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Friends, Forumites, Countrymen [POLITICS]

• celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Glenn Beck just makes me blue.

There's no argument there. Nothing to push back on. Just sentiments that leave you feeling icky.

I need newspapers, by the way -- I have absurdly low blood pressure. Getting mad is good for me! (So is a 1:1 salt-to-food ratio.)

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    keep saying it, glenn beck is an amazing troll

PiptheFair on
  • Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    keep saying it, glenn beck is an amazing troll

he deserves a day-time emmy award for best actor

(seriously though, he's a fucking nut-case)

Mr. Buttons on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seriously, think of the most prolific trolls you've ever even heard of.

Glenn Beck is more trolly than that person by like, orders of magnitude.

Metzger Meister on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Snowbeat wrote: »

reagan.gif

RAWR, I'M A FUCKING CARIBOO

Meiz on
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So do people really believe Glen Beck? I could never imagine a person who would seriously think he is smart or well informed or anything close to that.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited October 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    So do people really believe Glen Beck? I could never imagine a person who would seriously think he is smart or well informed or anything close to that.

You are living in a dream world

edit: I mean, look, he doesn't have some of the biggest ratings on talk television because people think he's joking. There is a huge part of the population that is hanging off his every word.

Langly on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    that sounds good except...
    fuck. robots. I don't need Will Smith to save me anytime soon.

that's not what this dream monitor says

I just want a food replicator so I can say "Tea...Earl Gray...Hot" every 10 minutes.

and every 10 minutes you get a cup of something almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea

I hope Captain Picard phasers you in the nuts.

Also, I don't know anything about tea. I drink coffee, because I'm a man.

I don't drink either because I am not powered by caffeine

Caffeine is awesome.

hatred and rage is better

i just throw some amphetamines in the mix and i'm good to go with the hatred and rage

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • NebulousQNebulousQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have never listened nor read Glen Beck before, but I just read that article that was linked. It was filled with sensationalized fluff, but he did have one good point. Healthcare is expensive and how does the government plan to pay for it? I am afraid of the answer, that is why I am getting my investments out of the american dollar.

NebulousQ on
    edited October 2009
    I think there are a lot of people who watch him just because he says insane things.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
    edited October 2009

there was that lady who was armed to the teeth and hanging outside of a national guard depot, worried it was something to do with FEMA

I have a buddy who likes Glenn Beck

Dude is really quite intelligent

I think he considers it all a big joke

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited October 2009

[Deleted User] on
    edited October 2009
    I think there are a lot of people who watch him just because he says insane things.

I come from a fairly conservative part of the country and I can tell you that conservatives do not think he is crazy.

Langly on
    edited October 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »

there was that lady who was armed to the teeth and hanging outside of a national guard depot, worried it was something to do with FEMA

I have a buddy who likes Glenn Beck

Dude is really quite intelligent

I think he considers it all a big joke

A lot of people take Glenn Beck seriously. A lot

Totally

I can't even distinguish with my pal every time

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

2.6 million viewers on average... and he had his teaparty 9/12 thing that had people singing his praises for how he was the only one to inform them of the truth (well, him and fox)... I can only hope that his last few weeks of absolute ruhtard paranoia (OnStar is spying on you) is going to have some of the people watching start questioning how "with-it" he actually is.

Mr. Buttons on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    NebulousQ wrote: »
    I have never listened nor read Glen Beck before, but I just read that article that was linked. It was filled with sensationalized fluff, but he did have one good point. Healthcare is expensive and how does the government plan to pay for it? I am afraid of the answer, that is why I am getting my investments out of the american dollar.

Good, fuck you, we don't want your investment money.

Pansy.

Metzger Meister on
    edited October 2009

[Deleted User] on
    edited October 2009
    double post for double the crazy

Langly on
    edited October 2009

[Deleted User] on
    edited October 2009
    "OnStar is spying on you"

oh man, really

yesssss
    i'm just waiting for when he paints the walls with his own feces to keep the goblins asleep

Metzger Meister on
    edited October 2009
    nooooo now i'm the crazy one

Langly on
    edited October 2009

Pansy.

=(

Hey I am planning to buy some american land, that's money into the economy. Guess I should invest in Sam Adams or something? Gotta be a manly man.

NebulousQ on
    edited October 2009
    e: whoops double post somehow

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

so instead of helping, you make things worse.

great job!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited October 2009

Pansy.

=(

Hey I am planning to buy some american land, that's money into the economy. Guess I should invest in Sam Adams or something? Gotta be a manly man.

Invest in a gun.

Land is a good way to go though, yeah. And gold, of course. Can't go wrong with investing in gold.

Metzger Meister on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    THEY DON'T TAKE GOLD AT WALMART?!?!? wtf, this is 'Murrica!

GRMike on
    edited October 2009

Pansy.

=(

Invest in a gun.

Land is a good way to go though, yeah. And gold, of course. Can't go wrong with investing in gold.

we'll be back on the gold standard in ten years, tops

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • LordaenLordaen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Got bless 'Murrica

Lordaen on
    edited October 2009

great job!

There is nothing I can do that will help anything if the government decides to print more money or tries to borrow more, but foreign investors require higher interest rates or don't lend at all.

Also, I am not just moving my money into international investments, but rather I am planning to make investments that are not tied to the value of the american dollar. Such investments can still put money into our economy.

edit:

Also, I shall invest in a gun! As per metz's advice, he is totally correct. Gotta be prepared for possible zombie apocalypse or alien invasions.

NebulousQ on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

great job!

There is nothing I can do that will help anything if the government decides to print more money or tries to borrow more, but foreign investors require higher interest rates or don't lend at all.

Also, I am not just moving my money into international investments, but rather I am planning to make investments that are not tied to the value of the american dollar. Such investments can still put money into our economy.

you crazy

there's no way the amount of money this plan will cost is going to be enough to crash the dollar even if they just pulled a Mugabe and started printing the cash to pay for it.

which they can't do legally anyway

but if you're sure about this, I have an investment plan you might be interested in

MrMonroe on
    edited October 2009

great job!

edit:

Also, I shall invest in a gun! As per metz's advice, he is totally correct. Gotta be prepared for possible zombie apocalypse or alien invasions.

now invest in a skimask, a suit, and several friends similarly attired.

and a white panel van.

Metzger Meister on
    edited October 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I remember this kind of crazy during the whole Clinton impeachment process.

edit: not this level of crazy fears, but for the time it felt like a big deal

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    was america this crazy when clinton was elected btw

The crazy was turned up to 10 once Obama announced his candidacy, but it was always there in the background.

MKR on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    man everybody gettin' all mad cause he like his dick sucked

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited October 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    you crazy

there's no way the amount of money this plan will cost is going to be enough to crash the dollar even if they just pulled a Mugabe and started printing the cash to pay for it.

which they can't do legally anyway

but if you're sure about this, I have an investment plan you might be interested in

Oh, it's not just the plan, but the whole string of bailouts, ARRA spending, etc. The value of the dollar has already been dropping and some say the inflation rate is bound to start increasing. I am not really worried about the dollar "crashing", if it did we would be screwed anyways. Just that if my investments are in things that are directly tied to the american dollar, then I will lose a significant amount of my purchasing power.

NebulousQ on
    edited October 2009
    man everybody gettin' all mad cause he like his dick sucked

i remember my parents being mad, not so much about him getting a blow-jay, but the fact that he lied about it in court.

Metzger Meister on
    edited October 2009
    now invest in a skimask, a suit, and several friends similarly attired.

and a white panel van.

Ok, will do.

NebulousQ on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    The campus bookstore has two Glenn Beck books on their at-the-door shelf

two

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png