Options

ROCK BAND: Don't post here.

1565758596062»

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    100% of all double fabs and triple fabs strike me as the only things that I could never get.

I'm too lazy to get most of the 100% song stuff, which is quite a different matter.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    100% of all double fabs and triple fabs strike me as the only things that I could never get.

I'm too lazy to get most of the 100% song stuff, which is quite a different matter.

Those are the two trophies that I thought were absolutely absurd. Even a few others that I'm unlikely to get personally seemed reasonable, and potentially doable with enough practice. Nailing all double and triple fabs though? I won't even think about trying to do that.

Ketar on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You can do it on easy.

The double fabs are pretty easy but I haven't gone through all of the songs with my sister yet.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Okay, I found a copy of Lego Rock Band for $60au which was cool. I did the transfer, and the export is sitting in my PS3 download queue. Question - if I sell the copy, will I always be able to download the export pack? Or is it a one time download?

-Loki- on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Okay, I found a copy of Lego Rock Band for $60au which was cool. I did the transfer, and the export is sitting in my PS3 download queue. Question - if I sell the copy, will I always be able to download the export pack? Or is it a one time download?

You need to actually use your copy of LEGO Rock Band to download the export pack.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Does the PS3 have the equivalent of the 360 download history? You would be able to get it from there.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Does the PS3 have the equivalent of the 360 download history? You would be able to get it from there.

I know it has a transaction history, but I don't know if there are redownload links from it.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone else noticed that on the Playstation site where you can view trophies online that it doesn't list Beatles Rockband at all? For example, I've got about 34% iirc and yet it doesn't even show up at all.

EDIT: For example, it lists Rock Band 2 fine. Which I played a little of after I'd been playing BRB for a couple of days.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So thanks to my royalties from the sale in my sig + a bit more Xmas money, I've just bought both Abbey Road and Sgt Peppers.

Anyone up for some B:RB?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm down if you're still up for it.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Give me a couple minutes then

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    anyone want to come in for vox or guit/bass for the medley?

going for the million points achieve.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    To answer Loki, and anyone else wondering:

Yes, there is a previous downloads tab in the PS Store, and yes, you can always re-download from them, and like nearly all other downloads, Rock Band content can be downloaded onto five different PS3s. This includes the Lego Rock Band pack.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Yes, there is a previous downloads tab in the PS Store, and yes, you can always re-download from them, and like nearly all other downloads, Rock Band content can be downloaded onto five different PS3s. This includes the Lego Rock Band pack.

Didn't they change that 'five different PS3s' thing recently? Or was that about something else?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It was a typo stating it was three.

They've clarified that it's still five and will remain so

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hell of a typo, that. Though the downside is that once you download it, you can't get rid of it without getting rid of everything else and re-downloading everything.

For everybody's sake, I hope they do away with that extremely silly restriction. Or an 'ignore' function. I can live with both.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ill post this here since this thread is actually active - but can I use my Rock Band calibration numbers in other games? Ive never looked to see if my Beatles, RB2 and Lego numbers all match, but I recently got DJ Hero and the calibration is a fucking nightmare.

Is calibration universal? Id think it would be, as its just telling you the lag from the box to the tv and surround sound - but then again Activision likes to make things difficult. I cant get a decent calibration manually, so I was wondering if I can just pop the RB numbers in and it would be set.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Between the different RB games the calibration numbers should, but won't necessarily be similar. Between Harmonix and Activision games, the calibration numbers will be nowhere close to similar because the different respective game engines handle output differently. You're out of luck on that front.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Thanks I reliased it was in download history, just didn't know if the download only worked once though.

Turns out I only get $28au for trading Lego Rockband in, so I'm not even going to bother trading it in. I'll just leave it there in case I get the urge to play Rock Band with legos.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I came across this on Amazon:

41GNORTAxkL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

For one, it gives me a replacement pedal should one break in the future. Secondly, it has the double-bass-pedal adapter. So ... has anyone played with two pedals? Is it easier or just 'different'? I'm still weighing whether it's worth it, or if it'll help me with some more complex bass-heavy songs.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I came across this on Amazon:

For one, it gives me a replacement pedal should one break in the future. Secondly, it has the double-bass-pedal adapter. So ... has anyone played with two pedals? Is it easier or just 'different'? I'm still weighing whether it's worth it, or if it'll help me with some more complex bass-heavy songs.

It's considered more of a novelty than anything genuinely useful amongst friends that I have over to play Rock Band. I haven't really been able to experiment with the second pedal much myself yet.

Ketar on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    From what I understand from a friend that has an adapter, both pedals count as one input, which means that you can't rest one foot with the pedal depressed and have the other foot push on a pedal.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Between the different RB games the calibration numbers should, but won't necessarily be similar. Between Harmonix and Activision games, the calibration numbers will be nowhere close to similar because the different respective game engines handle output differently. You're out of luck on that front.

I've been using my RB numbers in GH Metallica and GHWT with no issues at all.

PS3 over here btw.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    From what I understand from a friend that has an adapter, both pedals count as one input, which means that you can't rest one foot with the pedal depressed and have the other foot push on a pedal.

Depends on the style. I think Harmonix's adapter has circuity that lets you do that. Some are just dumb splitters which will result in not being able to keep one down.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

If you were to just use a headphone splitter, this would be the case. However the official release that's pictured has a splitter with a cut-off, so after one input fires off it cuts the signal, allowing the second one to register regardless of the state of the first pedal.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    And the overall usefulness is pretty much limited to songs with an abundance of bass. If you find yourself playing almost exclusively the metal tracks, then it might be useful. Otherwise, it's really just a backup in case the 'main' pedal breaks.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Double bass is a fucking hard skill to pick up and master. You will need to practice tons before it helps you out at all.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Arikado on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Double bass is a fucking hard skill to pick up and master. You will need to practice tons before it helps you out at all.

Especially since the average Rock Band drummer hasn't had to use their non-kick foot for anything.

A tangential and sad thing: I've been attempting to re-score every song I have so that they're nicely arranged in the Starred display, largely just to force myself to play songs I wouldn't normally. Out of ~240 songs, I'm down to about 50 left to re-score. As would be expected, some of those are songs I FC'd and can't seem to do so again, some are Keith Moon retarded...and then there's "We Got the Beat".

For some reason, I can GS "Colony of Birchmen", "The Trees", "Siva" and a gang of other shit and STILL I can't even get four fucking stars on "We Got the Beat". It is the bane of my existence. I hate it so hard.

metaghost on