As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forza 3 is pretty dope

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    In Forza 2 I play without the driving or brake line on

I keep most of the other stuff on though

because man

I am bad enough at driving as it is

Moriveth on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I keep the brake line on until I get comfortable with the course. I don't need no line to show me when to put the pedal to the floor though.

I might try to drive without it on Forza 3 for a few races and see how that goes. Usually until I get a decent car I'm just so focused on getting my junker to squeeze past everybody that I'm oblivious to the corners unless I see that yellow or red line start to show up.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    uugh

assists in a racing sim

you should be ashamed

yes

how dare these new people try a new game type where they may need help at first

They should suffer unmercifully until they quit in frustration.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Damn straight

keep the racing blood pure

The Black Hunter on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I felt so accomplished when I actually won a race

I was like wooooo!

It's crushing when I do really well, though, and then fuck up in the last second of the last lap and everyone races past me and fuck I'm eighth god damn it

Moriveth on
    edited October 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I felt so accomplished when I actually won a race

I was like wooooo!

It's crushing when I do really well, though, and then fuck up in the last second of the last lap and everyone races past me and fuck I'm eighth god damn it

I've only played 3 races so far but this is exactly why I love the new rewind feature.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This rewind feature sounds a bit gay. It's not a racing sim without massive frustration and racing a track 1000 times until you know it like your own face.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    This rewind feature sounds a bit gay. It's not a racing sim without massive frustration and racing a track 1000 times until you know it like your own face.

Then don't use it? Hell, I am a beginner at this racing sim scene and I only use it when I really screw up a turn. if it's bad but I pull out of it I just suck it up. It can be used just like an assist for the beginning learning the ropes then gradually turned off/just not used when they get better.

I had brake assist on for awhile until i realized it wasn't really assisting as much as just doing it for me. I was able to just lay a book on the gas pedal (No, not literally) and be able take all the turns easy enough.

Helpless Rock on
    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I learnt in GT that traction control only slows me down

quite literally

TCS senses wheel slip and puts the brakes on that wheel to provide the friction that was missing

so I turned it off and now I am the coolest cool guy

The Black Hunter on
    edited October 2009
    I'm gonna have to load up Forza 2 again just to see which assists I had turned off by the time I stopped playing it.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited October 2009
    or just turn off all of them B)

The Black Hunter on
  • IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    man i want this

but money is scarce and i preordered assassin's creed 2 already...

Iskander on
    edited October 2009
    All I want out of a driving sim is old school cars really

The Black Hunter on
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been having a hell of a time trying to find races online. We should set some races up.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
    edited November 2009
    So is no one playing this? Come on, don't make me resort to fucking G&T for some races. Because I just might do it.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just do it douche bag. Its most of the same fucking dudes.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2009

Woah dude. T'was a joke. I'm posting there too. I'm just a little surprised that there's so little interest over here is all. It's an awesome game!

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Somehow I've missed this entire thread.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
    edited November 2009

Woah dude. T'was a joke. I'm posting there too. I'm just a little surprised that there's so little interest over here is all. It's an awesome game!

Well my copy arrives tomorrow. After a few hours getting used to it I'll be up for some multiplay races.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Somehow I've missed this entire thread.

You and me would race so hard if I had a 360 :(

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited November 2009

Well my copy arrives tomorrow. After a few hours getting used to it I'll be up for some multiplay races.

Rad!

Sorry for coming off as an ass.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
    edited November 2009

Rad!

Its cool. I was also half joking cause of the forum racism you threw down oooOOOooHhHhH

Do you race sim style? With shifting and what not?

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2009

Rad!

Its cool. I was also half joking cause of the forum racism you threw down oooOOOooHhHhH

Do you race sim style? With shifting and what not?

I try to be as sim as I can be without shifting. I can't afford a wheel, and I can't get into it otherwise.

Sometimes I only do limited damage though, because bumping dudes out of your way can be pretty fun. And they usually start it!

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
    edited November 2009
    Yeah in the demo I was kinda excited for the damage model and trying to keep the car in tip top shape but then I started getting paranoid.

So now I just try to do the pit maneuver if they start shit.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2009
    If I ever get passed by getting hit, that son of a bitch is going to get drifted into at the next corner. The best part is, I usually barely lose any speed.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
    edited November 2009
    Man, why did Turn 10 ditch the qualifying before each race? Every car on the grid is placed in order of speed...expect the players which is placed last. Fuck that noise. It's making the 2/3 lap early races almost impossible to do without resorting to demolition derby.

It just reeks of being a video game.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Man, why did Turn 10 ditch the qualifying before each race? Every car on the grid is placed in order of speed...expect the players which is placed last. Fuck that noise. It's making the 2/3 lap early races almost impossible to do without resorting to demolition derby.

It just reeks of being a video game.

Yeah, that's pretty balls at the start. But I just turned down the difficulty to medium and blasted through it. In the longer races I really don't mind though. Passin' dudes is my favourite part.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
    edited November 2009
    Yeah I wouldn't mind it if I didn't have 2 laps to pass eight cars and fuuuck I'm stuck behind two Aveos and a PT Cruiser GET OFF THE DAMN TRACK. RAMMING SPEED!

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Also its probably because its a video game.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2009
    It was the worst on that five-door challenge track where you only had 1.5 miles total to go from 8th to 1st, and 1/4 of the track was just one big turn so you couldn't really overtake heavily on that section.

Also, racing with a wheel is hard but so awesome. Doing that new mountain course with a Lancer Evo while using it was awesome as hell.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Downloaded the demo of this a couple weeks ago.

Whoo!

Boring!

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Framling wrote: »

Whoo!

Boring!

Man.

You just don't get it.

*sneer*

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited November 2009
    JC of DI wrote: »
    It was the worst on that five-door challenge track where you only had 1.5 miles total to go from 8th to 1st, and 1/4 of the track was just one big turn so you couldn't really overtake heavily on that section.

Also, racing with a wheel is hard but so awesome. Doing that new mountain course with a Lancer Evo while using it was awesome as hell.

Hideo Kojima? Because that is the best track I've ever raced on in any racing game ever.

Move over rainbow road.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
    edited November 2009
    It's so good.

I also really enjoy taking the old cars in the game for a spin around the biggest iteration of that island map, just doing hot laps over and over.

I'm so terrible with these new track names still. I know Le Mans though! And that's a really nice track, too!

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Framling wrote: »

Whoo!

Boring!

Man.

You just don't get it.

*sneer*

I fully understand that it really isn't for me, like I just don't want to play a racing sim, I want to play a racing game.

But a guy at work was like "Oh man, it's so good," and I mentioned that I really didn't foresee a day when a racing game got me to play it instead of Burnout Paradise, which I totally love. So he told me to download the demo. And I was riiiiiiiiight.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • edited November 2009
    JC of DI wrote: »
    If people don't like sim racers they shouldn't be turned away by Forza 3 just because of its legacy.

It has a feature where the game applies the brakes for you.

but it only does this in GMs with on*star

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    I wanna buy this but I don't really have much money

considering doing some trades or something

Monoxide on
    edited November 2009
    If you're a fan or the genre, or especially the franchise, it's a must buy.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    yeah

the problem with must buys is that they require money though

that is the issue here

Monoxide on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    or stealing

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.