Options

Let's Make Some Money...to buy Naurto:CoNR3! Out Now!

• Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    worst damn thing by FAR is the removal of BBX being able to connect. It greatly alienates my friends who arent anywhere near as good as I am. I used the BBX excuse to help them feel like they could even the odds when playing against me. Now theyve changed the gravity of the game which keeps the super from connecting to the most basic combo. Wake up supers are also really hard to pull off as well. This really is the professional fighter's version.

delphinus on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    BBX works fine in this game.

Where you playing EX1 by any chance? That's the only game I know for a fact where you can get out of everyone (except naruto's) bb.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    A good Naruto fighter would be fun, and this looks solid, but I can't imagine playing online would do anything more than enrage me... It's been too long since I've played any fighting games, and even longer since I was good at any.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'd wait a week or two after launch to really determine how well the online is.

Heck one of my friends is a fighting game nut, got a review copy of Blazblue and thought the online was terrible when he was only playing against developers, and two weeks later it's more or less the best online fighting game netcode wise.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It's going to take...a very long time to unlock everyone.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd wait a week or two after launch to really determine how well the online is.

Heck one of my friends is a fighting game nut, got a review copy of Blazblue and thought the online was terrible when he was only playing against developers, and two weeks later it's more or less the best online fighting game netcode wise.

BlazBlue had a launch day patch that revamped the online code though. You don't see a lot of patches for Wii games. I would personally expect this to be stuck with whatever online code we get at launch. I hope its good, but I don't have very high expectations.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I had two shitty matches, reset my modem and had two good ones.

Oh, and if you want a decent example of how long it takes to unlock everyone in this game: Think Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh God no. I used a Japanese savegame to unlock my characters in MvC2 because that shit was terrible.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It's maybe a bit easier than that.

Similar number of characters.

They give you 50,000 ryo for loading the game up for the first time and 50, 000 for having a CoNR2 save.

Every character besides those eight in the picture on page two are locked, and have to be unlocked and paid for. So it's not random like MvC2, thank the makers.

So you start with Naruto, Kakashi, Gaara, Lee, Might Guy, Tenten, Neji, and Sakura. More or less the hero characters involved with the first story arc.

Beat story on regular difficulty and you'll be able to buy Chiyo,Temari, Kankuro, and a bunch of other characters, including the villians you beat. You still have to pay for them though.

Regular Hidden leaf villagers are 10k.

Sand are 12k, Chiyo is 20k.

I don't remember how much the Akatsuki members were because I bought them so damn fast, but it's a lot.

You can buy the filler characters when you boot the game up if you have a save. Komachi in particular is fucking worth it.

Also for the love of pete scroll all the way down and spend some of your first load of money on mission mode, you'll need that to make money and I think unlock some characters.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    That doesn't seem so bad then. I never got CoNR2, but I should be able to download save game data and pop it on an SD card right?

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In theory, yes.

I heard awhile back that they patched it so you can't just download saves to games you never played in the system before, but I've never tested it myself.

50k is a drop in the fucking bucket compared to the total cost. The last character is 100k. I have two 30k's in the shadows, Chiyo left to buy and a couple of others.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Too bad that 100k character is one of the ones I want to try out the most and there aren't any videos of him yet.

I just don't like unlocking that many characters in fighting games. I prefer that things that don't effect online matches (costumes, stages, modes, extras, etc.) be unlockable while characters (or at least the vast majority of characters be unlocked from the get go.

I suppose I'll cruise on over to the GameFAQs boards and see if I can't wade through the shit to find an answer on that save game bit.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    That's the one problem with CONR3 being online: Locked save. You gotta work for this one.

Also just about no one has the 100k character. Just like the really expensive one from CoN2 you need everyone else first.

Unlike CoN2 all the other characters was about...10-12 total? This game? 32.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    That's the one problem with CONR3 being online: Locked save. You gotta work for this one.

Also just about no one has the 100k character. Just like the really expensive one from CoN2 you need everyone else first.

Unlike CoN2 all the other characters was about...10-12 total? This game? 32.

Ah, I see. Oh well. I probably won't get my copy for another week (the downside to finding deals online) so the dedicated folks will probably have the entire game unlocked and a couple videos up on youtube before I get my hands on it.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to have him unlocked before NSMB Wii comes out.

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

This might involve a stack of dvds, and a laptop, and a lot of iced tea, but it's happening.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ok, I'm giving up for a few hours, but I have a good strat down that should help people get most of the unlocks fairly quickly.

Beat the story mode on standard difficulty

Unlock Mission Mode -20k

Unlock Kisame -whatever the hell price he is

Unlock Difficulty 4

Set it to difficulty 4 (has no effect on mission mode but does effect the AI of your water clones.

Do Kisame's mission three, the ten man attack mode. Try to get as many perfects or as close as perfects as possible. Kisame is a great choice because he does so much damn damage, has a chakra control special and a real time special that the computer just can't seem to ever block. Use BBB AA, the second A giving you a water dude. Water dude will probably trap other dude or block a KNJ. Laugh, back up, hit back and a to dismiss him so you don't lose too much chakra, and repeat. When the opponent is around 30% health, do a water shark bomb and probably win. If you get a perfect you'll get 600 for the first round, up to around 1300-1600 for the later rounds for 15 seconds of work. You'll get over 1000 for any later near perfects too, so don't get discouraged.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Allright, non spoiler guide to unlocking everyone.

Beat story mode on normal
    Beat story mode on easy
    unlock missions mode. (Bottom of the shop)
    Buy anyone you see in a black and red cloak
    Get 20% complete on their missions. Might be 30%
    Buy the new black and red cloak guys.
    Buy everyone else you can.
    Get 20% on their missions.
    Buy the second to last dude availible.
    Get 20% on everyone availible, should be 39 characters.
    Get 40% or more on Kakashi.
    Beat Kakashi's tenth mission.
    Beat Kakashi's tenth mission...again.

Success!

How missions work.

Each character has the ten same missions, organized by rank

First mission-Fight your rival-harder version of someone the character has a connection with.
    Second mission-2 on 1 against someone you have a connection with. You choose partner
    Third mission-Fight ten dudes.
    Fourth mission-Fight ten dudes, have to win by special.
    Fifth mission-Fight ten dudes, can't use KNJ. (L or R to escape combos)
    Sixth mission-Fight ten dudes, no heals in between matches.
    Seventh mission-Rack up a combo of x against a shadow ninja who doesn't block, die or fight back, x is different for each character.
    Eighth mission-3 dudes versus your one dude. Set automatically on easy mode, so not actually that bad!
    Ninth mission-2 on 2 tag match against a team, usually with some connection to you. You choose your partner.
    Ten mission- Fight your ultimate rival, with the same properties as the games final boss (Highest difficulty, extra damage, faster guard crush, super armor, must be killed via the X special, no left, right or down specials if applicable.)

Each mission is worth up to 10%. You get 1% for trying and failing a mission, earning the apprentice rank. Higher rank, higher percentage complete. Genin is 2 or 3, Chunin is 4 or 5, Jonin is 6 or 7, Special Jonin is 8, Head Ninja is 9, Hokage is 10.

Rank is determined by how much health you have left and how fast you accomplish it. 80-85% health and a decent speed is basically a guarantee of hokage rank. The easiest two missions are the first two, eight and nine.

Kakashi, the only character you seemingly need to worry about getting more than 20% with has a bunch of options.

In the combo mission you can move the dummy against the wall and hit up and a (NOT JUMP and A, Up and A) repeatedly for an easy ten. Add that to mission 1 and 2, and 8 and 9 and you're at 50. His mission ten rival tends to fall into the down and a counter ground rape move a whole hell of a lot, so that one is easy to get a ten on as well.

Happy unlocking.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yes, I unlocked everyone last night.

15 hours, maybe 30 minutes of it just sitting there discussing with people online how to unlock stuff.

Since I know how to do it now I could probably do it all in under six.

Impressions of New Characters.

Chiyo - Plays like no other character in any other game ever. You move chiyo, and use her moves to co-ordinate her puppets. Only during LNP can you get instant relocation of her puppets without using the log to cancel out of an opponents combo. However if you have your positioning right her puppets can output some mean combos. It's really like having three characters at the same time, with you main one being semi useless, unlike Kankuro, who is still the primary weak attacker and is closer to controlling 1.5 characters at a time even with his team of three. You will find her to be helluva frustrating until you've had some severe practice.

ANBU Kakashi- Last character you will get. Plays like Kakashi from Revo1/2, only with some slight moveset differences. His Sharingan costs a whole bar, gives you a counter a semi real time aerial chidori grab that does ridiculous damage. His real time Sharingan is also really fucking deadly. His LNP is all specials cost 75%, which is stupidly good in the end game where a few blocks can give you that amount of chakra.

That's it for new new, now for new to US players.

Sakura- Surprised to see her here? She's a new, better character. From shurikens, run, and teleport away to run up, beat down, mid string teleporting mania. All her moves flow together well, she has a lot of mix up in her combos, and putting on her gloves (down+a, gives her a pink glow) saps chakra but increases her already high damage to ridiculous levels. Better yet, doesn't cost a thing in LNP! She honestly plays a lot like the old Sasuke did, but a million times better.

Sasuke-Sasuke with a sword. Hard to beat at first because of mid string teleports. Will be beaten by scrubs all the time until you have it down. Good air suppression with his fire move.

Sai- Good keep away, great damage, can't take a hit. Fun specials, Down+X special comes back in LNP for super damage.

Yamato- Good keep away, great damage, can't take a hit. Even more so than Sai. Wood moves are fun. Great, fantastic back+b and back+a moves. CREEPY LOOKING FUCKER.

Kakuzu- Robot mid/long range bastard. Goofy specials. No idea what his LNP does. Has decent mix up to keep you away and guessing. Annoying to Fight.

Hidan-Hilariously fun, good poke damage, great guard crushing. Crazy moves I still haven't quite figured out.

Hiruko- Ultimate range. Fast for such a big dude. Poison reverses controls temporarily. Tons and tons and tons of kunai. From everywhere. Hard to pin down. Surprisingly fragile for a big dude, closer to average stamina compared to what you'd think for a gigantic bug armor thingee.

Sasori- IS SO FUCKING FUN. Can't take a hit at all, but he can dish it out. Watch out for some of his spastic moves, hard to get the inside track on. Great special. Free LNP poison on next hit.

Deidara - Art is an explosion. Mix Snake from Brawl with Shino from this game. Basically if you let off him too long he'll completely dominate all of the space. Great damage, great get aways. Can't take a hit, but honestly almost none of the new cast can at all.

Tenten- Has gone from range almost exclusively to more melee focused. Hard to get used to. Mines are great. Some of the weapons are good, but she only holds onto them in LNP.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    Professor HydronProfessor Hydron Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Checked out the movie? Any good?

So this game was leaked early or just dates weren't correct?

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
    Nintendo Network: ProfHydron
    XBox Gamertag: ProfHydron
    Friend Safari: Fighting ~ Machoke, Pancham, Breloom add me and tag or msg me and I'll add you back
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Apparently just no street date.

Haven't watched the movie yet, will do if I'm ever extraordinarily bored.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Couldn't find this game when I looked yesterday, but then again, I wasn't really expecting to find it so quickly. I got a few other people looking into the game too, and I'll take another look for it tomorrow.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ten mission- Fight your ultimate rival, with the same properties as the games final boss (Highest difficulty, extra damage, faster guard crush, super armor, must be killed via the X special, no left, right or down specials if applicable.)

Goddamnit.

Mashing out a victory in story mode against that crap was already frustrating enough.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The only one you have to do is Kakashi's.

He just happens to have a move the CPU can't handle at all, Down+A. Use it, holding a, the second you see the computer twitch, release a, then instantly hit L or R or run foward to avoid the KNJ. Rinse, repeat.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm stuck on the fight against Deidara where I control Kakashi and I have to defeat him using "Secret Technique after Sharingan" and I literally have no idea what the hell to do. I do the sharingan by pressing back and special, which gives me lightning shit around me, and then if I press special again I just make a glyph in the air and say this should end things, but nothing happens. Anyone got some help?

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm stuck on the fight against Deidara where I control Kakashi and I have to defeat him using "Secret Technique after Sharingan" and I literally have no idea what the hell to do. I do the sharingan by pressing back and special, which gives me lightning shit around me, and then if I press special again I just make a glyph in the air and say this should end things, but nothing happens. Anyone got some help?

You have to HOLD THE BUTTONS DOWN. Basically, charge up your special and it'll automatically come out once it's done charging. You don't even need to aim it.

Have fun against the final boss!

• Options
    edited November 2009
    B:L wrote: »

You have to HOLD THE BUTTONS DOWN. Basically, charge up your special and it'll automatically come out once it's done charging. You don't even need to aim it.

Have fun against the final boss!

How the heck am I supposed to know that? :P I've already thrown random nearby objects on earlier fights, sounds like I'll like the final boss. Also thanks a bunch.

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I found the penultimate boss a LOT harder.

Tips for the last boss: Make sure damage is set at one, use your x in the air special for damage.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm a bit sad that they don't have the Japanese voice overs, but I understand it would take up a'lot of disk room.. I'm just hoping the english voices are not terrible, since you have to hear them for all the specials/hit grunts and so on.

I have GNT4 on gamecube, And at a gamestop played the original Clash of the ninja 1 and it was godawful.

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    CoN1 is kind of a promise of a better game to come.

Too few characters to take seriously these days. No guard crush makes the game a total turtle fest.

This game plays very close to GNT4, only with better balance. No 3 Man Cell mode though.

As for the VAing, I like them all except Chouji, who has always sucked in English, unless you are gay for chubbies.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've missed 3 man cell since it's removal. The group special attacks were pretty awesome when you picked compatible characters.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have no idea why they never brought that back. It's been three games now.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Who the fuck makes these scenario missions, jesus I hate this game in single player fuck.

Diedara or what ever his name was has a move that hits me for 3/4 of my life bar as charged up naruto. God damn it.

Yay chain stuns.

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Lower the damage.

I fought him on Damage 4 before. OHKO from some of his explosions.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Lower the damage.

I fought him on Damage 4 before. OHKO from some of his explosions.

I need to play this game less or chill out. What do you mean OHKO from some of his explosions? Is that a technique? There needs to be a better instruction manual instead of a 5 page 4 language pamphlet.

Also, how much more do I have to play?

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    on hit knock out.
    Jeez fett. try to keep up. And lay off the tekken 6!
    start playing this more!

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So I guess I'll be picking this up on my way home from work.
    Although I'm almost immediately diving into multiplayer. I wonder how many characters I can unlock in the span of half an hour.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Don't forget that if you have a Clash of Ninja 2 save, you get 50k free ryo to spend on unlocking stuff.

• Options
    edited November 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Don't forget that if you have a Clash of Ninja 2 save, you get 50k free ryo to spend on unlocking stuff.

This doesn't help me.
    Well, I'm probably going to try downloading a CoNR2 save, although I don't think that will work, since I never played that game on my Wii.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    CoNR1 save is also 50k.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I can't find this anywhere except at Gamestop... I really don't want to go there but it looks like I have to. Dammit.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell