Options

Let's Make Some Money...to buy Naurto:CoNR3! Out Now!

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just doing multi you should get 600 or so Ryo a match, so if you don't mind the same eight duders you could do that for awhile.

If you have a second person you can make decent money and have some fun doing 2 man survival. I think you need to unlock that though.

If you don't suck at the game you should be able to do the story mode on default difficulty in less than 30 minutes, less than 15 if you skip cutscenes, and that is the first step towards the rest of the roster, so I do urge most people to go that way to begin.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, I picked it up and decided to go through story mode to start unlocking characters... and all was well until I got to fighting Deidara as Nine-Tails Naruto. I tried for an hour/hour and a half... and I can't beat the bastard. He spams explosives like there's no tomorrow, so I can barely land a hit, complete a combo, dodge, or anything. And the few times I've knocked his health down all the way don't matter since you have to use an X special to complete the story mission.... I tried Down + X and it didn't complete. I'm really at a loss.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    edited November 2009
    ADVICE.

Start off the match with a down+A. When you have 75% chakra do x in the air whenever he's doing anything that keeps him still for a moment. That should bring his health down to about 50%. Then either use down+a or back+b to keep safe.

You need to use X to win, at around 25% or less. My best advice is to try and get behind him and use it when he's on the ground.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ADVICE.

Start off the match with a down+A. When you have 75% chakra do x in the air whenever he's doing anything that keeps him still for a moment. That should bring his health down to about 50%. Then either use down+a or back+b to keep safe.

You need to use X to win, at around 25% or less. My best advice is to try and get behind him and use it when he's on the ground.

Thank you! Using your advice it only took a couple more attempts.

Mblackwell on

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Also, for Chiyo one of the tricks I discovered with her puppets was that wake up teleports put you and your puppets together, and your jump attacks cause your puppets to sweep under you and end up nearer to you (especially close if you're in the right place in the arena). Beyond that you simply have to rely on the Dad puppets circular attacks to keep people at bay when they get close to you. She's probably the most complicated character I've seen in a fighter, really.

Mblackwell on

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Down+Y and the Puppet button will also bring them closeish.

In LNP, It will bring them right on top of Chiyo. In fact that's how I win most of my matches with her so far.

I'll probably still be learning Chiyo this time next year. She's more likely than not the most complicated character to control in the history of fighting games.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Got this game yesterday and dove into multiplayer. A ton of fun. Team matches (where everyone is on the field at the same time) are just awesome.

Neji is probably my favorite so far, although there's a lot of characters I'm looking forward to trying once they are unlocked.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    BTW, Neji is amazing for making money in 10 man battle mode. Computer just can't handle his BBA. BBA spam.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thank the lord I just beat that hard battle. I hope there aren't any more that's that hard or crappy. Required Special Move finishes are lame.

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thank the lord I just beat that hard battle. I hope there aren't any more that's that hard or crappy. Required Special Move finishes are lame.

I know, right? At a certain point when you're getting the crap beaten out of you by a computer that's basically cheating you want to do a substitution attack and lock them into a good combo for a last ditch win... but nope!

Mblackwell on

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Looks like the unlock Bando method has been basically sorted out.

To do so:

Buy everything from the shop (except bando and the character you can't get without him)
    get 70k ryo on top of that.

Orochimaru's combo mission is the only thing you should do for money after you unlock him if you want to zerg rush it.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Alternate way to unlock bando from the Willvolution forums.
    You could start by climbing through the ledges and sliding down into the pit. Then, race into the laser light room. Unleash the power of the special white laser, and you could choose to go up into the room of the maderman's hand- or the jester's court. Press yourself against the right wall painting and you might have a chance to enter the dark forest. Reach into the hole and find the key but be careful: one of the trees could be inhabited by the spirit of a temple guard. If they grab you, you'll have to give up a pendant of life. Next, plow through the wall and into the mine shaft. There, ride the elevator up into the room of the secret password. Find the tablet with the right password, and shout it out to open the door to the shrine of the silver monkey, where you can grab the broken wing of Icarus. Assemble the statue and you may be headed for the king's storeroom. Smash the clay pots to find the key, which will allow you into the observatory. Put together the puzzle on the stone column and swing on the rope back across the pit. Then, pass through the crypt, race down the stairs, and back through the temple gates. Then, and only then, Bando shall be unlocked. The choices are your's and your's alone.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    :^:

I loved that show.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    By the way the "Buy everything, earn another 70k" theory is all but confirmed on how to unlock Bando.

Knowing that here is Unlock everything fast guide, ver 2.0.

Beat Story once on default difficulty.

Unlock Mission mode.
    Do Neji's Ten man fight (use BBA, try not to get hit) for easy money.
    Buy out the first tier of characters.
    Buy Orochimaru first.
    Do Orochimaru's combo mission d.BAx4 for the quickest money ever.
    Get 30% on all Akatsuki members mission lists, buy Hidan and Kakuzu.
    Get 20% on everyone else, buying new people as you go.
    Buy everything in the shop
    Get another 70,00 ryo
    Buy Bando
    Get 20% on Bando
    Get 40-70% on Kakashi, including his S-Rank mission at Jonin or Higher (might be Hokage, still pretty easy)
    Do the S Rank mission again, defeat ANBU Kakashi.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So this game continues to be really fun. Blitzed through the story yesterday and played a lot more multiplayer. Despite the frustrations of fighting against him in the story, I really like Deidara. I also like using Hinata although that's nothing surprising.

How often do good players cancel attacks (like, with Y, to do longer combos)? With Neji and Hinata I can do some 11-hit combos which seems decent, but they only barely seem stronger than the combos I could do normally. Is it worth the chakra?

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Only if it doesn't lead them to hitting you with an R-KNJ (R Substitutions are offensive, L's are defensive) and starting up their own combo.

But yeah, Neji was the first character with combo extending using the Y button, and remains one of the better one because while he may not hit that hard he also doesn't give back a ton of chakra.

Hinata can also cancel some combos by activating/deactivating her transformation. It's hella quick and sometimes gives you juust what you need to finish one out.

Play safe for a bit and you'll figure out when you should continue a combo and when you should cut it off. 25% Chakra isn't an earth shattering amount but if you're low on health you might not want to risk it.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Since I'm bored I'll talk about some of the other characters I didn't already talk about:

Spoilered for various reasons.

Naruto- Plays the same from Revo 2, only with better specials and no shadow clone back+a. Great character to start with if you are new to the game. His air throw is nasty. 100% chakra transformation to One Tail, who does a ridiculous amount of damage. No cost to transform in LNP and super armor for his transformed form.

Kakashi- Is still Kakashi with eight millionty (six) specials. In non transformed form you hit x and then a directional immediately after for four different real time specials. His air throw is primary lotus, also a bonus. Transformed takes a bit of chakra, and drains life, but is free and drains no life in LNP. Transformed has death laser as his x special, which has to be charged up. It charges...much, much faster in LNP, and if you get the charge off it is an instant hit for a ton of damage.

Hinata-Is an amalgam of Hinata and Awakened Hinata. Changes to her model and the general gravity make it a lot easier to continue combos, and she has an incredible four useable specials. Regular has counter as down+x that does a ton of damage, and x is her same old low (but slightly improved) damage special from CON 1-4. Transformed she has both of Neji's specials. LNP is counter for free, transform for free, longer back+a duration,

Neji- Is good. Almost exactly the same as CoN series, only with up+a and charged a being air palms instead of shurikens. They fixed it so his combos don't whiff right in the middle anymore. Can drain chakra on block with his LNP, can block shurikens from behind too. Very fun.

Shikamaru-Another character with few changes. His LNP? Cannot be guard crushed. It's like playing CON2 all over again...only without his unfair infinite. His specials kinda suck but again he is king of mix up. Has a hilarious character select.

Rock Lee- Same good character as usual. Guard crush taken down a peg, but they buffed his regular special something fierce, now somewhere in between CON1 and CON2 damage without popping any gates. In LNP can teleport with down+x, and open gates for free. CRAZY USEFUL. CRAZY USEFUL.

Might Guy- See Lee exactly. Only thing different are his specials, down+x is hilarious and always ends with decent damage and has good chakra regen of all things. X....does a lot of damage and is generally the coolest looking special in the game. LNP is exactly the same.

Shino- Seems similar. Gets free charged bugs in LNP. Some attacks don't drain anymore, but do more damage.

Kiba- Is the same basic character, only he kicks ass because of the gravity. Has some move in LNP that switches his place with Akamaru's...very useful!

More to come later.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Getting better with canceling attacks. I think I like Hinata more than Neji now. I'm also liking Deidara more than I expected to. He's got some pretty fun combos and I like setting up attacks with explosives, but he doesn't seem to get much out of canceling attacks, and his LNP (free explosives) isn't as significant as some of the other characters I use (Hinata, Lee).

EDIT: Oh, and Deidara is the only person so far who I've been able to pass the combo mission for, yet. Granted I've only tried it with maybe five people so far, and I refuse to look up how to pass them.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Deidara is really easy to pass using waggle controls. Like impossible to fail without.

PROTIP: Some of the methods involve paper bombs, either on the ground or in flight.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Deidara is really easy to pass using waggle controls. Like impossible to fail without.

PROTIP: Some of the methods involve paper bombs, either on the ground or in flight.

Huh? I use a cube controller. I beat Deidara's mostly from abusing his upA. I guess that's why its so easy. Why would waggle be any harder?

And yeah, I started experimenting with the bombs yesterday, although I need to come up with more ideas. I can't see one paper bomb being the difference between 70 and 89 hits with Anko, for example. I need to come up with something silly.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So I've got Hidan and Kakuzu so now I'm trying to gain money to buy out the rest of the characters. Went online first thing last night and had some decent matches. My opponent and I were 8:8 when I was about to finish him off in the 17th game with a BBX from Sasori. Then he DCs :( . I hate it when you think people aren't jerks and then they suddenly flip the dick switch. So I went back to the single player and realized how much smoother the game felt offline. So I guess I'm BBAing my way to fame and fortune with Neji.

Any tips for Kakashi's S-Rank? Boss-style super armor can die in a fire.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hit X on Deidara in waggle, you can waggle out enough extra hits to pass. :P

Since you don't want to look them up yourself I'll spoil a hint for you.
    UP+A, the wall of logs, characters who throw multiple kunai upwards. Think about it. :P

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Fig-D wrote: »
    So I've got Hidan and Kakuzu so now I'm trying to gain money to buy out the rest of the characters. Went online first thing last night and had some decent matches. My opponent and I were 8:8 when I was about to finish him off in the 17th game with a BBX from Sasori. Then he DCs :( . I hate it when you think people aren't jerks and then they suddenly flip the dick switch. So I went back to the single player and realized how much smoother the game felt offline. So I guess I'm BBAing my way to fame and fortune with Neji.

Any tips for Kakashi's S-Rank? Boss-style super armor can die in a fire.

Down and A like it's your job. Computer can't resist moving when you are off screen.

You need money? Unlock orochimaru and do his combo mission.

Spoiled for Ashton's sake
    downBA x4. You'll figure it out right quick

If you don't have orochimaru yet then well, getting 20% on each character will give you a lot of dough. Neji's ten man mission can be one with many a perfect just by mashing bba, and perfects get you over a thousand ryo for battles after the second one.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah I'm just trying to get the first tier of characters unlocked so I can get to Orochimaru and the rest of the cast.

Thanks for the Kakashi tip, I'll try that out in a moment.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I hate practicing against the computer. They almost never block and almost always get out of throws. How can I practice comboing into throws and throwing into combos? Training mode is okish, but sitll has most of the same problems.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I've noticed the same problem. I actually thought that Chouji's neutral A and BBA were unblockable for awhile because the AI always gets hit by it.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    His charged A is kinda, sorta unblockable.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Tenten really sucks in this game, she's bad.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I noticed the same thing. Gave up on her quickly.
    Played a lot today with people. Hinata is definitely my best right now, although I like a lot of other characters. Unlocked a bunch of characters including Hidan and Orochimaru today.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Funny because, imo, she was one of the better characters in the original Japanese version.

Some of the changes they made to this game are baffling. They took out Naruto's clones and Gaara's triple Geyser, but they still left Sasuke with that really cheap teleport sword attack.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Sidestep is your motherfucking friend against scrub kings using Sasuke. Learn when to sidestep and you'll catch them with their pants down every single time.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I'm seeing that. Been using it a lot more lately.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I only just unlocked Sasuke, and yeah. Definitely seems like you need some timely sidesteps to get around his nonsense, much like with Shikamaru.

Only missing three characters now (two are obvious, and Kakuzu). I'm surprised about how much I like some of the filler characters, considering I have no idea who they are.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Towa and Komachi are literally just random ANBU assigned to stop Kagura.

Bando is Kagura's hired goon and is a weapon's dealer. He got a plan to destroy the village from Kabuto (the man behind the throne in CoNR2) and gave it to Kagura. Bando wanted the village destroyed to start Ninja World War 4.

Kagura wanted to be Tsunade's apprentice so she could be a great female ninja. Tsuande thought she lacked compassion, so said no and enraged for no reason she leaves the village and broods for awhile, eventually getting used in this plan to destroy the village.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Who do you guys think are the better characters in the game?

After fighting my friend's Hiruko a bunch of times I was starting to think that he is one of the very best, but then I switched to using Kakashi and (mostly because his dA can punish projectile spam) he didn't seem so bad anymore. Maybe Hiruko is just a really bad matchup for Hinata and Neji.

Sasuke definitely seems really good, and I really like Komachi, and Lee seems good. I also bet that Chiyo is great, in the right hands.

Yamato seems to do ridiculous amounts of damage. Even a simple BBBA can really hurt, but he also seems kinda slow. Not sure how that balances out, exactly.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I haven't unlocked absolutely everyone yet, but so far I rape with Kisame. He was ungodly slow in CoN1, but now in 3 he's perfectly balanced and can really keep other characters on their toes. Guy is decent as well, or, I should say... other people that use Guy tend to be decent against me, even the computer. I'm not quite sure why.

Chiyo is the kind of character where if you don't forget that you have to move her around and keep her out of harm's way she's perfectly awesome. The problem is you have two independent puppets to focus on, plus Chiyo herself. It takes quite a bit of dividing your attention and setting up positioning. Reflecting on it makes me realize there's no other way to do Chiyo justice as a character.

I haven't quite figured out a good usage of her Chakra Shield though.

Mblackwell on

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Question for anyone who can answer. Is there any way to avoid Sasuke's regular AAAA combo if you are blocking at the start? I can normally deal with combos into teleports, but that one knocks you into the air first, making it impossible to sidestep, and I can never seem to jump away in time.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    there probably is, but know that sasuke is the akuma of this game.

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Jump faster if it's the one I think it is.

Kisame is ok but you really need to worry about people who are good with Hiruko, Sasori, Kiba, Hinata, Naruto, Sakura and potentially Chiyo. Anbu Kakashi adds a ridiculously fast recharging guard crush meter in sharingan to his impressive offense so he might also be a character to defeat, and it takes a long time for people to figure out a way around Gaara with his new options.

Xenogears of Bore on