Options

Forza Motorsport 3 [Game On]

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hawk wrote: »
    So just yesterday alone I got 30/50 achievements for 300/1000 points. Made it to Level 10, lots of fun.

Yeah, hats off to Turn10 for the achievements in this one being actually accessible, instead of "win 19028512506182675125 to the 80th power online matches for 5 gamerpoints" like a lot of games.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    PacifistPacifist Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pfffffft. This game needs a 1 mil online credits achievement.

Well if the online worked, of coruse.

Pacifist on
    XBL: Pacifist NJ
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pacifist wrote: »
    Pfffffft. This game needs a 1 mil online credits achievement.

Well if the online worked, of coruse.

No it doesn't.

Hawk on
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Truck Invitational was good times. I think every racing night in future should involve a race in this vain. Next time trucks around the Nurburgring?

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    NegrodamusNegrodamus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How did I miss that last night? Never again.

Negrodamus on
    XBL: P3rcyMiracl3s | PSN: gumby24
  • Options
    smokealbertsmokealbert Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Triple B wrote: »
    Edit: Also, do we have anyone on here who's like...really good with the livery editor? If so, I will basically let you name your own price (in-game credits, of course :D) for a couple of Patriots logos. Seen here:
    1162-share-your-patriots-desktop-wallpaper-0217205548_patriots-20logo-756409.jpg

pats_logo.jpg

A WIP:

Forza.jpg

The shape looks a little off because of the slight curve of the roof. I'm not 100% happy with the outlines yet, so I'll have a fiddle with them before doing the detail. Also his chin needs a slight shrinking now I see it side by side with the reference. It's about 70 vinyls so far

smokealbert on
    Xbox GT: Smokealbert
  • Options
    The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So is there no way to look for an individual storefront, like a search by gamertag option? It seems like it's all done through the search criteria. It would be neat if we could browse each others stores.

Anyone happen to know an answer on this one? I keep hearing that there's ways of doing this, but I haven't found it yet.

The Listener on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I would also like to know.

Pacifist on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I haven't found a way. I seem to remember seeing you can add a user to your favourites in the storefront, but not sure how you quickly find your friends in the first place.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You can press Y and find your friends. But anyone not your friends seems to be really hard to do.

Hawk on
  • Options
    PilgrimPilgrim Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I just got my '98 Supra, I'm not getting out of this thing unless the game fucking forces me to.

Pilgrim on
  • Options
    krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You can add custom keywords to items right? Or does the keyword search just search on the name of the item? I was going to suggest we tag all of our creations with PAFORZA or something.

krylon666 on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    krylon666 wrote: »
    You can add custom keywords to items right? Or does the keyword search just search on the name of the item? I was going to suggest we tag all of our creations with PAFORZA or something.

Don't know if anyone in these parts cares, but the goons are using the 'lljk' tag for their stuff. There's some decent pieces available.

xzzy on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think 'penarc' would be a good tag. It almost sounds like a company that produces some kind of racing hardware.

rts on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So I'll be ducking into the game in about an hour and a half. Anyone wanting some multiplayer give me a prod.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Has anyone else had any difficulty getting into online matches? I haven't tried any with friends, but I haven't been able to get into any races yet.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Edit: Also, do we have anyone on here who's like...really good with the livery editor? If so, I will basically let you name your own price (in-game credits, of course :D) for a couple of Patriots logos. Seen here:
    1162-share-your-patriots-desktop-wallpaper-0217205548_patriots-20logo-756409.jpg

pats_logo.jpg

A WIP:

Forza.jpg

The shape looks a little off because of the slight curve of the roof. I'm not 100% happy with the outlines yet, so I'll have a fiddle with them before doing the detail. Also his chin needs a slight shrinking now I see it side by side with the reference. It's about 70 vinyls so far

I've seen a lot of attempts at this logo, and what you've got so far is easily the most accurate in terms of shape, sir. For one though, the "tails" need to be a bit more fleshed-out. Longer, and a bit fatter, that is. The front half is amazing, but the back half is proportionately about half the size it needs to be. Also, the "chin" should be less of a circle, and have more of a point at the bottom. But seriously, great stuff so far, dude. That logo is an absolute bitch to reproduce, I speak from first-hand experience. Color me all kinds of impressed. :^:

Also, I really appreciate that you're even making an effort to fulfill my insatiable request. Hats off to you, sir.

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    I think 'penarc' would be a good tag. It almost sounds like a company that produces some kind of racing hardware.

Sounds good to me. I'll be tagging my stuff with that. I hope to finish my first race/replica livery tonight. I'll post up some pics once I have them for anyone interested. What seems to be a good standard price for a full car design?

I could be down for some multiplayer later, especially if we do some stock or low-PI stuff. I haven't had time to setup too many cars yet.

krylon666 on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm really impressed with the rally(ish) courses in this game. Going down Fuji Kaido in a Tiburon for the F class event was hilarious (was thinking of buying a C1 for the event but didn't feel like dropping 100k), and the E class Positano event is making me want to buy a Fiat 500 in real life.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Tinkered about with the vinyl editor tonight and made my first attempt at an actual logo, the results of which you can see on the side of one of my lovely Fairladies.

fairlady2.jpg

Really happy with how it came out for a first-timer.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Alright I will add penarc to the OP.

rts on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hmm..."penarc"...that's a really good idea, having a tag that we all know to search for. Like, a really good idea. Kudos. :^:

Triple B on
  • Options
    BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Played around with the editor for a little bit, tried to make a racing livery for my Fairlady. Meh.

fairlady3.jpg

Blakout on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I made a short video of me playing with the Fanatec wheel if anyone is interested. I cut it off slightly before I slammed into a wall and dropped a 'fuck' so it wouldn't be like that on youtube. I was hoping my dog would get up so you could continue to be in awe of how massive he is but he decided to just lay there instead (you can see him in the bottom right).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7HYz-pA4dg

rts on
  • Options
    XiaNaphryzXiaNaphryz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I made a short video of me playing with the Fanatec wheel if anyone is interested. I cut it off slightly before I slammed into a wall and dropped a 'fuck' so it wouldn't be like that on youtube. I was hoping my dog would get up so you could continue to be in awe of how massive he is but he decided to just lay there instead (you can see him in the bottom right).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7HYz-pA4dg

How's the ABS vibration thingie (both wheel and pedals)? Is it mostly accurate by default, or did you have to tweak it?

XiaNaphryz on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggghh!!

why must some decals be non removable, or even coverable?

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    cakemikz, i was extremely nervous the entire time watching you're video haha. really makes me want to get a wheel again (had the MS wheel for FM2, but i drove so bad comparable that i returned it).

in other news, my Martini Racing Lancia Delta livery is up on the storefront now. if anyone is interested, you can find it under 'penarc'.

krylon666 on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was noticing the benchmark layouts weren't very descriptive and misleading in some cases, so for anyone curious I thought I'd post a bit of a summary:

Layout A: Pretty much free roam, just a small segment in the middle that's boxed off to mark laps.

Layout B: 1.2 mi Oval track, Wide, passes through hangar and has rough pavement section.

Layout C: 1.2 mi Oval track, no obstacles, smooth pavement

Layout D: 1.2 mi Tri-oval, Passes through hangar but cosmetic only. No obstacles of note.

Layout E: As A, but with no obstacles. Big, flat parking lot.

Layout F: 1.5 mi B-shaped Road course.

TLDR: B, C, D, E are for racing, A, C are for making videos and testing.

Edit: Also A and C would probably be good for tag and maybe cat and mouse, etc in multi but be advised that the AI fails entirely to grasp the point of these courses.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So I've been doing searches for "penarc" and the only items coming up are my own.

Edit: Took a pic of my little Brera. I love this thing, man...I've since changed the color and added a bit of a vinyl scheme to it, but haven't gotten any pics yet. The new design is up on the storefront, anyway.
    brera.jpg

Triple B on
  • Options
    BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I've been doing searches for "penarc" and the only items coming up are my own.

I've got a design and a bunch of pictures that should be showing up.

Speaking of which...(big image dump)
    300zx I posted above
    Fairlady12.jpg
    Fairlady22.jpg
    Fairlady32.jpg

FIESTA POWER
    Fiesta12.jpg
    fiesta22.jpg

My precious...
    Fox-Body12.jpg
    Fox-Body22.jpg
    Fox-Body32.jpg

Racing against my brother
    Fox-Death12.jpg
    Fox-Drag12.jpg
    Fox-Drag22.jpg

Blakout on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    XiaNaphryz wrote: »
    How's the ABS vibration thingie (both wheel and pedals)? Is it mostly accurate by default, or did you have to tweak it?

I couldn't really say. I drive with ABS off, and while it is still supposed to vibrate to let you know that the brakes are about to lock up...it hasn't jumped out and grabbed me. That isn't to say it isn't working..or even doing a very good job...it may just be that it feels so natural I have not noticed.

krylon666 - I am glad it was so exciting. That car was very difficult to drive.

rts on
  • Options
    smokealbertsmokealbert Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've seen a lot of attempts at this logo, and what you've got so far is easily the most accurate in terms of shape, sir. For one though, the "tails" need to be a bit more fleshed-out. Longer, and a bit fatter, that is. The front half is amazing, but the back half is proportionately about half the size it needs to be. Also, the "chin" should be less of a circle, and have more of a point at the bottom. But seriously, great stuff so far, dude. That logo is an absolute bitch to reproduce, I speak from first-hand experience. Color me all kinds of impressed. :^:

Also, I really appreciate that you're even making an effort to fulfill my insatiable request. Hats off to you, sir.

Yeah, The back end looks a little different on that roof compared to how it did in the vinyl editor, but it definitely needs adjusting anyway. I am only noticing the major problems with it now I see it alongside the original.

smokealbert on
    Xbox GT: Smokealbert
  • Options
    Operator-COperator-C Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I couldn't really say. I drive with ABS off, and while it is still supposed to vibrate to let you know that the brakes are about to lock up...it hasn't jumped out and grabbed me. That isn't to say it isn't working..or even doing a very good job...it may just be that it feels so natural I have not noticed.

Is the wheel force feedback?

Operator-C on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm really impressed with the photomode in this. It's miles beyond the one in FM2.

zoomydub.jpg

irocingaring.jpg

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Operator-C wrote: »

Is the wheel force feedback?

Yeah, its very strong and its belt driven so its very quiet.

rts on
  • Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey, new thread! I didn't notice, so let me repeat my question from the old one here:

Is there any where to look at the interiors of the cars in the game?

enc0re on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Er, besides the cockpit view you mean?

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Other than cockpit mode you can look in through the windows in photo mode. I think you get worse textures than in cockpit view but it's still neat to look in through the car's window and see the dials are all running.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm starting to notice more and more that I'm getting faults flashing up on straight parts of a track, presumably from my car bottoming out. I can't see or hear it happen, but it seems the only real possibility. What's strange is it's happening with cars where I haven't even tweaked the ride height. Is there any obvious way to avoid this that I'm missing outside of adjusting the ride height? It's making getting certified laps with certain cars a real pain.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nope. Going to have to wait 'til Turn 10 gets back from vacation to fix their game.

Pacifist on